|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eustacia encounter?
2. About what does Diggory do when he talks to Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Forgiving Clym for the mistake he has made in marrying Eustacia.
(b) The benefits of forgiving Clym and accepting his marriage to Eustacia.
(c) Clym's disintigrating marriage to Eustacia.
(d) Eustacia's infidelity.
3. Why does Clym blame Eustacia completely for his mother's death?
(a) He is angry.
(b) It was her fault.
(c) He hates Eustacia.
(d) He was asleep at the time his mother arrived.
4. How does Diggory's change of occupation affect his relationship with Thomasin?
(a) She finds him less attractive.
(b) He is now a suitable match.
(c) She is nervous around him.
(d) He is like a stranger to her.
5. What career change has Diggory made?
(a) He is a businessman in London.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a physician.
(d) He is now a dairy farmer.
6. How does Charley try to lift Eustacia's spirits?
(a) By building her a bonfire.
(b) By holding her hand.
(c) By bringing her husband over to apologize.
(d) By requesting Damon to come visit.
7. Who does Clym find?
(d) Captain Vye.
8. Who feels responsible for the entire tragedy?
9. How does Mrs. Yeobright offend Eustacia.
(a) She believes Eustacia has a new lover.
(b) She tells her she is an awful cook.
(c) She tells her she is a poor excuse for a wife.
(d) She believes Eustacia has Clym's money.
10. How do Thomasin and Clym live their lives in Blooms-End?
(a) Happily together.
(b) In mourning together.
(c) Together but separate.
(d) They become married.
11. Where does Clym go?
(a) To Blooms-End.
(b) Back to Paris.
(c) Towards Eustacia's home.
(d) To his home.
12. Which characters reach a happy conclusion?
(a) None of them.
(b) Those that have passed away.
(c) Only Clym.
(d) The two most selfless.
13. How does Diggory confirm his belief?
(a) He talks to Clym about his marriage.
(b) He goes to the inn to see if Wildeve had been there.
(c) He goes to Thomasin.
(d) He asks Eustacia how she is feeling.
14. What is taking place at the same time Diggory is talking to Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Clym is telling Eustacia about wanting to reconcile with his mother.
(b) Clym and Eustacia are discussing their marriage.
(c) Thomasin is talking to Clym about reconciling with his mother.
(d) Clym is telling Eustacia how upset he is with his mother.
15. How does Clym realize what happened on the day of his mother's death?
(a) Venn tells him everything.
(b) Christian Cantle tells him everything.
(c) Through several conversations.
(d) Eustacia confesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
2. What does Clym become?
3. What does Thomasin see Diggory tenderly pick up?
4. What does Thomasin name her baby girl?
5. Why does Mrs. Yeobright get tired?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)