Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years later is it when Diggory Venn comes to visit?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Two years.
2. When are Eustacia and Wildeve's feeling rekindled?
(a) At the beverage table.
(b) While watching others dance.
(c) On the walk home after the dance.
(d) As they dance.
3. Why is Thomasin now attracted to Diggory?
(a) Her true love is dead.
(b) He is no longer stained red.
(c) She realizes she always loved him.
(d) He has grown nicer over the years.
4. Why does Eustacia not read Clym's letter?
(a) She does not want to hear from him.
(b) The letter falls on the floor, and she does not see it.
(c) Captain Vye hides it.
(d) It arrives after she is already in bed.
5. Why does Charley hide Captain Vye's pistols?
(a) The pistols are dangerous.
(b) He is afraid Captain Vye will commit suicide.
(c) He wants the pistols for himself.
(d) He is afraid Eustacia will commit suicide.
6. Why is Diggory's skin no longer red?
(a) He has left the reddleman business.
(b) The red dye no longer stains.
(c) He has found a strong soap.
(d) The dye is now clear.
7. Where is Clym waiting?
(a) Outside the Vye home.
(b) At the inn.
(c) At Blooms-End.
(d) At his home.
8. What has Eustacia forgotten in her rush?
(b) The letter from her husband.
(c) Her bag.
(d) To say goodbye to her grandfather.
9. What does Thomasin do during the dance?
(a) Dances with Clym.
(b) Swings around the maypole.
(c) Watch from her window.
(d) Dances with Diggory.
10. How does Eustacia tell Damon she is ready to leave?
(a) She is gives him the signal.
(b) She cries out to him.
(c) She calls him.
(d) She goes to meet him at the inn.
11. Who survives?
(a) Eustacia and Damon.
(b) Clym and Damon.
(c) Clym and Diggory.
(d) Eustacia and Diggory.
12. How is Thomasin when Diggory comes to visit?
(a) Still depressed.
(b) More cheerful.
13. Which characters reach a happy conclusion?
(a) Those that have passed away.
(b) None of them.
(c) Only Clym.
(d) The two most selfless.
14. What does Clym do with his new career?
(a) Educate young children.
(b) Lecture about moral matters.
(c) Move to Rome.
(d) Manage the town.
15. Why does Clym blame Eustacia completely for his mother's death?
(a) It was her fault.
(b) He hates Eustacia.
(c) He was asleep at the time his mother arrived.
(d) He is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clym become?
2. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
3. Where does Eustacia allow herself to go?
4. Who is the furze-cutter Mrs. Yeobright sees?
5. What is significant about the bonfire night?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)