|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
(a) He has lost the money in the creek.
(b) He is lost.
(c) Damon wins the money.
(d) He is late to the wedding.
2. What is a group of people doing?
(a) Sleeping on small cots.
(b) Singing folk tunes and dancing.
(c) Mourning the death of the Captain.
(d) Reading traditional books.
3. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
(a) They mention his work, his ability to speak French, and the glamorous life he leads in Paris.
(b) He is rude, unkind, and egotistical.
(c) He is the best furze-cutter they know.
(d) They hope he will stay in the heath for awhile and teach them French.
4. What happens when Thomasin visits Clym?
(a) She gives him his portion of the inheritance.
(b) She says how much she detests Eustacia.
(c) She finds out Eustacia is leaving him.
(d) She tells him she loves him.
5. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
(a) A small ceremony performed at home.
(b) A large ceremony with many brides maids.
(c) A traditional ceremony with the town in attendance.
(d) The smallest of ceremonies with no attendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
2. Why is Thomasin having a difficult time?
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
4. To what does Christian confess?
5. Where does Clym want to move when he becomes a teacher?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)