|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
(a) Clym says he thinks she is beautiful.
(b) The furze-cutters tell her she would make a good furze-cutter.
(c) The furze-cutters tell her she is is attractive.
(d) The two furze-cutters think Clym and Eustacia seem to be two of a kind.
2. Why is Clym deeply resolved to do something significant on his own terms?
(a) He loves working in Paris.
(b) He is not fully enjoying his life.
(c) His mother has always made all his decisions.
(d) He has never done anything of significance before.
3. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
(a) She visits frequently and brings fresh biscuits and jam.
(b) She accepts his marriage proposal, although she does not love him.
(c) She tutors him while they in school and stands up for him when he is teased.
(d) She turns down his marriage proposal in a kind letter, trying not to hurt his feelings.
4. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money?
(a) He is ungrateful.
(b) It is not enough money.
(c) He never receives it.
(d) He does not realize it is from her.
5. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
(a) She hopes to run into Thomasin.
(b) She loves to exercise.
(c) She enjoys being outdoors.
(d) To try to run into Clym.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
2. Why does Clym join the group to help get the bucket out of Eustacia's well?
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright reveal to Thomasin?
4. Why is Eustacia uncomfortable about joining a group?
5. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)