|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rodriguez's complexion like?
(a) He is light-skinned.
(b) He looks like a white boy.
(c) He has bad acne.
(d) He is dark-skinned.
2. Rodriguez has acknowledged that his relationship with his family changed as he became more educated. What does he say about how that affected his success?
(a) He used it as an excuse to not work very hard.
(b) He used it to explain to people what his life was like before he was educated.
(c) He used it to motivate him to try harder.
(d) He does not complain about the change because he is so glad to be well-educated.
3. What religious figure was very important in his parents' old church, but becomes less important in the new church?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) St. Peter.
(c) The priest.
4. How does the scholarship boy use education?
(a) To make money.
(b) To get a good job.
(c) To change himself.
(d) To make friends.
5. What is Rodriguez told about reading the Bible?
(a) Read it at mass on Sunday.
(b) Read it every day.
(c) Do not read it at all.
(d) Read it in the classroom with someone to guide him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two versions of his religion does Rodriguez say his parents had to choose between?
2. What was Rodriguez like as a student?
3. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
4. How does Rodriguez see the scholarship boy?
5. In The Achievement of Desire, Prologue, Rodriguez says that now that he is successful, people always ask him a certain question. What is it?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)