|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Stevens and Miss Kenton part?
2. According to Stevens, Darlington Hall hosted ____________________________________.
3. Lord Darlington had withdrawn from what group?
4. What does Miss Kenton tell Stevens before she leaves for the evening?
5. What does Lord Darlington's godson attempt to learn from Lord Darlington at dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what you think Stevens will do with the balance of his life. What will he do when he returns to Darlington Hall? Will he continue on as before or will he make an attempt to carve out a little life for himself, too? Can he serve himself and still serve others? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
How does Stevens justify the humiliating behavior inflicted by Lord Darlington's guests toward him? What is his view on the laws of nature? Does he truly feel that class distinction has its place even after he has been a victim of its cruelty?
Essay Topic 3
What is the action or item that has precipitated Stevens' latest endeavor? How is he affected by this action or item? How is Stevens' response so out of character for his usual rigid demeanor?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)