|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stevens' demeanor regarding Lord Darlington?
2. How does the answer to #125 react?
3. What does Stevens recall when seeing the sign?
4. Stevens remembers the visit of an ambassador from what country?
5. What is the nature of Miss Kenton's family?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Stevens' preparations for his road trip. How do his preparations mirror his personality? Why is the trip out of character for him?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what you think Stevens will do with the balance of his life. What will he do when he returns to Darlington Hall? Will he continue on as before or will he make an attempt to carve out a little life for himself, too? Can he serve himself and still serve others? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
How does Stevens justify the humiliating behavior inflicted by Lord Darlington's guests toward him? What is his view on the laws of nature? Does he truly feel that class distinction has its place even after he has been a victim of its cruelty?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)