|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Kenton doing when Stevens finds her in the summerhouse?
2. What is the Treaty of Versailles
(a) The peace agreement between Germany and the Allies
(b) A French document stored in a museum
(c) Louis XIV's declaration of peace
(d) Marie Antoinette's coronation document
3. How can Stevens' father's demeanor best be described?
(c) Quiet reserve
4. How long has Miss Kenton been gone?
(a) 2 years
(b) 20 years
(c) 15 years
(d) 10 years
5. What question does Stevens ponder as he drives?
(a) What qualities makes a good butler?
(b) Did he turn off the oven?
(c) Did he turn in the grocer's order?
(d) Did he polish the silver?
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevens' behavior indicates that he is haunted by ______________________.
2. What does Stevens fear will belie his true feelings about Lord Darlington?
3. What is the subject of Miss Kenton's letter?
4. On what topic does Miss Kenton chide Stevens?
5. The old man tells Stevens that it may be his last chance to ___________________________.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)