|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who feels responsible for the entire tragedy?
2. Where does Clym go?
(a) Towards Eustacia's home.
(b) To Blooms-End.
(c) To his home.
(d) Back to Paris.
3. What does Clym become?
(a) A mayor.
(b) A priest.
(c) A teacher.
(d) An itinerate preacher.
4. What does Thomasin learn from Rachel?
(a) Diggory is leaving in the morning.
(b) Rachel borrowed Thomasin's gloves.
(c) Diggory is in love with Rachel.
(d) Diggory is building a home in town.
5. What does Thomasin see Diggory tenderly pick up?
(a) A flower.
(b) A small bird.
(c) A ring.
(d) A glove.
6. What is taking place at the same time Diggory is talking to Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Clym and Eustacia are discussing their marriage.
(b) Clym is telling Eustacia about wanting to reconcile with his mother.
(c) Thomasin is talking to Clym about reconciling with his mother.
(d) Clym is telling Eustacia how upset he is with his mother.
7. What is the date of the bonfire?
(a) November 31.
(b) December 5.
(c) November 5.
(d) October 31.
8. How does Diggory confirm his belief?
(a) He asks Eustacia how she is feeling.
(b) He goes to the inn to see if Wildeve had been there.
(c) He talks to Clym about his marriage.
(d) He goes to Thomasin.
9. Who took care of Eustacia in her final days?
(d) Captain Vye.
10. Where is Eustacia at midnight?
(a) On her way to see her husband.
(b) On her way to meet Damon.
(c) Crying under the moonlight.
(d) Asleep in her bed.
11. What does Damon do when Thomasin questions him about his whereabouts?
(a) He becomes agitated.
(b) He becomes shy
(c) He cries.
(d) He says nothing.
12. Who had visited Mrs. Yeobright the night before she died?
13. Where do the newlyweds go?
(a) To Paris.
(b) To Blooms-End.
(c) Back to Diggory's home.
(d) To Rainbarrow.
14. What has Eustacia forgotten in her rush?
(a) Her bag.
(c) To say goodbye to her grandfather.
(d) The letter from her husband.
15. What does Thomasin name her baby girl?
(a) Eustacia Clementine.
(b) Damonia Thomasin.
(c) Eustacia Mae.
(d) Clymeria Eustacia.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is Eustacia referring when she says Damon is not a "great" enough man?
2. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
3. What is Mrs. Yeobright resolved to do?
4. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
5. Why is Eustacia uncomfortable about joining a group?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)