|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
(a) His home.
(b) The inn.
(d) The woods.
2. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
(a) It is covered in gun powder.
(b) It smells of leather and polish.
(c) It is covered in wood shavings.
(d) It has all taken on the same color.
3. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
(a) He is the best furze-cutter they know.
(b) He is rude, unkind, and egotistical.
(c) They hope he will stay in the heath for awhile and teach them French.
(d) They mention his work, his ability to speak French, and the glamorous life he leads in Paris.
4. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
(a) She loves Damon and wants to marry him as soon as possible.
(b) She steals her cousin's money to pay for the wedding.
(c) She wishes to preserve the dignity of her family at all costs.
(d) She knows her cousin does not approve of Damon.
5. What does the gossiping group mention?
(a) The beautiful white moon.
(b) The furze-cutting business.
(c) The beautiful Eustacia.
(d) That the aunt and guardian does not approve of the union.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Eustacia feeling?
2. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
3. Who is the furze-cutter Mrs. Yeobright sees?
4. Why has the passion between Clym and Eustacia faded?
5. Why is Clym unable to continue his studies temporarily?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)