|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
(a) What passed between his mother and his wife.
(b) She is having difficulties with her husband.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She is keeping his portion of the inheritance.
2. Who is Christian Cantle?
(a) Thomasin's cousin.
(b) A rather dim boy.
(c) The pastor.
(d) A groomsman at the wedding.
3. What is Rainbarrow?
(a) The name of the inn.
(b) The town.
(c) Thomasin's last name.
(d) The highest point in the heath.
4. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
(a) They both want to purchase the same home.
(b) Wildeve wants Eustacia to confess her love for him.
(c) They have been enemies their entire lives.
(d) Eustacia wants Wildeve to confess that he loves her more than his fiancee.
5. Who is supervising the furze cutters' work?
(a) Damon Wildeve.
(b) Eustacia Vye.
(c) Diggory Venn.
(d) Captain Vye.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Diggory do when he talks to Mrs. Yeobright?
2. What is the "article" Wildeve comes to collect from Mrs. Yeobright?
3. Why is Clym unable to continue his studies temporarily?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright refuse to do?
5. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)