|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Eustacia uncomfortable about joining a group?
(a) Her husband is not there.
(b) She cannot find the woman who invited her.
(c) She does not know anyone.
(d) She does not know how to dance.
2. How does Mrs. Yeobright offend Eustacia.
(a) She tells her she is an awful cook.
(b) She believes Eustacia has a new lover.
(c) She tells her she is a poor excuse for a wife.
(d) She believes Eustacia has Clym's money.
3. Why is Clym deeply resolved to do something significant on his own terms?
(a) He loves working in Paris.
(b) His mother has always made all his decisions.
(c) He is not fully enjoying his life.
(d) He has never done anything of significance before.
4. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
(b) Clym is in the play.
(c) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
(d) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
5. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
(a) A celebration in the town hall.
(d) Mrs. Yeobright's Christmas party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
2. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
3. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
4. Why does Diggory hide?
5. How does Charley try to lift Eustacia's spirits?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)