|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Eustacia have reservations?
(a) Marrying Clym.
(b) Living in a small cottage.
(c) Leaving her home.
(d) Moving to Paris.
2. How does Clym perceive her?
(a) As a beautiful goddess.
(b) As a woman he used to know.
(c) As a woman disguised as a man.
(d) As a nuisance.
3. How is the location introduced?
(a) As almost a character itself.
(b) Very vaguely.
(c) As a beautiful tourist hideaway.
(d) As a small village in Italy.
4. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
(b) Clym's arrival.
(c) Her wedding.
(d) The Christmas party.
5. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
(a) Hold her hand.
(b) Tell Clym she is available.
(c) Sit by her at the play.
(d) Lend her his disguise.
6. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
(b) Mrs. Yeobright's Christmas party.
(c) A celebration in the town hall.
7. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
(a) It is her favorite play.
(b) So she may see Clym.
(c) She wants to be the center of attention.
(d) She loves to act.
8. What has Susan Nonsuch done to Eustacia?
(a) Burned her home down.
(b) Blackmailed her.
(c) Stabbed her in the side with a needle.
(d) Shot her in the side.
9. Why is Damon irritated?
(a) He wants to marry Eustacia.
(b) Mrs. Yeobright does not trust him with Thomasin's money.
(c) He is annoyed with Christian.
(d) He wants to stop the wedding.
10. What does Mrs. Yeobright refuse to do?
(a) Allow Clym to marry.
(b) Allow Clym to move out of her home.
(c) Attend Clym and Eustacia's wedding.
(d) Accept that Thomasin will be attending the wedding.
11. Why is Thomasin having a difficult time?
(a) She does not love her husband.
(b) She worries about Clym.
(c) She does not like Eustacia.
(d) Her husband will not give her any spending money.
12. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Some of what he has heard.
(b) All that he has heard and that his offer of marriage still stands.
(c) He tells her he no longer wants to marry Thomasin.
(d) He tells her nothing.
13. Why does Mrs. Yeobright say Clym is no longer allowed in her house?
(a) He is not returning to Paris.
(b) He has lied to her.
(c) He is stealing from her.
(d) He and Eustacia are getting married.
14. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
(a) She seems unique.
(b) He is angry with her about her treatment of Thomasin.
(c) He has loved her since grade school.
(d) He is intrigued by the mention of her beauty.
15. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
(a) He hates Clym.
(b) He has to watch the inn.
(c) He is unsure how he would react to seeing her wed.
(d) He is not feeling well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
2. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
3. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
4. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
5. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)