|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clym blame Eustacia completely for his mother's death?
(a) He hates Eustacia.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He was asleep at the time his mother arrived.
(d) It was her fault.
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
(a) She is allowing Damon to marry Thomasin for her money.
(b) Thomasin will be marrying Venn in two days.
(c) Wildeve has proposed to Eustacia.
(d) The suitor is Diggory.
3. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
(a) Thomasin has married Damon.
(b) Thomasin has taken his money.
(c) His cousin, Thomasin, is jilted on her wedding day.
(d) Thomasin is secretly in love with Diggory.
4. To what is Eustacia referring when she says Damon is not a "great" enough man?
(a) For whom to break her vows.
(b) He is not wealthy enough for her.
(c) He is unkind and untrustworthy.
(d) As Thomasin's husband.
5. How does Clym's mother react when he tells her about his plans?
(a) She is stunned and agitated.
(b) She is pleasantly surprised.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is very excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
2. Who feels responsible for the entire tragedy?
3. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
4. What does Eustacia ask her grandfather?
5. How does Eustacia tell Damon she is ready to leave?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)