|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clym join the group to help get the bucket out of Eustacia's well?
(a) He wants to see her.
(b) He wants to be helpful.
(c) He wants to meet her grandfather.
(d) He wants to feel needed.
2. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
(a) It annoys her and makes her realize she loves Damon.
(b) It sets her off in a state of excitement based on her fantasy of him.
(c) It make her anxious and nervous to meet Clym.
(d) It makes her doubt her love for him.
3. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
(a) She knows her cousin does not approve of Damon.
(b) She steals her cousin's money to pay for the wedding.
(c) She loves Damon and wants to marry him as soon as possible.
(d) She wishes to preserve the dignity of her family at all costs.
4. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
(a) A traditional ceremony with the town in attendance.
(b) A large ceremony with many brides maids.
(c) A small ceremony performed at home.
(d) The smallest of ceremonies with no attendant.
5. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
(a) It is her favorite play.
(b) She wants to be the center of attention.
(c) She loves to act.
(d) So she may see Clym.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright reveal to Thomasin?
2. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
3. How does Clym react when he realizes Eustacia is to blame for his mother's death?
4. What is Eustacia doing?
5. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)