|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
(a) She celebrates.
(b) She fights with Damon.
(c) She shrugs and walks home.
(d) She becomes very agitated and runs away.
2. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
(b) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
(c) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
(d) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
3. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
(a) It does not run deep.
(b) She will love him forever.
(c) She does not love him at all.
(d) It is very strong.
4. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
(a) Thomasin wants to marry Clym.
(b) Thomasin wants to talk to Clym herself.
(c) Thomasin does not want Clym to ever know.
(d) Thomasin wants Damon to speak with Clym.
5. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
(a) With noises.
(b) With spooky lights.
(c) With threats.
(d) With scary stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
2. What has Susan Nonsuch done to Eustacia?
3. For whom does Mrs. Yeobright feel sorry?
4. What is to have taken place that day?
5. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)