|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
(b) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
(c) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
(d) Clym is in the play.
2. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
(a) She is no longer willing to continue their secret meetings.
(b) She hopes that even when he is married, he will secretly meet her.
(c) She wants to marry him.
(d) She hates Damon and hopes he marries Thomasin.
3. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
(a) It is cute and quaint.
(b) She loves it.
(c) It is home.
(d) She does not like it.
4. What does the gossiping group mention?
(a) That the aunt and guardian does not approve of the union.
(b) The beautiful white moon.
(c) The beautiful Eustacia.
(d) The furze-cutting business.
5. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
(b) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
(c) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
(d) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright reveal to Thomasin?
2. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
3. Who is supervising the furze cutters' work?
4. How does Clym perceive her?
5. What do others do when they recognize it is Eustacia?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)