|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Stevens is not comfortable with American ________________.
2. Who is Miss Kenton?
(a) A former housekeeper at Darlington Hall
(b) Mr. Stevens' sister
(c) A chef at Darlington Hall
(d) Mr. Faraday's assistant
3. What does Mr. Stevens hope to purchase before his trip?
(a) New luggage
(b) New clothes
(c) New books
(d) New car
4. What is Stevens content to do?
(b) Wade in a pond
(c) Sit on a bench and think
5. What does Stevens answer when asked if he had ever worked for Lord Darlington?
(a) He is currently employed by Mr. Farraday
(b) He was proud of his service to Lord Darlington
(c) He was glad to be rid of Lord Darlington
(d) Lord Darlington was always good to him
6. Where does Stevens go to admire some natural beauty?
(a) A nearby pond
(b) A meadow
(c) A hilltop
(d) A woods
7. What does Mr. Faraday call Mr. Stevens when he learns of Mr. Stevens' plans to visit Miss Kenton?
(a) Ladies Man
(b) Eternal Optimist
(c) Hopeless Romantic
(d) Delusional Fool
8. According to Stevens, a butler must have ________________________ as well as a working knowledge on a number of subjects.
(a) new clothes
(b) a driver's license
(c) a command of the language
(d) strong faith
9. What is Mr. Stevens considering at point in time?
(a) Starting his own business
(b) Getting married
(c) Taking a road trip
10. How can Stevens' personality be described?
11. Stevens realizes that he is ______________ when asked about employment with Lord Darlington.
12. How long has Mr. Stevens been employed in this position?
(a) 25 years
(b) 30 years
(c) 3 years
(d) 20 years
13. What is the topic of the conference?
(a) The oil crisis
(b) The British Empire expansion
(c) Global warming
(d) Germany's reparations after World War I
14. How much has Mr. Stevens traveled in his life?
(a) Very little
(b) Once a month
(c) Once every six months
15. Where are the elder Mr. Stevens' tasks outlined?
(a) On a chalkboard
(b) In a journal
(c) On a piece of paper
(d) On a memo pad
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stevens awaken early?
2. What quality does Stevens thinks makes a good butler?
3. What is the current number of staff at Darlington Hall?
4. What is Miss Kenton's name now that she is married?
5. What does Stevens tell his father after the accident?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)