|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Eustacia at midnight?
(a) On her way to meet Damon.
(b) Crying under the moonlight.
(c) Asleep in her bed.
(d) On her way to see her husband.
2. Why is Clym hesitant about Thomasin's question?
(a) He is not sure Diggory loves Thomasin.
(b) His mother did not approve of Diggory as a match.
(c) He is in love with Thomasin.
(d) He does not want to see Thomasin leave the heath.
3. About what is Clym concerned?
(a) That Thomasin is falling in love with Clym.
(b) That he is falling in love with Thomasin.
(c) That Diggory is not in love with Thomasin.
(d) That Thomasin will leave him.
4. For whom is Thomasin caretaking?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Eustacia's grandfather.
(d) Her nephew.
5. How does Clym feel about his mother's death?
(a) Heartbroken and partly to blame.
(c) Sad and unsure about the future.
6. How does Diggory's change of occupation affect his relationship with Thomasin?
(a) She is nervous around him.
(b) He is like a stranger to her.
(c) He is now a suitable match.
(d) She finds him less attractive.
7. What does Thomasin learn from Rachel?
(a) Diggory is leaving in the morning.
(b) Diggory is building a home in town.
(c) Rachel borrowed Thomasin's gloves.
(d) Diggory is in love with Rachel.
8. What does Diggory want to erect?
(a) A home.
(b) A town square.
(c) A maypole.
(d) A monument in Eustacia's honor.
9. Why does Clym blame Eustacia completely for his mother's death?
(a) He was asleep at the time his mother arrived.
(b) He is angry.
(c) It was her fault.
(d) He hates Eustacia.
10. How many years later is it when Diggory Venn comes to visit?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Seven years.
11. How does Thomasin surprise Clym?
(a) She asks him to marry her first.
(b) She asks if it would be proper for her to marry Diggory.
(c) She tells him she does not love him.
(d) She says she is moving to Paris.
12. Why is Thomasin now attracted to Diggory?
(a) He is no longer stained red.
(b) Her true love is dead.
(c) He has grown nicer over the years.
(d) She realizes she always loved him.
13. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
(a) With spooky lights.
(b) With scary stories.
(c) With noises.
(d) With threats.
14. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
(a) Sam and Humphrey.
(b) Thomasin and Mrs. Yeobright.
(c) Diggory Venn and Clym.
(d) Susan and Johnny Nonsuch.
15. What does Thomasin name her baby girl?
(a) Damonia Thomasin.
(b) Eustacia Clementine.
(c) Clymeria Eustacia.
(d) Eustacia Mae.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomasin realize about Diggory?
2. How is Thomasin when Diggory comes to visit?
3. What is significant about the bonfire night?
4. What does Thomasin do during the dance?
5. What does Eustacia ask her grandfather?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)