|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
(a) He is lost.
(b) Damon wins the money.
(c) He has lost the money in the creek.
(d) He is late to the wedding.
2. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
(a) He is mean and loves to pick on little boys.
(b) Johnny stole something from Diggory Venn.
(c) He has a secret he is not sure if he should tell.
(d) Johnny thinks him to be an apparition.
3. Why does the marriage not take place?
(a) There is a difficulty with the marriage license.
(b) Mrs. Yeobright does not allow Thomasin to marry.
(c) Thomasin decides she does not want to marry Damon.
(d) They get lost on the way to the chapel.
4. What is furze cutting?
(a) Trimming the tops of fir trees.
(b) Cutting a rough, grassy shrub.
(c) Skipping school or class.
(d) Cutting sheep's wool.
5. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
(a) Sam and Humphrey.
(b) Diggory Venn and Clym.
(c) Susan and Johnny Nonsuch.
(d) Thomasin and Mrs. Yeobright.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Diggory do when he talks to Mrs. Yeobright?
2. Why is Clym deeply resolved to do something significant on his own terms?
3. Why is Thomasin having a difficult time?
4. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
5. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)