|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Wildeve's passions for Eustacia renewed?
(a) She belongs to another.
(b) He no longer loves Thomasin.
(c) She agrees to meet with him secretly.
(d) She has grown more beautiful.
2. Why does Eustacia not read Clym's letter?
(a) Captain Vye hides it.
(b) She does not want to hear from him.
(c) It arrives after she is already in bed.
(d) The letter falls on the floor, and she does not see it.
3. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
(a) Damon is very intelligent.
(b) Christian has poor luck.
(c) Christian is encouraged by his good luck.
(d) Christian is nervous.
4. Why does Mrs. Yeobright say Clym is no longer allowed in her house?
(a) He and Eustacia are getting married.
(b) He is stealing from her.
(c) He is not returning to Paris.
(d) He has lied to her.
5. What plan do Eustacia and Wildeve concoct?
(a) For her to leave for Paris.
(b) For him to go to Paris first.
(c) For him to murder Clym.
(d) For them to run away together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
2. What has Susan Nonsuch done to Eustacia?
3. Why is Clym deeply resolved to do something significant on his own terms?
4. Meanwhile, what is Susan Nunsuch doing?
5. Where is Clym waiting?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)