|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 1, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stevens, a good butler is probably born with ______________, as it is something that cannot be taught.
(d) Good taste
2. How can Stevens' father's demeanor best be described?
(a) Quiet reserve
3. Under whom did Stevens train as a butler?
(a) His own father
(b) His grandfather
(c) A professional services organization
(d) The Queen's butler
4. Why has Stevens missed out on a normal life?
(a) He is too shy to get married
(b) He does not like meeting new people
(c) He does not drive
(d) He is devoted to his job
5. The Prologue is written about what time?
(a) April 1956
(b) July 1956
(c) May 1957
(d) September 1954
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of staffing at Darlington Hall?
2. What is Mr. Stevens' demeanor?
3. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
4. Mr. Stevens is not comfortable with American ________________.
5. What can be enjoyed at the top of the hill?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)