|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
(a) She steals her cousin's money to pay for the wedding.
(b) She wishes to preserve the dignity of her family at all costs.
(c) She knows her cousin does not approve of Damon.
(d) She loves Damon and wants to marry him as soon as possible.
2. What is a group of people doing?
(a) Reading traditional books.
(b) Sleeping on small cots.
(c) Mourning the death of the Captain.
(d) Singing folk tunes and dancing.
3. What is a mummery?
(a) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
(b) A female mummy.
(c) A place where nuns live.
(d) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
4. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) She would never have married Clym, if she had known he was staying in the heath.
(b) She is in love with Damon.
(c) She does not love Clym.
(d) Nothing could ever have stopped her from marrying Clym.
5. How does Clym's mother react when he tells her about his plans?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is pleasantly surprised.
(c) She is stunned and agitated.
(d) She is very excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright decide to do the next day?
3. What plan do Eustacia and Wildeve concoct?
4. Where is Eustacia at midnight?
5. Why does Clym join the group to help get the bucket out of Eustacia's well?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)