|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Thomasin having a difficult time?
(a) She does not like Eustacia.
(b) She does not love her husband.
(c) Her husband will not give her any spending money.
(d) She worries about Clym.
2. What is expected of Clym?
(a) Not much.
(b) To be a family man.
(c) Great things.
(d) To settle at Egdon Heath.
3. Why does Diggory hide?
(a) He does not want Thomasin to catch him.
(b) He hears a caravan going by.
(c) To listen to Eustacia and Wildeve's conversation.
(d) To avoid speaking to little Johnny.
4. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
(a) The new priest performing the ceremony.
(b) The lack of Mrs. Yeobright's approval.
(c) The loss of the rings for the marriage.
(d) The different location of the marriage license.
5. What is the "article" Wildeve comes to collect from Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Thomasin's inheritance.
(c) Baby clothes.
(d) Her clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Eustacia have reservations?
2. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
3. Why are Wildeve's passions for Eustacia renewed?
4. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
5. Who is Christian Cantle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eustacia love Clym?
2. Why does Mrs. Yeobright not approve of Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
3. Why does Mrs. Yeobright not give Damon Thomasin's inheritance?
4. How do Clym and Eustacia finally meet?
5. What does Damon say to Diggory after reading Eustacia's letter?
6. What does Clym want to do after he and Esutacia marry?
7. How does Diggory Venn feel about Thomasin?
8. How does Johnny Nonsuch help Eustacia?
9. What is Venn doing at the beginning of Chapter Two?
10. Why is Mrs. Yeobright stunned by Clym's news?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)