|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day Four, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stevens tell his father after the accident?
(a) The elder Mr. Stevens' duties have to be reassigned
(b) The elder Mr. Stevens can no longer work at Darlington
(c) His father needs to see a doctor
(d) His father needs a month-long holiday
2. What does the doctor do after attending to the elder Mr. Stevens?
(a) Attends the French delegate who has a foot problem
(b) Writes out a bill
(c) Plays golf with the delegates
(d) Has tea with Lord Darlington
3. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
(a) A barn
(b) An apple orchard
(c) A bench
(d) A church
4. What does Stevens do as he waits for Miss Kenton?
(a) Sips tea and watches the rain
(b) Does a crossword puzzle
(c) Talks with some tourists
(d) Reads the paper
5. What is the subject of Miss Kenton's letter?
(a) She has a terminal illness
(b) She is recently divorced with no future plans
(c) She is starting a restaurant
(d) She is moving to the United States
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of staffing at Darlington Hall?
2. How long will it be before Stevens will once again see Miss Kenton?
3. Mr. Stevens is not comfortable with American ________________.
4. What topic does Stevens bring up with Miss Kenton in the summerhouse?
5. What is Miss Kenton's name now that she is married?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)