|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 2, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stevens feel about serving at Darlington Hall for so many years?
2. How long has Mr. Stevens been employed in this position?
(a) 20 years
(b) 25 years
(c) 3 years
(d) 30 years
3. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
(a) He is always headed in the wrong direction
(b) He is kind-hearted
(c) He is on the edge of the road
(d) He can't see the forest for the trees
4. What does Mr. Stevens consider critical to his work?
(b) Organizational skills
5. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevens believes that the rungs of a social ladder have been replaced by __________.
2. What does Stevens think about in the time before breakfast?
3. Mr. Stevens is not comfortable with American ________________.
4. What can be enjoyed at the top of the hill?
5. What does Stevens feel has happened to Lord Darlington's reputation?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)