|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
(a) He works as a reddleman.
(b) He becomes a furze-cutter.
(c) He moves back to Paris.
(d) He leaves Eustacia.
2. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
(b) Sleeping by the fire.
(c) Learning how to cast spells.
(d) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
3. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
(a) A lone pine tree.
(b) A small cottage.
(c) A lone female figure.
(d) A wolf.
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright refuse to do?
(a) Allow Clym to marry.
(b) Accept that Thomasin will be attending the wedding.
(c) Allow Clym to move out of her home.
(d) Attend Clym and Eustacia's wedding.
5. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A swimning event.
(c) A wedding.
(d) An induction ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
2. Why does Diggory hide?
3. For whom does Mrs. Yeobright feel sorry?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
5. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)