Short Answer Key
1. Where does "The Return of the Native" take place?
2. How is the location introduced?
As almost a character itself.
3. What is a reddleman?
A man who sells red dye to farmers.
4. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
It has all taken on the same color.
5. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
A lone female figure.
6. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
Build large bonfires.
7. What is to have taken place that day?
8. What is a group of people doing?
Singing folk tunes and dancing.
9. What does the gossiping group mention?
That the aunt and guardian does not approve of the union.
10. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
She changed her mind about her resistance to the...
This section contains 2,277 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)