|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 6, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will it be before Stevens will once again see Miss Kenton?
(a) 24 hours
(b) 3 days
(c) 1 week
(d) 48 hours
2. What does Stevens try to get Miss Kenton to understand?
(a) Her household budgets are exceeding their limits
(b) The butlers are within his domain, not hers
(c) Personal feelings have no place in the running of the household
(d) The maids are wearing their uniforms too short
3. According to Stevens, a good butler is probably born with ______________, as it is something that cannot be taught.
(d) Good taste
4. What kind of night does Stevens spend at the inn?
5. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
2. What accident does the elder Mr. Stevens have one day?
3. What beverage do Stevens and Miss Kenton enjoy each evening?
4. Stevens adamantly denies that Lord Darlington had __________________________.
5. Who is Mr. Stevens' current employer?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)