|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the marriage not take place?
(a) Thomasin decides she does not want to marry Damon.
(b) Mrs. Yeobright does not allow Thomasin to marry.
(c) They get lost on the way to the chapel.
(d) There is a difficulty with the marriage license.
2. Who is supervising the furze cutters' work?
(a) Diggory Venn.
(b) Damon Wildeve.
(c) Eustacia Vye.
(d) Captain Vye.
3. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Sleeping by the fire.
(b) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
(c) Learning how to cast spells.
(d) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
4. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
(a) She loves to exercise.
(b) She hopes to run into Thomasin.
(c) She enjoys being outdoors.
(d) To try to run into Clym.
5. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
(a) The loss of the rings for the marriage.
(b) The lack of Mrs. Yeobright's approval.
(c) The new priest performing the ceremony.
(d) The different location of the marriage license.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
2. For what does the boy ask in exchange?
3. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
5. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)