|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
(a) He would get better grades.
(b) He could ask the teacher questions more easily.
(c) He would feel more comfortable in the classroom.
(d) He could understand the homework assignments better.
2. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) A new car.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A house.
(d) A television.
3. How does the scholarship boy use education?
(a) To make friends.
(b) To change himself.
(c) To make money.
(d) To get a good job.
4. What was Rodriguez like as a student?
(a) A troublemaker who was bored in class.
(b) The kind of student to whom everything came easily.
(c) A slow learner who worked very hard.
(d) A bookworm who admired his teachers.
5. How does the family's communication change as the children learn more English?
(a) Their mother and father speak to them, but they no longer talk to their grandmother.
(b) They talk less because it is hard for the parents to understand their children when they speak English.
(c) Their mother talks to them a lot, but their father never speaks to them.
(d) They enjoy speaking Spanish together more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez say would be the disadvantage of bilingual education?
2. When he is a child, what do people say about Rodriguez's complexion?
3. What is Rodriguez told about reading the Bible?
4. As an adult, what do people think his complexion says about him?
5. What religious figure was very important in his parents' old church, but becomes less important in the new church?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)