|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Damon irritated?
(a) Mrs. Yeobright does not trust him with Thomasin's money.
(b) He wants to marry Eustacia.
(c) He is annoyed with Christian.
(d) He wants to stop the wedding.
2. What has Eustacia forgotten in her rush?
(a) The letter from her husband.
(b) Her bag.
(c) To say goodbye to her grandfather.
3. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
(a) She hates Damon and hopes he marries Thomasin.
(b) She hopes that even when he is married, he will secretly meet her.
(c) She is no longer willing to continue their secret meetings.
(d) She wants to marry him.
4. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
(a) She tutors him while they in school and stands up for him when he is teased.
(b) She turns down his marriage proposal in a kind letter, trying not to hurt his feelings.
(c) She accepts his marriage proposal, although she does not love him.
(d) She visits frequently and brings fresh biscuits and jam.
5. How does she find some rest?
(a) At a nearby cottage.
(b) In the shade of a tree.
(c) By a stream.
(d) In the inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
2. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
3. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
4. When are Eustacia and Wildeve's feeling rekindled?
5. Who survives?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)