|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eustacia doing?
(a) Visiting her uncle.
(b) Looking through a telescope in the direction of the inn.
(c) Packing for a move to Paris.
(d) Plowing the field.
2. What is Rainbarrow?
(a) The name of the inn.
(b) The highest point in the heath.
(c) Thomasin's last name.
(d) The town.
3. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
(a) He has to watch the inn.
(b) He hates Clym.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) He is unsure how he would react to seeing her wed.
4. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
(a) Hold her hand.
(b) Tell Clym she is available.
(c) Sit by her at the play.
(d) Lend her his disguise.
5. How does Mrs. Yeobright offend Eustacia.
(a) She believes Eustacia has Clym's money.
(b) She tells her she is a poor excuse for a wife.
(c) She tells her she is an awful cook.
(d) She believes Eustacia has a new lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is supervising the furze cutters' work?
2. What is furze cutting?
3. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
4. Why does Clym spend many hours reading?
5. For what does the boy ask in exchange?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)