|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The previous day, Stevens had been picked up by a doctor who brings ____________________.
2. Who was Lord Darlington's girlfriend?
3. What does the butler tell Stevens?
4. How does the answer to #125 react?
5. Why has Miss Kenton not left Darlington Hall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the technique of flashback used extensively in this book. Describe some situations that can be considered flashbacks. Why are they flashbacks? What are the benefits of using flashbacks?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the technique of symbolism used extensively in this book. Describe some situations that can be considered symbolism. Why are they examples of symbolism? What are the benefits of using symbolism?
Essay Topic 3
Explain what you think Stevens will do with the balance of his life. What will he do when he returns to Darlington Hall? Will he continue on as before or will he make an attempt to carve out a little life for himself, too? Can he serve himself and still serve others? Explain.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)