|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Stevens compare being asked about a former employer in the presence of a current one?
(a) A student in the principal's office
(b) Being stopped by a police officer
(c) A divorced woman with her current husband present
(d) Being caught shoplifting
2. What does this road trip supply for Stevens?
(a) Time alone to ponder and reminisce
(b) A shopping excursion
(c) A well-deserved vacation
(d) A chance to meet new vendors
3. What is the current number of staff at Darlington Hall?
4. Stevens does not want people to get the idea that he is ___________________ about working for Lord Darlington.
5. Why does Stevens awaken early?
(a) A faulty alarm clock
(b) Unfamiliar surroundings
(c) A noisy neighbor
(d) A rooster crowed
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality does Stevens thinks makes a good butler?
2. What has been the nature of Mr. Stevens' trips?
3. In what does Mr. Faraday want to invest for Darlington Hall?
4. What does the elder Mr. Stevens tell Stevens?
5. What is Mr. Stevens considering at point in time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Miss Kenton's reaction to the dismissal of the Jewish girls?
2. How has the butler profession changed since the days of Steven's father's time in the job?
3. Why is Stevens a little apprehensive about his meeting with Miss Kenton?
4. What event occurs to force a change in the elder Mr. Stevens' role at Darlington Hall?
5. How does the scene at the pond indicate Stevens' state of mind during his road trip?
6. What surprising news does Miss Kenton reveal to Stevens?
7. Describe Miss Kenton's situation.
8. On what occasion does Stevens lie about his employment with Lord Darlington?
9. Explain the symbolism of the polished silver.
10. How does the Day 6, Evening Chapter begin?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)