Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years later is it when Diggory Venn comes to visit?
2. When are Eustacia and Wildeve's feeling rekindled?
3. Why is Thomasin now attracted to Diggory?
4. Why does Eustacia not read Clym's letter?
5. Why does Charley hide Captain Vye's pistols?
Essay Topic 1
Thomasin has many virtues.
Part 1) What is a virtue?
Part 2) Give examples of her virtues.
Part 3) Does Thomasin impress as a heroine? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The author's approach to revealing each character is unique.
Part 1) How?
Part 2) Do the characters seem real or contrived? Why?
Part 3) How do these characters compare to other Victorian literary figures?
Essay Topic 3
The heath is described almost like a character.
Part 1) Describe Egdon Heath.
Part 2) Which characters resemble the heath? How?
Part 3) Which characters are very different from the heath? How?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)