|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Achievement of Desire, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez feel when he observes the group of black teenagers on the bus?
(a) He envies their close bond.
(b) He wishes he could be their friend.
(c) He is irritated because they are noisy.
(d) He is scared because they look tough.
2. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
(a) He would get better grades.
(b) He could understand the homework assignments better.
(c) He could ask the teacher questions more easily.
(d) He would feel more comfortable in the classroom.
3. What does Rodriguez start to believe about intimate conversations?
(a) He can have them with his family in spite of the language barrier.
(b) He can no longer have an intimate conversation in Spanish.
(c) He will never be able to have them with his family because of the language barrier.
(d) Intimate conversations are hard to have in the "public" language.
4. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
(a) To ask the family to practice speaking English.
(b) To talk about his bad behavior.
(c) To ask his parents to volunteer at the school.
(d) To meet his parents.
5. What does Rodriguez say is the real reason for his success?
(a) Kissing up to the teacher.
(b) Remembering what his life was like before he was educated.
(c) Reading every book he could find.
(d) Working very hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez explain his success to people?
2. What does his mother think about his reading?
3. Where does Rodriguez believe Spanish should be spoken?
4. Where do Rodriguez's parents speak Spanish and where do they speak English?
5. How well can Rodriguez speak English when he starts school?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)