|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Stevens' inner feelings about the revelation?
2. Why does Stevens go to Miss Kenton's room?
3. What does Stevens secretly think about Lord Darlington?
4. Who does Stevens talk to on the pier?
5. What does Stevens recall now?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the action or item that has precipitated Stevens' latest endeavor? How is he affected by this action or item? How is Stevens' response so out of character for his usual rigid demeanor?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the unspoken attraction between Stevens and Miss Kenton. How does Miss Kenton try to get to know Stevens on a more personal level? Is she successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the narrative style of writing in the book. Who is the narrator? How is his character defined through this choice of writing style?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)