|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright refuse to do?
(a) Accept that Thomasin will be attending the wedding.
(b) Allow Clym to move out of her home.
(c) Attend Clym and Eustacia's wedding.
(d) Allow Clym to marry.
2. What are Humphrey and Sam?
3. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
(a) He is not feeling well.
(b) He hates Clym.
(c) He has to watch the inn.
(d) He is unsure how he would react to seeing her wed.
4. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
(a) Christian is encouraged by his good luck.
(b) Christian has poor luck.
(c) Damon is very intelligent.
(d) Christian is nervous.
5. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
(b) Clym is in the play.
(c) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
(d) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Christian Cantle?
2. What do some of the locals notice about Clym?
3. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
4. What is Rainbarrow?
5. Why does Eustacia worry about Clym falling in love with Thomasin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the locals making a mattress?
2. Why does Mrs. Yeobright not give Damon Thomasin's inheritance?
3. How does Charley care for Eustacia?
4. How does Eustacia feel after her contact with Clym?
5. Why is Thomasin worried about marrying Diggory? How is it resolved?
6. Why do Mrs. Yeobright and Eustacia exchange angry words?
7. How is Clym feeling after he learns of his wife's true feelings?
8. What is Venn doing at the beginning of Chapter Two?
9. How does Diggory Venn feel about Thomasin?
10. How does Clym feel about his new job?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)