Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this expected of him?
2. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
3. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
4. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
5. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Thomasin and Clym live in the same home but lead separate lives?
2. Are these two still lovers?
3. Why does Thomasin go to see Mrs. Yeobright?
4. How does Eustacia react when Clym confronts her?
5. Why is Mrs. Yeobright never let in the house?
6. Why does Thomasin want the wedding to go ahead under any circumstances?
7. What intrigues Thomasin about Diggory?
8. How do Clym and Eustacia finally meet?
9. How does Thomasin end up in Diggory Venn's wagon?
10. Why does Mrs. Yeobright have a difficult time getting to Clym's home?
Essay Topic 1
The transformation of the odd reddleman into a desirable husband seems a little forced.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What is the reason for this change in the character?
Part 3) How does the author feel about the changes? How do you feel about the changes?
Essay Topic 2
The narrator is omniscient throughout most of the novel.
Part 1) What does omniscient mean?
Part 2) How is it helpful that the narrator is omniscient?
Part 3) What is the author's purpose in making the narrator omniscient?
Essay Topic 3
Eustacia wants to escape the heath.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) How does she plan on escaping?
Part 3) Do her plans work? Why or why not? How could she have handled this situation differently?
This section contains 1,382 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)