|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the newlyweds go?
(a) To Paris.
(b) Back to Diggory's home.
(c) To Rainbarrow.
(d) To Blooms-End.
2. What career change has Diggory made?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a businessman in London.
(c) He is now a dairy farmer.
(d) He is a physician.
3. What does Diggory deduce?
(a) The man he sees with Eustacia is Wildeve.
(b) Eustacia is still in love with Clym.
(c) Thomasin misses her husband.
(d) Eustacia is unhappy.
4. How does Charley try to lift Eustacia's spirits?
(a) By requesting Damon to come visit.
(b) By holding her hand.
(c) By bringing her husband over to apologize.
(d) By building her a bonfire.
5. What is the date of the bonfire?
(a) October 31.
(b) November 5.
(c) December 5.
(d) November 31.
6. Why is Clym unable to continue his studies temporarily?
(a) He must find a job.
(b) He does not have the money to buy more books.
(c) Eustacia is threatening to leave.
(d) The poor light he has been reading in is affecting his eyesight.
7. How does Clym react when he realizes Eustacia is to blame for his mother's death?
(a) He is disappointed.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is enraged.
(d) He is depressed.
8. What has Eustacia forgotten in her rush?
(a) The letter from her husband.
(b) To say goodbye to her grandfather.
(d) Her bag.
9. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
(a) He moves back to Paris.
(b) He works as a reddleman.
(c) He becomes a furze-cutter.
(d) He leaves Eustacia.
10. What does Thomasin name her baby girl?
(a) Eustacia Clementine.
(b) Eustacia Mae.
(c) Damonia Thomasin.
(d) Clymeria Eustacia.
11. Where does Eustacia allow herself to go?
(a) To Paris on her own.
(b) Back to her grandfather's home.
(c) The local outdoor dance.
(d) To Mrs. Yeobright for advice.
12. Who took care of Eustacia in her final days?
(b) Captain Vye.
13. How is Thomasin when Diggory comes to visit?
(a) More cheerful.
(d) Still depressed.
14. Who arrives at Blooms-End?
15. Why does Wildeve withdraw from Eustacia?
(a) He is not interested in her.
(b) He is in danger.
(c) To try to avoid detection.
(d) He is feeling guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clym do with his new career?
2. Why does Clym ask Thomasin to marry him?
3. Why must Mrs. Yeobright cross the heath?
4. What plan do Eustacia and Wildeve concoct?
5. What is happening to Eustacia?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)