|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stevens recall when seeing the sign?
(a) He wants to buy some tea
(b) Giffen was the silver polish of choice
(c) He remembers a book he needs
(d) He needs a new raincoat
2. What does the butler tell Stevens?
(a) An apple a day keeps the doctor away
(b) The evening is the best part of the day
(c) All's well that ends well
(d) Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise
3. Who was Lord Darlington's girlfriend?
(a) Marlene Dietrich
(b) Princess Margaret
(c) Carolyn Barnet
(d) Miss Kenton
4. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton that shocks her?
(a) He has been in love with her for quite awhile
(b) Stevens is leaving Darlington Hall
(c) Miss Kenton has been dismissed
(d) He had also been upset about the dismissal of the Jewish girls
5. The previous day, Stevens had been picked up by a doctor who brings ____________________.
(a) a map
(b) his bag
(c) a picnic lunch
(d) fuel for Stevens' car
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stevens go to Miss Kenton's room?
2. When was Stevens' meeting with Miss Kenton?
3. In days past, what would indicate the greatness of a household?
4. For what do the other people sitting on the pier wait?
5. What does the doctor ask Stevens' for his view on?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)