|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stevens doing in the butler's pantry when Miss Kenton enters one evening?
2. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton about Lord Darlington?
3. What was the ambassador's demeanor?
4. What incident does Stevens recall?
5. What has Lord Darlington asked Stevens to do?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the technique of flashback used extensively in this book. Describe some situations that can be considered flashbacks. Why are they flashbacks? What are the benefits of using flashbacks?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the narrative style of writing in the book. Who is the narrator? How is his character defined through this choice of writing style?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the technique of foreshadowing used in this book. Describe some situations that can be considered foreshadowing. Why are they examples of foreshadowing? What are the benefits of using foreshadowing?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)