|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will it be before Stevens will once again see Miss Kenton?
2. What does Miss Kenton say when Stevens asks her about her letter?
3. What does Lisa do in less than a year at Darlington Hall?
4. On what topic does Miss Kenton chide Stevens?
5. What is the town where Miss Kenton lives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of Stevens' sighting of the Giffen Silver Polish sign. What does silver polish signify for him? What did properly polished silver represent to important households? To Stevens?
Essay Topic 2
Give five character traits for both Stevens and Miss Kenton. How are they similar? How are they dissimilar?
Essay Topic 3
When Stevens runs out of gas, he spends the night in a small town where the people think he is some sort of dignitary. Why does Stevens not speak up and amend their views? Does Stevens want the people to think he is important? Or does he just not want to engage in any way with personal dialogue with strangers? Explain.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)