|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Diggory hide?
(a) To avoid speaking to little Johnny.
(b) He hears a caravan going by.
(c) To listen to Eustacia and Wildeve's conversation.
(d) He does not want Thomasin to catch him.
2. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) An induction ceremony.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A swimning event.
(d) A wedding.
3. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
(a) She accepts his marriage proposal, although she does not love him.
(b) She tutors him while they in school and stands up for him when he is teased.
(c) She visits frequently and brings fresh biscuits and jam.
(d) She turns down his marriage proposal in a kind letter, trying not to hurt his feelings.
4. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
(a) Marry Wildeve.
(b) Urge Wildeve to follow through with his marriage promise.
(c) Run away to Paris.
(d) Tell Thomasin how awful Wildeve is.
5. What does Clym do one night while he and Eustacia are watching an eclipse?
(a) He tells her he is in love with Thomasin.
(b) He tells her he is not returning to Paris.
(c) He proposes to her.
(d) He breaks up with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright refuse to do?
2. What do others do when they recognize it is Eustacia?
3. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
4. What is a reddleman?
5. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)