|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
(a) She loves to act.
(b) It is her favorite play.
(c) She wants to be the center of attention.
(d) So she may see Clym.
2. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
(a) To offer a song to the newlyweds.
(b) To have a party.
(c) To annoy the newlyweds.
(d) To speak with her about her new husband.
3. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) She is keeping his portion of the inheritance.
(c) What passed between his mother and his wife.
(d) She is having difficulties with her husband.
4. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
(a) She hates Damon and hopes he marries Thomasin.
(b) She wants to marry him.
(c) She hopes that even when he is married, he will secretly meet her.
(d) She is no longer willing to continue their secret meetings.
5. To what does Christian confess?
(a) Giving it all the Thomasin.
(b) Spending the money.
(c) Stealing the money.
(d) Losing the money gambling to Wildeve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Clym unable to continue his studies temporarily?
2. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
3. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
4. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
5. What is a group of people doing?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)