|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
(a) She loves to act.
(b) So she may see Clym.
(c) She wants to be the center of attention.
(d) It is her favorite play.
2. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
(b) A celebration in the town hall.
(c) Mrs. Yeobright's Christmas party.
3. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
4. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
(a) The loss of the rings for the marriage.
(b) The different location of the marriage license.
(c) The new priest performing the ceremony.
(d) The lack of Mrs. Yeobright's approval.
5. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
(a) She is left to raise herself.
(b) She is left in the care of her grandfather.
(c) She is left in the care of the Yeobrights.
(d) She is left in an orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
2. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
3. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
4. Where does "The Return of the Native" take place?
5. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)