|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Diggory hide?
(a) He does not want Thomasin to catch him.
(b) To listen to Eustacia and Wildeve's conversation.
(c) To avoid speaking to little Johnny.
(d) He hears a caravan going by.
2. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
(a) She knows her cousin does not approve of Damon.
(b) She wishes to preserve the dignity of her family at all costs.
(c) She steals her cousin's money to pay for the wedding.
(d) She loves Damon and wants to marry him as soon as possible.
3. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
(a) She wants to be the center of attention.
(b) She loves to act.
(c) It is her favorite play.
(d) So she may see Clym.
4. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
(a) Build large bonfires.
(b) Create a Maypole.
(c) Perform plays.
(d) Sacrifice animals to the gods.
5. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
(a) Clym's arrival.
(c) The Christmas party.
(d) Her wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
2. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
3. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
4. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
5. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)