|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
(a) She shrugs and walks home.
(b) She fights with Damon.
(c) She becomes very agitated and runs away.
(d) She celebrates.
2. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
(a) A small cottage.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A lone female figure.
(d) A lone pine tree.
3. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
(a) She views him as someone else's second best.
(b) He is unattractive.
(c) He is in love with Thomasin.
(d) He is not leaving the heath.
4. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
(b) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
(c) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
(d) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
5. What is a mummery?
(a) A place where nuns live.
(b) A female mummy.
(c) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
(d) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
2. What do others do when they recognize it is Eustacia?
3. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
4. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
5. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)