|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Mrs. Yeobright feel sorry?
2. What career change has Diggory made?
(a) He is now a dairy farmer.
(b) He is a businessman in London.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a physician.
3. Why does Clym ask Thomasin to marry him?
(a) It is what Eustacia would have wanted.
(b) Out of a sense of duty.
(c) Thomasin loves him.
(d) He is in love with her.
4. Why must Mrs. Yeobright cross the heath?
(a) To get to the inn.
(b) To get to Clym's home.
(c) To get to Thomasin's home.
(d) To get back to her home.
5. For whom is Thomasin caretaking?
(a) Her nephew.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Eustacia's grandfather.
(d) Her son.
6. How does Diggory confirm his belief?
(a) He goes to Thomasin.
(b) He talks to Clym about his marriage.
(c) He asks Eustacia how she is feeling.
(d) He goes to the inn to see if Wildeve had been there.
7. What does Mrs. Yeobright decide to do the next day?
(a) Go to Thomasin.
(b) Go to Paris.
(c) Go to Clym.
(d) Go to Diggory.
8. Why is Clym hesitant about Thomasin's question?
(a) His mother did not approve of Diggory as a match.
(b) He does not want to see Thomasin leave the heath.
(c) He is not sure Diggory loves Thomasin.
(d) He is in love with Thomasin.
9. In what is Thomasin intrigued?
(a) Whether he likes her or not.
(b) The identity of the girl that captured Diggory's heart.
(c) Why Diggory is in town.
(d) The purpose of the maypole.
10. How does Clym react to the news about Eustacia?
(a) He sits down and cries.
(b) He goes to his room and slams the door shut.
(c) He goes after her.
(d) He goes home and tries to forget all about her.
11. What does Clym admit to Thomasin?
(a) He is leaving for Paris.
(b) He is still in love with Eustacia.
(c) He no longer loves Eustacia.
(d) He loves Thomasin.
12. What does Clym do with his new career?
(a) Manage the town.
(b) Educate young children.
(c) Move to Rome.
(d) Lecture about moral matters.
13. What does Thomasin realize about Diggory?
(a) He is no longer interested in her.
(b) He is in love with Rachel.
(c) He is moving to Paris.
(d) His tenderness is for her.
14. Who had visited Mrs. Yeobright the night before she died?
15. Which characters reach a happy conclusion?
(a) Only Clym.
(b) None of them.
(c) Those that have passed away.
(d) The two most selfless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the bonfire night?
2. Who does Clym find?
3. How does Thomasin surprise Clym?
4. Why does Wildeve withdraw from Eustacia?
5. Where do the newlyweds go?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)