|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eustacia doing?
(a) Looking through a telescope in the direction of the inn.
(b) Visiting her uncle.
(c) Plowing the field.
(d) Packing for a move to Paris.
2. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
(b) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
(c) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
(d) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
3. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
(a) Tell Clym she is available.
(b) Lend her his disguise.
(c) Sit by her at the play.
(d) Hold her hand.
4. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
(a) Johnny thinks him to be an apparition.
(b) He is mean and loves to pick on little boys.
(c) He has a secret he is not sure if he should tell.
(d) Johnny stole something from Diggory Venn.
5. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
(a) A large ceremony with many brides maids.
(b) The smallest of ceremonies with no attendant.
(c) A small ceremony performed at home.
(d) A traditional ceremony with the town in attendance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Diggory disappointed?
2. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
3. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
4. For what does the boy ask in exchange?
5. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)