|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Diggory's skin no longer red?
(a) He has left the reddleman business.
(b) The red dye no longer stains.
(c) The dye is now clear.
(d) He has found a strong soap.
2. Why is Clym singing?
(a) He loves to sing.
(b) He is content with working as a furze-cutter.
(c) It is Eustacia's favorite song.
(d) He has found a job as a singing telegram.
3. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) She is in love with Damon.
(b) Nothing could ever have stopped her from marrying Clym.
(c) She does not love Clym.
(d) She would never have married Clym, if she had known he was staying in the heath.
4. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
(a) With noises.
(b) With scary stories.
(c) With spooky lights.
(d) With threats.
5. What does Thomasin wistfully ask Diggory?
(a) What she should do about her husband.
(b) Why she married Damon.
(c) If he knows a way to keep her husband home in the evenings.
(d) If he still loves her.
6. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
(a) He becomes a furze-cutter.
(b) He moves back to Paris.
(c) He works as a reddleman.
(d) He leaves Eustacia.
7. How does Clym realize what happened on the day of his mother's death?
(a) Venn tells him everything.
(b) Through several conversations.
(c) Christian Cantle tells him everything.
(d) Eustacia confesses.
8. What does Thomasin realize about Diggory?
(a) He is no longer interested in her.
(b) His tenderness is for her.
(c) He is in love with Rachel.
(d) He is moving to Paris.
9. How is Thomasin when Diggory comes to visit?
(a) More cheerful.
(c) Still depressed.
10. Who had visited Mrs. Yeobright the night before she died?
11. What does Diggory deduce?
(a) Thomasin misses her husband.
(b) The man he sees with Eustacia is Wildeve.
(c) Eustacia is still in love with Clym.
(d) Eustacia is unhappy.
12. What does Clym admit to Thomasin?
(a) He no longer loves Eustacia.
(b) He is leaving for Paris.
(c) He loves Thomasin.
(d) He is still in love with Eustacia.
13. For whom is Thomasin caretaking?
(a) Her nephew.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her son.
(d) Eustacia's grandfather.
14. What does Thomasin name her baby girl?
(a) Damonia Thomasin.
(b) Eustacia Clementine.
(c) Eustacia Mae.
(d) Clymeria Eustacia.
15. What happens when Thomasin visits Clym?
(a) She finds out Eustacia is leaving him.
(b) She tells him she loves him.
(c) She gives him his portion of the inheritance.
(d) She says how much she detests Eustacia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clym ask Thomasin to marry him?
2. Who does Eustacia encounter?
3. How do Thomasin and Diggory run into one another?
4. Why is Clym hesitant about Thomasin's question?
5. Why is Clym unable to continue his studies temporarily?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)