|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a mummery?
(a) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
(b) A place where nuns live.
(c) A female mummy.
(d) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
2. What are Humphrey and Sam?
3. What does Eustacia ask her grandfather?
(a) If she and Clym may move in with him.
(b) If he will help her divorce Clym.
(c) If she may keep house for him.
(d) If she may stay in her old room.
4. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
(b) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
(c) Clym is in the play.
(d) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
(a) The suitor is Diggory.
(b) Thomasin will be marrying Venn in two days.
(c) She is allowing Damon to marry Thomasin for her money.
(d) Wildeve has proposed to Eustacia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
2. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
3. What is happening to Eustacia?
4. What do others do when they recognize it is Eustacia?
5. Why does Clym spend many hours reading?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)