|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he was a child, what did his parents say he looked like?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A sick child.
(c) A wealthy boy who does not work.
(d) A poor Mexican man who works in the sun.
2. What is Rodriguez's complexion like?
(a) He is dark-skinned.
(b) He looks like a white boy.
(c) He is light-skinned.
(d) He has bad acne.
3. Why is the picture of Christ with a punctured heart important?
(a) It symbolizes the intersection of church, school, and home.
(b) It frightens Richard and gives him nightmares.
(c) It symbolizes everything his family believes about God.
(d) It is the first gift his family gets from a priest.
4. Rodriguez has acknowledged that his relationship with his family changed as he became more educated. What does he say about how that affected his success?
(a) He used it as an excuse to not work very hard.
(b) He used it to motivate him to try harder.
(c) He does not complain about the change because he is so glad to be well-educated.
(d) He used it to explain to people what his life was like before he was educated.
5. How does the scholarship boy use education?
(a) To make money.
(b) To get a good job.
(c) To change himself.
(d) To make friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Rodriguez and his siblings learn more English, what happens to their family?
2. When he is a child, what do people say about Rodriguez's complexion?
3. How does a scholarship boy form his own ideas or opinions?
4. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
5. What do teachers think of the scholarship boy?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)