|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must Mrs. Yeobright cross the heath?
(a) To get to the inn.
(b) To get back to her home.
(c) To get to Clym's home.
(d) To get to Thomasin's home.
2. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
(a) Johnny stole something from Diggory Venn.
(b) He is mean and loves to pick on little boys.
(c) He has a secret he is not sure if he should tell.
(d) Johnny thinks him to be an apparition.
3. What does Clym admit to Thomasin?
(a) He no longer loves Eustacia.
(b) He is leaving for Paris.
(c) He is still in love with Eustacia.
(d) He loves Thomasin.
4. What is furze cutting?
(a) Skipping school or class.
(b) Trimming the tops of fir trees.
(c) Cutting sheep's wool.
(d) Cutting a rough, grassy shrub.
5. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
(a) She loves it.
(b) She does not like it.
(c) It is home.
(d) It is cute and quaint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
2. How does Eustacia tell Damon she is ready to leave?
3. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
4. How does she find some rest?
5. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)