|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a mummery?
(a) A place where nuns live.
(b) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
(c) A female mummy.
(d) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
(a) She still does not approve of the marriage.
(b) She is buying a new home.
(c) She is not sure when Clym will return.
(d) She changed her mind about her resistance to the marriage and gave her consent.
3. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
(a) His cousin, Thomasin, is jilted on her wedding day.
(b) Thomasin has taken his money.
(c) Thomasin has married Damon.
(d) Thomasin is secretly in love with Diggory.
4. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
(a) The furze-cutters tell her she is is attractive.
(b) The furze-cutters tell her she would make a good furze-cutter.
(c) The two furze-cutters think Clym and Eustacia seem to be two of a kind.
(d) Clym says he thinks she is beautiful.
5. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Humphrey and Sam?
2. Why does Damon say he is confused?
3. Why does Diggory hide?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
5. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)