|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
(a) She fights with Damon.
(b) She celebrates.
(c) She becomes very agitated and runs away.
(d) She shrugs and walks home.
2. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
(a) Run away to Paris.
(b) Tell Thomasin how awful Wildeve is.
(c) Urge Wildeve to follow through with his marriage promise.
(d) Marry Wildeve.
3. For what is Christian gambling?
(a) His life.
(b) Ownership of the inn.
(c) A piece of cake.
(d) A piece of cloth.
4. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
(a) He has loved her since grade school.
(b) She seems unique.
(c) He is intrigued by the mention of her beauty.
(d) He is angry with her about her treatment of Thomasin.
5. Where does Eustacia allow herself to go?
(a) To Mrs. Yeobright for advice.
(b) Back to her grandfather's home.
(c) To Paris on her own.
(d) The local outdoor dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
2. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
3. Who does Eustacia encounter?
4. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
5. What does Clym suggest to Eustacia after his argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)