Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
(a) He is not leaving the heath.
(b) He is unattractive.
(c) He is in love with Thomasin.
(d) She views him as someone else's second best.
2. How does Mrs. Yeobright offend Eustacia.
(a) She tells her she is a poor excuse for a wife.
(b) She believes Eustacia has a new lover.
(c) She tells her she is an awful cook.
(d) She believes Eustacia has Clym's money.
3. What is the date of the bonfire?
(a) November 5.
(b) December 5.
(c) October 31.
(d) November 31.
4. Why is Clym singing?
(a) He loves to sing.
(b) It is Eustacia's favorite song.
(c) He has found a job as a singing telegram.
(d) He is content with working as a furze-cutter.
5. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) She is in love with Damon.
(b) She would never have married Clym, if she had known he was staying in the heath.
(c) Nothing could ever have stopped her from marrying Clym.
(d) She does not love Clym.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clym react when he realizes Eustacia is to blame for his mother's death?
2. What does Clym give of Eustacia's?
3. Where does Clym want to move when he becomes a teacher?
4. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
5. What does Thomasin do during the dance?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)