|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thomasin surprise Clym?
(a) She asks him to marry her first.
(b) She tells him she does not love him.
(c) She says she is moving to Paris.
(d) She asks if it would be proper for her to marry Diggory.
2. How does Clym realize what happened on the day of his mother's death?
(a) Eustacia confesses.
(b) Through several conversations.
(c) Christian Cantle tells him everything.
(d) Venn tells him everything.
3. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
(a) She is having difficulties with her husband.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) She is keeping his portion of the inheritance.
(d) What passed between his mother and his wife.
4. What does Clym become?
(a) A mayor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) An itinerate preacher.
(d) A priest.
5. Why does Mrs. Yeobright get tired?
(a) It is an arduous walk.
(b) She is not healthy.
(c) It is hot outside.
(d) She gets lost.
6. When are Eustacia and Wildeve's feeling rekindled?
(a) At the beverage table.
(b) As they dance.
(c) On the walk home after the dance.
(d) While watching others dance.
7. How does Diggory confirm his belief?
(a) He goes to the inn to see if Wildeve had been there.
(b) He goes to Thomasin.
(c) He asks Eustacia how she is feeling.
(d) He talks to Clym about his marriage.
8. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) She is in love with Damon.
(b) She does not love Clym.
(c) She would never have married Clym, if she had known he was staying in the heath.
(d) Nothing could ever have stopped her from marrying Clym.
9. Why is Eustacia uncomfortable about joining a group?
(a) Her husband is not there.
(b) She cannot find the woman who invited her.
(c) She does not know how to dance.
(d) She does not know anyone.
10. About what does Diggory do when he talks to Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) The benefits of forgiving Clym and accepting his marriage to Eustacia.
(b) Clym's disintigrating marriage to Eustacia.
(c) Eustacia's infidelity.
(d) Forgiving Clym for the mistake he has made in marrying Eustacia.
11. Why does Charley hide Captain Vye's pistols?
(a) The pistols are dangerous.
(b) He is afraid Eustacia will commit suicide.
(c) He wants the pistols for himself.
(d) He is afraid Captain Vye will commit suicide.
12. What does Damon do when Thomasin questions him about his whereabouts?
(a) He says nothing.
(b) He becomes shy
(c) He becomes agitated.
(d) He cries.
13. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
(a) He works as a reddleman.
(b) He moves back to Paris.
(c) He becomes a furze-cutter.
(d) He leaves Eustacia.
14. Meanwhile, what is Susan Nunsuch doing?
(a) Creating a voo doo doll of Eustacia.
(b) Taking care of her sick son, Johnny.
(c) Spying the Vye household.
(d) Flying on her broomstick.
15. How does Charley try to lift Eustacia's spirits?
(a) By building her a bonfire.
(b) By bringing her husband over to apologize.
(c) By holding her hand.
(d) By requesting Damon to come visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clym give of Eustacia's?
2. Who does Eustacia encounter?
3. Where is Clym waiting?
4. Who arrives to help?
5. What does Thomasin do during the dance?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)