|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
(a) He is angry with her about her treatment of Thomasin.
(b) She seems unique.
(c) He has loved her since grade school.
(d) He is intrigued by the mention of her beauty.
2. What do some of the locals notice about Clym?
(a) He wants to marry.
(b) He seems unhappy.
(c) He has spent more time than usual visiting.
(d) He misses Paris.
3. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Nothing could ever have stopped her from marrying Clym.
(b) She is in love with Damon.
(c) She would never have married Clym, if she had known he was staying in the heath.
(d) She does not love Clym.
4. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
(a) She wants to marry him.
(b) She hopes that even when he is married, he will secretly meet her.
(c) She hates Damon and hopes he marries Thomasin.
(d) She is no longer willing to continue their secret meetings.
5. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
(a) He becomes a furze-cutter.
(b) He leaves Eustacia.
(c) He works as a reddleman.
(d) He moves back to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Christian Cantle?
2. Why is this expected of him?
3. Why is Damon irritated?
4. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
5. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)