|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomasin do during the dance?
(a) Watch from her window.
(b) Dances with Diggory.
(c) Dances with Clym.
(d) Swings around the maypole.
2. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) She does not love Clym.
(b) She is in love with Damon.
(c) Nothing could ever have stopped her from marrying Clym.
(d) She would never have married Clym, if she had known he was staying in the heath.
3. For whom does Mrs. Yeobright feel sorry?
4. In what is Thomasin intrigued?
(a) The identity of the girl that captured Diggory's heart.
(b) Why Diggory is in town.
(c) The purpose of the maypole.
(d) Whether he likes her or not.
5. How does Clym react to the news about Eustacia?
(a) He goes to his room and slams the door shut.
(b) He sits down and cries.
(c) He goes home and tries to forget all about her.
(d) He goes after her.
6. Who does Clym find waiting?
(b) Captain Vye.
7. What does Damon do when Thomasin questions him about his whereabouts?
(a) He says nothing.
(b) He becomes shy
(c) He becomes agitated.
(d) He cries.
8. Why is Eustacia uncomfortable about joining a group?
(a) Her husband is not there.
(b) She does not know anyone.
(c) She cannot find the woman who invited her.
(d) She does not know how to dance.
9. Who is the furze-cutter Mrs. Yeobright sees?
10. What is Mrs. Yeobright resolved to do?
(a) Break up her son and Eustacia's marriage.
(b) Tell her son how she feels.
(c) Reconcile with her son and daughter-in-law.
(d) Tell Thomasin to leave Wildeve.
11. What does Mrs. Yeobright decide to do the next day?
(a) Go to Thomasin.
(b) Go to Diggory.
(c) Go to Paris.
(d) Go to Clym.
12. Who feels responsible for the entire tragedy?
13. What does Clym admit to Thomasin?
(a) He is still in love with Eustacia.
(b) He is leaving for Paris.
(c) He loves Thomasin.
(d) He no longer loves Eustacia.
14. Why does Charley hide Captain Vye's pistols?
(a) The pistols are dangerous.
(b) He is afraid Captain Vye will commit suicide.
(c) He is afraid Eustacia will commit suicide.
(d) He wants the pistols for himself.
15. Who does Eustacia encounter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Thomasin now attracted to Diggory?
2. Who arrives to help?
3. About what is Clym concerned?
4. How does Diggory confirm his belief?
5. What does Diggory want to erect?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)