|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
(a) A celebration in the town hall.
(d) Mrs. Yeobright's Christmas party.
2. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
(a) It is covered in wood shavings.
(b) It is covered in gun powder.
(c) It has all taken on the same color.
(d) It smells of leather and polish.
3. Why does Eustacia worry about Clym falling in love with Thomasin?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is kind.
(d) They live in the same house.
4. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
(a) She loves Damon and wants to marry him as soon as possible.
(b) She knows her cousin does not approve of Damon.
(c) She steals her cousin's money to pay for the wedding.
(d) She wishes to preserve the dignity of her family at all costs.
5. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Clym's arrival.
(d) The Christmas party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
2. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
5. What is furze cutting?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)