Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this expected of him?
2. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
3. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
4. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
5. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Thomasin and Clym live in the same home but lead separate lives?
2. Are these two still lovers?
3. Why does Thomasin go to see Mrs. Yeobright?
4. How does Eustacia react when Clym confronts her?
5. Why is Mrs. Yeobright never let in the house?
6. Why does Thomasin want the wedding to go ahead under any circumstances?
7. What intrigues Thomasin about Diggory?
8. How do Clym and Eustacia finally meet?
9. How does Thomasin end up in Diggory Venn's wagon?
10. Why does Mrs. Yeobright have a difficult time getting to Clym's home?
Thomasin has many virtues.
Part 1) What is a virtue?
Part 2) Give examples of her virtues.
Part 3) Does Thomasin impress as a heroine? Why or why not?
Eustacia wants to escape the heath.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) How does she plan on escaping?
Part 3) Do her plans work? Why or why not? How could she have handled this situation differently?
The presentation of the character of Diggory Venn is full of ambiguity.
Part 1) What does it mean to be ambiguous?
Part 2) How is this character ambiguous?
Part 3) How does this ambiguity affect the reader's view of him? Does he grow less or more ambiguous throughout the novel? Does he stay the same?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)