|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Diggory hide?
(a) He hears a caravan going by.
(b) To avoid speaking to little Johnny.
(c) He does not want Thomasin to catch him.
(d) To listen to Eustacia and Wildeve's conversation.
2. Why is Damon irritated?
(a) He wants to marry Eustacia.
(b) He is annoyed with Christian.
(c) He wants to stop the wedding.
(d) Mrs. Yeobright does not trust him with Thomasin's money.
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
(a) To marry Thomasin quickly.
(b) Diggory will marry Thomasin.
(c) He has competition for Thomasin's hand.
(d) He will not be marrying Thomasin.
4. What does Clym suggest to Eustacia after his argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) They elope.
(b) They end the engagement.
(c) They get married right away.
(d) They wait a couple of years to marry.
5. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
(a) He considers her a friend.
(b) He is a kind man.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He is embarrassed for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
2. Who had visited Mrs. Yeobright the night before she died?
3. Why does Mrs. Yeobright get tired?
4. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
5. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)