|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
(a) A lone pine tree.
(b) A small cottage.
(c) A lone female figure.
(d) A wolf.
2. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
(a) She seems unique.
(b) He is intrigued by the mention of her beauty.
(c) He has loved her since grade school.
(d) He is angry with her about her treatment of Thomasin.
3. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
(a) Supposedly by coincidence.
(b) She is Thomasin's maid of honor.
(c) She tries to stop the wedding.
(d) To serve as a witness.
4. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) A funeral.
(b) An induction ceremony.
(c) A swimning event.
(d) A wedding.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright refuse to do?
(a) Allow Clym to marry.
(b) Accept that Thomasin will be attending the wedding.
(c) Allow Clym to move out of her home.
(d) Attend Clym and Eustacia's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the boy ask in exchange?
2. Why does Diggory hide?
3. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
4. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
5. What does Clym do one night while he and Eustacia are watching an eclipse?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)