|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 1, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
(a) He is kind-hearted
(b) He can't see the forest for the trees
(c) He is on the edge of the road
(d) He is always headed in the wrong direction
2. What is Mr. Stevens considering at point in time?
(a) Taking a road trip
(b) Starting his own business
(d) Getting married
3. What has been the nature of Mr. Stevens' trips?
(a) Outings for professional duties
(b) Family holidays
(c) Family vacations
(d) Annual vacations
4. Who is the best butler Stevens has ever seen?
(a) His grandfather
(b) His uncle
(c) His mentor
(d) His father
5. How long has Miss Kenton been gone?
(a) 2 years
(b) 15 years
(c) 20 years
(d) 10 years
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Stevens ponder as he drives?
2. What was Stevens' father's profession?
3. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
4. To what does Stevens compare himself?
5. What does Mr. Stevens consider critical to his work?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)