|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took care of Eustacia in her final days?
(b) Captain Vye.
2. What does Clym give of Eustacia's?
(a) A picture.
(b) A lock of her hair.
(c) A note.
(d) A piece of jewelry.
3. What does Thomasin do during the dance?
(a) Watch from her window.
(b) Dances with Diggory.
(c) Dances with Clym.
(d) Swings around the maypole.
4. Where does Eustacia allow herself to go?
(a) The local outdoor dance.
(b) Back to her grandfather's home.
(c) To Paris on her own.
(d) To Mrs. Yeobright for advice.
5. Who arrives at Blooms-End?
6. How does Thomasin surprise Clym?
(a) She asks him to marry her first.
(b) She tells him she does not love him.
(c) She says she is moving to Paris.
(d) She asks if it would be proper for her to marry Diggory.
7. What is Mrs. Yeobright resolved to do?
(a) Tell her son how she feels.
(b) Tell Thomasin to leave Wildeve.
(c) Break up her son and Eustacia's marriage.
(d) Reconcile with her son and daughter-in-law.
8. How does Clym react when he realizes Eustacia is to blame for his mother's death?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is enraged.
(c) He is disappointed.
(d) He is shocked.
9. Why is Clym singing?
(a) He has found a job as a singing telegram.
(b) He loves to sing.
(c) He is content with working as a furze-cutter.
(d) It is Eustacia's favorite song.
10. Why is Clym hesitant about Thomasin's question?
(a) His mother did not approve of Diggory as a match.
(b) He is in love with Thomasin.
(c) He is not sure Diggory loves Thomasin.
(d) He does not want to see Thomasin leave the heath.
11. What does Clym become?
(a) An itinerate preacher.
(b) A priest.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A mayor.
12. Who does Clym find waiting?
(d) Captain Vye.
13. Why does Clym ask Thomasin to marry him?
(a) Thomasin loves him.
(b) It is what Eustacia would have wanted.
(c) Out of a sense of duty.
(d) He is in love with her.
14. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Nothing could ever have stopped her from marrying Clym.
(b) She is in love with Damon.
(c) She would never have married Clym, if she had known he was staying in the heath.
(d) She does not love Clym.
15. What is happening to Eustacia?
(a) She is falling off a cliff.
(b) She is drowning.
(c) She is running away.
(d) She is being trampled by a herd of cattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the bonfire night?
2. Which characters reach a happy conclusion?
3. Who does Eustacia encounter?
4. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
5. What does Diggory want to erect?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)