|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
(a) The different location of the marriage license.
(b) The new priest performing the ceremony.
(c) The loss of the rings for the marriage.
(d) The lack of Mrs. Yeobright's approval.
2. How does Clym's mother react when he tells her about his plans?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is pleasantly surprised.
(c) She is very excited.
(d) She is stunned and agitated.
3. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
(a) He is intrigued by the mention of her beauty.
(b) She seems unique.
(c) He is angry with her about her treatment of Thomasin.
(d) He has loved her since grade school.
4. What does Clym do one night while he and Eustacia are watching an eclipse?
(a) He tells her he is not returning to Paris.
(b) He proposes to her.
(c) He breaks up with her.
(d) He tells her he is in love with Thomasin.
5. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
(a) Thomasin has taken his money.
(b) Thomasin is secretly in love with Diggory.
(c) Thomasin has married Damon.
(d) His cousin, Thomasin, is jilted on her wedding day.
6. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
(a) Clym's arrival.
(c) Her wedding.
(d) The Christmas party.
7. Who is supervising the furze cutters' work?
(a) Damon Wildeve.
(b) Eustacia Vye.
(c) Captain Vye.
(d) Diggory Venn.
8. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
(a) She hopes to run into Thomasin.
(b) She enjoys being outdoors.
(c) To try to run into Clym.
(d) She loves to exercise.
9. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
(a) His home.
(c) The woods.
(d) The inn.
10. Why does Damon say he is confused?
(a) He has fallen down and bumped his head.
(b) He believes Diggory is set to marry Thomasin.
(c) He is not sure how he feels about Thomasin.
(d) He is not sure how he feels about Eustacia.
11. About what does Eustacia have reservations?
(a) Marrying Clym.
(b) Leaving her home.
(c) Living in a small cottage.
(d) Moving to Paris.
12. Why does Mrs. Yeobright say Clym is no longer allowed in her house?
(a) He and Eustacia are getting married.
(b) He is stealing from her.
(c) He has lied to her.
(d) He is not returning to Paris.
13. What are Humphrey and Sam?
14. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
(a) It has all taken on the same color.
(b) It is covered in wood shavings.
(c) It smells of leather and polish.
(d) It is covered in gun powder.
15. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
(a) He considers her a friend.
(b) He is a kind man.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He is embarrassed for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rainbarrow?
2. Why is this expected of him?
3. What does the gossiping group mention?
4. What is a group of people doing?
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)