|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
(a) She changed her mind about her resistance to the marriage and gave her consent.
(b) She is not sure when Clym will return.
(c) She still does not approve of the marriage.
(d) She is buying a new home.
2. How does she find some rest?
(a) By a stream.
(b) In the shade of a tree.
(c) At a nearby cottage.
(d) In the inn.
3. What is the date of the bonfire?
(a) November 31.
(b) October 31.
(c) December 5.
(d) November 5.
4. What is a group of people doing?
(a) Reading traditional books.
(b) Singing folk tunes and dancing.
(c) Sleeping on small cots.
(d) Mourning the death of the Captain.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A new home.
(c) A job.
(d) Her inheritance money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
2. What is furze cutting?
3. What are Humphrey and Sam?
4. How does Charley try to lift Eustacia's spirits?
5. To what does Christian confess?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)