|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
(a) To offer a song to the newlyweds.
(b) To speak with her about her new husband.
(c) To annoy the newlyweds.
(d) To have a party.
2. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright give Christian?
(a) Thomasin's inheritance and fifty guineas for Clym.
(b) A letter stating she approves of the marriage.
(c) An apology letter for Eustacia.
(d) A note for Clym.
4. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Learning how to cast spells.
(b) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
(c) Sleeping by the fire.
(d) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
5. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
(a) He has to watch the inn.
(b) He is not feeling well.
(c) He hates Clym.
(d) He is unsure how he would react to seeing her wed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clym perceive her?
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright refuse to do?
4. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
5. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)