|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Kenton react to Lisa's actions?
2. How does Stevens react to the revelation?
3. What did some of the dinner guests later say about Lord Darlington?
4. What does Lord Darlington's godson attempt to learn from Lord Darlington at dinner?
5. Stevens remembers the visit of an ambassador from what country?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stevens defines dignity and professionalism as the two main characteristics of a good butler. What other qualities are necessary to be a good butler. What type of person could never be a good butler? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What is the action or item that has precipitated Stevens' latest endeavor? How is he affected by this action or item? How is Stevens' response so out of character for his usual rigid demeanor?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the technique of flashback used extensively in this book. Describe some situations that can be considered flashbacks. Why are they flashbacks? What are the benefits of using flashbacks?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)