|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Lord Darlington host a conference of important men from around the world?
(a) May 1925
(b) April 1923
(c) March 1923
(d) March 1939
2. Who is Mr. Stevens' current employer?
(a) Margaret Thatcher
(b) Tony Blair
(c) Winston Churchill
(d) Mr. Farraday
3. What does Mr. Stevens consider critical to his work?
(c) Organizational skills
4. Who is Miss Kenton?
(a) A former housekeeper at Darlington Hall
(b) Mr. Faraday's assistant
(c) A chef at Darlington Hall
(d) Mr. Stevens' sister
5. What question does Stevens ponder as he drives?
(a) Did he turn off the oven?
(b) Did he polish the silver?
(c) Did he turn in the grocer's order?
(d) What qualities makes a good butler?
6. Why does Stevens awaken early?
(a) A faulty alarm clock
(b) A noisy neighbor
(c) A rooster crowed
(d) Unfamiliar surroundings
7. What is the current number of staff at Darlington Hall?
8. What is the state of the relationship between Mr. Stevens and Mr. Faraday?
9. What nationality is Mr. Faraday?
10. How can Stevens' father's demeanor best be described?
(d) Quiet reserve
11. What does this road trip supply for Stevens?
(a) A well-deserved vacation
(b) Time alone to ponder and reminisce
(c) A chance to meet new vendors
(d) A shopping excursion
12. Where does Stevens go for help?
(a) A service station
(b) The next town
(c) A large Victorian house
(d) A nearby farm
13. What is Miss Kenton's name now that she is married?
(a) Mrs. Burnap
(b) Mrs. Benjamin
(c) Mrs. Berne
(d) Mrs. Benn
14. According to Stevens, what is another characteristic of a great butler?
(a) Knowing proper etiquette
(b) Having good posture
(c) Serving in a great household
(d) Being able to stand for a long time
15. What is Stevens content to do?
(b) Sit on a bench and think
(d) Wade in a pond
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dignitaries are expected?
2. In what country does Mr. Stevens life?
3. What is the overall goal of the conference?
4. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
5. Under whom did Stevens train as a butler?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)