|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident does Stevens recall?
2. What is Stevens' demeanor regarding Lord Darlington?
3. What does the polished silver indicate about Lord Darlington's household?
4. What did some of the dinner guests later say about Lord Darlington?
5. Where is Stevens when he sees the sign?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the resignation of Lisa is so wounding to Miss Kenton. How did Lisa betray Miss Kenton's trust? Why does Miss Kenton think Lisa is foolish? Why is Miss Kenton secretly jealous of Lisa?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the technique of foreshadowing used in this book. Describe some situations that can be considered foreshadowing. Why are they examples of foreshadowing? What are the benefits of using foreshadowing?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Stevens feel he must be evasive about his employment with Lord Darlington? What has happened to make Stevens change his perspective on Lord Darlington? How does Stevens measure his own life by Lord Darlington's activities?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)