|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
(a) He would get better grades.
(b) He could understand the homework assignments better.
(c) He would feel more comfortable in the classroom.
(d) He could ask the teacher questions more easily.
2. How does Rodriguez see the scholarship boy?
(a) As the teacher's puppet.
(b) As someone who is doomed to fail.
(c) As the future of the country.
(d) As the teacher's pet.
3. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
(a) They just do what the priest tells them to do.
(b) They are too simple.
(c) They are deep and profound.
(d) They are based on good Church teachings.
4. What has happened to Rodriguez's classmate who applied for the same type of teaching jobs?
(a) He is told the schools will not hire a minority candidate.
(b) He does not get any job offers.
(c) He gets lots of good job offers.
(d) He gets one or two offers from out-of-state schools.
5. Does Rodriguez believe that not speaking English well has consequences for his parents?
(a) Yes, he thinks they got cheated out of money because of it.
(b) No, he says they did all right in spite of the language problems.
(c) No, because they always stayed in places where the other people spoke Spanish, too.
(d) Yes, because they could not talk to the doctor if they were sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rodriguez's friends affect his religious practices?
2. In Credo, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez do to change his ideas about religion?
3. Where do Rodriguez's parents speak Spanish and where do they speak English?
4. What does Rodriguez say education does to the scholarship boy?
5. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)