|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 6, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the people in town thought Stevens to be?
(a) A dignitary
(b) A professor
(c) A minister
(d) A lawyer
2. Where has Mr. Stevens been employed for many years?
(b) British Secret Service
(c) Darlington Hall
(d) Scotland Yard
3. According to Stevens, a butler must have ________________________ as well as a working knowledge on a number of subjects.
(a) a driver's license
(b) strong faith
(c) a command of the language
(d) new clothes
4. Stevens believes that the rungs of a social ladder have been replaced by __________.
(a) stepping stones
(b) a wheel
(c) a cart
(d) a step stool
5. What does the doctor ask Stevens' for his view on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been the nature of Mr. Stevens' trips?
2. For what do the other people sitting on the pier wait?
3. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
4. Stevens remembers the visit of an ambassador from what country?
5. What is the overall goal of the conference?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)