|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do the other people sitting on the pier wait?
(a) The dance hall to open
(b) The arrival of the ferry
(c) The turning on of the pier lights
(d) The opening of the bridge
2. How does Stevens react to Lisa's actions?
(a) Derides Miss Kenton for making a poor hiring decision
(b) Tells Miss Kenton that he knew this would happen
(c) Threatens to not give her a positive reference
(d) Tells Miss Kenton that she had worked wonders with Lisa
3. What does the road trip allow Stevens to do?
(a) Reflect on the time employed by Lord Darlington
(b) Visit different tearooms
(c) Take some pictures for his scrapbooks
(d) Sleep in charming inns
4. What town does Stevens explore in the morning?
5. What does Lisa do in less than a year at Darlington Hall?
(a) Gets terminated
(b) Runs off with the second footman
(d) Gets promoted to upstairs maid
Short Answer Questions
1. What did some of the dinner guests later say about Lord Darlington?
2. What is Stevens' demeanor regarding Lord Darlington?
3. What does Stevens recall now?
4. What good news does Miss Kenton have about her daughter?
5. Who is the maid that Miss Kenton hires despite Stevens' misgivings?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)