|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
(a) He hates Clym.
(b) He is not feeling well.
(c) He is unsure how he would react to seeing her wed.
(d) He has to watch the inn.
2. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
(a) Christian has poor luck.
(b) Damon is very intelligent.
(c) Christian is nervous.
(d) Christian is encouraged by his good luck.
3. What is a mummery?
(a) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
(b) A female mummy.
(c) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
(d) A place where nuns live.
4. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) The Christmas party.
(d) Clym's arrival.
5. Why is this expected of him?
(a) His physical beauty and many advantages in life.
(b) Everyone settles down at Egdon Heath.
(c) He is not intelligent.
(d) His mother wants grandchildren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
2. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
3. Why are Wildeve's passions for Eustacia renewed?
4. Why is Damon irritated?
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Damon say to Diggory after reading Eustacia's letter?
2. Why might be a reason for Mrs. Yeobright keeping the name of the other suitor from Thomasin?
3. Of all the romance in this story, which one seems to be most true? Why?
4. How does Thomasin end up in Diggory Venn's wagon?
5. Describe Eustacia Vye.
6. Are these two still lovers?
7. Describe furze-cutting.
8. Why does Eustacia love Clym?
9. What does Clym want to do after he and Esutacia marry?
10. What is Venn doing at the beginning of Chapter Two?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)