|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
(b) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
(c) Clym is in the play.
(d) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
2. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
(a) Marry Wildeve.
(b) Run away to Paris.
(c) Tell Thomasin how awful Wildeve is.
(d) Urge Wildeve to follow through with his marriage promise.
3. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Learning how to cast spells.
(b) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
(c) Sleeping by the fire.
(d) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
4. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
(a) She tutors him while they in school and stands up for him when he is teased.
(b) She turns down his marriage proposal in a kind letter, trying not to hurt his feelings.
(c) She visits frequently and brings fresh biscuits and jam.
(d) She accepts his marriage proposal, although she does not love him.
5. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) All that he has heard and that his offer of marriage still stands.
(b) Some of what he has heard.
(c) He tells her he no longer wants to marry Thomasin.
(d) He tells her nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
2. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
3. What is a mummery?
4. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
5. How does Clym perceive her?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)