|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Complexion, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the family has shifted to speaking English, how does Rodriguez feel when he hears families speaking Spanish?
(a) Rodriguez is embarrassed because he thinks everyone should speak English.
(b) Rodriguez is sad because it reminds him of the closeness his family lost.
(c) Rodriguez is frustrated because he thinks those families are making it harder for their children to learn English.
(d) Rodriguez is pleased to know that Spanish is still being spoken in people's homes.
2. As he gets older, what do people tell Rodriguez about his complexion?
(a) They tease him.
(b) They tell him to see a doctor to get help.
(c) They are envious of his "tan."
(d) They joke with him about how light his skin is.
3. How does the scholarship boy use education?
(a) To change himself.
(b) To make money.
(c) To get a good job.
(d) To make friends.
4. How does Rodriguez explain his success to people?
(a) He was just very lucky.
(b) He went to a good school and had supportive parents.
(c) He worked very hard.
(d) He had good teachers.
5. Why do Rodriguez's teachers visit his house?
(a) To talk about his bad behavior.
(b) To meet his parents.
(c) To ask his parents to volunteer at the school.
(d) To ask the family to practice speaking English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez say would be the disadvantage of bilingual education?
2. How does Rodriguez's father change as the family starts to speak English more?
3. What does Rodriguez do in Aria, Chapter 2, that gives him the confidence to speak up in class?
4. How does Rodriguez see the scholarship boy?
5. What is Rodriguez told about reading the Bible?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)