Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the answer to #125 react?
(d) Not surprised
2. How does Stevens react to Miss Kenton's news?
(a) He launches into hysterics
(b) He goes silent
(c) He professionally congratulates her
(d) He walks away from her
3. What does Lisa do in less than a year at Darlington Hall?
(b) Gets terminated
(c) Runs off with the second footman
(d) Gets promoted to upstairs maid
4. How does Stevens react to Miss Kenton's news?
(a) His hopes are dashed
(b) He does not react at all
(c) He pushes her to change her mind
(d) He walks away in silence
5. Who must inform Stevens inform of Lord Darlington's decision?
(a) The maids
(b) Miss Kenton
(c) The kitchen staff
(d) The upstairs staff
6. How does Stevens react to the revelation?
(c) No reaction
7. What does Stevens secretly think about Lord Darlington?
(a) He is cheap
(b) He is gay
(c) He may have been involved in Nazi activities
(d) He is very ill
8. What is the mood of their parting?
9. What has Lord Darlington asked Stevens to do?
(a) Terminate Miss Kenton
(b) Arrange a birthday celebration for a friend
(c) Pick up a gift at the jeweler's
(d) Find the Jewish girls and give them some compensation
10. Why does Stevens begin to doubt that Miss Kenton will show up?
(a) Miss Kenton never really liked him
(b) He did not receive a return letter from her
(c) He is late and she probably won't return
(d) Miss Kenton has probably changed her mind
11. What incident does Stevens recall?
(a) The elder Mr. Stevens gets cancer
(b) Miss Kenton takes a leave of absence
(c) Two maids are dismissed because they are Jewish
(d) Lord Darlington gets a serious disease
12. What does Miss Kenton tell Stevens before she leaves for the evening?
(a) A suitor has asked her to marry him
(b) She wants a day off
(c) She has the menus prepared for the next month
(d) She needs to hire a new maid
13. For what do the other people sitting on the pier wait?
(a) The turning on of the pier lights
(b) The arrival of the ferry
(c) The dance hall to open
(d) The opening of the bridge
14. How does Miss Kenton react to Lisa's actions?
(a) She is guilty
(b) She is distraught
(c) She is outraged
(d) She saw it coming
15. Who is the maid that Miss Kenton hires despite Stevens' misgivings?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Kenton report upon returning to Darlington Hall that evening?
2. What does Stevens ponder again?
3. What does Stevens do as he waits for Miss Kenton?
4. What kind of night does Stevens spend at the inn?
5. Who is Lord Darlington's godson?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)