|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Yeobright resolved to do?
(a) Tell Thomasin to leave Wildeve.
(b) Reconcile with her son and daughter-in-law.
(c) Tell her son how she feels.
(d) Break up her son and Eustacia's marriage.
2. Who had visited Mrs. Yeobright the night before she died?
3. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) She is in love with Damon.
(b) Nothing could ever have stopped her from marrying Clym.
(c) She would never have married Clym, if she had known he was staying in the heath.
(d) She does not love Clym.
4. What is a mummery?
(a) A female mummy.
(b) A place where nuns live.
(c) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
(d) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
(a) Wildeve has proposed to Eustacia.
(b) She is allowing Damon to marry Thomasin for her money.
(c) Thomasin will be marrying Venn in two days.
(d) The suitor is Diggory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Damon do when Thomasin questions him about his whereabouts?
2. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
3. To what is Eustacia referring when she says Damon is not a "great" enough man?
4. Who is supervising the furze cutters' work?
5. What has Eustacia forgotten in her rush?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)