|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is expected of Clym?
(a) To be a family man.
(b) Great things.
(c) Not much.
(d) To settle at Egdon Heath.
2. What is the "article" Wildeve comes to collect from Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Baby clothes.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Thomasin's inheritance.
3. Why is Clym deeply resolved to do something significant on his own terms?
(a) He has never done anything of significance before.
(b) His mother has always made all his decisions.
(c) He loves working in Paris.
(d) He is not fully enjoying his life.
4. How does Mrs. Yeobright feel about Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
(a) She wonders about Clym's motives.
(b) She does not approve.
(c) She is unsure about Eustacia.
(d) She is very happy for them.
5. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
(a) She knows she will never find another man.
(b) She is in love with Clym.
(c) She is sure Clym will take her to Paris.
(d) She wants to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
2. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
3. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
4. Where is Mrs. Yeobright when she hears the news about Clym and Eustacia?
5. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)