|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Thomasin having a difficult time?
(a) Her husband will not give her any spending money.
(b) She does not love her husband.
(c) She worries about Clym.
(d) She does not like Eustacia.
2. How is the location introduced?
(a) As almost a character itself.
(b) As a beautiful tourist hideaway.
(c) As a small village in Italy.
(d) Very vaguely.
3. What do some of the locals notice about Clym?
(a) He has spent more time than usual visiting.
(b) He misses Paris.
(c) He wants to marry.
(d) He seems unhappy.
4. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
(a) She is left in an orphanage.
(b) She is left in the care of the Yeobrights.
(c) She is left in the care of her grandfather.
(d) She is left to raise herself.
5. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) He tells her nothing.
(b) All that he has heard and that his offer of marriage still stands.
(c) He tells her he no longer wants to marry Thomasin.
(d) Some of what he has heard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mrs. Yeobright when she hears the news about Clym and Eustacia?
2. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright refuse to do?
4. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
5. What does Thomasin wistfully ask Diggory?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)