|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they both hear?
(a) A noise, like a lightning crash.
(b) A noise, as if somebody has fallen in the water in the dam.
(c) A noise, like an owl crying in the night.
(d) A noise, like a gust of wind.
2. How does Clym's mother react when he tells her about his plans?
(a) She is stunned and agitated.
(b) She is pleasantly surprised.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is very excited.
3. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
(a) Susan and Johnny Nonsuch.
(b) Thomasin and Mrs. Yeobright.
(c) Diggory Venn and Clym.
(d) Sam and Humphrey.
4. Why does Eustacia worry about Clym falling in love with Thomasin?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) She is kind.
(d) They live in the same house.
5. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
(a) The Christmas party.
(b) Clym's arrival.
(c) Her wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
2. What do others do when they recognize it is Eustacia?
3. What is Mrs. Yeobright resolved to do?
4. Why does Eustacia not read Clym's letter?
5. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)