|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stevens ponder again?
(a) Gas for the car
(b) Silver polish prices
(c) A new umbrella
(d) Miss Kenton's letter
2. The doctor had believed in ________________ until he had met the people of his town.
3. What good news does Miss Kenton have about her daughter?
(a) She is expecting a child
(b) She just graduated college
(c) She is engaged to be married
(d) She has just received her law degree
4. What topic does Stevens bring up with Miss Kenton in the summerhouse?
(a) The menus for the week
(b) Her threat of resignation
(c) The attire of the downstairs staff
(d) A party that Lord Darlington wants to host
5. Stevens remembers the visit of an ambassador from what country?
6. What is the nature of Miss Kenton's family?
(a) She has no family
(b) She is an only child
(c) She is an orphan
(d) She is the youngest
7. How do Stevens and Miss Kenton part?
(a) He takes her to her bus stop
(b) They kiss goodbye in the rain
(c) Knowing they will never see each other again
(d) They do not part
8. What is Stevens doing in the butler's pantry when Miss Kenton enters one evening?
(a) Drinking wine
(b) Reading a book
(c) Taking a nap
(d) Having a snack
9. Lord Darlington had withdrawn from what group?
(a) Communist party
(b) British Union of Fascists
(c) Nazi party
10. Where is Stevens when he sees the sign?
11. Why does Stevens go to Miss Kenton's room?
(a) To tell her that Lord Darlington's godson needs a room for the night
(b) To take Miss Kenton some hot chocolate
(c) To get the menus for an upcoming event
(d) To give Miss Kenton some news about a maid
12. How does Stevens react to Miss Kenton's news?
(a) He walks away in silence
(b) His hopes are dashed
(c) He does not react at all
(d) He pushes her to change her mind
13. What is the profession of Lord Darlington's godson?
14. What does Stevens secretly think about Lord Darlington?
(a) He is very ill
(b) He may have been involved in Nazi activities
(c) He is cheap
(d) He is gay
15. What town does Stevens explore in the morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Kenton reveal to Stevens?
2. Why does Stevens chide Miss Kenton periodically?
3. How long did Stevens and Miss Kenton meet?
4. What is Stevens doing in Day 6, Evening?
5. Why has Miss Kenton not left Darlington Hall?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)