|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign does Stevens see?
2. What does Stevens recall when seeing the sign?
3. Who must inform Stevens inform of Lord Darlington's decision?
4. What town does Stevens explore in the morning?
5. What does Stevens recall now?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give five character traits for both Stevens and Miss Kenton. How are they similar? How are they dissimilar?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the narrative style of writing in the book. Who is the narrator? How is his character defined through this choice of writing style?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the technique of foreshadowing used in this book. Describe some situations that can be considered foreshadowing. Why are they examples of foreshadowing? What are the benefits of using foreshadowing?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)