|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
(a) She is having difficulties with her husband.
(b) What passed between his mother and his wife.
(c) She is keeping his portion of the inheritance.
(d) She is in love with him.
2. About what does Diggory do when he talks to Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Eustacia's infidelity.
(b) Forgiving Clym for the mistake he has made in marrying Eustacia.
(c) Clym's disintigrating marriage to Eustacia.
(d) The benefits of forgiving Clym and accepting his marriage to Eustacia.
3. Where does Eustacia allow herself to go?
(a) Back to her grandfather's home.
(b) The local outdoor dance.
(c) To Mrs. Yeobright for advice.
(d) To Paris on her own.
4. About what does Eustacia have reservations?
(a) Moving to Paris.
(b) Leaving her home.
(c) Living in a small cottage.
(d) Marrying Clym.
5. For what is Christian gambling?
(a) His life.
(b) A piece of cloth.
(c) Ownership of the inn.
(d) A piece of cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clym do one night while he and Eustacia are watching an eclipse?
2. Why has the passion between Clym and Eustacia faded?
3. Who is the furze-cutter Mrs. Yeobright sees?
4. How does Clym react to the news about Eustacia?
5. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)