|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
(a) The loss of the rings for the marriage.
(b) The lack of Mrs. Yeobright's approval.
(c) The different location of the marriage license.
(d) The new priest performing the ceremony.
2. What do others do when they recognize it is Eustacia?
(a) They do not give away her secret.
(b) They pull her off the stage.
(c) They tell the audience.
(d) They call for the director.
3. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
(a) She loves to exercise.
(b) To try to run into Clym.
(c) She enjoys being outdoors.
(d) She hopes to run into Thomasin.
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
(a) A new home.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A job.
(d) Her inheritance money.
5. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
(a) She celebrates.
(b) She fights with Damon.
(c) She becomes very agitated and runs away.
(d) She shrugs and walks home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
2. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
3. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
4. How is the location introduced?
5. What is to have taken place that day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Eustacia's performance in the play?
2. Why might be a reason for Mrs. Yeobright keeping the name of the other suitor from Thomasin?
3. Why does Eustacia love Clym?
4. What does Damon say to Diggory after reading Eustacia's letter?
5. Describe Egdon Heath.
6. What is Clym's goal?
7. What is the lovers' signal? Who are the lovers?
8. Describe furze-cutting.
9. Describe Eustacia Vye.
10. Are these two still lovers?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)