|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stevens' demeanor regarding Lord Darlington?
2. How does the answer to #125 react?
3. What does Stevens recall when seeing the sign?
4. Stevens remembers the visit of an ambassador from what country?
5. What is the nature of Miss Kenton's family?
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the resignation of Lisa is so wounding to Miss Kenton. How did Lisa betray Miss Kenton's trust? Why does Miss Kenton think Lisa is foolish? Why is Miss Kenton secretly jealous of Lisa?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of Stevens' sighting of the Giffen Silver Polish sign. What does silver polish signify for him? What did properly polished silver represent to important households? To Stevens?
Essay Topic 3
Explain what you think Stevens will do with the balance of his life. What will he do when he returns to Darlington Hall? Will he continue on as before or will he make an attempt to carve out a little life for himself, too? Can he serve himself and still serve others? Explain.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)