|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the polished silver indicate about Lord Darlington's household?
(a) Obsessive compulsive behavior
(b) Only the surface of things matters
(d) Many parties
2. How does Stevens react to Lisa's actions?
(a) Derides Miss Kenton for making a poor hiring decision
(b) Tells Miss Kenton that he knew this would happen
(c) Tells Miss Kenton that she had worked wonders with Lisa
(d) Threatens to not give her a positive reference
3. How long did Stevens and Miss Kenton meet?
(a) One hour
(b) Two hours
(c) Three hours
(d) The whole afternoon
4. What does the road trip allow Stevens to do?
(a) Reflect on the time employed by Lord Darlington
(b) Visit different tearooms
(c) Sleep in charming inns
(d) Take some pictures for his scrapbooks
5. What does Stevens do as he waits for Miss Kenton?
(a) Talks with some tourists
(b) Reads the paper
(c) Sips tea and watches the rain
(d) Does a crossword puzzle
6. What changed the ambassador's demeanor?
(a) Fine cigars
(b) A fine meal
(d) The excellence of the silver
7. Who is Lord Darlington's godson?
(a) Mr. Beckett
(b) Emory Harrison
(c) Cardinal MacMurphree
(d) Mr. Cardinal
8. What does Stevens recall when seeing the sign?
(a) He needs a new raincoat
(b) Giffen was the silver polish of choice
(c) He remembers a book he needs
(d) He wants to buy some tea
9. What is Stevens doing in Day 6, Evening?
(a) Checking out of the hotel
(b) Sitting on a bench at a pier
(c) Driving back to Darlington Hall
(d) Having dinner at the hotel
10. How does Stevens react to Miss Kenton's news?
(a) He professionally congratulates her
(b) He walks away from her
(c) He launches into hysterics
(d) He goes silent
11. Who must inform Stevens inform of Lord Darlington's decision?
(a) The upstairs staff
(b) Miss Kenton
(c) The kitchen staff
(d) The maids
12. What kind of night does Stevens spend at the inn?
13. What does Stevens try to get Miss Kenton to understand?
(a) Her household budgets are exceeding their limits
(b) The butlers are within his domain, not hers
(c) The maids are wearing their uniforms too short
(d) Personal feelings have no place in the running of the household
14. What town does Stevens explore in the morning?
15. Who was Lord Darlington's girlfriend?
(a) Miss Kenton
(b) Carolyn Barnet
(c) Marlene Dietrich
(d) Princess Margaret
Short Answer Questions
1. What good news does Miss Kenton have about her daughter?
2. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton that shocks her?
3. What is the town where Miss Kenton lives?
4. In days past, what would indicate the greatness of a household?
5. How does Miss Kenton react to Lisa's actions?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)