|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rodriguez, what do minority students need to succeed in college?
(a) A support system of other minority students.
(b) Extra tutoring.
(c) Basic skills and an educational background that prepares them for college.
(d) Supportive professors and family members.
2. What does Rodriguez finally decide about affirmative action?
(a) He thinks everyone should use it.
(b) He will not benefit from it.
(c) He thinks other people should use it.
(d) It is a bad idea.
3. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) A telephone.
(b) A new car.
(c) A house.
(d) A television.
4. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
5. What religious figure was very important in his parents' old church, but becomes less important in the new church?
(a) St. Peter.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) The priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rodriguez applies for teaching jobs, what happens?
2. What do the Hispanic college students ask Rodriguez to do?
3. Once the family has shifted to speaking English, how does Rodriguez feel when he hears families speaking Spanish?
4. Did Rodriguez's brother and sister tell him what to expect at school?
5. How does Rodriguez's mother change as the family starts to speak English more?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)