|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 1, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Prologue is written about what time?
(a) May 1957
(b) September 1954
(c) April 1956
(d) July 1956
2. To what does Stevens compare himself?
(a) His father
(b) His mentor
(c) The Queen's butler
(d) The great butlers of the past
3. Who is Miss Kenton?
(a) Mr. Faraday's assistant
(b) A chef at Darlington Hall
(c) Mr. Stevens' sister
(d) A former housekeeper at Darlington Hall
4. What was Stevens' father's profession?
5. Voicing his comparisons of himself to other butlers would be ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Stevens missed out on a normal life?
2. According to Stevens, a good butler is probably born with ______________, as it is something that cannot be taught.
3. What is the subject of Miss Kenton's letter?
4. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
5. In what does Mr. Faraday want to invest for Darlington Hall?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)