|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
(a) It has all taken on the same color.
(b) It is covered in wood shavings.
(c) It is covered in gun powder.
(d) It smells of leather and polish.
2. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
(b) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
(c) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
(d) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
3. What is a mummery?
(a) A place where nuns live.
(b) A female mummy.
(c) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
(d) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
4. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
(a) He has a secret he is not sure if he should tell.
(b) He is mean and loves to pick on little boys.
(c) Johnny stole something from Diggory Venn.
(d) Johnny thinks him to be an apparition.
5. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
(a) Wildeve wants Eustacia to confess her love for him.
(b) They both want to purchase the same home.
(c) They have been enemies their entire lives.
(d) Eustacia wants Wildeve to confess that he loves her more than his fiancee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
2. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
3. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
4. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
5. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)