|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a newspaper affect Rodriguez's reading habits?
(a) An article explains why reading books can help you do well on tests, so he reads even more books.
(b) An article describes 100 important books and he decides to read all of them.
(c) He decides to read all the book on the bestseller list.
(d) He decides to read the newspaper instead of books.
2. What changes Rodriguez's ideas about his complexion?
(a) He talks about it with other minority students.
(b) He talks about it with one of his professors.
(c) He writes a news story about the "Black is Beautiful" movement.
(d) He works construction and gets comfortable about revealing his skin.
3. What does Rodriguez see as the value of a book?
(a) Its characters.
(b) Its vocabulary and use of language.
(c) Its plot or storyline.
(d) Its theme.
4. What is Rodriguez's complexion like?
(a) He is dark-skinned.
(b) He has bad acne.
(c) He looks like a white boy.
(d) He is light-skinned.
5. How does Rodriguez think about the old religious traditions of his childhood?
(a) He is glad the traditions have changed.
(b) He misses the ritual.
(c) He thinks those traditions are only suitable for people like his parents.
(d) He thinks they are old-fashioned and silly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez think of his parents' ideas on religion?
2. While he studies at Stanford, what does Rodriguez do to make money?
3. Where does Rodriguez believe English should be spoken?
4. How does Rodriguez's father change as the family starts to speak English more?
5. How does the scholarship boy use education?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)