Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stevens' demeanor regarding Lord Darlington?
2. How does the answer to #125 react?
3. What does Stevens recall when seeing the sign?
4. Stevens remembers the visit of an ambassador from what country?
5. What is the nature of Miss Kenton's family?
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the resignation of Lisa is so wounding to Miss Kenton. How did Lisa betray Miss Kenton's trust? Why does Miss Kenton think Lisa is foolish? Why is Miss Kenton secretly jealous of Lisa?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Stevens is an unwitting accomplice in anti-Semitic behavior. How does he react when he realizes this fact? Is his reaction in character or out of character? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
How does Stevens justify the humiliating behavior inflicted by Lord Darlington's guests toward him? What is his view on the laws of nature? Does he truly feel that class distinction has its place even after he has been a victim of its cruelty?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)