|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Kenton tell Stevens before she leaves for the evening?
(a) She needs to hire a new maid
(b) A suitor has asked her to marry him
(c) She wants a day off
(d) She has the menus prepared for the next month
2. What does Stevens not allow himself to do regarding Lord Darlington?
(a) Ask for a vacation
(b) Entertain the idea that he was involved in horrific political events
(c) Drink any of the fine brandy
(d) Speak to him directly
3. Stevens adamantly denies that Lord Darlington had __________________________.
(a) a gambling problem
(c) anti-Semite tendencies
(d) an extramarital affair
4. What is Stevens doing in the butler's pantry when Miss Kenton enters one evening?
(a) Taking a nap
(b) Drinking wine
(c) Reading a book
(d) Having a snack
5. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton that shocks her?
(a) Miss Kenton has been dismissed
(b) He has been in love with her for quite awhile
(c) Stevens is leaving Darlington Hall
(d) He had also been upset about the dismissal of the Jewish girls
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stevens ponder again?
2. What topic does Stevens bring up with Miss Kenton in the summerhouse?
3. What is Stevens' demeanor regarding Lord Darlington?
4. What was the ambassador's demeanor?
5. What changed the ambassador's demeanor?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)