Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
(a) She is not sure when Clym will return.
(b) She changed her mind about her resistance to the marriage and gave her consent.
(c) She is buying a new home.
(d) She still does not approve of the marriage.
2. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
(a) He is unattractive.
(b) She views him as someone else's second best.
(c) He is not leaving the heath.
(d) He is in love with Thomasin.
3. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
4. What are Humphrey and Sam?
5. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Some of what he has heard.
(b) He tells her he no longer wants to marry Thomasin.
(c) He tells her nothing.
(d) All that he has heard and that his offer of marriage still stands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
2. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
3. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
4. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
5. What does the gossiping group mention?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)