|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mrs. Yeobright when she hears the news about Clym and Eustacia?
2. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
3. How does Clym perceive her?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
5. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Are these two still lovers?
2. How is Eustacia's performance in the play?
3. Describe Eustacia Vye.
4. Why does Thomasin go to see Mrs. Yeobright?
5. How do Clym and Eustacia finally meet?
6. Why does Mrs. Yeobright not give Damon Thomasin's inheritance?
7. Why does Mrs. Yeobright give Christian an extra fifty guineas?
8. Why does Susan Nonsuch stab Eustacia?
9. Why is Mrs. Yeobright stunned by Clym's news?
10. Why does Mrs. Yeobright not approve of Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eustacia is a very beautiful woman.
Part 1) Describe the relationship Eustacia has with men.
Part 2) What do the women think of Eustacia?
Part 3) How does her beauty affect her as a person and have a hand in her demise?
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the novel, Damon Wildeve is unsure about his feelings towards both Eustacia and Thomasin.
Part 1) What does this say about his character?
Part 2) What does this foreshadow?
Part 3) What role does he play in the novel? What is his purpose?
Essay Topic 3
Clym returns home from Paris.
Part 1) Why does he return home to Egdon Heath?
Part 2) What are his goals?
Part 3) By the end of the novel, has Clym achieved his goals? Why or why not?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)