|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Christian gambling?
(a) A piece of cloth.
(b) His life.
(c) Ownership of the inn.
(d) A piece of cake.
2. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
(a) He considers her a friend.
(b) He is embarrassed for her.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He is a kind man.
3. Why is Eustacia uncomfortable about joining a group?
(a) Her husband is not there.
(b) She does not know how to dance.
(c) She does not know anyone.
(d) She cannot find the woman who invited her.
4. Why does Mrs. Yeobright get tired?
(a) It is hot outside.
(b) She gets lost.
(c) She is not healthy.
(d) It is an arduous walk.
5. About what does Eustacia have reservations?
(a) Moving to Paris.
(b) Leaving her home.
(c) Living in a small cottage.
(d) Marrying Clym.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Wildeve's passions for Eustacia renewed?
2. What is a mummery?
3. What is taking place at the same time Diggory is talking to Mrs. Yeobright?
4. How does Mrs. Yeobright offend Eustacia.
5. Who is Christian Cantle?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)