|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Clym's arrival.
(d) The Christmas party.
2. How does Clym perceive her?
(a) As a woman he used to know.
(b) As a nuisance.
(c) As a woman disguised as a man.
(d) As a beautiful goddess.
3. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
(a) She turns down his marriage proposal in a kind letter, trying not to hurt his feelings.
(b) She visits frequently and brings fresh biscuits and jam.
(c) She accepts his marriage proposal, although she does not love him.
(d) She tutors him while they in school and stands up for him when he is teased.
4. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
(a) She enjoys being outdoors.
(b) To try to run into Clym.
(c) She loves to exercise.
(d) She hopes to run into Thomasin.
5. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
(a) She wants to marry him.
(b) She is no longer willing to continue their secret meetings.
(c) She hates Damon and hopes he marries Thomasin.
(d) She hopes that even when he is married, he will secretly meet her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
2. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
4. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
5. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)