Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is Mr. Faraday?
2. According to Stevens, a butler must have ________________________ as well as a working knowledge on a number of subjects.
(a) a command of the language
(b) new clothes
(c) strong faith
(d) a driver's license
3. Who is Mr. Stevens' current employer?
(a) Margaret Thatcher
(b) Mr. Farraday
(c) Winston Churchill
(d) Tony Blair
4. What did Mr. Stevens receive from Miss Kenton?
(a) Tickets to the theater
(b) A letter
(c) A Christmas gift
(d) A birthday card
5. How can Stevens' personality be described?
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevens watches some people who are doing what?
2. In what country does Mr. Stevens life?
3. What was the number of staff employed at Darlington Hall 20 years ago?
4. What is Miss Kenton's name now that she is married?
5. Where did Stevens spend the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Stevens a little apprehensive about his meeting with Miss Kenton?
2. Describe Stevens' plans for his road trip.
3. What is the significance of the conversation Stevens has with a stranger on the pier?
4. What surprising news does Miss Kenton reveal to Stevens?
5. Who is Lisa and why does her presence create such a stir at Darlington Hall?
6. How is the staffing situation at Darlington Hall different from the time Miss Kenton had worked there?
7. What happens when Miss Kenton returns to Darlington Hall that evening?
8. Explain Stevens' personal complications during the time of the conference.
9. How has the butler profession changed since the days of Steven's father's time in the job?
10. Who is Mr. Cardinal and what does Stevens recall about him?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)