Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this expected of him?
2. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
3. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
4. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
5. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Thomasin and Clym live in the same home but lead separate lives?
2. Are these two still lovers?
3. Why does Thomasin go to see Mrs. Yeobright?
4. How does Eustacia react when Clym confronts her?
5. Why is Mrs. Yeobright never let in the house?
6. Why does Thomasin want the wedding to go ahead under any circumstances?
7. What intrigues Thomasin about Diggory?
8. How do Clym and Eustacia finally meet?
9. How does Thomasin end up in Diggory Venn's wagon?
10. Why does Mrs. Yeobright have a difficult time getting to Clym's home?
Essay Topic 1
The ending for the protagonist is bittersweet.
Part 1) How?
Part 2) Why does the author end the book in this way?
Part 3) How do you feel about the ending? Would you rather see it end another way? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Clym returns home from Paris.
Part 1) Why does he return home to Egdon Heath?
Part 2) What are his goals?
Part 3) By the end of the novel, has Clym achieved his goals? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The heath is described almost like a character.
Part 1) Describe Egdon Heath.
Part 2) Which characters resemble the heath? How?
Part 3) Which characters are very different from the heath? How?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)