|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
(a) The two furze-cutters think Clym and Eustacia seem to be two of a kind.
(b) Clym says he thinks she is beautiful.
(c) The furze-cutters tell her she would make a good furze-cutter.
(d) The furze-cutters tell her she is is attractive.
2. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
(a) Her wedding.
(c) Clym's arrival.
(d) The Christmas party.
3. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
(a) Thomasin wants to marry Clym.
(b) Thomasin does not want Clym to ever know.
(c) Thomasin wants Damon to speak with Clym.
(d) Thomasin wants to talk to Clym herself.
4. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
(a) She is Thomasin's maid of honor.
(b) She tries to stop the wedding.
(c) To serve as a witness.
(d) Supposedly by coincidence.
5. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
(b) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
(c) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
(d) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a mummery?
2. What is Eustacia doing?
3. For what does the boy ask in exchange?
4. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
5. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)