|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stevens mentions that some of Miss Kenton's letters in the past indicated that _________________________________.
(a) she was in love with Lord Darlington
(b) she never went through with the marriage
(c) she was in love with Stevens
(d) she was unhappy in her marriage
2. What was the ambassador's demeanor?
3. What event does Stevens recall as he waits for Miss Kenton?
(a) His first day of work at Darlington Hall
(b) The night that Lord Darlington's godson arrived unexpectedly
(c) The death of his father
(d) The dismissal of more Jewish girls
4. What is the mood of their parting?
5. What changed the ambassador's demeanor?
(b) The excellence of the silver
(c) Fine cigars
(d) A fine meal
6. How does the answer to #125 react?
(d) Not surprised
7. How does Stevens react to Miss Kenton's news?
(a) His hopes are dashed
(b) He walks away in silence
(c) He does not react at all
(d) He pushes her to change her mind
8. What does Lisa leave for Miss Kenton?
(a) A bouquet
(b) A book
(c) A note
(d) A pen
9. What does Stevens not allow himself to do regarding Lord Darlington?
(a) Speak to him directly
(b) Entertain the idea that he was involved in horrific political events
(c) Drink any of the fine brandy
(d) Ask for a vacation
10. What town does Stevens explore in the morning?
11. Who is the maid that Miss Kenton hires despite Stevens' misgivings?
12. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton that shocks her?
(a) He has been in love with her for quite awhile
(b) Miss Kenton has been dismissed
(c) Stevens is leaving Darlington Hall
(d) He had also been upset about the dismissal of the Jewish girls
13. Stevens remembers the visit of an ambassador from what country?
14. What is Stevens doing in the butler's pantry when Miss Kenton enters one evening?
(a) Having a snack
(b) Reading a book
(c) Drinking wine
(d) Taking a nap
15. What is Stevens' demeanor regarding Lord Darlington?
(b) Staunch support
(c) Lack of confidence
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stevens recall when seeing the sign?
2. What beverage do Stevens and Miss Kenton enjoy each evening?
3. What sign does Stevens see?
4. What do Stevens and Miss Kenton do each evening?
5. When was Stevens' meeting with Miss Kenton?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)