|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the location introduced?
(a) Very vaguely.
(b) As a small village in Italy.
(c) As almost a character itself.
(d) As a beautiful tourist hideaway.
2. What does the gossiping group mention?
(a) That the aunt and guardian does not approve of the union.
(b) The furze-cutting business.
(c) The beautiful white moon.
(d) The beautiful Eustacia.
3. Why is Thomasin having a difficult time?
(a) She does not love her husband.
(b) She worries about Clym.
(c) Her husband will not give her any spending money.
(d) She does not like Eustacia.
4. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
(a) Thomasin has married Damon.
(b) Thomasin has taken his money.
(c) Thomasin is secretly in love with Diggory.
(d) His cousin, Thomasin, is jilted on her wedding day.
5. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
(a) To try to run into Clym.
(b) She loves to exercise.
(c) She hopes to run into Thomasin.
(d) She enjoys being outdoors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this expected of him?
2. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
3. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
4. What is to have taken place that day?
5. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Egdon Heath.
2. Of all the romance in this story, which one seems to be most true? Why?
3. Who is Clym Yeobright?
4. Why does Thomasin go to see Mrs. Yeobright?
5. How do Clym and Eustacia finally meet?
6. How does Diggory Venn feel about Thomasin?
7. Why does Charley allow Eustacia to take his role in the play?
8. What is the lovers' signal? Who are the lovers?
9. What is Clym's goal?
10. How does Johnny Nonsuch help Eustacia?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)