|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
(a) Run away to Paris.
(b) Marry Wildeve.
(c) Urge Wildeve to follow through with his marriage promise.
(d) Tell Thomasin how awful Wildeve is.
2. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
(a) Hold her hand.
(b) Tell Clym she is available.
(c) Lend her his disguise.
(d) Sit by her at the play.
3. What are Humphrey and Sam?
4. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
(a) Clym says he thinks she is beautiful.
(b) The two furze-cutters think Clym and Eustacia seem to be two of a kind.
(c) The furze-cutters tell her she would make a good furze-cutter.
(d) The furze-cutters tell her she is is attractive.
5. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
(a) It sets her off in a state of excitement based on her fantasy of him.
(b) It make her anxious and nervous to meet Clym.
(c) It annoys her and makes her realize she loves Damon.
(d) It makes her doubt her love for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eustacia doing?
2. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
3. What does the gossiping group mention?
4. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
5. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)