|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Wildeve's passions for Eustacia renewed?
(a) She has grown more beautiful.
(b) She agrees to meet with him secretly.
(c) She belongs to another.
(d) He no longer loves Thomasin.
2. What has Susan Nonsuch done to Eustacia?
(a) Shot her in the side.
(b) Blackmailed her.
(c) Stabbed her in the side with a needle.
(d) Burned her home down.
3. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
(a) She loves to act.
(b) It is her favorite play.
(c) She wants to be the center of attention.
(d) So she may see Clym.
4. How does Clym realize what happened on the day of his mother's death?
(a) Christian Cantle tells him everything.
(b) Venn tells him everything.
(c) Eustacia confesses.
(d) Through several conversations.
5. About what does Eustacia have reservations?
(a) Marrying Clym.
(b) Living in a small cottage.
(c) Moving to Paris.
(d) Leaving her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
2. Who feels responsible for the entire tragedy?
3. Why is Thomasin having a difficult time?
4. What do others do when they recognize it is Eustacia?
5. To what is Eustacia referring when she says Damon is not a "great" enough man?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)