|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
(a) The smallest of ceremonies with no attendant.
(b) A traditional ceremony with the town in attendance.
(c) A small ceremony performed at home.
(d) A large ceremony with many brides maids.
2. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
(a) It is home.
(b) It is cute and quaint.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She does not like it.
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright refuse to do?
(a) Allow Clym to move out of her home.
(b) Allow Clym to marry.
(c) Attend Clym and Eustacia's wedding.
(d) Accept that Thomasin will be attending the wedding.
4. Why does the marriage not take place?
(a) There is a difficulty with the marriage license.
(b) Thomasin decides she does not want to marry Damon.
(c) Mrs. Yeobright does not allow Thomasin to marry.
(d) They get lost on the way to the chapel.
5. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
(a) Her move to Paris.
(b) Her lost inheritance.
(c) How much she misses him.
(d) Her uncertain marriage to Wildeve.
6. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
(a) Thomasin wants to talk to Clym herself.
(b) Thomasin does not want Clym to ever know.
(c) Thomasin wants to marry Clym.
(d) Thomasin wants Damon to speak with Clym.
7. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
(a) She is left in an orphanage.
(b) She is left to raise herself.
(c) She is left in the care of the Yeobrights.
(d) She is left in the care of her grandfather.
8. Why does Eustacia worry about Clym falling in love with Thomasin?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is kind.
(c) They live in the same house.
(d) They are cousins.
9. Why is Damon irritated?
(a) He wants to stop the wedding.
(b) He wants to marry Eustacia.
(c) He is annoyed with Christian.
(d) Mrs. Yeobright does not trust him with Thomasin's money.
10. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
(a) The suitor is Diggory.
(b) She is allowing Damon to marry Thomasin for her money.
(c) Thomasin will be marrying Venn in two days.
(d) Wildeve has proposed to Eustacia.
11. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
(a) Clym says he thinks she is beautiful.
(b) The furze-cutters tell her she would make a good furze-cutter.
(c) The furze-cutters tell her she is is attractive.
(d) The two furze-cutters think Clym and Eustacia seem to be two of a kind.
12. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
(a) She does not love him at all.
(b) It does not run deep.
(c) It is very strong.
(d) She will love him forever.
13. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
(b) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
(c) Clym is in the play.
(d) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
14. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
(a) Marry Wildeve.
(b) Urge Wildeve to follow through with his marriage promise.
(c) Run away to Paris.
(d) Tell Thomasin how awful Wildeve is.
15. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
(a) She loves Damon and wants to marry him as soon as possible.
(b) She steals her cousin's money to pay for the wedding.
(c) She wishes to preserve the dignity of her family at all costs.
(d) She knows her cousin does not approve of Damon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do others do when they recognize it is Eustacia?
2. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
3. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
4. For what is Christian gambling?
5. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)