|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
(a) He moves back to Paris.
(b) He becomes a furze-cutter.
(c) He leaves Eustacia.
(d) He works as a reddleman.
2. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
(a) Thomasin does not want Clym to ever know.
(b) Thomasin wants to talk to Clym herself.
(c) Thomasin wants Damon to speak with Clym.
(d) Thomasin wants to marry Clym.
3. Who survives?
(a) Eustacia and Damon.
(b) Eustacia and Diggory.
(c) Clym and Diggory.
(d) Clym and Damon.
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright give Christian?
(a) A note for Clym.
(b) A letter stating she approves of the marriage.
(c) Thomasin's inheritance and fifty guineas for Clym.
(d) An apology letter for Eustacia.
5. Why does Clym spend many hours reading?
(a) He is studying to become a teacher.
(b) He has nothing better to do.
(c) He loves to read.
(d) He is still learning to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Thomasin visits Clym?
2. What is furze cutting?
3. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
4. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
5. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)