|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had visited Mrs. Yeobright the night before she died?
2. Why is Diggory disappointed?
(a) Damon will not marry Thomasin.
(b) Mrs. Yeobright is preventing him from marrying Thomasin.
(c) He and Damon race to Thomasin, and Damon arrives first and has already secured her hand.
(d) Thomasin still does not love him.
3. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money?
(a) He never receives it.
(b) It is not enough money.
(c) He is ungrateful.
(d) He does not realize it is from her.
4. How does Clym realize what happened on the day of his mother's death?
(a) Christian Cantle tells him everything.
(b) Eustacia confesses.
(c) Venn tells him everything.
(d) Through several conversations.
5. Why does Wildeve withdraw from Eustacia?
(a) He is feeling guilty.
(b) He is not interested in her.
(c) He is in danger.
(d) To try to avoid detection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a reddleman?
2. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
3. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
4. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
5. How does Clym react to the news about Eustacia?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)