|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Humphrey and Sam?
2. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
(a) He considers her a friend.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He is a kind man.
(d) He is embarrassed for her.
3. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
(a) Thomasin wants to talk to Clym herself.
(b) Thomasin wants to marry Clym.
(c) Thomasin wants Damon to speak with Clym.
(d) Thomasin does not want Clym to ever know.
4. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
(a) A small cottage.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A lone pine tree.
(d) A lone female figure.
5. Why does Diggory hide?
(a) To listen to Eustacia and Wildeve's conversation.
(b) He hears a caravan going by.
(c) To avoid speaking to little Johnny.
(d) He does not want Thomasin to catch him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
2. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
3. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
4. What is to have taken place that day?
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)