|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives to help?
(a) Captain Vye.
2. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
(a) They mention his work, his ability to speak French, and the glamorous life he leads in Paris.
(b) He is rude, unkind, and egotistical.
(c) He is the best furze-cutter they know.
(d) They hope he will stay in the heath for awhile and teach them French.
3. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
(a) The furze-cutters tell her she is is attractive.
(b) The furze-cutters tell her she would make a good furze-cutter.
(c) The two furze-cutters think Clym and Eustacia seem to be two of a kind.
(d) Clym says he thinks she is beautiful.
4. Who helps Thomasin to the inn?
(a) Diggory Venn.
(b) Clym Yeobright.
(c) Johnny Nunsuch.
(d) Damon Wildeve.
5. How does Charley try to lift Eustacia's spirits?
(a) By holding her hand.
(b) By requesting Damon to come visit.
(c) By building her a bonfire.
(d) By bringing her husband over to apologize.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clym react to the news about Eustacia?
2. What does Clym do one night while he and Eustacia are watching an eclipse?
3. What has Eustacia forgotten in her rush?
4. What plan do Eustacia and Wildeve concoct?
5. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)