|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Wildeve's passions for Eustacia renewed?
(a) She belongs to another.
(b) He no longer loves Thomasin.
(c) She agrees to meet with him secretly.
(d) She has grown more beautiful.
2. What is furze cutting?
(a) Skipping school or class.
(b) Cutting a rough, grassy shrub.
(c) Trimming the tops of fir trees.
(d) Cutting sheep's wool.
3. What has Eustacia forgotten in her rush?
(a) To say goodbye to her grandfather.
(b) The letter from her husband.
(c) Her bag.
4. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
(a) He is angry with her about her treatment of Thomasin.
(b) He is intrigued by the mention of her beauty.
(c) She seems unique.
(d) He has loved her since grade school.
5. Why does Charley hide Captain Vye's pistols?
(a) The pistols are dangerous.
(b) He is afraid Captain Vye will commit suicide.
(c) He wants the pistols for himself.
(d) He is afraid Eustacia will commit suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
3. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
4. What does Eustacia ask her grandfather?
5. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)