|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Christian gambling?
(a) His life.
(b) Ownership of the inn.
(c) A piece of cake.
(d) A piece of cloth.
2. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
(b) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
(c) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
(d) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
3. What does the gossiping group mention?
(a) That the aunt and guardian does not approve of the union.
(b) The furze-cutting business.
(c) The beautiful white moon.
(d) The beautiful Eustacia.
4. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
(a) She knows she will never find another man.
(b) She is in love with Clym.
(c) She is sure Clym will take her to Paris.
(d) She wants to get married.
5. Where does "The Return of the Native" take place?
(a) Edgon Heath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is expected of Clym?
2. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
3. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
4. Why does Damon say he is confused?
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Yeobright not give Damon Thomasin's inheritance?
2. Who is Clym Yeobright?
3. Are these two still lovers?
4. What is Venn doing at the beginning of Chapter Two?
5. What is Clym's goal?
6. What are the locals building?
7. How is Eustacia's performance in the play?
8. Why does Eustacia love Clym?
9. Why does Mrs. Yeobright give Christian an extra fifty guineas?
10. Of all the romance in this story, which one seems to be most true? Why?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)