|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clym perceive her?
(a) As a nuisance.
(b) As a woman he used to know.
(c) As a woman disguised as a man.
(d) As a beautiful goddess.
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
(a) The suitor is Diggory.
(b) She is allowing Damon to marry Thomasin for her money.
(c) Thomasin will be marrying Venn in two days.
(d) Wildeve has proposed to Eustacia.
3. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
(a) She celebrates.
(b) She fights with Damon.
(c) She shrugs and walks home.
(d) She becomes very agitated and runs away.
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright reveal to Thomasin?
(a) She has mentioned to Wildeve that there is another suitor.
(b) Diggory Venn wants to marry her.
(c) Wildeve wants to marry her for her money.
(d) Wildeve is in love with Eustacia.
5. Why is Diggory disappointed?
(a) Damon will not marry Thomasin.
(b) Thomasin still does not love him.
(c) He and Damon race to Thomasin, and Damon arrives first and has already secured her hand.
(d) Mrs. Yeobright is preventing him from marrying Thomasin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Humphrey and Sam?
2. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
3. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
4. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
5. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)