|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diggory deduce?
(a) Eustacia is unhappy.
(b) The man he sees with Eustacia is Wildeve.
(c) Thomasin misses her husband.
(d) Eustacia is still in love with Clym.
2. What does Thomasin name her baby girl?
(a) Eustacia Mae.
(b) Clymeria Eustacia.
(c) Eustacia Clementine.
(d) Damonia Thomasin.
3. How does Mrs. Yeobright offend Eustacia.
(a) She believes Eustacia has a new lover.
(b) She believes Eustacia has Clym's money.
(c) She tells her she is an awful cook.
(d) She tells her she is a poor excuse for a wife.
4. Where is Clym waiting?
(a) Outside the Vye home.
(b) At Blooms-End.
(c) At the inn.
(d) At his home.
5. Why does Eustacia not read Clym's letter?
(a) The letter falls on the floor, and she does not see it.
(b) Captain Vye hides it.
(c) It arrives after she is already in bed.
(d) She does not want to hear from him.
6. How does Clym react to the news about Eustacia?
(a) He sits down and cries.
(b) He goes to his room and slams the door shut.
(c) He goes after her.
(d) He goes home and tries to forget all about her.
7. Who does Clym find waiting?
(d) Captain Vye.
8. How do Thomasin and Clym live their lives in Blooms-End?
(a) They become married.
(b) Happily together.
(c) In mourning together.
(d) Together but separate.
9. How is Eustacia feeling?
10. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
(a) He works as a reddleman.
(b) He becomes a furze-cutter.
(c) He moves back to Paris.
(d) He leaves Eustacia.
11. How does Eustacia tell Damon she is ready to leave?
(a) She goes to meet him at the inn.
(b) She is gives him the signal.
(c) She calls him.
(d) She cries out to him.
12. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) She would never have married Clym, if she had known he was staying in the heath.
(b) She is in love with Damon.
(c) Nothing could ever have stopped her from marrying Clym.
(d) She does not love Clym.
13. How does Clym react when he realizes Eustacia is to blame for his mother's death?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is enraged.
(c) He is disappointed.
(d) He is shocked.
14. Where does Clym go?
(a) Towards Eustacia's home.
(b) To his home.
(c) Back to Paris.
(d) To Blooms-End.
15. Why is Clym hesitant about Thomasin's question?
(a) He is not sure Diggory loves Thomasin.
(b) He is in love with Thomasin.
(c) He does not want to see Thomasin leave the heath.
(d) His mother did not approve of Diggory as a match.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Clym unable to continue his studies temporarily?
2. To what does Christian confess?
3. Who took care of Eustacia in her final days?
4. How many years later is it when Diggory Venn comes to visit?
5. Who arrives at Blooms-End?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)