|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rodriguez applies for teaching jobs, what happens?
(a) He is told the schools will not hire a minority candidate.
(b) He does not get any job offers.
(c) He gets lots of good job offers.
(d) He gets one or two offers from out-of-state schools.
2. What does Rodriguez learn about sin?
(a) Sins are good, and he should try to have more of them.
(b) Sins are not a big deal, and he should not worry about them.
(c) Sins are bad, and he should confess them to the priest.
(d) Sins are things that non-religious people do.
3. Once the family has shifted to speaking English, how does Rodriguez feel when he hears families speaking Spanish?
(a) Rodriguez is sad because it reminds him of the closeness his family lost.
(b) Rodriguez is frustrated because he thinks those families are making it harder for their children to learn English.
(c) Rodriguez is pleased to know that Spanish is still being spoken in people's homes.
(d) Rodriguez is embarrassed because he thinks everyone should speak English.
4. When he was a child, what did his parents say he looked like?
(a) A poor Mexican man who works in the sun.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A sick child.
(d) A wealthy boy who does not work.
5. What does Rodriguez's professor ask him about applying for teaching jobs?
(a) If he is willing to teach at a far away school.
(b) If he wants to get a job this year.
(c) If Rodriguez thinks the jobs will find him because he is a minority candidate.
(d) If he is sure he wants to teach college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez's teacher tell him about reading and complicated ideas?
2. What do teachers think of the scholarship boy?
3. How does Rodriguez describe the sound of English?
4. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
5. What does Rodriguez say he gains because of learning to speak English?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)