|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez think about how the meaning of a person's complexion has changed?
(a) His dark skin used to be popular, but now is unpopular.
(b) His dark skin used to be unpopular, but now is popular.
(c) People used to ignore his complexion, but now they make a big deal about it.
(d) Nobody pays any attention to complexion any more.
2. What religious figure was very important in his parents' old church, but becomes less important in the new church?
(a) The priest.
(b) St. Peter.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
3. What was Rodriguez like as a student?
(a) A slow learner who worked very hard.
(b) A bookworm who admired his teachers.
(c) A troublemaker who was bored in class.
(d) The kind of student to whom everything came easily.
4. What is Rodriguez told about reading the Bible?
(a) Read it in the classroom with someone to guide him.
(b) Do not read it at all.
(c) Read it at mass on Sunday.
(d) Read it every day.
5. Once the family has shifted to speaking English, how does Rodriguez feel when he hears families speaking Spanish?
(a) Rodriguez is frustrated because he thinks those families are making it harder for their children to learn English.
(b) Rodriguez is embarrassed because he thinks everyone should speak English.
(c) Rodriguez is pleased to know that Spanish is still being spoken in people's homes.
(d) Rodriguez is sad because it reminds him of the closeness his family lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rodriguez has acknowledged that his relationship with his family changed as he became more educated. What does he say about how that affected his success?
2. What does Rodriguez say would be the disadvantage of bilingual education?
3. What do teachers think of the scholarship boy?
4. What does Rodriguez say education does to the scholarship boy?
5. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)