Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
(a) She accepts his marriage proposal, although she does not love him.
(b) She turns down his marriage proposal in a kind letter, trying not to hurt his feelings.
(c) She tutors him while they in school and stands up for him when he is teased.
(d) She visits frequently and brings fresh biscuits and jam.
2. About what does Eustacia have reservations?
(a) Leaving her home.
(b) Moving to Paris.
(c) Living in a small cottage.
(d) Marrying Clym.
3. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
(a) With scary stories.
(b) With threats.
(c) With noises.
(d) With spooky lights.
4. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
(a) He is not feeling well.
(b) He has to watch the inn.
(c) He hates Clym.
(d) He is unsure how he would react to seeing her wed.
5. What is happening to Eustacia?
(a) She is running away.
(b) She is falling off a cliff.
(c) She is being trampled by a herd of cattle.
(d) She is drowning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eustacia uncomfortable about joining a group?
2. How does Clym react to the news about Eustacia?
3. Why is Clym deeply resolved to do something significant on his own terms?
4. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
5. Who survives?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)