|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
2. Who is supervising the furze cutters' work?
(a) Damon Wildeve.
(b) Diggory Venn.
(c) Captain Vye.
(d) Eustacia Vye.
3. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
(a) She loves it.
(b) It is home.
(c) It is cute and quaint.
(d) She does not like it.
4. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
(c) Mrs. Yeobright's Christmas party.
(d) A celebration in the town hall.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright refuse to do?
(a) Attend Clym and Eustacia's wedding.
(b) Accept that Thomasin will be attending the wedding.
(c) Allow Clym to move out of her home.
(d) Allow Clym to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
2. What is a mummery?
3. Why is Diggory disappointed?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
5. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eustacia do to see Clym?
2. Why is Mrs. Yeobright stunned by Clym's news?
3. Why does Thomasin go to see Mrs. Yeobright?
4. How is Eustacia's performance in the play?
5. How does Thomasin end up in Diggory Venn's wagon?
6. How does Eustacia feel after her contact with Clym?
7. How does Christian lose the money?
8. Of all the romance in this story, which one seems to be most true? Why?
9. What does Clym want to do after he and Esutacia marry?
10. Who is Clym Yeobright?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)