|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Wildeve's passions for Eustacia renewed?
(a) She belongs to another.
(b) She has grown more beautiful.
(c) He no longer loves Thomasin.
(d) She agrees to meet with him secretly.
2. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
(a) She wants to get married.
(b) She is in love with Clym.
(c) She is sure Clym will take her to Paris.
(d) She knows she will never find another man.
3. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
(b) Clym is in the play.
(c) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
(d) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
4. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
(a) Thomasin wants Damon to speak with Clym.
(b) Thomasin wants to marry Clym.
(c) Thomasin does not want Clym to ever know.
(d) Thomasin wants to talk to Clym herself.
5. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
(a) Perform plays.
(b) Create a Maypole.
(c) Build large bonfires.
(d) Sacrifice animals to the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
2. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
3. What does the gossiping group mention?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
5. What happens when Thomasin visits Clym?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)