|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a reddleman?
(a) A man who sells red dye to farmers.
(b) A saddle maker.
(c) A man who makes revolvers.
(d) A boat maker.
2. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
(a) It is cute and quaint.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She does not like it.
(d) It is home.
3. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
(a) The lack of Mrs. Yeobright's approval.
(b) The different location of the marriage license.
(c) The loss of the rings for the marriage.
(d) The new priest performing the ceremony.
4. What is expected of Clym?
(a) Great things.
(b) To be a family man.
(c) To settle at Egdon Heath.
(d) Not much.
5. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
(a) She tries to stop the wedding.
(b) Supposedly by coincidence.
(c) She is Thomasin's maid of honor.
(d) To serve as a witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "article" Wildeve comes to collect from Mrs. Yeobright?
2. About what does Eustacia have reservations?
3. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
4. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
5. Who is supervising the furze cutters' work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Thomasin go to see Mrs. Yeobright?
2. How is Eustacia's performance in the play?
3. Why does Mrs. Yeobright not give Damon Thomasin's inheritance?
4. Why does Eustacia love Clym?
5. Why does Mrs. Yeobright not approve of Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
6. What is Clym's goal?
7. Why does Susan Nonsuch stab Eustacia?
8. Why might be a reason for Mrs. Yeobright keeping the name of the other suitor from Thomasin?
9. What is the lovers' signal? Who are the lovers?
10. How does Diggory Venn feel about Thomasin?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)