|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stevens' demeanor regarding Lord Darlington?
(b) Lack of confidence
(d) Staunch support
2. How does the answer to #125 react?
(c) Not surprised
3. What does Stevens recall when seeing the sign?
(a) He wants to buy some tea
(b) Giffen was the silver polish of choice
(c) He remembers a book he needs
(d) He needs a new raincoat
4. Stevens remembers the visit of an ambassador from what country?
5. What is the nature of Miss Kenton's family?
(a) She is an orphan
(b) She is an only child
(c) She has no family
(d) She is the youngest
6. Stevens mentions that some of Miss Kenton's letters in the past indicated that _________________________________.
(a) she was in love with Lord Darlington
(b) she never went through with the marriage
(c) she was in love with Stevens
(d) she was unhappy in her marriage
7. What sign does Stevens see?
(c) Royal Tea
(d) Giffen Silver Polish Company
8. Stevens adamantly denies that Lord Darlington had __________________________.
(a) anti-Semite tendencies
(c) an extramarital affair
(d) a gambling problem
9. What does Lisa leave for Miss Kenton?
(a) A note
(b) A pen
(c) A bouquet
(d) A book
10. What beverage do Stevens and Miss Kenton enjoy each evening?
(c) Hot cocoa
11. What is Stevens doing in Day 6, Evening?
(a) Sitting on a bench at a pier
(b) Checking out of the hotel
(c) Driving back to Darlington Hall
(d) Having dinner at the hotel
12. What else does Stevens recall about the ambassador's visit?
(a) He wanted cognanc and cigars in his room each night
(b) He was demanding about his clothing
(c) He would sleep past noon
(d) Many people wanted to be dinner guests with him
13. Miss Kenton passes off those letters as __________________________.
(a) just a way to make Stevens jealous
(b) temporary frustrations in the adjustment to marriage
(c) cathartic releases
(d) the ramblings of a hysterical woman
14. What is the town where Miss Kenton lives?
(d) Little Compton
15. What are Stevens' inner feelings about the revelation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Stevens when he sees the sign?
2. How does Stevens react to the revelation?
3. What else does Miss Kenton reveal to Stevens?
4. How long will it be before Stevens will once again see Miss Kenton?
5. What does Stevens try to get Miss Kenton to understand?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)