|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
(a) It has all taken on the same color.
(b) It is covered in gun powder.
(c) It is covered in wood shavings.
(d) It smells of leather and polish.
2. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
(a) Lend her his disguise.
(b) Sit by her at the play.
(c) Hold her hand.
(d) Tell Clym she is available.
3. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
(a) He considers her a friend.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He is embarrassed for her.
(d) He is a kind man.
4. How is the location introduced?
(a) As a small village in Italy.
(b) As almost a character itself.
(c) As a beautiful tourist hideaway.
(d) Very vaguely.
5. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
(a) She hates Damon and hopes he marries Thomasin.
(b) She hopes that even when he is married, he will secretly meet her.
(c) She is no longer willing to continue their secret meetings.
(d) She wants to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
2. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
3. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
4. What is a mummery?
5. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)