|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Sleeping by the fire.
(b) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
(c) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
(d) Learning how to cast spells.
2. Why does Diggory hide?
(a) To avoid speaking to little Johnny.
(b) He hears a caravan going by.
(c) He does not want Thomasin to catch him.
(d) To listen to Eustacia and Wildeve's conversation.
3. Why is Diggory disappointed?
(a) Thomasin still does not love him.
(b) Mrs. Yeobright is preventing him from marrying Thomasin.
(c) He and Damon race to Thomasin, and Damon arrives first and has already secured her hand.
(d) Damon will not marry Thomasin.
4. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
(a) It smells of leather and polish.
(b) It is covered in wood shavings.
(c) It is covered in gun powder.
(d) It has all taken on the same color.
5. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Clym's arrival.
(c) The Christmas party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
2. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
3. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
4. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
5. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)