|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
(a) It annoys her and makes her realize she loves Damon.
(b) It make her anxious and nervous to meet Clym.
(c) It sets her off in a state of excitement based on her fantasy of him.
(d) It makes her doubt her love for him.
2. Why are Wildeve's passions for Eustacia renewed?
(a) She belongs to another.
(b) He no longer loves Thomasin.
(c) She has grown more beautiful.
(d) She agrees to meet with him secretly.
3. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
(a) She views him as someone else's second best.
(b) He is unattractive.
(c) He is not leaving the heath.
(d) He is in love with Thomasin.
4. What is the "article" Wildeve comes to collect from Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Thomasin's inheritance.
(b) Baby clothes.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Her jewelry.
5. How is the location introduced?
(a) Very vaguely.
(b) As a small village in Italy.
(c) As a beautiful tourist hideaway.
(d) As almost a character itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
2. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
3. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
4. What do others do when they recognize it is Eustacia?
5. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)