|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
(a) So she may see Clym.
(b) It is her favorite play.
(c) She wants to be the center of attention.
(d) She loves to act.
2. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
(a) She steals her cousin's money to pay for the wedding.
(b) She wishes to preserve the dignity of her family at all costs.
(c) She loves Damon and wants to marry him as soon as possible.
(d) She knows her cousin does not approve of Damon.
3. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A lone pine tree.
(c) A small cottage.
(d) A lone female figure.
4. Why is Thomasin having a difficult time?
(a) She does not love her husband.
(b) Her husband will not give her any spending money.
(c) She does not like Eustacia.
(d) She worries about Clym.
5. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
(a) His cousin, Thomasin, is jilted on her wedding day.
(b) Thomasin is secretly in love with Diggory.
(c) Thomasin has married Damon.
(d) Thomasin has taken his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the marriage not take place?
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
3. For what does the boy ask in exchange?
4. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
5. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Clym's goal?
2. What does Eustacia do to see Clym?
3. Why is Mrs. Yeobright stunned by Clym's news?
4. Why does Mrs. Yeobright not approve of Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
5. How is Eustacia's performance in the play?
6. Who is Clym Yeobright?
7. Are these two still lovers?
8. Why does Charley allow Eustacia to take his role in the play?
9. What does Clym want to do after he and Esutacia marry?
10. Why does Thomasin go to see Mrs. Yeobright?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)