|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the marriage not take place?
(a) Mrs. Yeobright does not allow Thomasin to marry.
(b) Thomasin decides she does not want to marry Damon.
(c) They get lost on the way to the chapel.
(d) There is a difficulty with the marriage license.
2. Why is Diggory disappointed?
(a) Damon will not marry Thomasin.
(b) Thomasin still does not love him.
(c) He and Damon race to Thomasin, and Damon arrives first and has already secured her hand.
(d) Mrs. Yeobright is preventing him from marrying Thomasin.
3. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
(a) To serve as a witness.
(b) She is Thomasin's maid of honor.
(c) Supposedly by coincidence.
(d) She tries to stop the wedding.
4. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
(a) It is her favorite play.
(b) So she may see Clym.
(c) She wants to be the center of attention.
(d) She loves to act.
5. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
(a) She is left in the care of the Yeobrights.
(b) She is left to raise herself.
(c) She is left in the care of her grandfather.
(d) She is left in an orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
2. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
3. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
4. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
5. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)