|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Yeobright say Clym is no longer allowed in her house?
(a) He is stealing from her.
(b) He has lied to her.
(c) He and Eustacia are getting married.
(d) He is not returning to Paris.
2. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
(a) The Christmas party.
(b) Her wedding.
(d) Clym's arrival.
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
(a) He will not be marrying Thomasin.
(b) Diggory will marry Thomasin.
(c) He has competition for Thomasin's hand.
(d) To marry Thomasin quickly.
4. Where does "The Return of the Native" take place?
(a) Edgon Heath.
5. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
(a) She tries to stop the wedding.
(b) Supposedly by coincidence.
(c) She is Thomasin's maid of honor.
(d) To serve as a witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
2. Why is Thomasin having a difficult time?
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright give Christian?
4. Why is Diggory disappointed?
5. What is Rainbarrow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thomasin end up in Diggory Venn's wagon?
2. What is the lovers' signal? Who are the lovers?
3. Who is Clym Yeobright?
4. How does Christian lose the money?
5. Describe Egdon Heath.
6. What does Clym want to do after he and Esutacia marry?
7. Why does Thomasin want the wedding to go ahead under any circumstances?
8. Why does Susan Nonsuch stab Eustacia?
9. How is Eustacia's performance in the play?
10. What are the locals building?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)