|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Farraday's comment makes Mr. Stevens feel __________________.
2. What happens when Stevens returns to his duties at the conference?
(a) The elder Mr. Stevens dies
(b) The conference ends early
(c) The delegates leave to play golf
(d) The men take an afternoon break
3. What did some of the dinner guests later say about Lord Darlington?
(a) He abused the staff
(b) He hosted Nazis
(c) He had many affairs
(d) He lost his fortune
4. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton about Lord Darlington?
(a) He admits to the injustice of dismissing the two maids
(b) He will be leaving England soon
(c) He has a terminal illness
(d) He is secretly in love with Miss Kenton
5. What nationality is Mr. Faraday?
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
2. What was the number of staff employed at Darlington Hall 20 years ago?
3. What incident does Stevens recall?
4. How is Mr. Farraday different from Lord Darlington?
5. What does Stevens think about in the time before breakfast?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)