|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stevens have tea?
2. What did some of the dinner guests later say about Lord Darlington?
3. Lord Darlington had withdrawn from what group?
4. What good news does Miss Kenton have about her daughter?
5. For what do the other people sitting on the pier wait?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Stevens justify the humiliating behavior inflicted by Lord Darlington's guests toward him? What is his view on the laws of nature? Does he truly feel that class distinction has its place even after he has been a victim of its cruelty?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Stevens' preparations for his road trip. How do his preparations mirror his personality? Why is the trip out of character for him?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the resignation of Lisa is so wounding to Miss Kenton. How did Lisa betray Miss Kenton's trust? Why does Miss Kenton think Lisa is foolish? Why is Miss Kenton secretly jealous of Lisa?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)