|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes Rodriguez's ideas about his complexion?
(a) He works construction and gets comfortable about revealing his skin.
(b) He talks about it with other minority students.
(c) He writes a news story about the "Black is Beautiful" movement.
(d) He talks about it with one of his professors.
2. According to Rodriguez's family, how are men supposed to be?
(a) Ruggedly handsome, strong in character, and responsible.
(b) Gentle, polite, and soft-spoken.
(c) Tough, aggressive, and bossy.
(d) Intelligent, kind, and good at providing for a family.
3. At what stage in their academic career does Rodriguez believe students need help?
(a) When they start high school.
(b) When they start college.
(c) When they start school.
(d) During the last two years of high school.
4. In Complexion, Chapter 3, what new hobby does Rodriguez take up?
(c) Long-distance running.
(d) Scuba diving.
5. How well can Rodriguez speak English when he starts school?
(a) He speaks English pretty well.
(b) He is fluent in English and Spanish.
(c) He does not speak English at all.
(d) His English is very limited.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the scholarship boy use education?
2. As an adult, what do people think his complexion says about him?
3. Once the family has shifted to speaking English, how does Rodriguez feel when he hears families speaking Spanish?
4. Where does Rodriguez start school?
5. How does Rodriguez see the scholarship boy?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)