|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the polished silver indicate about Lord Darlington's household?
(a) Many parties
(b) Obsessive compulsive behavior
(c) Only the surface of things matters
2. How does the answer to #125 react?
(b) Not surprised
3. According to Stevens, Darlington Hall hosted ____________________________________.
(a) anyone who wanted an invitation
(c) only the noblest people from British and world society
(d) an occasional Nazi
4. What does Stevens secretly think about Lord Darlington?
(a) He is gay
(b) He is cheap
(c) He is very ill
(d) He may have been involved in Nazi activities
5. What does Stevens try to get Miss Kenton to understand?
(a) Her household budgets are exceeding their limits
(b) Personal feelings have no place in the running of the household
(c) The maids are wearing their uniforms too short
(d) The butlers are within his domain, not hers
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Stevens recall about the ambassador's visit?
2. What is the profession of Lord Darlington's godson?
3. In days past, what would indicate the greatness of a household?
4. What sign does Stevens see?
5. What does Lord Darlington's godson try to get Stevens to admit?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)