|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
(a) The suitor is Diggory.
(b) She is allowing Damon to marry Thomasin for her money.
(c) Wildeve has proposed to Eustacia.
(d) Thomasin will be marrying Venn in two days.
2. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
(a) He has to watch the inn.
(b) He is not feeling well.
(c) He hates Clym.
(d) He is unsure how he would react to seeing her wed.
3. Who feels responsible for the entire tragedy?
4. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
(a) He is handsome, but something about him is not entirely at ease.
(b) He is noticing her.
(c) He is smiling and energetic.
(d) He is not as attractive as she remembered.
5. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
(a) Christian has poor luck.
(b) Damon is very intelligent.
(c) Christian is encouraged by his good luck.
(d) Christian is nervous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a reddleman?
2. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
3. What does the gossiping group mention?
4. Why does Clym blame Eustacia completely for his mother's death?
5. Where is Eustacia at midnight?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)