|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 2, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stevens consider the comments people still make about Lord Darlington?
2. What does the elder Mr. Stevens tell Stevens?
(a) He wants to make out his will
(b) He would like some wine with dinner
(c) Stevens should marry Miss Kenton
(d) He loves him and is proud of him
3. Who is in charge of staffing at Darlington Hall?
(a) Mr. Stevens
(b) Miss Kenton
(c) Mr. Faraday
(d) Lord Darlington
4. By what is Stevens conflicted?
(a) Duty and opinions
(b) Gossip and personal observations
(c) Questions and opinions
(d) Duty and personal observations
5. How does Stevens recall the time of the conference?
(a) Something that he hopes will not be repeated
(b) With pride for persevering personally and professionally
(c) With relief that it is over
(d) One of the worst times of his life
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevens realizes that he is ______________ when asked about employment with Lord Darlington.
2. Stevens believes that the rungs of a social ladder have been replaced by __________.
3. What did Miss Kenton call Stevens' father one day?
4. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
5. Who assists Stevens with his problem?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)