|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
(a) Her inheritance money.
(b) A new home.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A job.
2. What does Diggory deduce?
(a) Thomasin misses her husband.
(b) Eustacia is still in love with Clym.
(c) Eustacia is unhappy.
(d) The man he sees with Eustacia is Wildeve.
3. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
(a) Create a Maypole.
(b) Build large bonfires.
(c) Perform plays.
(d) Sacrifice animals to the gods.
4. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
(a) He moves back to Paris.
(b) He works as a reddleman.
(c) He becomes a furze-cutter.
(d) He leaves Eustacia.
5. How does she find some rest?
(a) At a nearby cottage.
(b) By a stream.
(c) In the shade of a tree.
(d) In the inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a group of people doing?
2. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
3. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
4. Who does Eustacia encounter?
5. Why is Clym deeply resolved to do something significant on his own terms?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)