|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomasin wistfully ask Diggory?
(a) Why she married Damon.
(b) If he still loves her.
(c) If he knows a way to keep her husband home in the evenings.
(d) What she should do about her husband.
2. Where does Eustacia allow herself to go?
(a) To Paris on her own.
(b) Back to her grandfather's home.
(c) To Mrs. Yeobright for advice.
(d) The local outdoor dance.
3. How does Mrs. Yeobright feel about Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
(a) She wonders about Clym's motives.
(b) She does not approve.
(c) She is unsure about Eustacia.
(d) She is very happy for them.
4. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
(a) It sets her off in a state of excitement based on her fantasy of him.
(b) It make her anxious and nervous to meet Clym.
(c) It makes her doubt her love for him.
(d) It annoys her and makes her realize she loves Damon.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright decide to do the next day?
(a) Go to Diggory.
(b) Go to Paris.
(c) Go to Clym.
(d) Go to Thomasin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eustacia encounter?
2. Why has the passion between Clym and Eustacia faded?
3. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
4. Why does Damon say he is confused?
5. What is Mrs. Yeobright resolved to do?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)