|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Stevens said about employment by Lord Darlington when asked by a guest of Mr. Farraday's?
(a) He hated it
(b) He denied it
(c) He loved it
(d) He is glad it is over
2. What does Stevens tell his father after the accident?
(a) His father needs to see a doctor
(b) The elder Mr. Stevens can no longer work at Darlington
(c) The elder Mr. Stevens' duties have to be reassigned
(d) His father needs a month-long holiday
3. When Mr. Stevens encounters an old man on the road, what does the old man say?
(a) He is waiting on a bus
(b) He invites Stevens into the woods to enjoy the view
(c) He needs a ride to the next town
(d) He prefers to walk
4. What is Mr. Stevens' demeanor?
(b) Very proper
5. Stevens' behavior indicates that he is haunted by ______________________.
(a) ghosts in the mansion
(b) a lost love
(c) feelings for his father
(d) some ethical situation
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stevens think about in the time before breakfast?
2. What does Stevens fear will belie his true feelings about Lord Darlington?
3. What was Stevens' father's profession?
4. What does Lisa leave for Miss Kenton?
5. What is Mr. Stevens considering at point in time?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)