|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stevens talk to on the pier?
(a) A postal worker
(b) A fisherman
(c) A dockworker
(d) Another butler
2. What does the road trip allow Stevens to do?
(a) Reflect on the time employed by Lord Darlington
(b) Sleep in charming inns
(c) Visit different tearooms
(d) Take some pictures for his scrapbooks
3. What does Stevens secretly think about Lord Darlington?
(a) He may have been involved in Nazi activities
(b) He is gay
(c) He is very ill
(d) He is cheap
4. What is the nature of Miss Kenton's family?
(a) She has no family
(b) She is an only child
(c) She is an orphan
(d) She is the youngest
5. How does Stevens react to the revelation?
(c) No reaction
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stevens doing in the butler's pantry when Miss Kenton enters one evening?
2. What had the people in town thought Stevens to be?
3. What does Lord Darlington's godson try to get Stevens to admit?
4. What else does Stevens recall about the ambassador's visit?
5. Lord Darlington had withdrawn from what group?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)