|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Eustacia have reservations?
(a) Marrying Clym.
(b) Moving to Paris.
(c) Living in a small cottage.
(d) Leaving her home.
2. What is furze cutting?
(a) Trimming the tops of fir trees.
(b) Skipping school or class.
(c) Cutting a rough, grassy shrub.
(d) Cutting sheep's wool.
3. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
(a) Urge Wildeve to follow through with his marriage promise.
(b) Marry Wildeve.
(c) Tell Thomasin how awful Wildeve is.
(d) Run away to Paris.
4. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) An induction ceremony.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A swimning event.
5. How does Clym's mother react when he tells her about his plans?
(a) She is very excited.
(b) She is stunned and agitated.
(c) She is pleasantly surprised.
(d) She is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is expected of Clym?
2. What does Clym do one night while he and Eustacia are watching an eclipse?
3. Where does Clym want to move when he becomes a teacher?
4. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
5. Who is supervising the furze cutters' work?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)