|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
(a) They told him he would have fun.
(b) They told him to be good and listen to the teacher.
(c) No, he was the first one in his family to go to school.
(d) No, they never talked about it.
2. What do the Hispanic college students ask Rodriguez to do?
(a) To teach a course in minority literature.
(b) To write them recommendations for graduate school.
(c) To lead a protest.
(d) To give a speech to their student group.
3. When he is a child, what do people say about Rodriguez's complexion?
(a) They joke with him about how light his skin is.
(b) They tell him to see a doctor to get help.
(c) They tell him he is handsome.
(d) They tease him.
4. How does a scholarship boy form his own ideas or opinions?
(a) He bases his ideas on what his teacher tells him.
(b) He learns about other's ideas and opinions, but does not have his own ideas.
(c) He bases his ideas on what his classmates tell him.
(d) He bases his ideas on what he learns in class.
5. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the students say about Rodriguez?
2. What does Rodriguez's teacher tell him about reading and complicated ideas?
3. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
4. How well can Rodriguez speak English when he starts school?
5. According to Rodriguez's family, what is wrong with Richard?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)