|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stevens talk to on the pier?
(a) A dockworker
(b) A fisherman
(c) A postal worker
(d) Another butler
2. How does the answer to #125 react?
(d) Not surprised
3. What topic does Stevens bring up with Miss Kenton in the summerhouse?
(a) The menus for the week
(b) The attire of the downstairs staff
(c) Her threat of resignation
(d) A party that Lord Darlington wants to host
4. What else does Miss Kenton reveal to Stevens?
(a) She and her husband adopted their daughter
(b) She had an abortion a few years ago
(c) She plans to remain with her husband
(d) Lord Darlington had proposed to her years ago
5. What does Stevens not allow himself to do regarding Lord Darlington?
(a) Speak to him directly
(b) Ask for a vacation
(c) Entertain the idea that he was involved in horrific political events
(d) Drink any of the fine brandy
6. What does Miss Kenton reveal to Stevens?
(a) She stole silverware before she left Darlington Hall
(b) She could never stand Lord Darlington
(c) She wondered how her life might have been if she and Stevens had shared a life
(d) She had an abortion while at Darlington Hall
7. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton about Lord Darlington?
(a) He has a terminal illness
(b) He will be leaving England soon
(c) He admits to the injustice of dismissing the two maids
(d) He is secretly in love with Miss Kenton
8. What does Miss Kenton say when Stevens asks her about her letter?
(a) She regrets sending the letter
(b) She is happy with her husband and daughter
(c) She is divorcing her husband
(d) She wants to come back to Darlington Hall
9. Stevens remembers the visit of an ambassador from what country?
10. What was the ambassador's demeanor?
11. What does Lisa leave for Miss Kenton?
(a) A note
(b) A pen
(c) A bouquet
(d) A book
12. What does Stevens secretly think about Lord Darlington?
(a) He may have been involved in Nazi activities
(b) He is cheap
(c) He is gay
(d) He is very ill
13. What does Miss Kenton tell Stevens before she leaves for the evening?
(a) A suitor has asked her to marry him
(b) She has the menus prepared for the next month
(c) She needs to hire a new maid
(d) She wants a day off
14. What has Lord Darlington asked Stevens to do?
(a) Pick up a gift at the jeweler's
(b) Find the Jewish girls and give them some compensation
(c) Arrange a birthday celebration for a friend
(d) Terminate Miss Kenton
15. What does the doctor ask Stevens' for his view on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What items seem to symbolize Stevens' recollection of the past?
2. Stevens adamantly denies that Lord Darlington had __________________________.
3. What is Stevens doing in Day 6, Evening?
4. What does Stevens do as he waits for Miss Kenton?
5. What incident does Stevens recall?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)