|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stevens ponder again?
(a) Silver polish prices
(b) Miss Kenton's letter
(c) Gas for the car
(d) A new umbrella
2. What does Stevens recall when seeing the sign?
(a) He remembers a book he needs
(b) He needs a new raincoat
(c) He wants to buy some tea
(d) Giffen was the silver polish of choice
3. How long did Stevens and Miss Kenton meet?
(a) The whole afternoon
(b) Three hours
(c) Two hours
(d) One hour
4. What did some of the dinner guests later say about Lord Darlington?
(a) He abused the staff
(b) He lost his fortune
(c) He hosted Nazis
(d) He had many affairs
5. What does Stevens secretly think about Lord Darlington?
(a) He may have been involved in Nazi activities
(b) He is gay
(c) He is cheap
(d) He is very ill
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Kenton report upon returning to Darlington Hall that evening?
2. In days past, what would indicate the greatness of a household?
3. What had the people in town thought Stevens to be?
4. What are Stevens' inner feelings about the revelation?
5. The previous day, Stevens had been picked up by a doctor who brings ____________________.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)