|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How well can Rodriguez speak English when he starts school?
(a) He is fluent in English and Spanish.
(b) His English is very limited.
(c) He speaks English pretty well.
(d) He does not speak English at all.
2. How does Rodriguez describe the changes in the mass that happen as he grows up?
(a) It is more like a community celebration than a prayer.
(b) It becomes more formal and structured.
(c) It is more like a prayer than a community celebration.
(d) It becomes less formal.
3. While he studies at Stanford, what does Rodriguez do to make money?
(a) Works a construction job.
(b) Tutors other students.
(c) Writes for a local newspaper.
(d) Works in the school cafeteria.
4. How does Rodriguez change his religious practices?
(a) He goes to mass every day.
(b) He starts praying more regularly.
(c) He stops going to mass at all.
(d) He stops going to confession and listens to his conscience instead of the priest.
5. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
(a) In public.
(b) In private, with family or close friends.
(d) In the classroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez feel about his parents' English skills?
2. Once the family has shifted to speaking English, how does Rodriguez feel when he hears families speaking Spanish?
3. When he was a child, what did his parents say he looked like?
4. When he is a child, what do people say about Rodriguez's complexion?
5. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)