|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wildeve withdraw from Eustacia?
(a) He is in danger.
(b) He is feeling guilty.
(c) He is not interested in her.
(d) To try to avoid detection.
2. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
(a) She fights with Damon.
(b) She shrugs and walks home.
(c) She celebrates.
(d) She becomes very agitated and runs away.
3. What does the gossiping group mention?
(a) The furze-cutting business.
(b) The beautiful Eustacia.
(c) The beautiful white moon.
(d) That the aunt and guardian does not approve of the union.
4. What does Diggory deduce?
(a) The man he sees with Eustacia is Wildeve.
(b) Eustacia is unhappy.
(c) Thomasin misses her husband.
(d) Eustacia is still in love with Clym.
5. How does Clym perceive her?
(a) As a woman disguised as a man.
(b) As a beautiful goddess.
(c) As a nuisance.
(d) As a woman he used to know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
2. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
3. How does Mrs. Yeobright feel about Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
4. Who does Clym find waiting?
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)