|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clym blame Eustacia completely for his mother's death?
(a) It was her fault.
(b) He hates Eustacia.
(c) He was asleep at the time his mother arrived.
(d) He is angry.
2. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
(a) With threats.
(b) With noises.
(c) With scary stories.
(d) With spooky lights.
3. Why has the passion between Clym and Eustacia faded?
(a) Clym is in love with someone else.
(b) She no longer finds him attractive.
(c) They are married.
(d) They do not have the same goals.
4. What is Rainbarrow?
(a) The highest point in the heath.
(b) The town.
(c) The name of the inn.
(d) Thomasin's last name.
5. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
(c) A celebration in the town hall.
(d) Mrs. Yeobright's Christmas party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clym suggest to Eustacia after his argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
2. What is Mrs. Yeobright resolved to do?
3. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
4. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
5. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)