|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
(a) He hates Clym.
(b) He is not feeling well.
(c) He has to watch the inn.
(d) He is unsure how he would react to seeing her wed.
2. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
(a) He has loved her since grade school.
(b) She seems unique.
(c) He is intrigued by the mention of her beauty.
(d) He is angry with her about her treatment of Thomasin.
3. Where is Mrs. Yeobright when she hears the news about Clym and Eustacia?
(a) At home.
(b) In the garden.
(c) The inn.
(d) At Olly's home.
4. Why is Clym singing?
(a) He loves to sing.
(b) He is content with working as a furze-cutter.
(c) He has found a job as a singing telegram.
(d) It is Eustacia's favorite song.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright decide to do the next day?
(a) Go to Thomasin.
(b) Go to Paris.
(c) Go to Diggory.
(d) Go to Clym.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clym join the group to help get the bucket out of Eustacia's well?
2. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
3. How is Eustacia feeling?
4. Who feels responsible for the entire tragedy?
5. Why is Eustacia uncomfortable about joining a group?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)