|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomasin realize about Diggory?
(a) His tenderness is for her.
(b) He is in love with Rachel.
(c) He is moving to Paris.
(d) He is no longer interested in her.
2. About what does Diggory do when he talks to Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Forgiving Clym for the mistake he has made in marrying Eustacia.
(b) The benefits of forgiving Clym and accepting his marriage to Eustacia.
(c) Eustacia's infidelity.
(d) Clym's disintigrating marriage to Eustacia.
3. What does Damon do when Thomasin questions him about his whereabouts?
(a) He says nothing.
(b) He becomes shy
(c) He becomes agitated.
(d) He cries.
4. Who feels responsible for the entire tragedy?
5. How does Diggory confirm his belief?
(a) He goes to Thomasin.
(b) He asks Eustacia how she is feeling.
(c) He goes to the inn to see if Wildeve had been there.
(d) He talks to Clym about his marriage.
6. Who had visited Mrs. Yeobright the night before she died?
7. Meanwhile, what is Susan Nunsuch doing?
(a) Taking care of her sick son, Johnny.
(b) Flying on her broomstick.
(c) Spying the Vye household.
(d) Creating a voo doo doll of Eustacia.
8. What does Thomasin wistfully ask Diggory?
(a) If he knows a way to keep her husband home in the evenings.
(b) If he still loves her.
(c) What she should do about her husband.
(d) Why she married Damon.
9. Who does Clym find waiting?
(a) Captain Vye.
10. Who arrives to help?
(b) Captain Vye.
11. What does Eustacia ask her grandfather?
(a) If he will help her divorce Clym.
(b) If she may stay in her old room.
(c) If she and Clym may move in with him.
(d) If she may keep house for him.
12. Where is Eustacia at midnight?
(a) Crying under the moonlight.
(b) On her way to see her husband.
(c) On her way to meet Damon.
(d) Asleep in her bed.
13. How do Thomasin and Clym live their lives in Blooms-End?
(a) In mourning together.
(b) Happily together.
(c) They become married.
(d) Together but separate.
14. For whom does Mrs. Yeobright feel sorry?
15. Where is Clym waiting?
(a) Outside the Vye home.
(b) At his home.
(c) At the inn.
(d) At Blooms-End.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
2. Who does Clym find?
3. Why does Clym ask Thomasin to marry him?
4. What does Thomasin learn from Rachel?
5. Why does Clym not attend the wedding?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)