|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Stevens' profession?
2. Voicing his comparisons of himself to other butlers would be ____________.
3. How many dignitaries are expected?
4. What is Lord Darlington's hope for the conference?
(a) That it will start on time
(b) Develop a coalition to provide aid to Germany
(c) That it will be the last one he has to host
(d) That everyone will have a good time
5. By what is Stevens conflicted?
(a) Gossip and personal observations
(b) Duty and personal observations
(c) Duty and opinions
(d) Questions and opinions
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been the nature of Mr. Stevens' trips?
2. Stevens believes that the rungs of a social ladder have been replaced by __________.
3. Where did Stevens spend the night?
4. How does Stevens feel about serving at Darlington Hall for so many years?
5. In what does Mr. Faraday want to invest for Darlington Hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Stevens' reserve shown regarding Miss Kenton's letter?
2. What does Stevens do after finding out that Mr. Cardinal plans to stay the night.
3. What is the significance of the conversation Stevens has with a stranger on the pier?
4. What was the nature of Stevens' meeting with Miss Kenton?
5. What does Stevens learn is the primary point to be accomplished at the conference?
6. What is the extent of Stevens' travels during his lifetime?
7. How does the Day 6, Evening Chapter begin?
8. Describe Stevens' demeanor and bearing.
9. Describe what happens when Stevens parks the car to view an unfamiliar spot on his trip.
10. What concerns does Mr. Cardinal have regarding Lord Darlington?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)