|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
(a) Her inheritance money.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A job.
(d) A new home.
2. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
(b) Clym is in the play.
(c) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
(d) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
3. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
(a) She is Thomasin's maid of honor.
(b) To serve as a witness.
(c) Supposedly by coincidence.
(d) She tries to stop the wedding.
4. Who feels responsible for the entire tragedy?
5. Why is Damon irritated?
(a) He wants to stop the wedding.
(b) He is annoyed with Christian.
(c) Mrs. Yeobright does not trust him with Thomasin's money.
(d) He wants to marry Eustacia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they both hear?
2. What do some of the locals notice about Clym?
3. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
4. How does Clym react when he realizes Eustacia is to blame for his mother's death?
5. Where does Clym want to move when he becomes a teacher?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)