|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Miss Kenton reveal to Stevens?
(a) She had an abortion a few years ago
(b) She and her husband adopted their daughter
(c) She plans to remain with her husband
(d) Lord Darlington had proposed to her years ago
2. What does Stevens try to get Miss Kenton to understand?
(a) Personal feelings have no place in the running of the household
(b) The maids are wearing their uniforms too short
(c) Her household budgets are exceeding their limits
(d) The butlers are within his domain, not hers
3. What does Stevens ponder again?
(a) Silver polish prices
(b) A new umbrella
(c) Miss Kenton's letter
(d) Gas for the car
4. What does the doctor ask Stevens' for his view on?
5. What can the doctor tell about Stevens by his demeanor?
(a) He is from Scotland
(b) He is an educated man
(c) He is apprehensive
(d) He is a manservant
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisa leave for Miss Kenton?
2. What does the polished silver indicate about Lord Darlington's household?
3. What does Miss Kenton report upon returning to Darlington Hall that evening?
4. What does Stevens not allow himself to do regarding Lord Darlington?
5. Stevens mentions that some of Miss Kenton's letters in the past indicated that _________________________________.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)