|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright give Christian?
(a) A note for Clym.
(b) A letter stating she approves of the marriage.
(c) An apology letter for Eustacia.
(d) Thomasin's inheritance and fifty guineas for Clym.
2. Why does Eustacia worry about Clym falling in love with Thomasin?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is kind.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They live in the same house.
3. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
(b) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
(c) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
(d) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
4. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
(a) She wants to get married.
(b) She is sure Clym will take her to Paris.
(c) She knows she will never find another man.
(d) She is in love with Clym.
5. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
(a) A small cottage.
(b) A lone female figure.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A lone pine tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
2. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
3. What is to have taken place that day?
4. Why is Diggory disappointed?
5. Where is Mrs. Yeobright when she hears the news about Clym and Eustacia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Susan Nonsuch stab Eustacia?
2. Why does Mrs. Yeobright give Christian an extra fifty guineas?
3. Are these two still lovers?
4. Describe furze-cutting.
5. Why does Eustacia love Clym?
6. How is Eustacia's performance in the play?
7. How does Thomasin end up in Diggory Venn's wagon?
8. What is Clym's goal?
9. Describe Egdon Heath.
10. Why does Thomasin want the wedding to go ahead under any circumstances?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)