|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is furze cutting?
(a) Trimming the tops of fir trees.
(b) Cutting sheep's wool.
(c) Cutting a rough, grassy shrub.
(d) Skipping school or class.
2. Why has the passion between Clym and Eustacia faded?
(a) They are married.
(b) She no longer finds him attractive.
(c) They do not have the same goals.
(d) Clym is in love with someone else.
3. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) She is in love with Damon.
(b) She would never have married Clym, if she had known he was staying in the heath.
(c) She does not love Clym.
(d) Nothing could ever have stopped her from marrying Clym.
4. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
(a) She hopes to run into Thomasin.
(b) To try to run into Clym.
(c) She loves to exercise.
(d) She enjoys being outdoors.
5. What does Diggory deduce?
(a) The man he sees with Eustacia is Wildeve.
(b) Thomasin misses her husband.
(c) Eustacia is still in love with Clym.
(d) Eustacia is unhappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
2. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
3. What is to have taken place that day?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
5. Why is Thomasin having a difficult time?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)