|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stevens consider the comments people still make about Lord Darlington?
2. What does the car need?
(a) A new tire
(c) A new windshield
(d) Water for the radiator
3. What does Miss Kenton insinuate in her letter?
(a) She may want to return to work at Darlington Hall
(b) That her husband has committed adultery
(c) That she has three children
(d) That she has always loved Stevens
4. How can Stevens' personality be described?
5. How much has Mr. Stevens traveled in his life?
(a) Once every six months
(b) Once a month
(c) Very little
6. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
(a) He is on the edge of the road
(b) He is kind-hearted
(c) He can't see the forest for the trees
(d) He is always headed in the wrong direction
7. What does Stevens consider it to be to talk about a former employer?
(b) Casual conversation
8. How long has Mr. Stevens been employed in this position?
(a) 30 years
(b) 20 years
(c) 3 years
(d) 25 years
9. By what is Stevens conflicted?
(a) Questions and opinions
(b) Gossip and personal observations
(c) Duty and opinions
(d) Duty and personal observations
10. How long has Miss Kenton been gone?
(a) 10 years
(b) 20 years
(c) 2 years
(d) 15 years
11. Stevens does not want people to get the idea that he is ___________________ about working for Lord Darlington.
12. What book does Mr. Stevens consult before leaving on his trip?
(a) The Wonder of England
(b) God's Country
(c) Visit the British Isles
(d) The Back Roads of England
13. What does Stevens tell his father after the accident?
(a) His father needs a month-long holiday
(b) The elder Mr. Stevens can no longer work at Darlington
(c) His father needs to see a doctor
(d) The elder Mr. Stevens' duties have to be reassigned
14. What is Mr. Stevens considering at point in time?
(a) Getting married
(c) Starting his own business
(d) Taking a road trip
15. Where did Stevens spend the night?
(a) A bed and breakfast in Devonshire
(b) A 4-star hotel in London
(c) A guest house in Salisbury
(d) A Holiday Inn
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been the nature of Mr. Stevens' trips?
2. What is the Treaty of Versailles
3. What nationality is Mr. Faraday?
4. What happens when Stevens returns to his duties at the conference?
5. In what does Mr. Faraday want to invest for Darlington Hall?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)