|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diggory want to erect?
(a) A town square.
(b) A home.
(c) A monument in Eustacia's honor.
(d) A maypole.
2. How does Charley try to lift Eustacia's spirits?
(a) By bringing her husband over to apologize.
(b) By requesting Damon to come visit.
(c) By building her a bonfire.
(d) By holding her hand.
3. Why does Clym ask Thomasin to marry him?
(a) Thomasin loves him.
(b) Out of a sense of duty.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) It is what Eustacia would have wanted.
4. Why does Wildeve withdraw from Eustacia?
(a) He is in danger.
(b) He is feeling guilty.
(c) He is not interested in her.
(d) To try to avoid detection.
5. What does Damon do when Thomasin questions him about his whereabouts?
(a) He becomes shy
(b) He becomes agitated.
(c) He says nothing.
(d) He cries.
6. Why are the locals working on this?
(a) They want to grow more crops.
(b) The store will bring travellers into town.
(c) It is a wedding gift for Thomasin and Diggory.
(d) They are preparing for the next May Day.
7. Why is Clym hesitant about Thomasin's question?
(a) His mother did not approve of Diggory as a match.
(b) He is not sure Diggory loves Thomasin.
(c) He is in love with Thomasin.
(d) He does not want to see Thomasin leave the heath.
8. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
(a) Sam and Humphrey.
(b) Susan and Johnny Nonsuch.
(c) Diggory Venn and Clym.
(d) Thomasin and Mrs. Yeobright.
9. What is Mrs. Yeobright resolved to do?
(a) Break up her son and Eustacia's marriage.
(b) Tell her son how she feels.
(c) Tell Thomasin to leave Wildeve.
(d) Reconcile with her son and daughter-in-law.
10. How do Thomasin and Clym live their lives in Blooms-End?
(a) They become married.
(b) Happily together.
(c) Together but separate.
(d) In mourning together.
11. What does Thomasin see Diggory tenderly pick up?
(a) A small bird.
(b) A ring.
(c) A flower.
(d) A glove.
12. How does Eustacia tell Damon she is ready to leave?
(a) She calls him.
(b) She goes to meet him at the inn.
(c) She is gives him the signal.
(d) She cries out to him.
13. What does Thomasin name her baby girl?
(a) Damonia Thomasin.
(b) Clymeria Eustacia.
(c) Eustacia Mae.
(d) Eustacia Clementine.
14. What does Thomasin wistfully ask Diggory?
(a) Why she married Damon.
(b) What she should do about her husband.
(c) If he knows a way to keep her husband home in the evenings.
(d) If he still loves her.
15. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
(a) He becomes a furze-cutter.
(b) He moves back to Paris.
(c) He leaves Eustacia.
(d) He works as a reddleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diggory deduce?
2. What does Thomasin realize about Diggory?
3. Who does Eustacia encounter?
4. Where is Eustacia at midnight?
5. Who does Clym find waiting?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)