|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do others do when they recognize it is Eustacia?
(a) They tell the audience.
(b) They pull her off the stage.
(c) They call for the director.
(d) They do not give away her secret.
2. What is Eustacia doing?
(a) Visiting her uncle.
(b) Looking through a telescope in the direction of the inn.
(c) Plowing the field.
(d) Packing for a move to Paris.
3. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
(a) It makes her doubt her love for him.
(b) It annoys her and makes her realize she loves Damon.
(c) It sets her off in a state of excitement based on her fantasy of him.
(d) It make her anxious and nervous to meet Clym.
4. What is furze cutting?
(a) Cutting a rough, grassy shrub.
(b) Trimming the tops of fir trees.
(c) Cutting sheep's wool.
(d) Skipping school or class.
5. How does Clym perceive her?
(a) As a woman disguised as a man.
(b) As a beautiful goddess.
(c) As a woman he used to know.
(d) As a nuisance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
2. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
3. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
4. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
5. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)