|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) A swimning event.
(b) A funeral.
(c) An induction ceremony.
(d) A wedding.
2. What does Clym do one night while he and Eustacia are watching an eclipse?
(a) He proposes to her.
(b) He breaks up with her.
(c) He tells her he is in love with Thomasin.
(d) He tells her he is not returning to Paris.
3. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
(a) A traditional ceremony with the town in attendance.
(b) A large ceremony with many brides maids.
(c) A small ceremony performed at home.
(d) The smallest of ceremonies with no attendant.
4. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
(a) Thomasin wants to marry Clym.
(b) Thomasin does not want Clym to ever know.
(c) Thomasin wants to talk to Clym herself.
(d) Thomasin wants Damon to speak with Clym.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
(a) The suitor is Diggory.
(b) Wildeve has proposed to Eustacia.
(c) She is allowing Damon to marry Thomasin for her money.
(d) Thomasin will be marrying Venn in two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rainbarrow?
2. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
3. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
4. Why does Clym spend many hours reading?
5. Why is this expected of him?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)