|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
(a) Sam and Humphrey.
(b) Thomasin and Mrs. Yeobright.
(c) Diggory Venn and Clym.
(d) Susan and Johnny Nonsuch.
2. What does Clym suggest to Eustacia after his argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) They wait a couple of years to marry.
(b) They get married right away.
(c) They end the engagement.
(d) They elope.
3. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
(a) She is keeping his portion of the inheritance.
(b) What passed between his mother and his wife.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She is having difficulties with her husband.
4. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
(a) Christian is nervous.
(b) Damon is very intelligent.
(c) Christian has poor luck.
(d) Christian is encouraged by his good luck.
5. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
(a) Thomasin wants to marry Clym.
(b) Thomasin wants to talk to Clym herself.
(c) Thomasin does not want Clym to ever know.
(d) Thomasin wants Damon to speak with Clym.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Eustacia have reservations?
2. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
3. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
4. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
5. Why does Mrs. Yeobright get tired?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)