|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town does Stevens explore in the morning?
2. Stevens adamantly denies that Lord Darlington had __________________________.
3. What does Stevens recall when seeing the sign?
4. Stevens mentions that some of Miss Kenton's letters in the past indicated that _________________________________.
5. What does Stevens not allow himself to do regarding Lord Darlington?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Stevens justify the humiliating behavior inflicted by Lord Darlington's guests toward him? What is his view on the laws of nature? Does he truly feel that class distinction has its place even after he has been a victim of its cruelty?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the technique of flashback used extensively in this book. Describe some situations that can be considered flashbacks. Why are they flashbacks? What are the benefits of using flashbacks?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the technique of foreshadowing used in this book. Describe some situations that can be considered foreshadowing. Why are they examples of foreshadowing? What are the benefits of using foreshadowing?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)