|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Mrs. Yeobright cross the heath?
2. About what does Diggory do when he talks to Mrs. Yeobright?
3. How many years later is it when Diggory Venn comes to visit?
4. What is the date of the bonfire?
5. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money?
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of the novel, Damon Wildeve is unsure about his feelings towards both Eustacia and Thomasin.
Part 1) What does this say about his character?
Part 2) What does this foreshadow?
Part 3) What role does he play in the novel? What is his purpose?
Essay Topic 2
The only two people to reach a happy conclusion are Diggory and Thomasin.
Part 1) How are they happy?
Part 2) Why are they the only two who are truly happy?
Part 3) What message does this send to the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What are possible reasons for her fall into the water.
Part 2) Which reason do you find to be most likely? Why?
Part 3) How does her death affect the other characters?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)