|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious figure was very important in his parents' old church, but becomes less important in the new church?
(b) St. Peter.
(c) The priest.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
2. As Rodriguez learns more English, what does he do about his parents' English skills?
(a) He tells them to be quiet and let him do the talking.
(b) He gets angry at them for speaking Spanish.
(c) He corrects their grammar.
(d) He teaches them how to speak English.
3. What two versions of his religion does Rodriguez say his parents had to choose between?
(a) The version that talks about sin and the version that talks about love.
(b) The gentle, happy version and the intense, frightening version.
(c) The old-fashioned version and the modern version.
(d) The Mexican version and the English-speaking version.
4. What do fellow students think of the scholarship boy?
(a) They think he is the teacher's pet.
(b) They are proud of his efforts.
(c) They think he needs to work harder.
(d) They think he works too hard.
5. As he gets older, what do people tell Rodriguez about his complexion?
(a) They joke with him about how light his skin is.
(b) They tease him.
(c) They tell him to see a doctor to get help.
(d) They are envious of his "tan."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rodriguez's mother becomes more fluent in English, she convinces her husband to buy _________. (fill in the blank)
2. How does Rodriguez see the scholarship boy?
3. What does Rodriguez say would be the benefit of bilingual education?
4. What is Rodriguez told about reading the Bible?
5. How does the scholarship boy use education?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)