|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "article" Wildeve comes to collect from Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Baby clothes.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Thomasin's inheritance.
2. What does the gossiping group mention?
(a) The furze-cutting business.
(b) That the aunt and guardian does not approve of the union.
(c) The beautiful white moon.
(d) The beautiful Eustacia.
3. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
(a) The different location of the marriage license.
(b) The new priest performing the ceremony.
(c) The lack of Mrs. Yeobright's approval.
(d) The loss of the rings for the marriage.
4. Where does Clym want to move when he becomes a teacher?
5. Why does Clym join the group to help get the bucket out of Eustacia's well?
(a) He wants to see her.
(b) He wants to be helpful.
(c) He wants to meet her grandfather.
(d) He wants to feel needed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
2. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
3. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
4. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
5. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)