|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Diggory hide?
(a) To listen to Eustacia and Wildeve's conversation.
(b) He hears a caravan going by.
(c) He does not want Thomasin to catch him.
(d) To avoid speaking to little Johnny.
2. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
(a) Thomasin is secretly in love with Diggory.
(b) Thomasin has married Damon.
(c) Thomasin has taken his money.
(d) His cousin, Thomasin, is jilted on her wedding day.
3. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
(a) The different location of the marriage license.
(b) The lack of Mrs. Yeobright's approval.
(c) The loss of the rings for the marriage.
(d) The new priest performing the ceremony.
4. What does the gossiping group mention?
(a) That the aunt and guardian does not approve of the union.
(b) The beautiful Eustacia.
(c) The furze-cutting business.
(d) The beautiful white moon.
5. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
(a) Lend her his disguise.
(b) Sit by her at the play.
(c) Hold her hand.
(d) Tell Clym she is available.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the location introduced?
2. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
3. Where does "The Return of the Native" take place?
4. What is to have taken place that day?
5. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)