|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Thomasin visits Clym?
(a) She finds out Eustacia is leaving him.
(b) She gives him his portion of the inheritance.
(c) She tells him she loves him.
(d) She says how much she detests Eustacia.
2. What does Thomasin wistfully ask Diggory?
(a) What she should do about her husband.
(b) If he knows a way to keep her husband home in the evenings.
(c) If he still loves her.
(d) Why she married Damon.
3. What is a mummery?
(a) A place where nuns live.
(b) A female mummy.
(c) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
(d) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
4. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
(a) Her wedding.
(c) The Christmas party.
(d) Clym's arrival.
5. What has Susan Nonsuch done to Eustacia?
(a) Burned her home down.
(b) Shot her in the side.
(c) Stabbed her in the side with a needle.
(d) Blackmailed her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
2. Why does Clym spend many hours reading?
3. How is the location introduced?
4. Why does the marriage not take place?
5. Why does Wildeve withdraw from Eustacia?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)