|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 2, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of the conference?
(a) Global warming
(b) The British Empire expansion
(c) Germany's reparations after World War I
(d) The oil crisis
2. What happens to the car as Stevens continues on his trip?
(a) It gets a flat tire
(b) The windshield gets cracked by a rock
(c) It gets a bad oil leak
(d) It emits a heated smell
3. What is Stevens able to do in his position of head butler at the conference?
(a) Have some brandy with the men after the meeting ends
(b) Garners information from all the dignitaries
(c) Control who sleeps in the different rooms
(d) Arranges for evening entertainment
4. What does this road trip supply for Stevens?
(a) A well-deserved vacation
(b) A chance to meet new vendors
(c) Time alone to ponder and reminisce
(d) A shopping excursion
5. What does Miss Kenton insinuate in her letter?
(a) That her husband has committed adultery
(b) She may want to return to work at Darlington Hall
(c) That she has three children
(d) That she has always loved Stevens
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Miss Kenton brought to Stevens' office at Darlington Hall one day?
2. The old man tells Stevens that it may be his last chance to ___________________________.
3. What does Stevens answer when asked if he had ever worked for Lord Darlington?
4. What can be enjoyed at the top of the hill?
5. Under whom did Stevens train as a butler?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)