|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor ask Stevens' for his view on?
2. What is the mood of their parting?
3. When was Stevens' meeting with Miss Kenton?
(a) Two days ago
(c) A week ago
(d) An hour ago
4. Who does Stevens talk to on the pier?
(a) A dockworker
(b) A fisherman
(c) Another butler
(d) A postal worker
5. What does Miss Kenton tell Stevens before she leaves for the evening?
(a) She has the menus prepared for the next month
(b) She wants a day off
(c) A suitor has asked her to marry him
(d) She needs to hire a new maid
6. How does Miss Kenton react to Lisa's actions?
(a) She is outraged
(b) She is distraught
(c) She saw it coming
(d) She is guilty
7. Who is the maid that Miss Kenton hires despite Stevens' misgivings?
8. What good news does Miss Kenton have about her daughter?
(a) She is engaged to be married
(b) She is expecting a child
(c) She just graduated college
(d) She has just received her law degree
9. What else does Stevens recall about the ambassador's visit?
(a) He would sleep past noon
(b) Many people wanted to be dinner guests with him
(c) He wanted cognanc and cigars in his room each night
(d) He was demanding about his clothing
10. Who was Lord Darlington's girlfriend?
(a) Princess Margaret
(b) Carolyn Barnet
(c) Marlene Dietrich
(d) Miss Kenton
11. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton about Lord Darlington?
(a) He admits to the injustice of dismissing the two maids
(b) He will be leaving England soon
(c) He is secretly in love with Miss Kenton
(d) He has a terminal illness
12. What does Lord Darlington's godson attempt to learn from Lord Darlington at dinner?
(a) How Lord Darlington intends to vote in the next election
(b) Who Lord Darlington's guests will be tonight
(c) With whom Lord Darlington is having an affair
(d) Whether Lord Darlington has included his godson in his will
13. What topic does Stevens bring up with Miss Kenton in the summerhouse?
(a) The menus for the week
(b) A party that Lord Darlington wants to host
(c) Her threat of resignation
(d) The attire of the downstairs staff
14. What does Stevens do as he waits for Miss Kenton?
(a) Reads the paper
(b) Does a crossword puzzle
(c) Talks with some tourists
(d) Sips tea and watches the rain
15. What is the nature of Miss Kenton's family?
(a) She has no family
(b) She is the youngest
(c) She is an orphan
(d) She is an only child
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevens remembers the visit of an ambassador from what country?
2. How do Stevens and Miss Kenton part?
3. What items seem to symbolize Stevens' recollection of the past?
4. What did some of the dinner guests later say about Lord Darlington?
5. For what do the other people sitting on the pier wait?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)