|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
(a) He is embarrassed for her.
(b) He is a kind man.
(c) He considers her a friend.
(d) He is in love with her.
2. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
(a) With spooky lights.
(b) With scary stories.
(c) With noises.
(d) With threats.
3. Who arrives to help?
(a) Captain Vye.
4. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
(a) They mention his work, his ability to speak French, and the glamorous life he leads in Paris.
(b) He is the best furze-cutter they know.
(c) He is rude, unkind, and egotistical.
(d) They hope he will stay in the heath for awhile and teach them French.
5. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money?
(a) He never receives it.
(b) It is not enough money.
(c) He is ungrateful.
(d) He does not realize it is from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mrs. Yeobright when she hears the news about Clym and Eustacia?
2. What does Damon do when Thomasin questions him about his whereabouts?
3. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
4. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
5. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)