|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
(b) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
(c) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
(d) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
2. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
(a) The new priest performing the ceremony.
(b) The lack of Mrs. Yeobright's approval.
(c) The loss of the rings for the marriage.
(d) The different location of the marriage license.
3. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
(a) A large ceremony with many brides maids.
(b) A small ceremony performed at home.
(c) The smallest of ceremonies with no attendant.
(d) A traditional ceremony with the town in attendance.
4. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
(a) Her uncertain marriage to Wildeve.
(b) Her lost inheritance.
(c) How much she misses him.
(d) Her move to Paris.
5. How does Clym perceive her?
(a) As a beautiful goddess.
(b) As a woman disguised as a man.
(c) As a woman he used to know.
(d) As a nuisance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rainbarrow?
2. What is a reddleman?
3. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
4. What are Humphrey and Sam?
5. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)