|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the furze-cutter Mrs. Yeobright sees?
2. How does Diggory's change of occupation affect his relationship with Thomasin?
(a) He is now a suitable match.
(b) She finds him less attractive.
(c) She is nervous around him.
(d) He is like a stranger to her.
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright decide to do the next day?
(a) Go to Paris.
(b) Go to Clym.
(c) Go to Diggory.
(d) Go to Thomasin.
4. For whom does Mrs. Yeobright feel sorry?
5. Why does Clym not attend the wedding?
(a) He is out of town.
(b) He does not approve of the match.
(c) He is in love with Thomasin.
(d) He does not feel well enough in spirits.
6. What is taking place at the same time Diggory is talking to Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Thomasin is talking to Clym about reconciling with his mother.
(b) Clym is telling Eustacia how upset he is with his mother.
(c) Clym and Eustacia are discussing their marriage.
(d) Clym is telling Eustacia about wanting to reconcile with his mother.
7. What does Diggory deduce?
(a) Eustacia is still in love with Clym.
(b) The man he sees with Eustacia is Wildeve.
(c) Eustacia is unhappy.
(d) Thomasin misses her husband.
8. About what does Diggory do when he talks to Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Clym's disintigrating marriage to Eustacia.
(b) Eustacia's infidelity.
(c) The benefits of forgiving Clym and accepting his marriage to Eustacia.
(d) Forgiving Clym for the mistake he has made in marrying Eustacia.
9. Where is Clym waiting?
(a) At his home.
(b) Outside the Vye home.
(c) At Blooms-End.
(d) At the inn.
10. Who helps Thomasin to the inn?
(a) Damon Wildeve.
(b) Diggory Venn.
(c) Clym Yeobright.
(d) Johnny Nunsuch.
11. Meanwhile, what is Susan Nunsuch doing?
(a) Creating a voo doo doll of Eustacia.
(b) Spying the Vye household.
(c) Taking care of her sick son, Johnny.
(d) Flying on her broomstick.
12. How does Clym feel about his mother's death?
(a) Heartbroken and partly to blame.
(b) Sad and unsure about the future.
13. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
(a) She is keeping his portion of the inheritance.
(b) What passed between his mother and his wife.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She is having difficulties with her husband.
14. Who survives?
(a) Clym and Diggory.
(b) Eustacia and Damon.
(c) Clym and Damon.
(d) Eustacia and Diggory.
15. Which characters reach a happy conclusion?
(a) Those that have passed away.
(b) Only Clym.
(c) The two most selfless.
(d) None of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diggory want to erect?
2. How does Eustacia tell Damon she is ready to leave?
3. Who feels responsible for the entire tragedy?
4. Who took care of Eustacia in her final days?
5. Where does Eustacia allow herself to go?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)