|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) A wedding.
(b) An induction ceremony.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A swimning event.
2. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
(a) It sets her off in a state of excitement based on her fantasy of him.
(b) It annoys her and makes her realize she loves Damon.
(c) It make her anxious and nervous to meet Clym.
(d) It makes her doubt her love for him.
3. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
(a) Her lost inheritance.
(b) How much she misses him.
(c) Her move to Paris.
(d) Her uncertain marriage to Wildeve.
4. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
(a) His cousin, Thomasin, is jilted on her wedding day.
(b) Thomasin has married Damon.
(c) Thomasin has taken his money.
(d) Thomasin is secretly in love with Diggory.
5. Why does the marriage not take place?
(a) Mrs. Yeobright does not allow Thomasin to marry.
(b) Thomasin decides she does not want to marry Damon.
(c) There is a difficulty with the marriage license.
(d) They get lost on the way to the chapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
2. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
3. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
4. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
5. How does Clym perceive her?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)