|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
(a) He has to watch the inn.
(b) He is unsure how he would react to seeing her wed.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) He hates Clym.
2. Why does Mrs. Yeobright say Clym is no longer allowed in her house?
(a) He is not returning to Paris.
(b) He is stealing from her.
(c) He and Eustacia are getting married.
(d) He has lied to her.
3. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
(a) The different location of the marriage license.
(b) The new priest performing the ceremony.
(c) The loss of the rings for the marriage.
(d) The lack of Mrs. Yeobright's approval.
4. What does Clym do one night while he and Eustacia are watching an eclipse?
(a) He tells her he is in love with Thomasin.
(b) He proposes to her.
(c) He breaks up with her.
(d) He tells her he is not returning to Paris.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright give Christian?
(a) A note for Clym.
(b) An apology letter for Eustacia.
(c) A letter stating she approves of the marriage.
(d) Thomasin's inheritance and fifty guineas for Clym.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the location introduced?
2. What does Clym suggest to Eustacia after his argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
3. How does Mrs. Yeobright feel about Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
4. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
5. For what does the boy ask in exchange?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)