|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Profession, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Complexion, Chapter 3, what does Rodriguez realize about education?
(a) It provides better job options.
(b) It is a waste of time.
(c) It gives people a voice.
(d) It changes how people look at the world.
2. What is Rodriguez told about reading the Bible?
(a) Read it at mass on Sunday.
(b) Read it every day.
(c) Read it in the classroom with someone to guide him.
(d) Do not read it at all.
3. How does Rodriguez describe the changes in the mass that happen as he grows up?
(a) It is more like a community celebration than a prayer.
(b) It becomes less formal.
(c) It is more like a prayer than a community celebration.
(d) It becomes more formal and structured.
4. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
(a) Studying with a classmate.
(b) Learning English from listening to the radio.
(c) Getting extra help from the teacher.
(d) Practicing English with his family.
5. What does Rodriguez start to believe about intimate conversations?
(a) He will never be able to have them with his family because of the language barrier.
(b) Intimate conversations are hard to have in the "public" language.
(c) He can have them with his family in spite of the language barrier.
(d) He can no longer have an intimate conversation in Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the new minority students on campus make Rodriguez uneasy?
2. What does Rodriguez say he gains because of learning to speak English?
3. What example does Rodriguez offer of a program that can help minority students?
4. How does Rodriguez feel about his parents' English skills?
5. Where do Rodriguez's parents speak Spanish and where do they speak English?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)