|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charley try to lift Eustacia's spirits?
(a) By bringing her husband over to apologize.
(b) By holding her hand.
(c) By requesting Damon to come visit.
(d) By building her a bonfire.
2. Why is this expected of him?
(a) He is not intelligent.
(b) His physical beauty and many advantages in life.
(c) His mother wants grandchildren.
(d) Everyone settles down at Egdon Heath.
3. What does Clym do one night while he and Eustacia are watching an eclipse?
(a) He breaks up with her.
(b) He proposes to her.
(c) He tells her he is in love with Thomasin.
(d) He tells her he is not returning to Paris.
4. What does Thomasin wistfully ask Diggory?
(a) If he still loves her.
(b) If he knows a way to keep her husband home in the evenings.
(c) What she should do about her husband.
(d) Why she married Damon.
5. Where is Mrs. Yeobright when she hears the news about Clym and Eustacia?
(a) The inn.
(b) At home.
(c) In the garden.
(d) At Olly's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the location introduced?
2. What is a mummery?
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright reveal to Thomasin?
4. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
5. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)