|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a mummery?
(a) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
(b) A female mummy.
(c) A place where nuns live.
(d) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
2. How does Clym react to the news about Eustacia?
(a) He goes to his room and slams the door shut.
(b) He goes home and tries to forget all about her.
(c) He goes after her.
(d) He sits down and cries.
3. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
(a) How much she misses him.
(b) Her lost inheritance.
(c) Her uncertain marriage to Wildeve.
(d) Her move to Paris.
4. What does Eustacia ask her grandfather?
(a) If she and Clym may move in with him.
(b) If she may stay in her old room.
(c) If he will help her divorce Clym.
(d) If she may keep house for him.
5. To what is Eustacia referring when she says Damon is not a "great" enough man?
(a) As Thomasin's husband.
(b) He is not wealthy enough for her.
(c) For whom to break her vows.
(d) He is unkind and untrustworthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Clym waiting?
2. Meanwhile, what is Susan Nunsuch doing?
3. Why does Clym join the group to help get the bucket out of Eustacia's well?
4. Who had visited Mrs. Yeobright the night before she died?
5. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)