|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
(a) She is buying a new home.
(b) She is not sure when Clym will return.
(c) She still does not approve of the marriage.
(d) She changed her mind about her resistance to the marriage and gave her consent.
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
(a) The suitor is Diggory.
(b) Wildeve has proposed to Eustacia.
(c) Thomasin will be marrying Venn in two days.
(d) She is allowing Damon to marry Thomasin for her money.
3. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
(a) It annoys her and makes her realize she loves Damon.
(b) It make her anxious and nervous to meet Clym.
(c) It sets her off in a state of excitement based on her fantasy of him.
(d) It makes her doubt her love for him.
4. What is Rainbarrow?
(a) The highest point in the heath.
(b) Thomasin's last name.
(c) The name of the inn.
(d) The town.
5. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
(a) Her uncertain marriage to Wildeve.
(b) How much she misses him.
(c) Her lost inheritance.
(d) Her move to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
2. What is a mummery?
3. How does Clym perceive her?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright reveal to Thomasin?
5. Why is Diggory disappointed?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)