|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
(b) Clym is in the play.
(c) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
(d) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
2. About what does Eustacia have reservations?
(a) Leaving her home.
(b) Living in a small cottage.
(c) Moving to Paris.
(d) Marrying Clym.
3. Why is this expected of him?
(a) His mother wants grandchildren.
(b) He is not intelligent.
(c) His physical beauty and many advantages in life.
(d) Everyone settles down at Egdon Heath.
4. What is a reddleman?
(a) A man who makes revolvers.
(b) A boat maker.
(c) A saddle maker.
(d) A man who sells red dye to farmers.
5. Who is Christian Cantle?
(a) The pastor.
(b) A groomsman at the wedding.
(c) A rather dim boy.
(d) Thomasin's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the marriage not take place?
2. How does Mrs. Yeobright feel about Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
3. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
4. Why does Mrs. Yeobright say Clym is no longer allowed in her house?
5. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)