|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eustacia doing?
(a) Plowing the field.
(b) Packing for a move to Paris.
(c) Looking through a telescope in the direction of the inn.
(d) Visiting her uncle.
2. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
(a) She hopes to run into Thomasin.
(b) She enjoys being outdoors.
(c) She loves to exercise.
(d) To try to run into Clym.
3. Where does "The Return of the Native" take place?
(b) Edgon Heath.
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
(a) She is not sure when Clym will return.
(b) She changed her mind about her resistance to the marriage and gave her consent.
(c) She still does not approve of the marriage.
(d) She is buying a new home.
5. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
(a) To serve as a witness.
(b) Supposedly by coincidence.
(c) She tries to stop the wedding.
(d) She is Thomasin's maid of honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Damon say he is confused?
2. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
3. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright reveal to Thomasin?
5. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)