|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
(a) A traditional ceremony with the town in attendance.
(b) A large ceremony with many brides maids.
(c) The smallest of ceremonies with no attendant.
(d) A small ceremony performed at home.
2. How does Eustacia tell Damon she is ready to leave?
(a) She goes to meet him at the inn.
(b) She cries out to him.
(c) She calls him.
(d) She is gives him the signal.
3. What plan do Eustacia and Wildeve concoct?
(a) For him to murder Clym.
(b) For her to leave for Paris.
(c) For him to go to Paris first.
(d) For them to run away together.
4. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
(a) He is late to the wedding.
(b) Damon wins the money.
(c) He is lost.
(d) He has lost the money in the creek.
5. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
(a) She loves Damon and wants to marry him as soon as possible.
(b) She steals her cousin's money to pay for the wedding.
(c) She knows her cousin does not approve of Damon.
(d) She wishes to preserve the dignity of her family at all costs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Damon do when Thomasin questions him about his whereabouts?
2. Why does Damon say he is confused?
3. How does Clym's mother react when he tells her about his plans?
4. Meanwhile, what is Susan Nunsuch doing?
5. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)