|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clym not attend the wedding?
(a) He does not approve of the match.
(b) He is out of town.
(c) He does not feel well enough in spirits.
(d) He is in love with Thomasin.
2. How is Thomasin when Diggory comes to visit?
(b) More cheerful.
(c) Still depressed.
3. How is Eustacia feeling?
4. To what does Christian confess?
(a) Stealing the money.
(b) Losing the money gambling to Wildeve.
(c) Spending the money.
(d) Giving it all the Thomasin.
5. For whom does Mrs. Yeobright feel sorry?
6. Why is Clym unable to continue his studies temporarily?
(a) He does not have the money to buy more books.
(b) The poor light he has been reading in is affecting his eyesight.
(c) He must find a job.
(d) Eustacia is threatening to leave.
7. What does Clym become?
(a) A mayor.
(b) An itinerate preacher.
(c) A priest.
(d) A teacher.
8. Who took care of Eustacia in her final days?
(b) Captain Vye.
9. How does Diggory confirm his belief?
(a) He talks to Clym about his marriage.
(b) He asks Eustacia how she is feeling.
(c) He goes to Thomasin.
(d) He goes to the inn to see if Wildeve had been there.
10. Why is Diggory's skin no longer red?
(a) The red dye no longer stains.
(b) The dye is now clear.
(c) He has found a strong soap.
(d) He has left the reddleman business.
11. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
(a) With noises.
(b) With spooky lights.
(c) With scary stories.
(d) With threats.
12. How many years later is it when Diggory Venn comes to visit?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Seven years.
13. How does Mrs. Yeobright offend Eustacia.
(a) She believes Eustacia has Clym's money.
(b) She tells her she is an awful cook.
(c) She tells her she is a poor excuse for a wife.
(d) She believes Eustacia has a new lover.
14. Who arrives at Blooms-End?
15. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) She does not love Clym.
(b) Nothing could ever have stopped her from marrying Clym.
(c) She is in love with Damon.
(d) She would never have married Clym, if she had known he was staying in the heath.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is Eustacia referring when she says Damon is not a "great" enough man?
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright decide to do the next day?
3. Why does Eustacia not read Clym's letter?
4. Why are the locals working on this?
5. What does Thomasin wistfully ask Diggory?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)