|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) The Christmas party.
(c) Clym's arrival.
2. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
(a) Thomasin has taken his money.
(b) Thomasin has married Damon.
(c) Thomasin is secretly in love with Diggory.
(d) His cousin, Thomasin, is jilted on her wedding day.
3. What is a mummery?
(a) A female mummy.
(b) A place where nuns live.
(c) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
(d) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
4. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
(a) Thomasin wants to marry Clym.
(b) Thomasin wants to talk to Clym herself.
(c) Thomasin wants Damon to speak with Clym.
(d) Thomasin does not want Clym to ever know.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
(a) She changed her mind about her resistance to the marriage and gave her consent.
(b) She is not sure when Clym will return.
(c) She still does not approve of the marriage.
(d) She is buying a new home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a group of people doing?
2. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright reveal to Thomasin?
4. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
5. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)