|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
(a) They have been enemies their entire lives.
(b) Eustacia wants Wildeve to confess that he loves her more than his fiancee.
(c) Wildeve wants Eustacia to confess her love for him.
(d) They both want to purchase the same home.
2. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
(a) Perform plays.
(b) Build large bonfires.
(c) Sacrifice animals to the gods.
(d) Create a Maypole.
3. Why does Diggory hide?
(a) To listen to Eustacia and Wildeve's conversation.
(b) He hears a caravan going by.
(c) He does not want Thomasin to catch him.
(d) To avoid speaking to little Johnny.
4. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He considers her a friend.
(c) He is a kind man.
(d) He is embarrassed for her.
5. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
(a) She loves Damon and wants to marry him as soon as possible.
(b) She steals her cousin's money to pay for the wedding.
(c) She wishes to preserve the dignity of her family at all costs.
(d) She knows her cousin does not approve of Damon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eustacia doing?
2. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
3. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
4. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)