|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a mummery?
(a) A place where nuns live.
(b) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
(c) A female mummy.
(d) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
2. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
(a) She hates Damon and hopes he marries Thomasin.
(b) She hopes that even when he is married, he will secretly meet her.
(c) She is no longer willing to continue their secret meetings.
(d) She wants to marry him.
3. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
(a) Wildeve wants Eustacia to confess her love for him.
(b) Eustacia wants Wildeve to confess that he loves her more than his fiancee.
(c) They both want to purchase the same home.
(d) They have been enemies their entire lives.
4. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
(a) She is left in the care of her grandfather.
(b) She is left in the care of the Yeobrights.
(c) She is left to raise herself.
(d) She is left in an orphanage.
5. Where does Clym want to move when he becomes a teacher?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
2. Why does the marriage not take place?
3. What are Humphrey and Sam?
4. Why does Damon say he is confused?
5. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)