|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this expected of him?
(a) He is not intelligent.
(b) Everyone settles down at Egdon Heath.
(c) His physical beauty and many advantages in life.
(d) His mother wants grandchildren.
2. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
(a) The different location of the marriage license.
(b) The new priest performing the ceremony.
(c) The lack of Mrs. Yeobright's approval.
(d) The loss of the rings for the marriage.
3. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
(a) His home.
(b) The woods.
(c) The inn.
4. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
(a) Tell Clym she is available.
(b) Lend her his disguise.
(c) Hold her hand.
(d) Sit by her at the play.
5. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
(a) How much she misses him.
(b) Her lost inheritance.
(c) Her uncertain marriage to Wildeve.
(d) Her move to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clym's mother react when he tells her about his plans?
2. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
3. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
4. Why is Damon irritated?
5. What is a mummery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Thomasin and Clym live in the same home but lead separate lives?
2. Are these two still lovers?
3. Why does Thomasin go to see Mrs. Yeobright?
4. How does Eustacia react when Clym confronts her?
5. Why is Mrs. Yeobright never let in the house?
6. Why does Thomasin want the wedding to go ahead under any circumstances?
7. What intrigues Thomasin about Diggory?
8. How do Clym and Eustacia finally meet?
9. How does Thomasin end up in Diggory Venn's wagon?
10. Why does Mrs. Yeobright have a difficult time getting to Clym's home?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)