|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the gossiping group mention?
(a) The beautiful Eustacia.
(b) That the aunt and guardian does not approve of the union.
(c) The beautiful white moon.
(d) The furze-cutting business.
2. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
(a) She tutors him while they in school and stands up for him when he is teased.
(b) She visits frequently and brings fresh biscuits and jam.
(c) She accepts his marriage proposal, although she does not love him.
(d) She turns down his marriage proposal in a kind letter, trying not to hurt his feelings.
3. Why is Clym singing?
(a) He is content with working as a furze-cutter.
(b) He has found a job as a singing telegram.
(c) It is Eustacia's favorite song.
(d) He loves to sing.
4. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) A funeral.
(b) An induction ceremony.
(c) A swimning event.
(d) A wedding.
5. Why does Diggory hide?
(a) To listen to Eustacia and Wildeve's conversation.
(b) He hears a caravan going by.
(c) To avoid speaking to little Johnny.
(d) He does not want Thomasin to catch him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
2. How does Clym react to the news about Eustacia?
3. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
4. Why does Clym spend many hours reading?
5. Why does Charley hide Captain Vye's pistols?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)