|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lord Darlington's godson attempt to learn from Lord Darlington at dinner?
(a) How Lord Darlington intends to vote in the next election
(b) Whether Lord Darlington has included his godson in his will
(c) With whom Lord Darlington is having an affair
(d) Who Lord Darlington's guests will be tonight
2. What are Stevens' inner feelings about the revelation?
3. Where is Stevens when he sees the sign?
4. What does Stevens try to get Miss Kenton to understand?
(a) The butlers are within his domain, not hers
(b) The maids are wearing their uniforms too short
(c) Her household budgets are exceeding their limits
(d) Personal feelings have no place in the running of the household
5. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton that shocks her?
(a) Stevens is leaving Darlington Hall
(b) He has been in love with her for quite awhile
(c) Miss Kenton has been dismissed
(d) He had also been upset about the dismissal of the Jewish girls
6. Who is the maid that Miss Kenton hires despite Stevens' misgivings?
7. Stevens remembers the visit of an ambassador from what country?
8. In days past, what would indicate the greatness of a household?
(a) The quality of the food
(b) The maintenance of the grounds
(c) The number of parties held
(d) The sheen on the silver
9. What items seem to symbolize Stevens' recollection of the past?
(a) The flower arrangements
(b) The trained staff
(c) The polished silver
(d) The fleet of vehicles
10. What does Lisa leave for Miss Kenton?
(a) A bouquet
(b) A book
(c) A pen
(d) A note
11. What beverage do Stevens and Miss Kenton enjoy each evening?
(b) Hot cocoa
12. How does Miss Kenton react to Lisa's actions?
(a) She is outraged
(b) She is distraught
(c) She saw it coming
(d) She is guilty
13. What decision was Lord Darlington's girlfriend behind?
(a) The acquisition of new antiques
(b) Remodeling of the guest suites
(c) The purchase of new silver pieces
(d) The termination of employment of two Jewish maids
14. What changed the ambassador's demeanor?
(a) The excellence of the silver
(b) Fine cigars
(c) A fine meal
15. What does Miss Kenton say when Stevens asks her about her letter?
(a) She is divorcing her husband
(b) She is happy with her husband and daughter
(c) She wants to come back to Darlington Hall
(d) She regrets sending the letter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stevens recall now?
2. What has Lord Darlington asked Stevens to do?
3. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton about Lord Darlington?
4. How is Mr. Farraday different from Lord Darlington?
5. Stevens adamantly denies that Lord Darlington had __________________________.
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)