|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes Rodriguez's ideas about his complexion?
(a) He writes a news story about the "Black is Beautiful" movement.
(b) He talks about it with one of his professors.
(c) He talks about it with other minority students.
(d) He works construction and gets comfortable about revealing his skin.
2. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
(a) They told him to be good and listen to the teacher.
(b) No, they never talked about it.
(c) No, he was the first one in his family to go to school.
(d) They told him he would have fun.
3. Why do the new minority students on campus make Rodriguez uneasy?
(a) They dress funny.
(b) They try to speak to him in Spanish.
(c) They celebrate the cultural heritage that he has rejected.
(d) They act like revolutionaries and promote violence.
4. What has happened to Rodriguez's classmate who applied for the same type of teaching jobs?
(a) He gets one or two offers from out-of-state schools.
(b) He gets lots of good job offers.
(c) He is told the schools will not hire a minority candidate.
(d) He does not get any job offers.
5. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
(a) He misses the ritual.
(b) He thinks they are old-fashioned and silly.
(c) He thinks those traditions are only suitable for people like his parents.
(d) He is glad the traditions have changed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rodriguez taught about marrying someone of a different religion?
2. What is Rodriguez's complexion like?
3. When he is a child, what do people say about Rodriguez's complexion?
4. In The Achievement of Desire, Prologue, Rodriguez says that now that he is successful, people always ask him a certain question. What is it?
5. What new academic field do these minority college students ask for?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)