|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright give Christian?
(a) An apology letter for Eustacia.
(b) A note for Clym.
(c) A letter stating she approves of the marriage.
(d) Thomasin's inheritance and fifty guineas for Clym.
2. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
(a) His home.
(b) The inn.
(d) The woods.
3. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
(a) He is intrigued by the mention of her beauty.
(b) He is angry with her about her treatment of Thomasin.
(c) He has loved her since grade school.
(d) She seems unique.
4. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Sleeping by the fire.
(b) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
(c) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
(d) Learning how to cast spells.
5. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
(a) Tell Clym she is available.
(b) Sit by her at the play.
(c) Hold her hand.
(d) Lend her his disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
2. Why does Diggory hide?
3. Why is Diggory disappointed?
4. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
5. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)