|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Clym waiting?
(a) At the inn.
(b) Outside the Vye home.
(c) At his home.
(d) At Blooms-End.
2. What career change has Diggory made?
(a) He is now a dairy farmer.
(b) He is a physician.
(c) He is a businessman in London.
(d) He is a lawyer.
3. What plan do Eustacia and Wildeve concoct?
(a) For her to leave for Paris.
(b) For him to murder Clym.
(c) For them to run away together.
(d) For him to go to Paris first.
4. How does Mrs. Yeobright offend Eustacia.
(a) She tells her she is an awful cook.
(b) She believes Eustacia has a new lover.
(c) She tells her she is a poor excuse for a wife.
(d) She believes Eustacia has Clym's money.
5. How do Thomasin and Diggory run into one another?
(a) At Rainbarrow.
(b) At a dance.
(c) At his home.
(d) On a walk.
6. To what is Eustacia referring when she says Damon is not a "great" enough man?
(a) He is unkind and untrustworthy.
(b) As Thomasin's husband.
(c) He is not wealthy enough for her.
(d) For whom to break her vows.
7. What does Diggory want to erect?
(a) A maypole.
(b) A town square.
(c) A home.
(d) A monument in Eustacia's honor.
8. How does Clym feel about his mother's death?
(b) Sad and unsure about the future.
(c) Heartbroken and partly to blame.
9. How does Charley try to lift Eustacia's spirits?
(a) By bringing her husband over to apologize.
(b) By holding her hand.
(c) By building her a bonfire.
(d) By requesting Damon to come visit.
10. What does Thomasin see Diggory tenderly pick up?
(a) A small bird.
(b) A ring.
(c) A glove.
(d) A flower.
11. How do Thomasin and Clym live their lives in Blooms-End?
(a) They become married.
(b) Together but separate.
(c) Happily together.
(d) In mourning together.
12. What does Clym give of Eustacia's?
(a) A note.
(b) A picture.
(c) A piece of jewelry.
(d) A lock of her hair.
13. Who does Clym find waiting?
(b) Captain Vye.
14. Who does Clym find?
(c) Captain Vye.
15. Meanwhile, what is Susan Nunsuch doing?
(a) Flying on her broomstick.
(b) Creating a voo doo doll of Eustacia.
(c) Spying the Vye household.
(d) Taking care of her sick son, Johnny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took care of Eustacia in her final days?
2. Why does Clym blame Eustacia completely for his mother's death?
3. How is Thomasin when Diggory comes to visit?
4. Who survives?
5. What does Damon do when Thomasin questions him about his whereabouts?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)