|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stevens react to the revelation?
(d) No reaction
2. What kind of night does Stevens spend at the inn?
3. On what topic does Miss Kenton chide Stevens?
(a) The errors of the wait staff
(b) His new smoking jacket
(c) The new maid, Lisa
(d) The lackluster silver
4. What does Miss Kenton report upon returning to Darlington Hall that evening?
(a) That she has accepted a marriage proposal and will be leaving
(b) That her purse was stolen in town
(c) That a storm is brewing
(d) That she witnessed an accident in town
5. What has Lord Darlington asked Stevens to do?
(a) Arrange a birthday celebration for a friend
(b) Pick up a gift at the jeweler's
(c) Terminate Miss Kenton
(d) Find the Jewish girls and give them some compensation
6. What does Lisa leave for Miss Kenton?
(a) A note
(b) A bouquet
(c) A pen
(d) A book
7. What else does Stevens recall about the ambassador's visit?
(a) He was demanding about his clothing
(b) He wanted cognanc and cigars in his room each night
(c) Many people wanted to be dinner guests with him
(d) He would sleep past noon
8. How does the answer to #125 react?
(b) Not surprised
9. To what issue does Stevens return in his thoughts?
(a) His father
(b) Silver polish
(c) Miss Kenton's letter
(d) Lord Darlington's alleged anti-Semitism
10. Why does Stevens go to Miss Kenton's room?
(a) To take Miss Kenton some hot chocolate
(b) To tell her that Lord Darlington's godson needs a room for the night
(c) To give Miss Kenton some news about a maid
(d) To get the menus for an upcoming event
11. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton about Lord Darlington?
(a) He is secretly in love with Miss Kenton
(b) He has a terminal illness
(c) He admits to the injustice of dismissing the two maids
(d) He will be leaving England soon
12. What beverage do Stevens and Miss Kenton enjoy each evening?
(b) Hot cocoa
13. What is the nature of Miss Kenton's family?
(a) She has no family
(b) She is the youngest
(c) She is an only child
(d) She is an orphan
14. Stevens remembers the visit of an ambassador from what country?
15. What do Stevens and Miss Kenton do each evening?
(a) Meet to discuss the household
(b) Listen to the radio
(c) Play bridge
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevens mentions that some of Miss Kenton's letters in the past indicated that _________________________________.
2. What does Miss Kenton say when Stevens asks her about her letter?
3. What is Stevens doing in the butler's pantry when Miss Kenton enters one evening?
4. What had the people in town thought Stevens to be?
5. What good news does Miss Kenton have about her daughter?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)