|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
(b) His home.
(c) The woods.
(d) The inn.
2. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
(a) She visits frequently and brings fresh biscuits and jam.
(b) She turns down his marriage proposal in a kind letter, trying not to hurt his feelings.
(c) She accepts his marriage proposal, although she does not love him.
(d) She tutors him while they in school and stands up for him when he is teased.
3. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
(a) She hopes that even when he is married, he will secretly meet her.
(b) She wants to marry him.
(c) She is no longer willing to continue their secret meetings.
(d) She hates Damon and hopes he marries Thomasin.
4. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He is embarrassed for her.
(c) He considers her a friend.
(d) He is a kind man.
5. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
(b) Clym is in the play.
(c) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
(d) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clym do one night while he and Eustacia are watching an eclipse?
2. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
3. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
4. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
5. What do others do when they recognize it is Eustacia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eustacia Vye.
2. Why does Susan Nonsuch stab Eustacia?
3. How does Christian lose the money?
4. Why does Mrs. Yeobright not approve of Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
5. Why might be a reason for Mrs. Yeobright keeping the name of the other suitor from Thomasin?
6. Why does Thomasin go to see Mrs. Yeobright?
7. Why does Eustacia love Clym?
8. Why does Thomasin want the wedding to go ahead under any circumstances?
9. How is Eustacia's performance in the play?
10. How do Clym and Eustacia finally meet?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)