|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
(a) Thomasin does not want Clym to ever know.
(b) Thomasin wants to marry Clym.
(c) Thomasin wants to talk to Clym herself.
(d) Thomasin wants Damon to speak with Clym.
2. How does Eustacia tell Damon she is ready to leave?
(a) She goes to meet him at the inn.
(b) She is gives him the signal.
(c) She cries out to him.
(d) She calls him.
3. For what does the boy ask in exchange?
(a) Fifty guineas.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A chance to hold Eustacia's hand for a few minutes.
(d) Clym's autograph.
4. What is the date of the bonfire?
(a) December 5.
(b) November 31.
(c) November 5.
(d) October 31.
5. Who arrives to help?
(b) Captain Vye.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
2. Why is Damon irritated?
3. Why does Clym blame Eustacia completely for his mother's death?
4. To what is Eustacia referring when she says Damon is not a "great" enough man?
5. What is expected of Clym?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)