Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
(a) The different location of the marriage license.
(b) The new priest performing the ceremony.
(c) The lack of Mrs. Yeobright's approval.
(d) The loss of the rings for the marriage.
2. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
(a) Tell Clym she is available.
(b) Lend her his disguise.
(c) Hold her hand.
(d) Sit by her at the play.
3. How does Clym's mother react when he tells her about his plans?
(a) She is stunned and agitated.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is very excited.
(d) She is pleasantly surprised.
4. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
(a) She loves to act.
(b) She wants to be the center of attention.
(c) It is her favorite play.
(d) So she may see Clym.
5. What is a mummery?
(a) A place where nuns live.
(b) A female mummy.
(c) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
(d) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this expected of him?
2. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
3. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
4. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
5. Why is Damon irritated?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)