|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what topic does Miss Kenton chide Stevens?
(a) The new maid, Lisa
(b) His new smoking jacket
(c) The lackluster silver
(d) The errors of the wait staff
2. What does Lisa do in less than a year at Darlington Hall?
(a) Gets terminated
(b) Gets promoted to upstairs maid
(c) Runs off with the second footman
3. How does Stevens react to the revelation?
(d) No reaction
4. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton that shocks her?
(a) He has been in love with her for quite awhile
(b) Miss Kenton has been dismissed
(c) Stevens is leaving Darlington Hall
(d) He had also been upset about the dismissal of the Jewish girls
5. What does Miss Kenton report upon returning to Darlington Hall that evening?
(a) That her purse was stolen in town
(b) That a storm is brewing
(c) That she witnessed an accident in town
(d) That she has accepted a marriage proposal and will be leaving
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton about Lord Darlington?
2. What is the mood of their parting?
3. For what do the other people sitting on the pier wait?
4. According to Stevens, Darlington Hall hosted ____________________________________.
5. What items seem to symbolize Stevens' recollection of the past?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)