|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As an adult, what do people think his complexion says about him?
(a) That he is unhealthy.
(b) That he is poor and works in the sun all day.
(c) That he spends a lot of time indoors.
(d) That he is rich and lives a life of luxury.
2. What religious figure was very important in his parents' old church, but becomes less important in the new church?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(c) St. Peter.
(d) The priest.
3. How does the family's use of the word "gringo" change as the children learn more English?
(a) The children do not like their parents to use that word any more.
(b) They stop saying it because they no longer use Spanish words.
(c) They use it to compliment each other on how well they speak English.
(d) It starts to mean "a non-Hispanic American" as opposed to the "other" or "outsider" that it used to imply.
4. What was Rodriguez like as a student?
(a) A troublemaker who was bored in class.
(b) A slow learner who worked very hard.
(c) The kind of student to whom everything came easily.
(d) A bookworm who admired his teachers.
5. What is Rodriguez's complexion like?
(a) He looks like a white boy.
(b) He is dark-skinned.
(c) He is light-skinned.
(d) He has bad acne.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez see the scholarship boy?
2. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
3. What is Rodriguez told about reading the Bible?
4. When he is a child, what do people say about Rodriguez's complexion?
5. What does Rodriguez learn about sin?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)