|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what topic does Miss Kenton chide Stevens?
(a) The lackluster silver
(b) The new maid, Lisa
(c) His new smoking jacket
(d) The errors of the wait staff
2. Why does Stevens chide Miss Kenton periodically?
(a) Because she is in love
(b) Because she did not resign as she threatened
(c) Because she has a new hairstyle
(d) Because she has a secret admirer
3. What is Stevens doing in Day 6, Evening?
(a) Sitting on a bench at a pier
(b) Having dinner at the hotel
(c) Driving back to Darlington Hall
(d) Checking out of the hotel
4. What does Lord Darlington's godson attempt to learn from Lord Darlington at dinner?
(a) Who Lord Darlington's guests will be tonight
(b) With whom Lord Darlington is having an affair
(c) Whether Lord Darlington has included his godson in his will
(d) How Lord Darlington intends to vote in the next election
5. Miss Kenton passes off those letters as __________________________.
(a) temporary frustrations in the adjustment to marriage
(b) cathartic releases
(c) the ramblings of a hysterical woman
(d) just a way to make Stevens jealous
Short Answer Questions
1. What did some of the dinner guests later say about Lord Darlington?
2. What does Stevens recall when seeing the sign?
3. What kind of night does Stevens spend at the inn?
4. How long did Stevens and Miss Kenton meet?
5. Why does Stevens begin to doubt that Miss Kenton will show up?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)