|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
(a) It does not run deep.
(b) She will love him forever.
(c) It is very strong.
(d) She does not love him at all.
2. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
(a) She wants to be the center of attention.
(b) So she may see Clym.
(c) She loves to act.
(d) It is her favorite play.
3. Why are Wildeve's passions for Eustacia renewed?
(a) He no longer loves Thomasin.
(b) She belongs to another.
(c) She has grown more beautiful.
(d) She agrees to meet with him secretly.
4. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
5. Why is this expected of him?
(a) Everyone settles down at Egdon Heath.
(b) His mother wants grandchildren.
(c) He is not intelligent.
(d) His physical beauty and many advantages in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
2. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
3. What is Eustacia doing?
4. Why does Clym spend many hours reading?
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright reveal to Thomasin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might be a reason for Mrs. Yeobright keeping the name of the other suitor from Thomasin?
2. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money she sent him on his wedding day?
3. What happens to Clym's letter?
4. Why does Mrs. Yeobright not give Damon Thomasin's inheritance?
5. Describe furze-cutting.
6. Why do Thomasin and Clym live in the same home but lead separate lives?
7. How does Johnny Nonsuch help Eustacia?
8. What happens in the water in the dam?
9. Why is Mrs. Yeobright stunned by Clym's news?
10. What has happened to Mrs. Yeobright?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)