|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 6, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stevens answer when asked if he had ever worked for Lord Darlington?
(a) Lord Darlington was always good to him
(b) He was glad to be rid of Lord Darlington
(c) He was proud of his service to Lord Darlington
(d) He is currently employed by Mr. Farraday
2. What does Stevens try to get Miss Kenton to understand?
(a) Her household budgets are exceeding their limits
(b) Personal feelings have no place in the running of the household
(c) The butlers are within his domain, not hers
(d) The maids are wearing their uniforms too short
3. What does Miss Kenton tell Stevens before she leaves for the evening?
(a) She has the menus prepared for the next month
(b) She needs to hire a new maid
(c) She wants a day off
(d) A suitor has asked her to marry him
4. The previous day, Stevens had been picked up by a doctor who brings ____________________.
(a) fuel for Stevens' car
(b) a map
(c) a picnic lunch
(d) his bag
5. What sign does Stevens see?
(c) Giffen Silver Polish Company
(d) Royal Tea
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the polished silver indicate about Lord Darlington's household?
2. Why does Stevens go to Miss Kenton's room?
3. What is Stevens doing in the butler's pantry when Miss Kenton enters one evening?
4. What was the number of staff employed at Darlington Hall 20 years ago?
5. What kind of night does Stevens spend at the inn?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)