|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the picture of Christ with a punctured heart important?
(a) It is the first gift his family gets from a priest.
(b) It frightens Richard and gives him nightmares.
(c) It symbolizes the intersection of church, school, and home.
(d) It symbolizes everything his family believes about God.
2. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
(a) Studying with a classmate.
(b) Getting extra help from the teacher.
(c) Learning English from listening to the radio.
(d) Practicing English with his family.
3. As he gets older, what do people tell Rodriguez about his complexion?
(a) They are envious of his "tan."
(b) They tell him to see a doctor to get help.
(c) They joke with him about how light his skin is.
(d) They tease him.
4. How does Rodriguez explain his success to people?
(a) He had good teachers.
(b) He worked very hard.
(c) He went to a good school and had supportive parents.
(d) He was just very lucky.
5. How does Rodriguez see the scholarship boy?
(a) As the teacher's pet.
(b) As the teacher's puppet.
(c) As the future of the country.
(d) As someone who is doomed to fail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the family's use of the word "gringo" change as the children learn more English?
2. What does Rodriguez say he gains because of learning to speak English?
3. When he is a child, what do people say about Rodriguez's complexion?
4. What does Rodriguez learn about sin?
5. What does Rodriguez say is the real reason for his success?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)