|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez go for his fellowship?
(d) Mexico City.
2. How does Rodriguez change his religious practices?
(a) He goes to mass every day.
(b) He stops going to confession and listens to his conscience instead of the priest.
(c) He stops going to mass at all.
(d) He starts praying more regularly.
3. What has happened to Rodriguez's classmate who applied for the same type of teaching jobs?
(a) He does not get any job offers.
(b) He gets lots of good job offers.
(c) He gets one or two offers from out-of-state schools.
(d) He is told the schools will not hire a minority candidate.
4. What does Rodriguez finally decide about affirmative action?
(a) He thinks other people should use it.
(b) He thinks everyone should use it.
(c) It is a bad idea.
(d) He will not benefit from it.
5. How does the family's communication change as the children learn more English?
(a) Their mother talks to them a lot, but their father never speaks to them.
(b) Their mother and father speak to them, but they no longer talk to their grandmother.
(c) They enjoy speaking Spanish together more.
(d) They talk less because it is hard for the parents to understand their children when they speak English.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Rodriguez begin to question his religion?
2. What example does Rodriguez offer of how affirmative action can have negative consequences?
3. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
4. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
5. Once the family has shifted to speaking English, how does Rodriguez feel when he hears families speaking Spanish?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)