|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Christian Cantle?
(a) A groomsman at the wedding.
(b) Thomasin's cousin.
(c) A rather dim boy.
(d) The pastor.
2. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
(a) She is left in the care of the Yeobrights.
(b) She is left in the care of her grandfather.
(c) She is left in an orphanage.
(d) She is left to raise herself.
3. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
(a) Thomasin and Mrs. Yeobright.
(b) Susan and Johnny Nonsuch.
(c) Diggory Venn and Clym.
(d) Sam and Humphrey.
4. How is the location introduced?
(a) Very vaguely.
(b) As a beautiful tourist hideaway.
(c) As a small village in Italy.
(d) As almost a character itself.
5. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) An induction ceremony.
(b) A swimning event.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Clym waiting?
2. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
3. Why does Diggory hide?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
5. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)