|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a mummery?
(a) A female mummy.
(b) A place where nuns live.
(c) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
(d) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
2. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money?
(a) He does not realize it is from her.
(b) He is ungrateful.
(c) He never receives it.
(d) It is not enough money.
3. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
(a) He is smiling and energetic.
(b) He is handsome, but something about him is not entirely at ease.
(c) He is noticing her.
(d) He is not as attractive as she remembered.
4. Where does Eustacia allow herself to go?
(a) To Mrs. Yeobright for advice.
(b) Back to her grandfather's home.
(c) The local outdoor dance.
(d) To Paris on her own.
5. What is furze cutting?
(a) Cutting a rough, grassy shrub.
(b) Trimming the tops of fir trees.
(c) Cutting sheep's wool.
(d) Skipping school or class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
2. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
3. Why is Clym unable to continue his studies temporarily?
4. What does Thomasin wistfully ask Diggory?
5. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)