|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Humphrey and Sam?
2. What is furze cutting?
(a) Cutting sheep's wool.
(b) Trimming the tops of fir trees.
(c) Skipping school or class.
(d) Cutting a rough, grassy shrub.
3. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Learning how to cast spells.
(b) Sleeping by the fire.
(c) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
(d) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
4. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
(a) Her uncertain marriage to Wildeve.
(b) How much she misses him.
(c) Her move to Paris.
(d) Her lost inheritance.
5. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
(a) Eustacia wants Wildeve to confess that he loves her more than his fiancee.
(b) Wildeve wants Eustacia to confess her love for him.
(c) They both want to purchase the same home.
(d) They have been enemies their entire lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
2. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
3. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
4. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
5. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)