|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Diggory do when he talks to Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Eustacia's infidelity.
(b) Clym's disintigrating marriage to Eustacia.
(c) Forgiving Clym for the mistake he has made in marrying Eustacia.
(d) The benefits of forgiving Clym and accepting his marriage to Eustacia.
2. What do others do when they recognize it is Eustacia?
(a) They tell the audience.
(b) They do not give away her secret.
(c) They call for the director.
(d) They pull her off the stage.
3. What are Humphrey and Sam?
4. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
(a) Diggory Venn and Clym.
(b) Thomasin and Mrs. Yeobright.
(c) Susan and Johnny Nonsuch.
(d) Sam and Humphrey.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright give Christian?
(a) Thomasin's inheritance and fifty guineas for Clym.
(b) A note for Clym.
(c) An apology letter for Eustacia.
(d) A letter stating she approves of the marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
2. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
4. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
5. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)