|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they both hear?
(a) A noise, as if somebody has fallen in the water in the dam.
(b) A noise, like an owl crying in the night.
(c) A noise, like a gust of wind.
(d) A noise, like a lightning crash.
2. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
(a) Sam and Humphrey.
(b) Diggory Venn and Clym.
(c) Susan and Johnny Nonsuch.
(d) Thomasin and Mrs. Yeobright.
3. Who took care of Eustacia in her final days?
(c) Captain Vye.
4. Where does Eustacia allow herself to go?
(a) To Paris on her own.
(b) The local outdoor dance.
(c) Back to her grandfather's home.
(d) To Mrs. Yeobright for advice.
5. How does Clym react when he realizes Eustacia is to blame for his mother's death?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is enraged.
(d) He is disappointed.
6. What does Clym admit to Thomasin?
(a) He is still in love with Eustacia.
(b) He is leaving for Paris.
(c) He no longer loves Eustacia.
(d) He loves Thomasin.
7. What does Thomasin name her baby girl?
(a) Eustacia Clementine.
(b) Clymeria Eustacia.
(c) Eustacia Mae.
(d) Damonia Thomasin.
8. Who is the furze-cutter Mrs. Yeobright sees?
9. What does Diggory deduce?
(a) Eustacia is still in love with Clym.
(b) Eustacia is unhappy.
(c) Thomasin misses her husband.
(d) The man he sees with Eustacia is Wildeve.
10. Why does Clym ask Thomasin to marry him?
(a) Out of a sense of duty.
(b) It is what Eustacia would have wanted.
(c) Thomasin loves him.
(d) He is in love with her.
11. What plan do Eustacia and Wildeve concoct?
(a) For her to leave for Paris.
(b) For him to go to Paris first.
(c) For him to murder Clym.
(d) For them to run away together.
12. Why does Clym blame Eustacia completely for his mother's death?
(a) He hates Eustacia.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He was asleep at the time his mother arrived.
(d) It was her fault.
13. What does Thomasin learn from Rachel?
(a) Rachel borrowed Thomasin's gloves.
(b) Diggory is building a home in town.
(c) Diggory is leaving in the morning.
(d) Diggory is in love with Rachel.
14. How many years later is it when Diggory Venn comes to visit?
(a) Two years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
15. What happens when Thomasin visits Clym?
(a) She gives him his portion of the inheritance.
(b) She tells him she loves him.
(c) She finds out Eustacia is leaving him.
(d) She says how much she detests Eustacia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
2. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money?
3. What does Clym give of Eustacia's?
4. Where does Clym go?
5. What has Eustacia forgotten in her rush?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)