|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
(b) Sleeping by the fire.
(c) Learning how to cast spells.
(d) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
2. Where does "The Return of the Native" take place?
(b) Edgon Heath.
3. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
(a) She is having difficulties with her husband.
(b) She is keeping his portion of the inheritance.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) What passed between his mother and his wife.
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
(a) To marry Thomasin quickly.
(b) He has competition for Thomasin's hand.
(c) Diggory will marry Thomasin.
(d) He will not be marrying Thomasin.
5. What has Susan Nonsuch done to Eustacia?
(a) Shot her in the side.
(b) Stabbed her in the side with a needle.
(c) Blackmailed her.
(d) Burned her home down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright refuse to do?
3. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
4. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
5. Who is Christian Cantle?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)