|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Clym waiting?
(a) Outside the Vye home.
(b) At his home.
(c) At Blooms-End.
(d) At the inn.
2. For what is Christian gambling?
(a) Ownership of the inn.
(b) A piece of cake.
(c) A piece of cloth.
(d) His life.
3. What does Clym suggest to Eustacia after his argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) They end the engagement.
(b) They elope.
(c) They wait a couple of years to marry.
(d) They get married right away.
4. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
(a) Christian is encouraged by his good luck.
(b) Damon is very intelligent.
(c) Christian has poor luck.
(d) Christian is nervous.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright refuse to do?
(a) Allow Clym to marry.
(b) Allow Clym to move out of her home.
(c) Accept that Thomasin will be attending the wedding.
(d) Attend Clym and Eustacia's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Clym deeply resolved to do something significant on his own terms?
2. Why does Clym join the group to help get the bucket out of Eustacia's well?
3. What does Damon do when Thomasin questions him about his whereabouts?
4. How does Mrs. Yeobright feel about Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
5. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)