|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
(a) She is keeping his portion of the inheritance.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) What passed between his mother and his wife.
(d) She is having difficulties with her husband.
2. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
(a) Clym says he thinks she is beautiful.
(b) The furze-cutters tell her she is is attractive.
(c) The two furze-cutters think Clym and Eustacia seem to be two of a kind.
(d) The furze-cutters tell her she would make a good furze-cutter.
3. When are Eustacia and Wildeve's feeling rekindled?
(a) At the beverage table.
(b) While watching others dance.
(c) As they dance.
(d) On the walk home after the dance.
4. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
(a) She shrugs and walks home.
(b) She becomes very agitated and runs away.
(c) She fights with Damon.
(d) She celebrates.
5. Why is Damon irritated?
(a) He wants to stop the wedding.
(b) He wants to marry Eustacia.
(c) He is annoyed with Christian.
(d) Mrs. Yeobright does not trust him with Thomasin's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
2. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
3. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
4. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
5. Where is Mrs. Yeobright when she hears the news about Clym and Eustacia?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)