Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is Mr. Faraday?
2. According to Stevens, a butler must have ________________________ as well as a working knowledge on a number of subjects.
(a) a command of the language
(b) new clothes
(c) strong faith
(d) a driver's license
3. Who is Mr. Stevens' current employer?
(a) Margaret Thatcher
(b) Mr. Farraday
(c) Winston Churchill
(d) Tony Blair
4. What did Mr. Stevens receive from Miss Kenton?
(a) Tickets to the theater
(b) A letter
(c) A Christmas gift
(d) A birthday card
5. How can Stevens' personality be described?
6. Stevens watches some people who are doing what?
7. In what country does Mr. Stevens life?
(b) United States
8. What was the number of staff employed at Darlington Hall 20 years ago?
9. What is Miss Kenton's name now that she is married?
(a) Mrs. Benjamin
(b) Mrs. Berne
(c) Mrs. Benn
(d) Mrs. Burnap
10. Where did Stevens spend the night?
(a) A 4-star hotel in London
(b) A bed and breakfast in Devonshire
(c) A Holiday Inn
(d) A guest house in Salisbury
11. What happens to the car as Stevens continues on his trip?
(a) The windshield gets cracked by a rock
(b) It emits a heated smell
(c) It gets a bad oil leak
(d) It gets a flat tire
12. What is the subject of Miss Kenton's letter?
(a) She is moving to the United States
(b) She is starting a restaurant
(c) She is recently divorced with no future plans
(d) She has a terminal illness
13. Stevens realizes that he is ______________ when asked about employment with Lord Darlington.
14. What did Miss Kenton call Stevens' father one day?
(a) A nuisance
(d) A tyrant
15. What is the current number of staff at Darlington Hall?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Mr. Stevens been employed in this position?
2. What is the state of Miss Kenton's marriage?
3. What does Stevens consider it to be to talk about a former employer?
4. What does Mr. Stevens consider critical to his work?
5. Under whom did Stevens train as a butler?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)