|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
(a) He is in love with Thomasin.
(b) He is unattractive.
(c) He is not leaving the heath.
(d) She views him as someone else's second best.
2. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
(a) To offer a song to the newlyweds.
(b) To have a party.
(c) To speak with her about her new husband.
(d) To annoy the newlyweds.
3. What is Rainbarrow?
(a) The highest point in the heath.
(b) The name of the inn.
(c) The town.
(d) Thomasin's last name.
4. Who is Christian Cantle?
(a) Thomasin's cousin.
(b) A groomsman at the wedding.
(c) The pastor.
(d) A rather dim boy.
5. For what is Christian gambling?
(a) A piece of cake.
(b) Ownership of the inn.
(c) A piece of cloth.
(d) His life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
2. How is the location introduced?
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
4. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
5. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the locals building?
2. Why might be a reason for Mrs. Yeobright keeping the name of the other suitor from Thomasin?
3. Describe Egdon Heath.
4. Are these two still lovers?
5. Why does Susan Nonsuch stab Eustacia?
6. Why does Thomasin want the wedding to go ahead under any circumstances?
7. Why does Mrs. Yeobright give Christian an extra fifty guineas?
8. How does Eustacia feel after her contact with Clym?
9. Why does Mrs. Yeobright not approve of Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
10. How do Clym and Eustacia finally meet?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)