|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stevens fear will belie his true feelings about Lord Darlington?
(b) Little white lies
(c) Melancholy musings
2. What did Miss Kenton call Stevens' father one day?
(a) A tyrant
(c) A nuisance
3. What is the state of the relationship between Mr. Stevens and Mr. Faraday?
4. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
(a) An apple orchard
(b) A church
(c) A barn
(d) A bench
5. What quality does Stevens thinks makes a good butler?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Stevens hope to purchase before his trip?
2. What is Lord Darlington's hope for the conference?
3. When did Lord Darlington host a conference of important men from around the world?
4. How many dignitaries are expected?
5. What does Stevens think about in the time before breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stevens encounter the next morning that reminds him of serving in a great household?
2. Why does Stevens evade the question about being employed by Lord Darlington at one time?
3. What does Stevens learn is the primary point to be accomplished at the conference?
4. What does Stevens do after finding out that Mr. Cardinal plans to stay the night.
5. How is the staffing situation at Darlington Hall different from the time Miss Kenton had worked there?
6. What happens when Miss Kenton returns to Darlington Hall that evening?
7. How does Stevens feel about visiting the small pond?
8. How does the Day 6, Evening Chapter begin?
9. How has Stevens' road trip been both beneficial and uncomfortable for him?
10. What is the significance of the March 23 conference hosted by Lord Darlington?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)