|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eustacia worry about Clym falling in love with Thomasin?
(a) They live in the same house.
(b) She is kind.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) They are cousins.
2. What is furze cutting?
(a) Skipping school or class.
(b) Cutting a rough, grassy shrub.
(c) Cutting sheep's wool.
(d) Trimming the tops of fir trees.
3. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
(a) How much she misses him.
(b) Her lost inheritance.
(c) Her move to Paris.
(d) Her uncertain marriage to Wildeve.
4. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
(a) Supposedly by coincidence.
(b) She tries to stop the wedding.
(c) She is Thomasin's maid of honor.
(d) To serve as a witness.
5. Why does the marriage not take place?
(a) Thomasin decides she does not want to marry Damon.
(b) They get lost on the way to the chapel.
(c) Mrs. Yeobright does not allow Thomasin to marry.
(d) There is a difficulty with the marriage license.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do others do when they recognize it is Eustacia?
2. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
3. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
4. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
5. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)