|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
(a) It is cute and quaint.
(b) She does not like it.
(c) It is home.
(d) She loves it.
2. What is a group of people doing?
(a) Reading traditional books.
(b) Sleeping on small cots.
(c) Singing folk tunes and dancing.
(d) Mourning the death of the Captain.
3. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
(a) She wants to be the center of attention.
(b) So she may see Clym.
(c) She loves to act.
(d) It is her favorite play.
4. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
(a) Thomasin has married Damon.
(b) Thomasin is secretly in love with Diggory.
(c) His cousin, Thomasin, is jilted on her wedding day.
(d) Thomasin has taken his money.
5. What does the gossiping group mention?
(a) The furze-cutting business.
(b) The beautiful white moon.
(c) That the aunt and guardian does not approve of the union.
(d) The beautiful Eustacia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Diggory hide?
2. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
3. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
4. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
5. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)