Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stevens' demeanor regarding Lord Darlington?
2. How does the answer to #125 react?
3. What does Stevens recall when seeing the sign?
4. Stevens remembers the visit of an ambassador from what country?
5. What is the nature of Miss Kenton's family?
Describe the unspoken attraction between Stevens and Miss Kenton. How does Miss Kenton try to get to know Stevens on a more personal level? Is she successful? Why or why not?
Stevens must have some idea of Lord Darlington's political tendencies given the nature of his guests during this period in history. How does he justify Lord Darlington's actions? Is Stevens smarter than Lord Darlington gives him credit for? Explain.
Explain the narrative style of writing in the book. Who is the narrator? How is his character defined through this choice of writing style?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)