|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Stevens receive from Miss Kenton?
(a) A letter
(b) A Christmas gift
(c) A birthday card
(d) Tickets to the theater
2. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
3. What is the subject of Miss Kenton's letter?
(a) She has a terminal illness
(b) She is starting a restaurant
(c) She is recently divorced with no future plans
(d) She is moving to the United States
4. What does Mr. Stevens hope to purchase before his trip?
(a) New luggage
(b) New clothes
(c) New car
(d) New books
5. What is Stevens able to do in his position of head butler at the conference?
(a) Arranges for evening entertainment
(b) Garners information from all the dignitaries
(c) Control who sleeps in the different rooms
(d) Have some brandy with the men after the meeting ends
6. What does the car need?
(a) A new windshield
(b) Water for the radiator
(d) A new tire
7. What accident does the elder Mr. Stevens have one day?
(a) Falls while carrying a tray of food for guests
(b) He sets fire to the drapes
(c) He is hit by a bicyclist
(d) Trips and falls on an icy sidewalk
8. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
(a) A barn
(b) A church
(c) An apple orchard
(d) A bench
9. What is the state of Miss Kenton's marriage?
(a) It has just ended
(b) It is failing
(c) It is stable
(d) She is a newlywed
10. What is Lord Darlington's hope for the conference?
(a) Develop a coalition to provide aid to Germany
(b) That it will start on time
(c) That everyone will have a good time
(d) That it will be the last one he has to host
11. What is Mr. Stevens' profession?
12. What is Mr. Stevens considering at point in time?
(a) Starting his own business
(b) Taking a road trip
(d) Getting married
13. What does this road trip supply for Stevens?
(a) A shopping excursion
(b) Time alone to ponder and reminisce
(c) A well-deserved vacation
(d) A chance to meet new vendors
14. When Mr. Stevens encounters an old man on the road, what does the old man say?
(a) He is waiting on a bus
(b) He needs a ride to the next town
(c) He invites Stevens into the woods to enjoy the view
(d) He prefers to walk
15. What does Mr. Faraday call Mr. Stevens when he learns of Mr. Stevens' plans to visit Miss Kenton?
(a) Delusional Fool
(b) Eternal Optimist
(c) Ladies Man
(d) Hopeless Romantic
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevens does not want people to get the idea that he is ___________________ about working for Lord Darlington.
2. What did Miss Kenton call Stevens' father one day?
3. Who is in charge of staffing at Darlington Hall?
4. What does the elder Mr. Stevens tell Stevens?
5. Where does Stevens go for help?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)