|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eustacia tell Damon she is ready to leave?
(a) She cries out to him.
(b) She calls him.
(c) She is gives him the signal.
(d) She goes to meet him at the inn.
2. Who feels responsible for the entire tragedy?
3. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He is embarrassed for her.
(c) He considers her a friend.
(d) He is a kind man.
4. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
(a) Her lost inheritance.
(b) How much she misses him.
(c) Her move to Paris.
(d) Her uncertain marriage to Wildeve.
5. How does Clym realize what happened on the day of his mother's death?
(a) Through several conversations.
(b) Christian Cantle tells him everything.
(c) Venn tells him everything.
(d) Eustacia confesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Wildeve's passions for Eustacia renewed?
2. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
3. What is to have taken place that day?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright decide to do the next day?
5. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)