|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eustacia ask her grandfather?
(a) If she may keep house for him.
(b) If she and Clym may move in with him.
(c) If she may stay in her old room.
(d) If he will help her divorce Clym.
2. What has Eustacia forgotten in her rush?
(a) The letter from her husband.
(b) Her bag.
(d) To say goodbye to her grandfather.
3. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
(a) With spooky lights.
(b) With noises.
(c) With scary stories.
(d) With threats.
4. How is Eustacia feeling?
5. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money?
(a) He never receives it.
(b) He is ungrateful.
(c) He does not realize it is from her.
(d) It is not enough money.
6. Why is Diggory's skin no longer red?
(a) He has left the reddleman business.
(b) The dye is now clear.
(c) He has found a strong soap.
(d) The red dye no longer stains.
7. Why is Clym hesitant about Thomasin's question?
(a) His mother did not approve of Diggory as a match.
(b) He does not want to see Thomasin leave the heath.
(c) He is in love with Thomasin.
(d) He is not sure Diggory loves Thomasin.
8. About what does Diggory do when he talks to Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) The benefits of forgiving Clym and accepting his marriage to Eustacia.
(b) Forgiving Clym for the mistake he has made in marrying Eustacia.
(c) Clym's disintigrating marriage to Eustacia.
(d) Eustacia's infidelity.
9. How many years later is it when Diggory Venn comes to visit?
(a) Five years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Ten years.
10. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
(a) Susan and Johnny Nonsuch.
(b) Diggory Venn and Clym.
(c) Thomasin and Mrs. Yeobright.
(d) Sam and Humphrey.
11. To what does Christian confess?
(a) Spending the money.
(b) Losing the money gambling to Wildeve.
(c) Stealing the money.
(d) Giving it all the Thomasin.
12. Which characters reach a happy conclusion?
(a) The two most selfless.
(b) Those that have passed away.
(c) None of them.
(d) Only Clym.
13. What is significant about the bonfire night?
(a) Bonfire nights are scary.
(b) It is one year since the narrative started.
(c) Eustacia becomes a witch on bonfire nights.
(d) Bonfire nights are part of the heath tradition.
14. How does Thomasin surprise Clym?
(a) She asks him to marry her first.
(b) She tells him she does not love him.
(c) She says she is moving to Paris.
(d) She asks if it would be proper for her to marry Diggory.
15. What do they both hear?
(a) A noise, as if somebody has fallen in the water in the dam.
(b) A noise, like a gust of wind.
(c) A noise, like an owl crying in the night.
(d) A noise, like a lightning crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Thomasin visits Clym?
2. Why does Mrs. Yeobright get tired?
3. Why does Charley hide Captain Vye's pistols?
4. Why does Clym blame Eustacia completely for his mother's death?
5. Who arrives to help?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)