|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Stevens go to admire some natural beauty?
(a) A nearby pond
(b) A hilltop
(c) A meadow
(d) A woods
2. What did Mr. Stevens receive from Miss Kenton?
(a) A letter
(b) A birthday card
(c) Tickets to the theater
(d) A Christmas gift
3. What does Stevens feel has happened to Lord Darlington's reputation?
(a) It is revered
(b) It is glowing
(c) It is destroyed
(d) It is tarnished
4. What had Miss Kenton brought to Stevens' office at Darlington Hall one day?
(b) New curtains
(c) Fresh flowers
5. Stevens does not want people to get the idea that he is ___________________ about working for Lord Darlington.
6. What is Mr. Stevens' profession?
7. Where has Mr. Stevens been employed for many years?
(a) British Secret Service
(b) Scotland Yard
(c) Darlington Hall
8. How can Stevens' father's demeanor best be described?
(b) Quiet reserve
9. What was the number of staff employed at Darlington Hall 20 years ago?
10. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
(a) A church
(b) An apple orchard
(c) A bench
(d) A barn
11. What book does Mr. Stevens consult before leaving on his trip?
(a) Visit the British Isles
(b) The Back Roads of England
(c) God's Country
(d) The Wonder of England
12. What did Miss Kenton call Stevens' father one day?
(a) A tyrant
(c) A nuisance
13. What is the overall goal of the conference?
(a) Establish the United Nations
(b) Determine who should be the next ruler of Germany
(c) Freeze German reparation payments and withdraw French troops
(d) Discuss the demise of the British monarchy
14. What does Stevens fear will belie his true feelings about Lord Darlington?
(a) Melancholy musings
(c) Little white lies
15. What does Mr. Stevens hope to purchase before his trip?
(a) New clothes
(b) New books
(c) New luggage
(d) New car
Short Answer Questions
1. Under whom did Stevens train as a butler?
2. What is Lord Darlington's hope for the conference?
3. What nationality is Mr. Faraday?
4. Where did Stevens spend the night?
5. Stevens watches some people who are doing what?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)