|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Clym concerned?
(a) That Thomasin will leave him.
(b) That he is falling in love with Thomasin.
(c) That Thomasin is falling in love with Clym.
(d) That Diggory is not in love with Thomasin.
2. What does Thomasin name her baby girl?
(a) Eustacia Mae.
(b) Eustacia Clementine.
(c) Damonia Thomasin.
(d) Clymeria Eustacia.
3. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) She is in love with Damon.
(b) Nothing could ever have stopped her from marrying Clym.
(c) She would never have married Clym, if she had known he was staying in the heath.
(d) She does not love Clym.
4. How is Thomasin when Diggory comes to visit?
(c) Still depressed.
(d) More cheerful.
5. What happens when Thomasin visits Clym?
(a) She gives him his portion of the inheritance.
(b) She tells him she loves him.
(c) She finds out Eustacia is leaving him.
(d) She says how much she detests Eustacia.
6. To what does Christian confess?
(a) Giving it all the Thomasin.
(b) Losing the money gambling to Wildeve.
(c) Spending the money.
(d) Stealing the money.
7. Why does Clym blame Eustacia completely for his mother's death?
(a) He hates Eustacia.
(b) It was her fault.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He was asleep at the time his mother arrived.
8. For whom is Thomasin caretaking?
(a) Her son.
(b) Eustacia's grandfather.
(c) Her nephew.
(d) Her daughter.
9. What does Mrs. Yeobright decide to do the next day?
(a) Go to Paris.
(b) Go to Diggory.
(c) Go to Clym.
(d) Go to Thomasin.
10. Who does Eustacia encounter?
11. How does she find some rest?
(a) In the inn.
(b) In the shade of a tree.
(c) By a stream.
(d) At a nearby cottage.
12. How does Mrs. Yeobright offend Eustacia.
(a) She believes Eustacia has a new lover.
(b) She tells her she is an awful cook.
(c) She tells her she is a poor excuse for a wife.
(d) She believes Eustacia has Clym's money.
13. What does Diggory want to erect?
(a) A maypole.
(b) A home.
(c) A monument in Eustacia's honor.
(d) A town square.
14. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
(a) With scary stories.
(b) With noises.
(c) With threats.
(d) With spooky lights.
15. What does Thomasin see Diggory tenderly pick up?
(a) A small bird.
(b) A ring.
(c) A glove.
(d) A flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters reach a happy conclusion?
2. Why is Diggory's skin no longer red?
3. Why does Clym not attend the wedding?
4. What is significant about the bonfire night?
5. Who survives?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)