|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day Four, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stevens ponder again?
(a) A new umbrella
(b) Gas for the car
(c) Silver polish prices
(d) Miss Kenton's letter
2. To what does Stevens compare himself?
(a) His father
(b) His mentor
(c) The Queen's butler
(d) The great butlers of the past
3. What has Lord Darlington asked Stevens to do?
(a) Terminate Miss Kenton
(b) Pick up a gift at the jeweler's
(c) Find the Jewish girls and give them some compensation
(d) Arrange a birthday celebration for a friend
4. What does Stevens try to get Miss Kenton to understand?
(a) The maids are wearing their uniforms too short
(b) Her household budgets are exceeding their limits
(c) Personal feelings have no place in the running of the household
(d) The butlers are within his domain, not hers
5. Where has Mr. Stevens been employed for many years?
(a) Scotland Yard
(b) British Secret Service
(d) Darlington Hall
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assists Stevens with his problem?
2. What is Stevens able to do in his position of head butler at the conference?
3. Where does Stevens go for help?
4. How long has Mr. Stevens been employed in this position?
5. What did Miss Kenton call Stevens' father one day?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)