|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a group of people doing?
(a) Singing folk tunes and dancing.
(b) Sleeping on small cots.
(c) Mourning the death of the Captain.
(d) Reading traditional books.
2. Why is Diggory disappointed?
(a) Damon will not marry Thomasin.
(b) Mrs. Yeobright is preventing him from marrying Thomasin.
(c) Thomasin still does not love him.
(d) He and Damon race to Thomasin, and Damon arrives first and has already secured her hand.
3. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
(b) Learning how to cast spells.
(c) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
(d) Sleeping by the fire.
4. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
(a) It does not run deep.
(b) She does not love him at all.
(c) She will love him forever.
(d) It is very strong.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright reveal to Thomasin?
(a) Wildeve wants to marry her for her money.
(b) She has mentioned to Wildeve that there is another suitor.
(c) Diggory Venn wants to marry her.
(d) Wildeve is in love with Eustacia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
2. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
3. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
4. What is a reddleman?
5. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)