|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stevens begin to doubt that Miss Kenton will show up?
2. What does Stevens secretly think about Lord Darlington?
3. Who does Stevens talk to on the pier?
4. The doctor had believed in ________________ until he had met the people of his town.
5. What does the doctor ask Stevens' for his view on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Stevens justify the humiliating behavior inflicted by Lord Darlington's guests toward him? What is his view on the laws of nature? Does he truly feel that class distinction has its place even after he has been a victim of its cruelty?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why the resignation of Lisa is so wounding to Miss Kenton. How did Lisa betray Miss Kenton's trust? Why does Miss Kenton think Lisa is foolish? Why is Miss Kenton secretly jealous of Lisa?
Essay Topic 3
Stevens must have some idea of Lord Darlington's political tendencies given the nature of his guests during this period in history. How does he justify Lord Darlington's actions? Is Stevens smarter than Lord Darlington gives him credit for? Explain.
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)