|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
(a) They have been enemies their entire lives.
(b) Eustacia wants Wildeve to confess that he loves her more than his fiancee.
(c) They both want to purchase the same home.
(d) Wildeve wants Eustacia to confess her love for him.
2. Who is Christian Cantle?
(a) Thomasin's cousin.
(b) A rather dim boy.
(c) A groomsman at the wedding.
(d) The pastor.
3. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
(a) She hates Damon and hopes he marries Thomasin.
(b) She is no longer willing to continue their secret meetings.
(c) She wants to marry him.
(d) She hopes that even when he is married, he will secretly meet her.
4. Why does Clym spend many hours reading?
(a) He has nothing better to do.
(b) He is still learning to read.
(c) He is studying to become a teacher.
(d) He loves to read.
5. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A wedding.
(c) An induction ceremony.
(d) A swimning event.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
2. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
4. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
5. What does the gossiping group mention?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)