|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
(a) She is buying a new home.
(b) She is not sure when Clym will return.
(c) She changed her mind about her resistance to the marriage and gave her consent.
(d) She still does not approve of the marriage.
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
(a) Her inheritance money.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A new home.
(d) A job.
3. Why does Diggory hide?
(a) He hears a caravan going by.
(b) He does not want Thomasin to catch him.
(c) To listen to Eustacia and Wildeve's conversation.
(d) To avoid speaking to little Johnny.
4. What is Mrs. Yeobright resolved to do?
(a) Tell her son how she feels.
(b) Reconcile with her son and daughter-in-law.
(c) Tell Thomasin to leave Wildeve.
(d) Break up her son and Eustacia's marriage.
5. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
(a) She is in love with Clym.
(b) She knows she will never find another man.
(c) She wants to get married.
(d) She is sure Clym will take her to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
2. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
3. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
4. What is a reddleman?
5. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)