|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
(a) He is handsome, but something about him is not entirely at ease.
(b) He is smiling and energetic.
(c) He is not as attractive as she remembered.
(d) He is noticing her.
2. For what is Christian gambling?
(a) A piece of cloth.
(b) A piece of cake.
(c) Ownership of the inn.
(d) His life.
3. Why does Clym spend many hours reading?
(a) He loves to read.
(b) He is studying to become a teacher.
(c) He has nothing better to do.
(d) He is still learning to read.
4. What do others do when they recognize it is Eustacia?
(a) They call for the director.
(b) They tell the audience.
(c) They pull her off the stage.
(d) They do not give away her secret.
5. Where does Clym want to move when he becomes a teacher?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
2. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
3. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
4. For what does the boy ask in exchange?
5. How is the location introduced?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Yeobright stunned by Clym's news?
2. Of all the romance in this story, which one seems to be most true? Why?
3. What are the locals building?
4. How does Diggory Venn feel about Thomasin?
5. Why does Mrs. Yeobright not approve of Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
6. Describe Eustacia Vye.
7. Are these two still lovers?
8. Why does Thomasin want the wedding to go ahead under any circumstances?
9. Why does Charley allow Eustacia to take his role in the play?
10. Who is Clym Yeobright?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)