Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years later is it when Diggory Venn comes to visit?
2. When are Eustacia and Wildeve's feeling rekindled?
3. Why is Thomasin now attracted to Diggory?
4. Why does Eustacia not read Clym's letter?
5. Why does Charley hide Captain Vye's pistols?
Essay Topic 1
The author's approach to revealing each character is unique.
Part 1) How?
Part 2) Do the characters seem real or contrived? Why?
Part 3) How do these characters compare to other Victorian literary figures?
Essay Topic 2
Eustacia wants to escape the heath.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) How does she plan on escaping?
Part 3) Do her plans work? Why or why not? How could she have handled this situation differently?
Essay Topic 3
The novel's protagonist is Clym.
Part 1) Describe Clym.
Part 2) Why is he considered the protagonist?
Part 3) How does he change and develop as a character as the novel progresses?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)