|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
(b) A celebration in the town hall.
(d) Mrs. Yeobright's Christmas party.
2. Why does Clym blame Eustacia completely for his mother's death?
(a) He was asleep at the time his mother arrived.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He hates Eustacia.
(d) It was her fault.
3. What does Damon do when Thomasin questions him about his whereabouts?
(a) He says nothing.
(b) He becomes shy
(c) He becomes agitated.
(d) He cries.
4. Why does Damon say he is confused?
(a) He is not sure how he feels about Eustacia.
(b) He believes Diggory is set to marry Thomasin.
(c) He is not sure how he feels about Thomasin.
(d) He has fallen down and bumped his head.
5. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
(a) She loves Damon and wants to marry him as soon as possible.
(b) She wishes to preserve the dignity of her family at all costs.
(c) She knows her cousin does not approve of Damon.
(d) She steals her cousin's money to pay for the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clym do one night while he and Eustacia are watching an eclipse?
2. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
3. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
4. Who is supervising the furze cutters' work?
5. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)