|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Eustacia have reservations?
(a) Leaving her home.
(b) Moving to Paris.
(c) Marrying Clym.
(d) Living in a small cottage.
2. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money?
(a) It is not enough money.
(b) He is ungrateful.
(c) He never receives it.
(d) He does not realize it is from her.
3. Who is the furze-cutter Mrs. Yeobright sees?
4. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
(b) Clym is in the play.
(c) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
(d) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
5. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
(a) She is no longer willing to continue their secret meetings.
(b) She wants to marry him.
(c) She hopes that even when he is married, he will secretly meet her.
(d) She hates Damon and hopes he marries Thomasin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charley hide Captain Vye's pistols?
2. Why is Clym unable to continue his studies temporarily?
3. How is Eustacia feeling?
4. How does Mrs. Yeobright feel about Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
5. Why is Eustacia uncomfortable about joining a group?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)