|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 1, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
(a) He can't see the forest for the trees
(b) He is kind-hearted
(c) He is on the edge of the road
(d) He is always headed in the wrong direction
2. What is Mr. Stevens' profession?
3. What does this road trip supply for Stevens?
(a) A chance to meet new vendors
(b) Time alone to ponder and reminisce
(c) A well-deserved vacation
(d) A shopping excursion
4. What is Mr. Stevens' demeanor?
(b) Very proper
5. How long has Mr. Stevens been employed in this position?
(a) 25 years
(b) 20 years
(c) 3 years
(d) 30 years
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Stevens consider critical to his work?
2. In what country does Mr. Stevens life?
3. What did Mr. Stevens receive from Miss Kenton?
4. Voicing his comparisons of himself to other butlers would be ____________.
5. According to Stevens, a butler must have ________________________ as well as a working knowledge on a number of subjects.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)