|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stevens awaken early?
(a) Unfamiliar surroundings
(b) A faulty alarm clock
(c) A rooster crowed
(d) A noisy neighbor
2. What sign does Stevens see?
(b) Giffen Silver Polish Company
(c) Royal Tea
3. What is the subject of Miss Kenton's letter?
(a) She is moving to the United States
(b) She is starting a restaurant
(c) She has a terminal illness
(d) She is recently divorced with no future plans
4. According to Stevens, what is another characteristic of a great butler?
(a) Having good posture
(b) Serving in a great household
(c) Knowing proper etiquette
(d) Being able to stand for a long time
5. Who must inform Stevens inform of Lord Darlington's decision?
(a) The upstairs staff
(b) Miss Kenton
(c) The maids
(d) The kitchen staff
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Darlington had withdrawn from what group?
2. Mr. Stevens is not comfortable with American ________________.
3. According to Stevens, Darlington Hall hosted ____________________________________.
4. Why does Stevens' answer put Mr. Farraday in an awkward spot?
5. Why does Miss Kenton interrupt the conference to beckon Stevens out of the room?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)