|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clym perceive her?
(a) As a woman disguised as a man.
(b) As a woman he used to know.
(c) As a nuisance.
(d) As a beautiful goddess.
2. Meanwhile, what is Susan Nunsuch doing?
(a) Creating a voo doo doll of Eustacia.
(b) Flying on her broomstick.
(c) Spying the Vye household.
(d) Taking care of her sick son, Johnny.
3. What is a mummery?
(a) A female mummy.
(b) A place where nuns live.
(c) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
(d) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
4. How is the location introduced?
(a) As almost a character itself.
(b) As a small village in Italy.
(c) As a beautiful tourist hideaway.
(d) Very vaguely.
5. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
(b) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
(c) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
(d) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
2. Who had visited Mrs. Yeobright the night before she died?
3. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
4. Why does Mrs. Yeobright say Clym is no longer allowed in her house?
5. Why does Clym blame Eustacia completely for his mother's death?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)