|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stevens decide about the answer to #113?
2. What town does Stevens explore in the morning?
3. What incident does Stevens recall?
4. How long will it be before Stevens will once again see Miss Kenton?
5. What do Stevens and Miss Kenton do each evening?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the narrative style of writing in the book. Who is the narrator? How is his character defined through this choice of writing style?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the technique of symbolism used extensively in this book. Describe some situations that can be considered symbolism. Why are they examples of symbolism? What are the benefits of using symbolism?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the technique of flashback used extensively in this book. Describe some situations that can be considered flashbacks. Why are they flashbacks? What are the benefits of using flashbacks?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)