|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 6, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Kenton interrupt the conference to beckon Stevens out of the room?
(a) Stevens' father collapsed and they are waiting for a doctor
(b) The cook has burned the duck for dinner
(c) There is not enough brandy for after dinner drinks
(d) There is a phone call for the French representative
2. According to Stevens, a butler must have ________________________ as well as a working knowledge on a number of subjects.
(a) strong faith
(b) a command of the language
(c) a driver's license
(d) new clothes
3. What does Stevens recall now?
(a) His meeting with Miss Kenton
(b) Having the car serviced
(c) A conversation with his father
(d) Packing a new sweater
4. What does Mr. Stevens hope to purchase before his trip?
(a) New books
(b) New car
(c) New clothes
(d) New luggage
5. Under whom did Stevens train as a butler?
(a) His own father
(b) A professional services organization
(c) His grandfather
(d) The Queen's butler
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lord Darlington's godson try to get Stevens to admit?
2. What is Stevens' demeanor regarding Lord Darlington?
3. Who is the maid that Miss Kenton hires despite Stevens' misgivings?
4. What is the overall goal of the conference?
5. What is Mr. Stevens' demeanor?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)