|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
(a) She accepts his marriage proposal, although she does not love him.
(b) She visits frequently and brings fresh biscuits and jam.
(c) She turns down his marriage proposal in a kind letter, trying not to hurt his feelings.
(d) She tutors him while they in school and stands up for him when he is teased.
2. Why is Clym unable to continue his studies temporarily?
(a) Eustacia is threatening to leave.
(b) The poor light he has been reading in is affecting his eyesight.
(c) He does not have the money to buy more books.
(d) He must find a job.
3. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
(a) She loves to exercise.
(b) To try to run into Clym.
(c) She enjoys being outdoors.
(d) She hopes to run into Thomasin.
4. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
(a) Eustacia wants Wildeve to confess that he loves her more than his fiancee.
(b) They both want to purchase the same home.
(c) They have been enemies their entire lives.
(d) Wildeve wants Eustacia to confess her love for him.
5. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
(a) A lone pine tree.
(b) A small cottage.
(c) A lone female figure.
(d) A wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does "The Return of the Native" take place?
2. What is furze cutting?
3. About what does Diggory do when he talks to Mrs. Yeobright?
4. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
5. Why is Damon irritated?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)