|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
(a) Clym says he thinks she is beautiful.
(b) The furze-cutters tell her she would make a good furze-cutter.
(c) The two furze-cutters think Clym and Eustacia seem to be two of a kind.
(d) The furze-cutters tell her she is is attractive.
2. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
(a) Wildeve wants Eustacia to confess her love for him.
(b) They have been enemies their entire lives.
(c) Eustacia wants Wildeve to confess that he loves her more than his fiancee.
(d) They both want to purchase the same home.
3. What is furze cutting?
(a) Cutting sheep's wool.
(b) Skipping school or class.
(c) Trimming the tops of fir trees.
(d) Cutting a rough, grassy shrub.
4. What does Thomasin wistfully ask Diggory?
(a) If he knows a way to keep her husband home in the evenings.
(b) If he still loves her.
(c) Why she married Damon.
(d) What she should do about her husband.
5. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
(a) It does not run deep.
(b) It is very strong.
(c) She will love him forever.
(d) She does not love him at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Eustacia forgotten in her rush?
2. Why is Damon irritated?
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
4. How is Eustacia feeling?
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)