Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Mr. Faraday?
2. According to Stevens, a butler must have ________________________ as well as a working knowledge on a number of subjects.
3. Who is Mr. Stevens' current employer?
4. What did Mr. Stevens receive from Miss Kenton?
5. How can Stevens' personality be described?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Stevens a little apprehensive about his meeting with Miss Kenton?
2. Describe Stevens' plans for his road trip.
3. What is the significance of the conversation Stevens has with a stranger on the pier?
4. What surprising news does Miss Kenton reveal to Stevens?
5. Who is Lisa and why does her presence create such a stir at Darlington Hall?
6. How is the staffing situation at Darlington Hall different from the time Miss Kenton had worked there?
7. What happens when Miss Kenton returns to Darlington Hall that evening?
8. Explain Stevens' personal complications during the time of the conference.
9. How has the butler profession changed since the days of Steven's father's time in the job?
10. Who is Mr. Cardinal and what does Stevens recall about him?
Stevens defines dignity and professionalism as the two main characteristics of a good butler. What other qualities are necessary to be a good butler. What type of person could never be a good butler? Explain.
Give five character traits for both Stevens and Miss Kenton. How are they similar? How are they dissimilar?
Describe Stevens' preparations for his road trip. How do his preparations mirror his personality? Why is the trip out of character for him?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)