|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
(a) She hates Damon and hopes he marries Thomasin.
(b) She hopes that even when he is married, he will secretly meet her.
(c) She wants to marry him.
(d) She is no longer willing to continue their secret meetings.
2. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
(a) She wants to get married.
(b) She knows she will never find another man.
(c) She is sure Clym will take her to Paris.
(d) She is in love with Clym.
3. What has Susan Nonsuch done to Eustacia?
(a) Shot her in the side.
(b) Burned her home down.
(c) Stabbed her in the side with a needle.
(d) Blackmailed her.
4. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
(a) The furze-cutters tell her she is is attractive.
(b) The furze-cutters tell her she would make a good furze-cutter.
(c) The two furze-cutters think Clym and Eustacia seem to be two of a kind.
(d) Clym says he thinks she is beautiful.
5. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
(b) The inn.
(c) The woods.
(d) His home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright give Christian?
2. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
3. What is Eustacia doing?
4. Where is Mrs. Yeobright when she hears the news about Clym and Eustacia?
5. What is the "article" Wildeve comes to collect from Mrs. Yeobright?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)