|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
(a) He moves back to Paris.
(b) He leaves Eustacia.
(c) He becomes a furze-cutter.
(d) He works as a reddleman.
2. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
(a) She shrugs and walks home.
(b) She becomes very agitated and runs away.
(c) She fights with Damon.
(d) She celebrates.
3. For what is Christian gambling?
(a) A piece of cloth.
(b) Ownership of the inn.
(c) His life.
(d) A piece of cake.
4. What do others do when they recognize it is Eustacia?
(a) They tell the audience.
(b) They pull her off the stage.
(c) They call for the director.
(d) They do not give away her secret.
5. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
(a) A large ceremony with many brides maids.
(b) The smallest of ceremonies with no attendant.
(c) A traditional ceremony with the town in attendance.
(d) A small ceremony performed at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Yeobright say Clym is no longer allowed in her house?
2. Why does Clym join the group to help get the bucket out of Eustacia's well?
3. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
4. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
5. What is Eustacia doing?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)