|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomasin wistfully ask Diggory?
(a) Why she married Damon.
(b) If he still loves her.
(c) What she should do about her husband.
(d) If he knows a way to keep her husband home in the evenings.
2. Why are Wildeve's passions for Eustacia renewed?
(a) She belongs to another.
(b) He no longer loves Thomasin.
(c) She has grown more beautiful.
(d) She agrees to meet with him secretly.
3. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
(a) She wants to marry him.
(b) She hates Damon and hopes he marries Thomasin.
(c) She hopes that even when he is married, he will secretly meet her.
(d) She is no longer willing to continue their secret meetings.
4. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
(a) Sit by her at the play.
(b) Tell Clym she is available.
(c) Hold her hand.
(d) Lend her his disguise.
5. For what does the boy ask in exchange?
(a) Clym's autograph.
(b) Fifty guineas.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A chance to hold Eustacia's hand for a few minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
2. Who is supervising the furze cutters' work?
3. Why has the passion between Clym and Eustacia faded?
4. To what does Christian confess?
5. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)