|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
(a) Susan and Johnny Nonsuch.
(b) Diggory Venn and Clym.
(c) Sam and Humphrey.
(d) Thomasin and Mrs. Yeobright.
2. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Nothing could ever have stopped her from marrying Clym.
(b) She does not love Clym.
(c) She would never have married Clym, if she had known he was staying in the heath.
(d) She is in love with Damon.
3. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
(a) He is rude, unkind, and egotistical.
(b) They hope he will stay in the heath for awhile and teach them French.
(c) They mention his work, his ability to speak French, and the glamorous life he leads in Paris.
(d) He is the best furze-cutter they know.
4. What do they both hear?
(a) A noise, like an owl crying in the night.
(b) A noise, as if somebody has fallen in the water in the dam.
(c) A noise, like a lightning crash.
(d) A noise, like a gust of wind.
5. How does Charley try to lift Eustacia's spirits?
(a) By building her a bonfire.
(b) By requesting Damon to come visit.
(c) By bringing her husband over to apologize.
(d) By holding her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
2. Why does Wildeve withdraw from Eustacia?
3. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
4. Why is Clym unable to continue his studies temporarily?
5. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)