|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A small cottage.
(c) A lone female figure.
(d) A lone pine tree.
2. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
(a) She visits frequently and brings fresh biscuits and jam.
(b) She tutors him while they in school and stands up for him when he is teased.
(c) She accepts his marriage proposal, although she does not love him.
(d) She turns down his marriage proposal in a kind letter, trying not to hurt his feelings.
3. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Sleeping by the fire.
(b) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
(c) Learning how to cast spells.
(d) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
4. Why does Damon say he is confused?
(a) He is not sure how he feels about Thomasin.
(b) He has fallen down and bumped his head.
(c) He is not sure how he feels about Eustacia.
(d) He believes Diggory is set to marry Thomasin.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
(a) Thomasin will be marrying Venn in two days.
(b) She is allowing Damon to marry Thomasin for her money.
(c) Wildeve has proposed to Eustacia.
(d) The suitor is Diggory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
2. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
3. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
4. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
5. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)