|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a group of people doing?
(a) Reading traditional books.
(b) Singing folk tunes and dancing.
(c) Sleeping on small cots.
(d) Mourning the death of the Captain.
2. For what does the boy ask in exchange?
(a) A kiss.
(b) Clym's autograph.
(c) A chance to hold Eustacia's hand for a few minutes.
(d) Fifty guineas.
3. Why does the marriage not take place?
(a) Mrs. Yeobright does not allow Thomasin to marry.
(b) They get lost on the way to the chapel.
(c) There is a difficulty with the marriage license.
(d) Thomasin decides she does not want to marry Damon.
4. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
(a) A lone female figure.
(b) A small cottage.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A lone pine tree.
5. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
(a) To speak with her about her new husband.
(b) To annoy the newlyweds.
(c) To have a party.
(d) To offer a song to the newlyweds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
2. Why is Diggory disappointed?
3. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
4. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
5. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)