|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
2. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
(a) To ask his parents to volunteer at the school.
(b) To meet his parents.
(c) To talk about his bad behavior.
(d) To ask the family to practice speaking English.
3. Once Rodriguez takes the reading class, how does he feel about reading and books?
(a) He feels that reading is important, and his parents should read more.
(b) He loves it and wants to read all the books he can find.
(c) He thinks reading is hard, but books are interesting.
(d) He thinks it is boring.
4. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
(a) In the classroom.
(c) In public.
(d) In private, with family or close friends.
5. When Rodriguez gets a summer job during college , what does it teach him about "real work"?
(a) He likes real work better than academic work.
(b) He does not like real work.
(c) Real work is much easier than academic work.
(d) It would take him more than three months to learn how to do it successfully.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rodriguez's family, what is wrong with Richard?
2. Why do the new minority students on campus make Rodriguez uneasy?
3. What religion does Rodriguez's family practice?
4. What is Rodriguez taught about marrying someone of a different religion?
5. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)