|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a mummery?
(a) A place where nuns live.
(b) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
(c) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
(d) A female mummy.
2. What does Thomasin name her baby girl?
(a) Eustacia Clementine.
(b) Damonia Thomasin.
(c) Clymeria Eustacia.
(d) Eustacia Mae.
3. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
(a) Thomasin has married Damon.
(b) Thomasin has taken his money.
(c) His cousin, Thomasin, is jilted on her wedding day.
(d) Thomasin is secretly in love with Diggory.
4. Who feels responsible for the entire tragedy?
5. How does Eustacia tell Damon she is ready to leave?
(a) She is gives him the signal.
(b) She goes to meet him at the inn.
(c) She cries out to him.
(d) She calls him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clym join the group to help get the bucket out of Eustacia's well?
2. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
3. What does Damon do when Thomasin questions him about his whereabouts?
4. Why does Mrs. Yeobright say Clym is no longer allowed in her house?
5. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)