|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
(a) A small ceremony performed at home.
(b) The smallest of ceremonies with no attendant.
(c) A traditional ceremony with the town in attendance.
(d) A large ceremony with many brides maids.
2. Why does Diggory hide?
(a) To avoid speaking to little Johnny.
(b) To listen to Eustacia and Wildeve's conversation.
(c) He does not want Thomasin to catch him.
(d) He hears a caravan going by.
3. Where is Mrs. Yeobright when she hears the news about Clym and Eustacia?
(a) In the garden.
(b) At home.
(c) The inn.
(d) At Olly's home.
4. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
(a) Damon wins the money.
(b) He has lost the money in the creek.
(c) He is lost.
(d) He is late to the wedding.
5. What has Susan Nonsuch done to Eustacia?
(a) Shot her in the side.
(b) Stabbed her in the side with a needle.
(c) Burned her home down.
(d) Blackmailed her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
2. Why does Mrs. Yeobright say Clym is no longer allowed in her house?
3. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
4. About what does Eustacia have reservations?
5. What does Clym do one night while he and Eustacia are watching an eclipse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Clym Yeobright?
2. How does Thomasin end up in Diggory Venn's wagon?
3. Describe furze-cutting.
4. How does Christian lose the money?
5. Why does Mrs. Yeobright give Christian an extra fifty guineas?
6. What is Clym's goal?
7. How does Johnny Nonsuch help Eustacia?
8. How do Clym and Eustacia finally meet?
9. How does Diggory Venn feel about Thomasin?
10. Why does Eustacia love Clym?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)