|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Complexion, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez realize about education?
(a) It changes how people look at the world.
(b) It gives people a voice.
(c) It provides better job options.
(d) It is a waste of time.
2. How does Rodriguez feel about his religious education?
(a) It isolated him.
(b) It kept him closer to his parents.
(c) It changed his life.
(d) It helped him become successful.
3. What does Rodriguez learn about sin?
(a) Sins are not a big deal, and he should not worry about them.
(b) Sins are things that non-religious people do.
(c) Sins are bad, and he should confess them to the priest.
(d) Sins are good, and he should try to have more of them.
4. How does a scholarship boy form his own ideas or opinions?
(a) He bases his ideas on what his teacher tells him.
(b) He bases his ideas on what he learns in class.
(c) He learns about other's ideas and opinions, but does not have his own ideas.
(d) He bases his ideas on what his classmates tell him.
5. What does Rodriguez say is the real reason for his success?
(a) Kissing up to the teacher.
(b) Remembering what his life was like before he was educated.
(c) Working very hard.
(d) Reading every book he could find.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rodriguez told when he asks questions about the church?
2. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
3. What does Rodriguez say about bilingual education and the language of "separateness"?
4. What does Rodriguez start to believe about intimate conversations?
5. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)