|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) A telephone.
(b) A television.
(c) A new car.
(d) A house.
2. What is Rodriguez's complexion like?
(a) He has bad acne.
(b) He looks like a white boy.
(c) He is dark-skinned.
(d) He is light-skinned.
3. How does Rodriguez see the scholarship boy?
(a) As the future of the country.
(b) As someone who is doomed to fail.
(c) As the teacher's puppet.
(d) As the teacher's pet.
4. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
(a) He would feel more comfortable in the classroom.
(b) He could ask the teacher questions more easily.
(c) He could understand the homework assignments better.
(d) He would get better grades.
5. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
(a) The children start disobeying their parents.
(b) The family grows closer together.
(c) The parents depend on the children to do the talking in public.
(d) The family loses some of its closeness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
2. What does Rodriguez say would be the disadvantage of bilingual education?
3. What does Rodriguez say he gains because of learning to speak English?
4. How does Rodriguez's father change as the family starts to speak English more?
5. What do teachers think of the scholarship boy?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)