|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) Clym is in the play.
(b) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
(c) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
(d) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
2. What is a reddleman?
(a) A saddle maker.
(b) A man who sells red dye to farmers.
(c) A boat maker.
(d) A man who makes revolvers.
3. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
(b) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
(c) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
(d) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
4. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
(a) A celebration in the town hall.
(d) Mrs. Yeobright's Christmas party.
5. Why does Clym join the group to help get the bucket out of Eustacia's well?
(a) He wants to see her.
(b) He wants to be helpful.
(c) He wants to meet her grandfather.
(d) He wants to feel needed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gossiping group mention?
2. Why does Mrs. Yeobright say Clym is no longer allowed in her house?
3. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
4. How does Clym perceive her?
5. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Eustacia's performance in the play?
2. What is Clym's goal?
3. What is Venn doing at the beginning of Chapter Two?
4. Are these two still lovers?
5. Why does Thomasin go to see Mrs. Yeobright?
6. Describe furze-cutting.
7. How do Clym and Eustacia finally meet?
8. What is the lovers' signal? Who are the lovers?
9. Why does Mrs. Yeobright not approve of Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
10. How does Thomasin end up in Diggory Venn's wagon?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)