|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eustacia doing?
(a) Visiting her uncle.
(b) Plowing the field.
(c) Looking through a telescope in the direction of the inn.
(d) Packing for a move to Paris.
2. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A wedding.
(c) An induction ceremony.
(d) A swimning event.
3. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
(a) The woods.
(b) His home.
(d) The inn.
4. Who is Christian Cantle?
(a) Thomasin's cousin.
(b) A rather dim boy.
(c) A groomsman at the wedding.
(d) The pastor.
5. Where does Clym want to move when he becomes a teacher?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Diggory disappointed?
2. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
3. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
4. What does the gossiping group mention?
5. For what is Christian gambling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the lovers' signal? Who are the lovers?
2. What are the locals building?
3. What is Venn doing at the beginning of Chapter Two?
4. What does Eustacia do to see Clym?
5. How does Johnny Nonsuch help Eustacia?
6. Are these two still lovers?
7. How does Christian lose the money?
8. Why does Thomasin go to see Mrs. Yeobright?
9. Describe Egdon Heath.
10. How does Diggory Venn feel about Thomasin?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)