|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Rodriguez takes the reading class, how does he feel about reading and books?
(a) He loves it and wants to read all the books he can find.
(b) He thinks reading is hard, but books are interesting.
(c) He feels that reading is important, and his parents should read more.
(d) He thinks it is boring.
2. What religion does Rodriguez's family practice?
3. What does Rodriguez think about how the meaning of a person's complexion has changed?
(a) Nobody pays any attention to complexion any more.
(b) His dark skin used to be popular, but now is unpopular.
(c) People used to ignore his complexion, but now they make a big deal about it.
(d) His dark skin used to be unpopular, but now is popular.
4. How does a scholarship boy form his own ideas or opinions?
(a) He bases his ideas on what his teacher tells him.
(b) He learns about other's ideas and opinions, but does not have his own ideas.
(c) He bases his ideas on what he learns in class.
(d) He bases his ideas on what his classmates tell him.
5. What does Rodriguez's teacher tell him about reading and complicated ideas?
(a) Reading will teach him complicated ideas.
(b) He needs to read 2,000 books to have a complicated idea.
(c) People who do not read cannot have complicated ideas.
(d) He needs to read 5,000 books to have a complicated idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rodriguez learn about other religions beside his own?
2. How does Rodriguez's grandmother affect his ideas on language?
3. What does Rodriguez mean by "intimate utterance"?
4. What religious figure was very important in his parents' old church, but becomes less important in the new church?
5. What has happened to Rodriguez's classmate who applied for the same type of teaching jobs?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)