|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez believe Spanish should be spoken?
(a) In private, with family or close friends.
(c) In public.
(d) In the classroom.
2. How does the scholarship boy use education?
(a) To get a good job.
(b) To make money.
(c) To change himself.
(d) To make friends.
3. What does his mother think about his reading?
(a) She wishes he would read less and go play sports.
(b) She does not understand it.
(c) She hopes that he can teach her to read better.
(d) She is proud of him for reading so much.
4. Rodriguez has acknowledged that his relationship with his family changed as he became more educated. What does he say about how that affected his success?
(a) He used it to explain to people what his life was like before he was educated.
(b) He used it as an excuse to not work very hard.
(c) He does not complain about the change because he is so glad to be well-educated.
(d) He used it to motivate him to try harder.
5. Does Rodriguez think his religious education had the effect it was supposed to?
(a) Yes, because he gets a good education.
(b) No, because the schools were supposed to give him a broader view.
(c) Yes, because it kept him involved with the religion.
(d) No, because he eventually stops practicing the religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez mean by "intimate utterance"?
2. How does a newspaper affect Rodriguez's reading habits?
3. According to Rodriguez, what do minority students need to succeed in college?
4. Does Rodriguez believe that not speaking English well has consequences for his parents?
5. As a child, how does Rodriguez feel about speaking English?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)