|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a group of people doing?
(a) Reading traditional books.
(b) Mourning the death of the Captain.
(c) Sleeping on small cots.
(d) Singing folk tunes and dancing.
2. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
(a) They mention his work, his ability to speak French, and the glamorous life he leads in Paris.
(b) They hope he will stay in the heath for awhile and teach them French.
(c) He is rude, unkind, and egotistical.
(d) He is the best furze-cutter they know.
3. Why does Diggory hide?
(a) To avoid speaking to little Johnny.
(b) To listen to Eustacia and Wildeve's conversation.
(c) He hears a caravan going by.
(d) He does not want Thomasin to catch him.
4. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
(a) Build large bonfires.
(b) Create a Maypole.
(c) Perform plays.
(d) Sacrifice animals to the gods.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright refuse to do?
(a) Accept that Thomasin will be attending the wedding.
(b) Attend Clym and Eustacia's wedding.
(c) Allow Clym to move out of her home.
(d) Allow Clym to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clym do one night while he and Eustacia are watching an eclipse?
2. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
3. How does Clym perceive her?
4. Why is Thomasin having a difficult time?
5. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)