|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the picture of Christ with a punctured heart important?
(a) It symbolizes the intersection of church, school, and home.
(b) It is the first gift his family gets from a priest.
(c) It frightens Richard and gives him nightmares.
(d) It symbolizes everything his family believes about God.
2. What is Rodriguez's complexion like?
(a) He is dark-skinned.
(b) He is light-skinned.
(c) He has bad acne.
(d) He looks like a white boy.
3. Once the family has shifted to speaking English, how does Rodriguez feel when he hears families speaking Spanish?
(a) Rodriguez is sad because it reminds him of the closeness his family lost.
(b) Rodriguez is pleased to know that Spanish is still being spoken in people's homes.
(c) Rodriguez is embarrassed because he thinks everyone should speak English.
(d) Rodriguez is frustrated because he thinks those families are making it harder for their children to learn English.
4. How does Rodriguez's father change as the family starts to speak English more?
(a) He complains about using English.
(b) He grows quieter because he is uncomfortable with English.
(c) He gets upset and insists that they speak to him in Spanish.
(d) He takes classes to learn English.
5. How does Rodriguez see the scholarship boy?
(a) As someone who is doomed to fail.
(b) As the future of the country.
(c) As the teacher's pet.
(d) As the teacher's puppet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez's mother change as the family starts to speak English more?
2. What does Rodriguez say is the real reason for his success?
3. What is Rodriguez told about reading the Bible?
4. What does Rodriguez learn about sin?
5. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)