|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What example does Rodriguez offer of a program that can help minority students?
(a) Students he knew in graduate school who went for extra tutoring.
(b) Students who took a remedial reading course.
(c) Students who went to college for five years instead of four.
(d) His own experience: a strong educational background.
2. According to Rodriguez's family, what is wrong with Richard?
(a) He needs to be more responsible.
(b) He needs to work at hard labor.
(c) He needs to talk more when he is at home.
(d) He is more like a woman because he talks a lot and has soft hands.
3. As a young child, how does Rodriguez feel about books?
(a) He thinks they are boring.
(b) He is not really interested in them.
(c) He is excited to learn to read.
(d) He is afraid of them.
4. What do teachers think of the scholarship boy?
(a) They think he needs to work harder.
(b) They think he works too hard.
(c) They think he is the teacher's pet.
(d) They are proud of his efforts.
5. How does Rodriguez explain his success to people?
(a) He was just very lucky.
(b) He went to a good school and had supportive parents.
(c) He had good teachers.
(d) He worked very hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rodriguez, what do minority students need to succeed in college?
2. Does Rodriguez think his religious education had the effect it was supposed to?
3. How well can Rodriguez speak English when he starts school?
4. When does Rodriguez begin to question his religion?
5. When he was a child, what did his parents say he looked like?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)