|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lord Darlington's godson try to get Stevens to admit?
(a) Who the cute downstairs maid is
(b) If he has ever been married
(c) How much brandy Lord Darlington drinks every night
(d) Who Lord Darlington's guests are
2. What was the ambassador's demeanor?
3. Who must inform Stevens inform of Lord Darlington's decision?
(a) The maids
(b) Miss Kenton
(c) The kitchen staff
(d) The upstairs staff
4. What has Lord Darlington asked Stevens to do?
(a) Find the Jewish girls and give them some compensation
(b) Arrange a birthday celebration for a friend
(c) Pick up a gift at the jeweler's
(d) Terminate Miss Kenton
5. What do Stevens and Miss Kenton do each evening?
(b) Listen to the radio
(c) Meet to discuss the household
(d) Play bridge
6. What does Lord Darlington's godson attempt to learn from Lord Darlington at dinner?
(a) Whether Lord Darlington has included his godson in his will
(b) Who Lord Darlington's guests will be tonight
(c) How Lord Darlington intends to vote in the next election
(d) With whom Lord Darlington is having an affair
7. How long did Stevens and Miss Kenton meet?
(a) Two hours
(b) The whole afternoon
(c) One hour
(d) Three hours
8. What incident does Stevens recall?
(a) The elder Mr. Stevens gets cancer
(b) Two maids are dismissed because they are Jewish
(c) Lord Darlington gets a serious disease
(d) Miss Kenton takes a leave of absence
9. What is Miss Kenton doing when Stevens finds her in the summerhouse?
10. What does Miss Kenton report upon returning to Darlington Hall that evening?
(a) That she has accepted a marriage proposal and will be leaving
(b) That she witnessed an accident in town
(c) That a storm is brewing
(d) That her purse was stolen in town
11. How long will it be before Stevens will once again see Miss Kenton?
(a) 48 hours
(b) 24 hours
(c) 3 days
(d) 1 week
12. What town does Stevens explore in the morning?
13. What does Miss Kenton tell Stevens before she leaves for the evening?
(a) She wants a day off
(b) She needs to hire a new maid
(c) A suitor has asked her to marry him
(d) She has the menus prepared for the next month
14. What is the town where Miss Kenton lives?
(c) Little Compton
15. What kind of night does Stevens spend at the inn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevens mentions that some of Miss Kenton's letters in the past indicated that _________________________________.
2. Where is Stevens when he sees the sign?
3. Why has Miss Kenton not left Darlington Hall?
4. What does Miss Kenton say when Stevens asks her about her letter?
5. What event does Stevens recall as he waits for Miss Kenton?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)