|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 2, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Stevens ponder as he drives?
(a) Did he turn in the grocer's order?
(b) What qualities makes a good butler?
(c) Did he polish the silver?
(d) Did he turn off the oven?
2. What does Miss Kenton insinuate in her letter?
(a) That her husband has committed adultery
(b) That she has three children
(c) That she has always loved Stevens
(d) She may want to return to work at Darlington Hall
3. In what does Mr. Faraday want to invest for Darlington Hall?
(a) Permanent staff
(b) Staff uniforms
(c) New china
(d) An antique clock
4. What is the subject of Miss Kenton's letter?
(a) She is moving to the United States
(b) She is starting a restaurant
(c) She is recently divorced with no future plans
(d) She has a terminal illness
5. According to Stevens, what is another characteristic of a great butler?
(a) Knowing proper etiquette
(b) Being able to stand for a long time
(c) Having good posture
(d) Serving in a great household
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the car as Stevens continues on his trip?
2. Stevens watches some people who are doing what?
3. What book does Mr. Stevens consult before leaving on his trip?
4. What does Stevens feel has happened to Lord Darlington's reputation?
5. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)