|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
(a) He is lost.
(b) He is late to the wedding.
(c) Damon wins the money.
(d) He has lost the money in the creek.
2. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
(b) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
(c) Learning how to cast spells.
(d) Sleeping by the fire.
3. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
(a) The furze-cutters tell her she is is attractive.
(b) The furze-cutters tell her she would make a good furze-cutter.
(c) Clym says he thinks she is beautiful.
(d) The two furze-cutters think Clym and Eustacia seem to be two of a kind.
4. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
(a) Her lost inheritance.
(b) How much she misses him.
(c) Her move to Paris.
(d) Her uncertain marriage to Wildeve.
5. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
(a) It is covered in wood shavings.
(b) It has all taken on the same color.
(c) It smells of leather and polish.
(d) It is covered in gun powder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
2. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
3. What does Clym do one night while he and Eustacia are watching an eclipse?
4. What is Eustacia doing?
5. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)