|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is furze cutting?
(a) Cutting a rough, grassy shrub.
(b) Cutting sheep's wool.
(c) Skipping school or class.
(d) Trimming the tops of fir trees.
2. Why does Clym spend many hours reading?
(a) He has nothing better to do.
(b) He is still learning to read.
(c) He is studying to become a teacher.
(d) He loves to read.
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
(a) Thomasin will be marrying Venn in two days.
(b) The suitor is Diggory.
(c) She is allowing Damon to marry Thomasin for her money.
(d) Wildeve has proposed to Eustacia.
4. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
5. What is expected of Clym?
(a) To settle at Egdon Heath.
(b) To be a family man.
(c) Not much.
(d) Great things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright refuse to do?
2. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
3. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
4. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
5. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)