|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stevens go to Miss Kenton's room?
(a) To get the menus for an upcoming event
(b) To give Miss Kenton some news about a maid
(c) To take Miss Kenton some hot chocolate
(d) To tell her that Lord Darlington's godson needs a room for the night
2. What topic does Stevens bring up with Miss Kenton in the summerhouse?
(a) The menus for the week
(b) Her threat of resignation
(c) A party that Lord Darlington wants to host
(d) The attire of the downstairs staff
3. What does Stevens do as he waits for Miss Kenton?
(a) Does a crossword puzzle
(b) Reads the paper
(c) Talks with some tourists
(d) Sips tea and watches the rain
4. What does Stevens recall now?
(a) Packing a new sweater
(b) Having the car serviced
(c) His meeting with Miss Kenton
(d) A conversation with his father
5. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton about Lord Darlington?
(a) He has a terminal illness
(b) He will be leaving England soon
(c) He admits to the injustice of dismissing the two maids
(d) He is secretly in love with Miss Kenton
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stevens react to the revelation?
2. Lord Darlington had withdrawn from what group?
3. According to Stevens, Darlington Hall hosted ____________________________________.
4. Why does Stevens begin to doubt that Miss Kenton will show up?
5. How does Stevens react to Lisa's actions?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)