|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) Clym is in the play.
(b) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
(c) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
(d) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
2. How does Clym react when he realizes Eustacia is to blame for his mother's death?
(a) He is enraged.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is depressed.
3. Why are Wildeve's passions for Eustacia renewed?
(a) She agrees to meet with him secretly.
(b) She belongs to another.
(c) She has grown more beautiful.
(d) He no longer loves Thomasin.
4. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
(a) She loves Damon and wants to marry him as soon as possible.
(b) She knows her cousin does not approve of Damon.
(c) She steals her cousin's money to pay for the wedding.
(d) She wishes to preserve the dignity of her family at all costs.
5. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
(a) The two furze-cutters think Clym and Eustacia seem to be two of a kind.
(b) Clym says he thinks she is beautiful.
(c) The furze-cutters tell her she would make a good furze-cutter.
(d) The furze-cutters tell her she is is attractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
2. Why does Charley hide Captain Vye's pistols?
3. How does Clym feel about his mother's death?
4. Why does Clym spend many hours reading?
5. About what does Eustacia have reservations?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)