|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
(a) Thomasin is secretly in love with Diggory.
(b) Thomasin has taken his money.
(c) Thomasin has married Damon.
(d) His cousin, Thomasin, is jilted on her wedding day.
2. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
(b) Clym is in the play.
(c) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
(d) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
3. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
(a) She will love him forever.
(b) It does not run deep.
(c) It is very strong.
(d) She does not love him at all.
4. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
(a) Thomasin wants to marry Clym.
(b) Thomasin wants to talk to Clym herself.
(c) Thomasin wants Damon to speak with Clym.
(d) Thomasin does not want Clym to ever know.
5. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
(a) It is her favorite play.
(b) So she may see Clym.
(c) She loves to act.
(d) She wants to be the center of attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
2. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
3. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
4. Who is supervising the furze cutters' work?
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright reveal to Thomasin?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)