|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
(a) Thomasin does not want Clym to ever know.
(b) Thomasin wants Damon to speak with Clym.
(c) Thomasin wants to marry Clym.
(d) Thomasin wants to talk to Clym herself.
2. What is a mummery?
(a) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
(b) A female mummy.
(c) A place where nuns live.
(d) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
3. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) He tells her he no longer wants to marry Thomasin.
(b) He tells her nothing.
(c) Some of what he has heard.
(d) All that he has heard and that his offer of marriage still stands.
4. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) A wedding.
(b) An induction ceremony.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A swimning event.
5. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
(a) He considers her a friend.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He is embarrassed for her.
(d) He is a kind man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
2. How does Clym perceive her?
3. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
4. Why is this expected of him?
5. Why does the marriage not take place?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)