|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
(a) They mention his work, his ability to speak French, and the glamorous life he leads in Paris.
(b) He is rude, unkind, and egotistical.
(c) They hope he will stay in the heath for awhile and teach them French.
(d) He is the best furze-cutter they know.
2. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
(a) It sets her off in a state of excitement based on her fantasy of him.
(b) It make her anxious and nervous to meet Clym.
(c) It annoys her and makes her realize she loves Damon.
(d) It makes her doubt her love for him.
3. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
(a) To have a party.
(b) To speak with her about her new husband.
(c) To offer a song to the newlyweds.
(d) To annoy the newlyweds.
4. What does Clym do one night while he and Eustacia are watching an eclipse?
(a) He tells her he is in love with Thomasin.
(b) He breaks up with her.
(c) He tells her he is not returning to Paris.
(d) He proposes to her.
5. What is a mummery?
(a) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
(b) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
(c) A place where nuns live.
(d) A female mummy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does she find some rest?
2. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
3. Who is Christian Cantle?
4. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
5. When are Eustacia and Wildeve's feeling rekindled?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)