|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this expected of him?
(a) Everyone settles down at Egdon Heath.
(b) His mother wants grandchildren.
(c) His physical beauty and many advantages in life.
(d) He is not intelligent.
2. For what does the boy ask in exchange?
(a) Fifty guineas.
(b) A chance to hold Eustacia's hand for a few minutes.
(c) A kiss.
(d) Clym's autograph.
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A job.
(c) A new home.
(d) Her inheritance money.
4. Why does Mrs. Yeobright say Clym is no longer allowed in her house?
(a) He is not returning to Paris.
(b) He has lied to her.
(c) He is stealing from her.
(d) He and Eustacia are getting married.
5. What does the gossiping group mention?
(a) The furze-cutting business.
(b) The beautiful white moon.
(c) The beautiful Eustacia.
(d) That the aunt and guardian does not approve of the union.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
2. What do some of the locals notice about Clym?
3. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
4. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
5. Why is Diggory disappointed?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)