|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez see the scholarship boy?
(a) As the teacher's puppet.
(b) As someone who is doomed to fail.
(c) As the teacher's pet.
(d) As the future of the country.
2. What does Rodriguez think about how the meaning of a person's complexion has changed?
(a) Nobody pays any attention to complexion any more.
(b) People used to ignore his complexion, but now they make a big deal about it.
(c) His dark skin used to be unpopular, but now is popular.
(d) His dark skin used to be popular, but now is unpopular.
3. How does Rodriguez's mother change as the family starts to speak English more?
(a) She learns more English and works hard to talk to her children.
(b) She complains about using English.
(c) She helps her children learn more English.
(d) She gets upset and insists that they speak to her in Spanish.
4. What was Rodriguez like as a student?
(a) The kind of student to whom everything came easily.
(b) A slow learner who worked very hard.
(c) A bookworm who admired his teachers.
(d) A troublemaker who was bored in class.
5. What does Rodriguez say education does to the scholarship boy?
(a) It teaches him to fight for justice.
(b) It teaches him to be less unique and more like other people.
(c) It teaches him to look down on people who are not educated.
(d) It teaches him to stand up for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do teachers think of the scholarship boy?
2. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
3. What is Rodriguez told when he asks questions about the church?
4. What is Rodriguez told about reading the Bible?
5. What is Rodriguez's complexion like?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)