|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While he studies at Stanford, what does Rodriguez do to make money?
(a) Works a construction job.
(b) Works in the school cafeteria.
(c) Writes for a local newspaper.
(d) Tutors other students.
2. How do Rodriguez's friends affect his religious practices?
(a) His friends are all non-Catholic.
(b) His friends are all non-religious.
(c) His friends all practice different religions.
(d) His friends want him to go to mass with them every day.
3. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
(a) Getting extra help from the teacher.
(b) Learning English from listening to the radio.
(c) Studying with a classmate.
(d) Practicing English with his family.
4. Once the family has shifted to speaking English, how does Rodriguez feel when he hears families speaking Spanish?
(a) Rodriguez is frustrated because he thinks those families are making it harder for their children to learn English.
(b) Rodriguez is embarrassed because he thinks everyone should speak English.
(c) Rodriguez is sad because it reminds him of the closeness his family lost.
(d) Rodriguez is pleased to know that Spanish is still being spoken in people's homes.
5. When Rodriguez applies for teaching jobs, what happens?
(a) He gets lots of good job offers.
(b) He gets one or two offers from out-of-state schools.
(c) He is told the schools will not hire a minority candidate.
(d) He does not get any job offers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez feel comfortable? Why?
2. What does Rodriguez say education does to the scholarship boy?
3. Once Rodriguez takes the reading class, how does he feel about reading and books?
4. What happens at the swimming pool to make Rodriguez aware of his skin color?
5. What is Rodriguez's complexion like?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)