|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomasin see Diggory tenderly pick up?
(a) A flower.
(b) A small bird.
(c) A ring.
(d) A glove.
2. What does Damon do when Thomasin questions him about his whereabouts?
(a) He says nothing.
(b) He cries.
(c) He becomes shy
(d) He becomes agitated.
3. Why does Mrs. Yeobright get tired?
(a) It is hot outside.
(b) It is an arduous walk.
(c) She gets lost.
(d) She is not healthy.
4. How does Thomasin surprise Clym?
(a) She tells him she does not love him.
(b) She asks him to marry her first.
(c) She says she is moving to Paris.
(d) She asks if it would be proper for her to marry Diggory.
5. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
(a) What passed between his mother and his wife.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) She is keeping his portion of the inheritance.
(d) She is having difficulties with her husband.
6. How does she find some rest?
(a) In the inn.
(b) In the shade of a tree.
(c) By a stream.
(d) At a nearby cottage.
7. In what is Thomasin intrigued?
(a) Whether he likes her or not.
(b) The purpose of the maypole.
(c) Why Diggory is in town.
(d) The identity of the girl that captured Diggory's heart.
8. Why is Thomasin now attracted to Diggory?
(a) He has grown nicer over the years.
(b) He is no longer stained red.
(c) She realizes she always loved him.
(d) Her true love is dead.
9. For whom does Mrs. Yeobright feel sorry?
10. About what is Clym concerned?
(a) That he is falling in love with Thomasin.
(b) That Diggory is not in love with Thomasin.
(c) That Thomasin will leave him.
(d) That Thomasin is falling in love with Clym.
11. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Nothing could ever have stopped her from marrying Clym.
(b) She is in love with Damon.
(c) She does not love Clym.
(d) She would never have married Clym, if she had known he was staying in the heath.
12. What does Diggory deduce?
(a) The man he sees with Eustacia is Wildeve.
(b) Eustacia is still in love with Clym.
(c) Eustacia is unhappy.
(d) Thomasin misses her husband.
13. Why does Clym blame Eustacia completely for his mother's death?
(a) He was asleep at the time his mother arrived.
(b) It was her fault.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He hates Eustacia.
14. Where do the newlyweds go?
(a) To Rainbarrow.
(b) Back to Diggory's home.
(c) To Blooms-End.
(d) To Paris.
15. What career change has Diggory made?
(a) He is a businessman in London.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is now a dairy farmer.
(d) He is a physician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eustacia allow herself to go?
2. What does Thomasin learn from Rachel?
3. To what is Eustacia referring when she says Damon is not a "great" enough man?
4. Why must Mrs. Yeobright cross the heath?
5. To what does Christian confess?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)