|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stevens secretly think about Lord Darlington?
(a) He is cheap
(b) He may have been involved in Nazi activities
(c) He is gay
(d) He is very ill
2. According to Stevens, Darlington Hall hosted ____________________________________.
(a) only the noblest people from British and world society
(c) an occasional Nazi
(d) anyone who wanted an invitation
3. To what issue does Stevens return in his thoughts?
(a) Silver polish
(b) His father
(c) Lord Darlington's alleged anti-Semitism
(d) Miss Kenton's letter
4. What decision was Lord Darlington's girlfriend behind?
(a) The acquisition of new antiques
(b) Remodeling of the guest suites
(c) The termination of employment of two Jewish maids
(d) The purchase of new silver pieces
5. What does the butler tell Stevens?
(a) Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise
(b) An apple a day keeps the doctor away
(c) All's well that ends well
(d) The evening is the best part of the day
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mood of their parting?
2. What good news does Miss Kenton have about her daughter?
3. What sign does Stevens see?
4. What does Stevens decide about the answer to #113?
5. Who was Lord Darlington's girlfriend?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)