|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the butler tell Stevens?
(a) Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise
(b) All's well that ends well
(c) The evening is the best part of the day
(d) An apple a day keeps the doctor away
2. What is the profession of Lord Darlington's godson?
3. How does the answer to #125 react?
(c) Not surprised
4. What sign does Stevens see?
(a) Giffen Silver Polish Company
(b) Royal Tea
5. How does Stevens react to the revelation?
(c) No reaction
6. What was the ambassador's demeanor?
7. What topic does Stevens bring up with Miss Kenton in the summerhouse?
(a) The attire of the downstairs staff
(b) The menus for the week
(c) Her threat of resignation
(d) A party that Lord Darlington wants to host
8. What is Stevens doing in Day 6, Evening?
(a) Sitting on a bench at a pier
(b) Having dinner at the hotel
(c) Checking out of the hotel
(d) Driving back to Darlington Hall
9. What did some of the dinner guests later say about Lord Darlington?
(a) He hosted Nazis
(b) He lost his fortune
(c) He abused the staff
(d) He had many affairs
10. What does the polished silver indicate about Lord Darlington's household?
(a) Only the surface of things matters
(b) Many parties
(d) Obsessive compulsive behavior
11. What does Miss Kenton tell Stevens before she leaves for the evening?
(a) She needs to hire a new maid
(b) She wants a day off
(c) A suitor has asked her to marry him
(d) She has the menus prepared for the next month
12. How long will it be before Stevens will once again see Miss Kenton?
(a) 24 hours
(b) 3 days
(c) 48 hours
(d) 1 week
13. What does Stevens recall when seeing the sign?
(a) He needs a new raincoat
(b) He wants to buy some tea
(c) He remembers a book he needs
(d) Giffen was the silver polish of choice
14. What does Stevens try to get Miss Kenton to understand?
(a) The maids are wearing their uniforms too short
(b) Personal feelings have no place in the running of the household
(c) Her household budgets are exceeding their limits
(d) The butlers are within his domain, not hers
15. What are Stevens' inner feelings about the revelation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton about Lord Darlington?
2. The previous day, Stevens had been picked up by a doctor who brings ____________________.
3. What had the people in town thought Stevens to be?
4. What does Stevens do as he waits for Miss Kenton?
5. What else does Miss Kenton reveal to Stevens?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)