|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Humphrey and Sam?
2. Why are Wildeve's passions for Eustacia renewed?
(a) He no longer loves Thomasin.
(b) She agrees to meet with him secretly.
(c) She belongs to another.
(d) She has grown more beautiful.
3. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
(a) She loves Damon and wants to marry him as soon as possible.
(b) She knows her cousin does not approve of Damon.
(c) She wishes to preserve the dignity of her family at all costs.
(d) She steals her cousin's money to pay for the wedding.
4. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
(a) Johnny stole something from Diggory Venn.
(b) Johnny thinks him to be an apparition.
(c) He is mean and loves to pick on little boys.
(d) He has a secret he is not sure if he should tell.
5. What does Clym do one night while he and Eustacia are watching an eclipse?
(a) He tells her he is not returning to Paris.
(b) He breaks up with her.
(c) He proposes to her.
(d) He tells her he is in love with Thomasin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
2. How does Mrs. Yeobright feel about Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
3. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
4. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
5. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)