|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clym suggest to Eustacia after his argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) They wait a couple of years to marry.
(b) They elope.
(c) They end the engagement.
(d) They get married right away.
2. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
(a) She wants to get married.
(b) She knows she will never find another man.
(c) She is in love with Clym.
(d) She is sure Clym will take her to Paris.
3. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
(a) It smells of leather and polish.
(b) It is covered in gun powder.
(c) It has all taken on the same color.
(d) It is covered in wood shavings.
4. Why is Thomasin having a difficult time?
(a) Her husband will not give her any spending money.
(b) She worries about Clym.
(c) She does not like Eustacia.
(d) She does not love her husband.
5. Why does the marriage not take place?
(a) Thomasin decides she does not want to marry Damon.
(b) There is a difficulty with the marriage license.
(c) They get lost on the way to the chapel.
(d) Mrs. Yeobright does not allow Thomasin to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diggory deduce?
2. How does Diggory confirm his belief?
3. What happens when Thomasin visits Clym?
4. What is expected of Clym?
5. Why does Mrs. Yeobright say Clym is no longer allowed in her house?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)