|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a mummery?
(a) A female mummy.
(b) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
(c) A place where nuns live.
(d) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
2. What is a group of people doing?
(a) Sleeping on small cots.
(b) Singing folk tunes and dancing.
(c) Reading traditional books.
(d) Mourning the death of the Captain.
3. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
(a) Supposedly by coincidence.
(b) She is Thomasin's maid of honor.
(c) To serve as a witness.
(d) She tries to stop the wedding.
4. About what does Eustacia have reservations?
(a) Moving to Paris.
(b) Living in a small cottage.
(c) Marrying Clym.
(d) Leaving her home.
5. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
(a) He leaves Eustacia.
(b) He works as a reddleman.
(c) He moves back to Paris.
(d) He becomes a furze-cutter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
2. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
3. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money?
4. Why does Clym join the group to help get the bucket out of Eustacia's well?
5. Who had visited Mrs. Yeobright the night before she died?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)