|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
(a) Create a Maypole.
(b) Sacrifice animals to the gods.
(c) Build large bonfires.
(d) Perform plays.
2. For what is Christian gambling?
(a) A piece of cake.
(b) Ownership of the inn.
(c) A piece of cloth.
(d) His life.
3. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
(a) Damon is very intelligent.
(b) Christian is nervous.
(c) Christian is encouraged by his good luck.
(d) Christian has poor luck.
4. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
(b) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
(c) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
(d) Clym is in the play.
5. Why does Mrs. Yeobright say Clym is no longer allowed in her house?
(a) He and Eustacia are getting married.
(b) He is stealing from her.
(c) He is not returning to Paris.
(d) He has lied to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
2. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright refuse to do?
4. What does Clym suggest to Eustacia after his argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
5. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)