|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
(a) He is not as attractive as she remembered.
(b) He is noticing her.
(c) He is handsome, but something about him is not entirely at ease.
(d) He is smiling and energetic.
2. Why does Clym join the group to help get the bucket out of Eustacia's well?
(a) He wants to meet her grandfather.
(b) He wants to feel needed.
(c) He wants to be helpful.
(d) He wants to see her.
3. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
(a) Supposedly by coincidence.
(b) She tries to stop the wedding.
(c) She is Thomasin's maid of honor.
(d) To serve as a witness.
4. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
(a) He has lost the money in the creek.
(b) Damon wins the money.
(c) He is late to the wedding.
(d) He is lost.
5. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
(a) Wildeve wants Eustacia to confess her love for him.
(b) Eustacia wants Wildeve to confess that he loves her more than his fiancee.
(c) They both want to purchase the same home.
(d) They have been enemies their entire lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
2. What is the "article" Wildeve comes to collect from Mrs. Yeobright?
3. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
4. Where does Clym want to move when he becomes a teacher?
5. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eustacia Vye.
2. How does Thomasin end up in Diggory Venn's wagon?
3. How do Clym and Eustacia finally meet?
4. Why does Mrs. Yeobright not give Damon Thomasin's inheritance?
5. How does Diggory Venn feel about Thomasin?
6. Why might be a reason for Mrs. Yeobright keeping the name of the other suitor from Thomasin?
7. Why is Mrs. Yeobright stunned by Clym's news?
8. How does Eustacia feel after her contact with Clym?
9. Why does Charley allow Eustacia to take his role in the play?
10. What does Damon say to Diggory after reading Eustacia's letter?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)