Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
(a) A small cottage.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A lone pine tree.
(d) A lone female figure.
2. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
(a) The loss of the rings for the marriage.
(b) The new priest performing the ceremony.
(c) The lack of Mrs. Yeobright's approval.
(d) The different location of the marriage license.
3. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
(a) She is left in the care of the Yeobrights.
(b) She is left to raise herself.
(c) She is left in the care of her grandfather.
(d) She is left in an orphanage.
4. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
(b) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
(c) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
(d) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
5. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
(a) Urge Wildeve to follow through with his marriage promise.
(b) Marry Wildeve.
(c) Tell Thomasin how awful Wildeve is.
(d) Run away to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
2. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
3. Why does the marriage not take place?
4. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
5. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)