|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is expected of Clym?
(a) Not much.
(b) To be a family man.
(c) Great things.
(d) To settle at Egdon Heath.
2. About what does Eustacia have reservations?
(a) Living in a small cottage.
(b) Leaving her home.
(c) Moving to Paris.
(d) Marrying Clym.
3. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
(a) It is her favorite play.
(b) She loves to act.
(c) So she may see Clym.
(d) She wants to be the center of attention.
4. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
(b) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
(c) Clym is in the play.
(d) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
5. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
(a) The furze-cutters tell her she is is attractive.
(b) Clym says he thinks she is beautiful.
(c) The two furze-cutters think Clym and Eustacia seem to be two of a kind.
(d) The furze-cutters tell her she would make a good furze-cutter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
2. What does Eustacia ask her grandfather?
3. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
4. Why is Damon irritated?
5. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)