|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
(a) To ask the family to practice speaking English.
(b) To meet his parents.
(c) To ask his parents to volunteer at the school.
(d) To talk about his bad behavior.
2. What does Rodriguez's teacher tell him about reading and complicated ideas?
(a) Reading will teach him complicated ideas.
(b) He needs to read 2,000 books to have a complicated idea.
(c) People who do not read cannot have complicated ideas.
(d) He needs to read 5,000 books to have a complicated idea.
3. What does Rodriguez call the English-speaking people his family interacts with?
4. Where do Rodriguez's parents speak Spanish and where do they speak English?
(a) Spanish at home, English in public.
(b) English everywhere.
(c) English at home, Spanish in public.
(d) Spanish everywhere.
5. What does Rodriguez say is the real reason for his success?
(a) Working very hard.
(b) Kissing up to the teacher.
(c) Remembering what his life was like before he was educated.
(d) Reading every book he could find.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez say about bilingual education and the language of "separateness"?
2. Once Rodriguez takes the reading class, how does he feel about reading and books?
3. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
4. What was Rodriguez like as a student?
5. As a child, how does Rodriguez feel about speaking English?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)