|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
(a) Sit by her at the play.
(b) Lend her his disguise.
(c) Hold her hand.
(d) Tell Clym she is available.
2. Where is Eustacia at midnight?
(a) Crying under the moonlight.
(b) Asleep in her bed.
(c) On her way to meet Damon.
(d) On her way to see her husband.
3. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money?
(a) He never receives it.
(b) It is not enough money.
(c) He does not realize it is from her.
(d) He is ungrateful.
4. About what does Diggory do when he talks to Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Forgiving Clym for the mistake he has made in marrying Eustacia.
(b) Eustacia's infidelity.
(c) The benefits of forgiving Clym and accepting his marriage to Eustacia.
(d) Clym's disintigrating marriage to Eustacia.
5. Why does Charley hide Captain Vye's pistols?
(a) He is afraid Eustacia will commit suicide.
(b) The pistols are dangerous.
(c) He is afraid Captain Vye will commit suicide.
(d) He wants the pistols for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
2. For whom does Mrs. Yeobright feel sorry?
3. How does Mrs. Yeobright feel about Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
4. How is the location introduced?
5. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)