|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a young child, how does Rodriguez feel about books?
(a) He thinks they are boring.
(b) He is not really interested in them.
(c) He is excited to learn to read.
(d) He is afraid of them.
2. What changes Rodriguez's ideas about his complexion?
(a) He talks about it with one of his professors.
(b) He works construction and gets comfortable about revealing his skin.
(c) He talks about it with other minority students.
(d) He writes a news story about the "Black is Beautiful" movement.
3. How does Rodriguez feel when he observes the group of black teenagers on the bus?
(a) He envies their close bond.
(b) He is irritated because they are noisy.
(c) He is scared because they look tough.
(d) He wishes he could be their friend.
4. What does Rodriguez's professor ask him about applying for teaching jobs?
(a) If Rodriguez thinks the jobs will find him because he is a minority candidate.
(b) If he is willing to teach at a far away school.
(c) If he is sure he wants to teach college.
(d) If he wants to get a job this year.
5. How do Rodriguez's friends affect his religious practices?
(a) His friends are all non-religious.
(b) His friends are all non-Catholic.
(c) His friends want him to go to mass with them every day.
(d) His friends all practice different religions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez see the scholarship boy?
2. What does Rodriguez start to believe about intimate conversations?
3. What does Rodriguez say he gains because of learning to speak English?
4. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
5. What is Rodriguez's complexion like?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)