|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 1, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Stevens' father's profession?
2. The Prologue is written about what time?
(a) April 1956
(b) September 1954
(c) July 1956
(d) May 1957
3. Why has Stevens missed out on a normal life?
(a) He is too shy to get married
(b) He is devoted to his job
(c) He does not like meeting new people
(d) He does not drive
4. Who is Mr. Stevens' current employer?
(a) Margaret Thatcher
(b) Winston Churchill
(c) Tony Blair
(d) Mr. Farraday
5. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
(a) A church
(b) A bench
(c) A barn
(d) An apple orchard
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stevens, a good butler is probably born with ______________, as it is something that cannot be taught.
2. What can be enjoyed at the top of the hill?
3. According to Stevens, a butler must have ________________________ as well as a working knowledge on a number of subjects.
4. In what does Mr. Faraday want to invest for Darlington Hall?
5. What book does Mr. Stevens consult before leaving on his trip?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)