|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
(a) She is sure Clym will take her to Paris.
(b) She knows she will never find another man.
(c) She wants to get married.
(d) She is in love with Clym.
2. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
(b) Sleeping by the fire.
(c) Learning how to cast spells.
(d) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
3. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
(a) Eustacia wants Wildeve to confess that he loves her more than his fiancee.
(b) They have been enemies their entire lives.
(c) They both want to purchase the same home.
(d) Wildeve wants Eustacia to confess her love for him.
4. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
(a) She is left in an orphanage.
(b) She is left in the care of the Yeobrights.
(c) She is left in the care of her grandfather.
(d) She is left to raise herself.
5. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
(a) His cousin, Thomasin, is jilted on her wedding day.
(b) Thomasin has married Damon.
(c) Thomasin has taken his money.
(d) Thomasin is secretly in love with Diggory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
2. What do some of the locals notice about Clym?
3. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
4. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
5. What are Humphrey and Sam?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)