|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 2, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stevens, a butler must have ________________________ as well as a working knowledge on a number of subjects.
(a) strong faith
(b) new clothes
(c) a command of the language
(d) a driver's license
2. What is the Treaty of Versailles
(a) Marie Antoinette's coronation document
(b) Louis XIV's declaration of peace
(c) A French document stored in a museum
(d) The peace agreement between Germany and the Allies
3. What does Stevens tell his father after the accident?
(a) His father needs to see a doctor
(b) His father needs a month-long holiday
(c) The elder Mr. Stevens' duties have to be reassigned
(d) The elder Mr. Stevens can no longer work at Darlington
4. What question does Stevens ponder as he drives?
(a) What qualities makes a good butler?
(b) Did he turn off the oven?
(c) Did he turn in the grocer's order?
(d) Did he polish the silver?
5. Where did Stevens spend the night?
(a) A Holiday Inn
(b) A bed and breakfast in Devonshire
(c) A guest house in Salisbury
(d) A 4-star hotel in London
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does Mr. Stevens life?
2. Where does Stevens go for help?
3. What is Mr. Stevens' profession?
4. How long has Mr. Stevens been employed in this position?
5. To what does Stevens compare being asked about a former employer in the presence of a current one?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)