|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
(a) He is in love with Thomasin.
(b) She views him as someone else's second best.
(c) He is not leaving the heath.
(d) He is unattractive.
2. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
(a) He is smiling and energetic.
(b) He is not as attractive as she remembered.
(c) He is noticing her.
(d) He is handsome, but something about him is not entirely at ease.
3. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
(a) It makes her doubt her love for him.
(b) It sets her off in a state of excitement based on her fantasy of him.
(c) It annoys her and makes her realize she loves Damon.
(d) It make her anxious and nervous to meet Clym.
4. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
(a) She enjoys being outdoors.
(b) She hopes to run into Thomasin.
(c) To try to run into Clym.
(d) She loves to exercise.
5. What is Eustacia doing?
(a) Looking through a telescope in the direction of the inn.
(b) Visiting her uncle.
(c) Packing for a move to Paris.
(d) Plowing the field.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Diggory hide?
2. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
3. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
4. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
5. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)