|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clym react to the news about Eustacia?
(a) He goes home and tries to forget all about her.
(b) He goes after her.
(c) He goes to his room and slams the door shut.
(d) He sits down and cries.
2. Why does Mrs. Yeobright get tired?
(a) She gets lost.
(b) It is an arduous walk.
(c) It is hot outside.
(d) She is not healthy.
3. Who is supervising the furze cutters' work?
(a) Eustacia Vye.
(b) Diggory Venn.
(c) Captain Vye.
(d) Damon Wildeve.
4. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
(a) She hopes that even when he is married, he will secretly meet her.
(b) She wants to marry him.
(c) She hates Damon and hopes he marries Thomasin.
(d) She is no longer willing to continue their secret meetings.
5. How does she find some rest?
(a) In the inn.
(b) At a nearby cottage.
(c) By a stream.
(d) In the shade of a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
2. What has Eustacia forgotten in her rush?
3. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
4. What does Thomasin name her baby girl?
5. Who is the furze-cutter Mrs. Yeobright sees?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)