|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 6, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Stevens recall about the ambassador's visit?
(a) He wanted cognanc and cigars in his room each night
(b) He would sleep past noon
(c) He was demanding about his clothing
(d) Many people wanted to be dinner guests with him
2. What is the Treaty of Versailles
(a) A French document stored in a museum
(b) Marie Antoinette's coronation document
(c) Louis XIV's declaration of peace
(d) The peace agreement between Germany and the Allies
3. What had Stevens said about employment by Lord Darlington when asked by a guest of Mr. Farraday's?
(a) He loved it
(b) He denied it
(c) He is glad it is over
(d) He hated it
4. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
5. What does Lisa do in less than a year at Darlington Hall?
(a) Runs off with the second footman
(b) Gets terminated
(c) Gets promoted to upstairs maid
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Stevens is not comfortable with American ________________.
2. What does Stevens consider it to be to talk about a former employer?
3. What is the state of Miss Kenton's marriage?
4. What does Stevens answer when asked if he had ever worked for Lord Darlington?
5. What book does Mr. Stevens consult before leaving on his trip?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)