|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career change has Diggory made?
2. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money?
3. What does Clym become?
4. Why does Clym blame Eustacia completely for his mother's death?
5. How does she find some rest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clym not attend the wedding?
2. Why does Mrs. Yeobright have a difficult time getting to Clym's home?
3. Why do Mrs. Yeobright and Eustacia exchange angry words?
4. What conversations lead to Clym learning about the day of his mother's death?
5. How is Clym feeling after he learns of his wife's true feelings?
6. What takes place at Blooms-End?
7. What happens to Clym's letter?
8. Why is Mrs. Yeobright shocked?
9. Why is Clym concerned that Thomasin is falling in love with him?
10. Why is Thomasin worried about marrying Diggory? How is it resolved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eustacia is a very beautiful woman.
Part 1) Describe the relationship Eustacia has with men.
Part 2) What do the women think of Eustacia?
Part 3) How does her beauty affect her as a person and have a hand in her demise?
Essay Topic 2
The ending for the protagonist is bittersweet.
Part 1) How?
Part 2) Why does the author end the book in this way?
Part 3) How do you feel about the ending? Would you rather see it end another way? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The transformation of the odd reddleman into a desirable husband seems a little forced.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What is the reason for this change in the character?
Part 3) How does the author feel about the changes? How do you feel about the changes?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)