Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years later is it when Diggory Venn comes to visit?
2. When are Eustacia and Wildeve's feeling rekindled?
3. Why is Thomasin now attracted to Diggory?
4. Why does Eustacia not read Clym's letter?
5. Why does Charley hide Captain Vye's pistols?
Essay Topic 1
The heath is described almost like a character.
Part 1) Describe Egdon Heath.
Part 2) Which characters resemble the heath? How?
Part 3) Which characters are very different from the heath? How?
Essay Topic 2
Thomasin has many virtues.
Part 1) What is a virtue?
Part 2) Give examples of her virtues.
Part 3) Does Thomasin impress as a heroine? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The ending for the protagonist is bittersweet.
Part 1) How?
Part 2) Why does the author end the book in this way?
Part 3) How do you feel about the ending? Would you rather see it end another way? Why or why not?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)