|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eustacia worry about Clym falling in love with Thomasin?
(a) She is kind.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) They live in the same house.
(d) They are cousins.
2. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
(a) Thomasin wants to marry Clym.
(b) Thomasin wants Damon to speak with Clym.
(c) Thomasin does not want Clym to ever know.
(d) Thomasin wants to talk to Clym herself.
3. Why does the marriage not take place?
(a) Mrs. Yeobright does not allow Thomasin to marry.
(b) They get lost on the way to the chapel.
(c) There is a difficulty with the marriage license.
(d) Thomasin decides she does not want to marry Damon.
4. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
(a) Hold her hand.
(b) Lend her his disguise.
(c) Tell Clym she is available.
(d) Sit by her at the play.
5. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
(a) It is cute and quaint.
(b) She does not like it.
(c) It is home.
(d) She loves it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
2. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
3. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
4. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
5. Where does "The Return of the Native" take place?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)