|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez think about his ability to succeed with women?
(a) He will succeed because he has such a beautiful "tan."
(b) He can only flirt with dark-skinned women.
(c) He will attract a lot of women because he is "exotic."
(d) He will fail because his skin color makes him ugly.
2. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
(a) To talk about his bad behavior.
(b) To ask the family to practice speaking English.
(c) To ask his parents to volunteer at the school.
(d) To meet his parents.
3. How does the scholarship boy use education?
(a) To make friends.
(b) To get a good job.
(c) To change himself.
(d) To make money.
4. What does Rodriguez's professor ask him about applying for teaching jobs?
(a) If he wants to get a job this year.
(b) If he is willing to teach at a far away school.
(c) If he is sure he wants to teach college.
(d) If Rodriguez thinks the jobs will find him because he is a minority candidate.
5. What does his mother think about his reading?
(a) She hopes that he can teach her to read better.
(b) She does not understand it.
(c) She is proud of him for reading so much.
(d) She wishes he would read less and go play sports.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Rodriguez's classmate as good a student as Rodriguez is?
2. How does a newspaper affect Rodriguez's reading habits?
3. How does Rodriguez's mother change as the family starts to speak English more?
4. How does Rodriguez change his religious practices?
5. In Credo, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez do to change his ideas about religion?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)