|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
(a) She shrugs and walks home.
(b) She becomes very agitated and runs away.
(c) She celebrates.
(d) She fights with Damon.
2. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
(a) He is the best furze-cutter they know.
(b) They hope he will stay in the heath for awhile and teach them French.
(c) He is rude, unkind, and egotistical.
(d) They mention his work, his ability to speak French, and the glamorous life he leads in Paris.
3. Who is supervising the furze cutters' work?
(a) Damon Wildeve.
(b) Eustacia Vye.
(c) Diggory Venn.
(d) Captain Vye.
4. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
(a) A large ceremony with many brides maids.
(b) The smallest of ceremonies with no attendant.
(c) A traditional ceremony with the town in attendance.
(d) A small ceremony performed at home.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
(a) She is buying a new home.
(b) She changed her mind about her resistance to the marriage and gave her consent.
(c) She is not sure when Clym will return.
(d) She still does not approve of the marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the marriage not take place?
2. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
3. What does the gossiping group mention?
4. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
5. What is Eustacia doing?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)