|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
(a) To try to run into Clym.
(b) She hopes to run into Thomasin.
(c) She loves to exercise.
(d) She enjoys being outdoors.
2. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
(b) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
(c) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
(d) Clym is in the play.
3. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
(b) Mrs. Yeobright's Christmas party.
(c) A celebration in the town hall.
4. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
(a) She wants to be the center of attention.
(b) So she may see Clym.
(c) She loves to act.
(d) It is her favorite play.
5. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
(a) Thomasin wants to talk to Clym herself.
(b) Thomasin does not want Clym to ever know.
(c) Thomasin wants Damon to speak with Clym.
(d) Thomasin wants to marry Clym.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Clym deeply resolved to do something significant on his own terms?
2. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright give Christian?
4. What does Clym admit to Thomasin?
5. Meanwhile, what is Susan Nunsuch doing?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)