|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the locals working on this?
2. Why is Eustacia uncomfortable about joining a group?
3. How does Diggory's change of occupation affect his relationship with Thomasin?
4. What plan do Eustacia and Wildeve concoct?
5. Where is Clym waiting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place at Blooms-End?
2. What conversations lead to Clym learning about the day of his mother's death?
3. Why do Mrs. Yeobright and Eustacia exchange angry words?
4. Why does Clym not attend the wedding?
5. Why is Mrs. Yeobright never let in the house?
6. What intrigues Thomasin about Diggory?
7. Why is Clym concerned that Thomasin is falling in love with him?
8. Why does Clym write a letter to Eustacia?
9. What takes place near Thomasin's house?
10. What does Thomasin learn from Rachel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eustacia is a very beautiful woman.
Part 1) Describe the relationship Eustacia has with men.
Part 2) What do the women think of Eustacia?
Part 3) How does her beauty affect her as a person and have a hand in her demise?
Essay Topic 2
The author's approach to revealing each character is unique.
Part 1) How?
Part 2) Do the characters seem real or contrived? Why?
Part 3) How do these characters compare to other Victorian literary figures?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What are possible reasons for her fall into the water.
Part 2) Which reason do you find to be most likely? Why?
Part 3) How does her death affect the other characters?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)