|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) She is in love with Damon.
(b) Nothing could ever have stopped her from marrying Clym.
(c) She would never have married Clym, if she had known he was staying in the heath.
(d) She does not love Clym.
2. How does Mrs. Yeobright feel about Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
(a) She wonders about Clym's motives.
(b) She does not approve.
(c) She is unsure about Eustacia.
(d) She is very happy for them.
3. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
(a) He is handsome, but something about him is not entirely at ease.
(b) He is smiling and energetic.
(c) He is not as attractive as she remembered.
(d) He is noticing her.
4. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
(a) The woods.
(b) His home.
(c) The inn.
5. Why does Charley hide Captain Vye's pistols?
(a) The pistols are dangerous.
(b) He wants the pistols for himself.
(c) He is afraid Eustacia will commit suicide.
(d) He is afraid Captain Vye will commit suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had visited Mrs. Yeobright the night before she died?
2. What happens when Thomasin visits Clym?
3. What is expected of Clym?
4. Where is Eustacia at midnight?
5. Why does Clym join the group to help get the bucket out of Eustacia's well?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)