|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Clym singing?
(a) He is content with working as a furze-cutter.
(b) He loves to sing.
(c) It is Eustacia's favorite song.
(d) He has found a job as a singing telegram.
2. How does Clym perceive her?
(a) As a nuisance.
(b) As a woman he used to know.
(c) As a woman disguised as a man.
(d) As a beautiful goddess.
3. What do others do when they recognize it is Eustacia?
(a) They do not give away her secret.
(b) They pull her off the stage.
(c) They call for the director.
(d) They tell the audience.
4. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
(a) Thomasin and Mrs. Yeobright.
(b) Diggory Venn and Clym.
(c) Susan and Johnny Nonsuch.
(d) Sam and Humphrey.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
(a) She is not sure when Clym will return.
(b) She still does not approve of the marriage.
(c) She is buying a new home.
(d) She changed her mind about her resistance to the marriage and gave her consent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clym suggest to Eustacia after his argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
2. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
3. How does Mrs. Yeobright feel about Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
4. Where is Mrs. Yeobright when she hears the news about Clym and Eustacia?
5. How does Diggory confirm his belief?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)