|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
(a) They mention his work, his ability to speak French, and the glamorous life he leads in Paris.
(b) They hope he will stay in the heath for awhile and teach them French.
(c) He is rude, unkind, and egotistical.
(d) He is the best furze-cutter they know.
2. Why is Diggory disappointed?
(a) Damon will not marry Thomasin.
(b) He and Damon race to Thomasin, and Damon arrives first and has already secured her hand.
(c) Mrs. Yeobright is preventing him from marrying Thomasin.
(d) Thomasin still does not love him.
3. What is a group of people doing?
(a) Singing folk tunes and dancing.
(b) Sleeping on small cots.
(c) Reading traditional books.
(d) Mourning the death of the Captain.
4. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
(a) She is no longer willing to continue their secret meetings.
(b) She hopes that even when he is married, he will secretly meet her.
(c) She hates Damon and hopes he marries Thomasin.
(d) She wants to marry him.
5. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) Clym is in the play.
(b) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
(c) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
(d) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
2. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
3. How is the location introduced?
4. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
5. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)