|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Eustacia feeling?
2. Why does Mrs. Yeobright get tired?
(a) It is an arduous walk.
(b) She gets lost.
(c) She is not healthy.
(d) It is hot outside.
3. Where is Clym waiting?
(a) At the inn.
(b) Outside the Vye home.
(c) At his home.
(d) At Blooms-End.
4. What does Diggory deduce?
(a) Eustacia is unhappy.
(b) The man he sees with Eustacia is Wildeve.
(c) Thomasin misses her husband.
(d) Eustacia is still in love with Clym.
5. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
(a) He moves back to Paris.
(b) He leaves Eustacia.
(c) He becomes a furze-cutter.
(d) He works as a reddleman.
6. What does Diggory want to erect?
(a) A maypole.
(b) A town square.
(c) A home.
(d) A monument in Eustacia's honor.
7. How many years later is it when Diggory Venn comes to visit?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Two years.
8. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money?
(a) He never receives it.
(b) He is ungrateful.
(c) He does not realize it is from her.
(d) It is not enough money.
9. What career change has Diggory made?
(a) He is now a dairy farmer.
(b) He is a businessman in London.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a physician.
10. Who took care of Eustacia in her final days?
(d) Captain Vye.
11. For whom is Thomasin caretaking?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her nephew.
(c) Eustacia's grandfather.
(d) Her daughter.
12. Who does Clym find waiting?
(d) Captain Vye.
13. How does Clym react when he realizes Eustacia is to blame for his mother's death?
(a) He is enraged.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is disappointed.
14. Why is Clym singing?
(a) He has found a job as a singing telegram.
(b) He is content with working as a furze-cutter.
(c) He loves to sing.
(d) It is Eustacia's favorite song.
15. Where does Eustacia allow herself to go?
(a) To Paris on her own.
(b) To Mrs. Yeobright for advice.
(c) Back to her grandfather's home.
(d) The local outdoor dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the locals working on this?
2. How does Diggory's change of occupation affect his relationship with Thomasin?
3. About what is Clym concerned?
4. Who arrives to help?
5. What does Clym give of Eustacia's?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)