|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What career change has Diggory made?
(a) He is a businessman in London.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is now a dairy farmer.
(d) He is a physician.
2. Who does Eustacia encounter?
3. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
(a) Diggory Venn and Clym.
(b) Thomasin and Mrs. Yeobright.
(c) Sam and Humphrey.
(d) Susan and Johnny Nonsuch.
4. How does Thomasin surprise Clym?
(a) She asks if it would be proper for her to marry Diggory.
(b) She tells him she does not love him.
(c) She says she is moving to Paris.
(d) She asks him to marry her first.
5. Who arrives at Blooms-End?
6. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money?
(a) He is ungrateful.
(b) He never receives it.
(c) It is not enough money.
(d) He does not realize it is from her.
7. Where does Eustacia allow herself to go?
(a) To Mrs. Yeobright for advice.
(b) The local outdoor dance.
(c) To Paris on her own.
(d) Back to her grandfather's home.
8. Why does Eustacia not read Clym's letter?
(a) Captain Vye hides it.
(b) She does not want to hear from him.
(c) It arrives after she is already in bed.
(d) The letter falls on the floor, and she does not see it.
9. Why does Wildeve withdraw from Eustacia?
(a) He is feeling guilty.
(b) He is in danger.
(c) He is not interested in her.
(d) To try to avoid detection.
10. Why has the passion between Clym and Eustacia faded?
(a) She no longer finds him attractive.
(b) They do not have the same goals.
(c) Clym is in love with someone else.
(d) They are married.
11. How does Clym react when he realizes Eustacia is to blame for his mother's death?
(a) He is disappointed.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is enraged.
12. What does Thomasin name her baby girl?
(a) Damonia Thomasin.
(b) Eustacia Clementine.
(c) Clymeria Eustacia.
(d) Eustacia Mae.
13. On what are the locals working?
(a) A store.
(b) A mattress.
(c) A maypole.
(d) A farm.
14. How does Diggory's change of occupation affect his relationship with Thomasin?
(a) She finds him less attractive.
(b) She is nervous around him.
(c) He is like a stranger to her.
(d) He is now a suitable match.
15. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
(a) With threats.
(b) With noises.
(c) With scary stories.
(d) With spooky lights.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are Eustacia and Wildeve's feeling rekindled?
2. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
3. Why does Clym not attend the wedding?
4. How does Diggory confirm his belief?
5. Where is Clym waiting?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)