|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
(a) They have been enemies their entire lives.
(b) They both want to purchase the same home.
(c) Eustacia wants Wildeve to confess that he loves her more than his fiancee.
(d) Wildeve wants Eustacia to confess her love for him.
2. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
(a) It is covered in wood shavings.
(b) It is covered in gun powder.
(c) It smells of leather and polish.
(d) It has all taken on the same color.
3. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
(a) He is not leaving the heath.
(b) She views him as someone else's second best.
(c) He is in love with Thomasin.
(d) He is unattractive.
4. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
(a) Her lost inheritance.
(b) Her move to Paris.
(c) How much she misses him.
(d) Her uncertain marriage to Wildeve.
5. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
(a) He is handsome, but something about him is not entirely at ease.
(b) He is smiling and energetic.
(c) He is noticing her.
(d) He is not as attractive as she remembered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gossiping group mention?
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
3. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
5. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)