|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of the conference?
(a) The oil crisis
(b) Germany's reparations after World War I
(c) The British Empire expansion
(d) Global warming
2. What does this road trip supply for Stevens?
(a) A well-deserved vacation
(b) A shopping excursion
(c) Time alone to ponder and reminisce
(d) A chance to meet new vendors
3. What is the current number of staff at Darlington Hall?
4. According to Stevens, Darlington Hall hosted ____________________________________.
(a) only the noblest people from British and world society
(c) anyone who wanted an invitation
(d) an occasional Nazi
5. What does Stevens try to get Miss Kenton to understand?
(a) The maids are wearing their uniforms too short
(b) Personal feelings have no place in the running of the household
(c) The butlers are within his domain, not hers
(d) Her household budgets are exceeding their limits
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lord Darlington's hope for the conference?
2. What book does Mr. Stevens consult before leaving on his trip?
3. Where did Stevens spend the night?
4. How does Stevens feel about this widely accepted position?
5. Who must inform Stevens inform of Lord Darlington's decision?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)