|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Christian confess?
(a) Stealing the money.
(b) Spending the money.
(c) Losing the money gambling to Wildeve.
(d) Giving it all the Thomasin.
2. What do others do when they recognize it is Eustacia?
(a) They do not give away her secret.
(b) They tell the audience.
(c) They pull her off the stage.
(d) They call for the director.
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
(a) She still does not approve of the marriage.
(b) She is buying a new home.
(c) She is not sure when Clym will return.
(d) She changed her mind about her resistance to the marriage and gave her consent.
4. Where is Mrs. Yeobright when she hears the news about Clym and Eustacia?
(a) The inn.
(b) In the garden.
(c) At Olly's home.
(d) At home.
5. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
(a) What passed between his mother and his wife.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) She is keeping his portion of the inheritance.
(d) She is having difficulties with her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the passion between Clym and Eustacia faded?
2. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
3. What does Diggory deduce?
4. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
5. What is a mummery?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)