|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) An induction ceremony.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A swimning event.
(d) A funeral.
2. Where does Eustacia allow herself to go?
(a) To Mrs. Yeobright for advice.
(b) The local outdoor dance.
(c) Back to her grandfather's home.
(d) To Paris on her own.
3. How does Clym's mother react when he tells her about his plans?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is stunned and agitated.
(c) She is pleasantly surprised.
(d) She is very excited.
4. What plan do Eustacia and Wildeve concoct?
(a) For her to leave for Paris.
(b) For him to go to Paris first.
(c) For them to run away together.
(d) For him to murder Clym.
5. Why is Clym unable to continue his studies temporarily?
(a) Eustacia is threatening to leave.
(b) The poor light he has been reading in is affecting his eyesight.
(c) He must find a job.
(d) He does not have the money to buy more books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright decide to do the next day?
3. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
4. How does Clym realize what happened on the day of his mother's death?
5. What does Thomasin wistfully ask Diggory?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)