|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clym perceive her?
(a) As a woman he used to know.
(b) As a nuisance.
(c) As a woman disguised as a man.
(d) As a beautiful goddess.
2. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
(a) Diggory Venn and Clym.
(b) Susan and Johnny Nonsuch.
(c) Thomasin and Mrs. Yeobright.
(d) Sam and Humphrey.
3. What has Susan Nonsuch done to Eustacia?
(a) Shot her in the side.
(b) Blackmailed her.
(c) Stabbed her in the side with a needle.
(d) Burned her home down.
4. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
(a) He is smiling and energetic.
(b) He is noticing her.
(c) He is not as attractive as she remembered.
(d) He is handsome, but something about him is not entirely at ease.
5. Why is this expected of him?
(a) His physical beauty and many advantages in life.
(b) His mother wants grandchildren.
(c) Everyone settles down at Egdon Heath.
(d) He is not intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does "The Return of the Native" take place?
2. Why does Mrs. Yeobright get tired?
3. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
4. What does the gossiping group mention?
5. What do others do when they recognize it is Eustacia?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)