|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stevens have tea?
2. Who is the maid that Miss Kenton hires despite Stevens' misgivings?
3. What does Stevens decide about the answer to #113?
4. What decision was Lord Darlington's girlfriend behind?
5. Stevens adamantly denies that Lord Darlington had __________________________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stevens defines dignity and professionalism as the two main characteristics of a good butler. What other qualities are necessary to be a good butler. What type of person could never be a good butler? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the technique of foreshadowing used in this book. Describe some situations that can be considered foreshadowing. Why are they examples of foreshadowing? What are the benefits of using foreshadowing?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the technique of flashback used extensively in this book. Describe some situations that can be considered flashbacks. Why are they flashbacks? What are the benefits of using flashbacks?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)