|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is furze cutting?
(a) Cutting sheep's wool.
(b) Trimming the tops of fir trees.
(c) Skipping school or class.
(d) Cutting a rough, grassy shrub.
2. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
(a) Thomasin does not want Clym to ever know.
(b) Thomasin wants to marry Clym.
(c) Thomasin wants Damon to speak with Clym.
(d) Thomasin wants to talk to Clym herself.
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
(a) She is buying a new home.
(b) She changed her mind about her resistance to the marriage and gave her consent.
(c) She is not sure when Clym will return.
(d) She still does not approve of the marriage.
4. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
(a) Thomasin has taken his money.
(b) Thomasin is secretly in love with Diggory.
(c) Thomasin has married Damon.
(d) His cousin, Thomasin, is jilted on her wedding day.
5. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A swimning event.
(d) An induction ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright reveal to Thomasin?
2. What is Eustacia doing?
3. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
4. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
5. Why does Diggory hide?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)