|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
(a) She wants to get married.
(b) She is sure Clym will take her to Paris.
(c) She knows she will never find another man.
(d) She is in love with Clym.
2. What does Clym do one night while he and Eustacia are watching an eclipse?
(a) He tells her he is in love with Thomasin.
(b) He tells her he is not returning to Paris.
(c) He proposes to her.
(d) He breaks up with her.
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright give Christian?
(a) A note for Clym.
(b) Thomasin's inheritance and fifty guineas for Clym.
(c) An apology letter for Eustacia.
(d) A letter stating she approves of the marriage.
4. For what does the boy ask in exchange?
(a) Fifty guineas.
(b) A chance to hold Eustacia's hand for a few minutes.
(c) Clym's autograph.
(d) A kiss.
5. Why does Clym join the group to help get the bucket out of Eustacia's well?
(a) He wants to see her.
(b) He wants to feel needed.
(c) He wants to meet her grandfather.
(d) He wants to be helpful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clym spend many hours reading?
2. Where is Eustacia at midnight?
3. Why does Charley hide Captain Vye's pistols?
4. What has Susan Nonsuch done to Eustacia?
5. How does Clym's mother react when he tells her about his plans?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)