|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Eustacia uncomfortable about joining a group?
(a) She does not know anyone.
(b) She does not know how to dance.
(c) Her husband is not there.
(d) She cannot find the woman who invited her.
2. How many years later is it when Diggory Venn comes to visit?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Ten years.
3. For whom is Thomasin caretaking?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her nephew.
(d) Eustacia's grandfather.
4. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money?
(a) He never receives it.
(b) It is not enough money.
(c) He is ungrateful.
(d) He does not realize it is from her.
5. What does Diggory want to erect?
(a) A home.
(b) A town square.
(c) A monument in Eustacia's honor.
(d) A maypole.
6. Who is the furze-cutter Mrs. Yeobright sees?
7. How do Thomasin and Clym live their lives in Blooms-End?
(a) They become married.
(b) In mourning together.
(c) Happily together.
(d) Together but separate.
8. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
(a) Diggory Venn and Clym.
(b) Sam and Humphrey.
(c) Susan and Johnny Nonsuch.
(d) Thomasin and Mrs. Yeobright.
9. What does Thomasin wistfully ask Diggory?
(a) Why she married Damon.
(b) What she should do about her husband.
(c) If he still loves her.
(d) If he knows a way to keep her husband home in the evenings.
10. How is Eustacia feeling?
11. Who survives?
(a) Clym and Diggory.
(b) Eustacia and Damon.
(c) Clym and Damon.
(d) Eustacia and Diggory.
12. What is Mrs. Yeobright resolved to do?
(a) Tell Thomasin to leave Wildeve.
(b) Reconcile with her son and daughter-in-law.
(c) Tell her son how she feels.
(d) Break up her son and Eustacia's marriage.
13. Why is Clym unable to continue his studies temporarily?
(a) He must find a job.
(b) The poor light he has been reading in is affecting his eyesight.
(c) Eustacia is threatening to leave.
(d) He does not have the money to buy more books.
14. Where does Eustacia allow herself to go?
(a) Back to her grandfather's home.
(b) To Paris on her own.
(c) The local outdoor dance.
(d) To Mrs. Yeobright for advice.
15. What does Mrs. Yeobright decide to do the next day?
(a) Go to Diggory.
(b) Go to Thomasin.
(c) Go to Paris.
(d) Go to Clym.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eustacia ask her grandfather?
2. Where do the newlyweds go?
3. Why does Clym ask Thomasin to marry him?
4. To what does Christian confess?
5. About what does Diggory do when he talks to Mrs. Yeobright?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)