|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 2, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stevens, a butler must have ________________________ as well as a working knowledge on a number of subjects.
(a) a command of the language
(b) strong faith
(c) new clothes
(d) a driver's license
2. When Mr. Stevens encounters an old man on the road, what does the old man say?
(a) He is waiting on a bus
(b) He invites Stevens into the woods to enjoy the view
(c) He needs a ride to the next town
(d) He prefers to walk
3. Who assists Stevens with his problem?
(c) Traveling salesman
4. How long has Miss Kenton been gone?
(a) 20 years
(b) 15 years
(c) 10 years
(d) 2 years
5. Stevens' behavior indicates that he is haunted by ______________________.
(a) some ethical situation
(b) a lost love
(c) ghosts in the mansion
(d) feelings for his father
Short Answer Questions
1. Voicing his comparisons of himself to other butlers would be ____________.
2. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
3. In what country does Mr. Stevens life?
4. What happens to the car as Stevens continues on his trip?
5. How much has Mr. Stevens traveled in his life?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)