|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
(b) Learning how to cast spells.
(c) Sleeping by the fire.
(d) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
2. What is a mummery?
(a) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
(b) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
(c) A place where nuns live.
(d) A female mummy.
3. Why does Diggory hide?
(a) He hears a caravan going by.
(b) He does not want Thomasin to catch him.
(c) To listen to Eustacia and Wildeve's conversation.
(d) To avoid speaking to little Johnny.
4. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
(a) She is left in the care of the Yeobrights.
(b) She is left to raise herself.
(c) She is left in an orphanage.
(d) She is left in the care of her grandfather.
5. Why is Diggory disappointed?
(a) Damon will not marry Thomasin.
(b) Thomasin still does not love him.
(c) Mrs. Yeobright is preventing him from marrying Thomasin.
(d) He and Damon race to Thomasin, and Damon arrives first and has already secured her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is supervising the furze cutters' work?
2. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
3. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
4. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
5. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)