|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day Four, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stevens awaken early?
(a) Unfamiliar surroundings
(b) A faulty alarm clock
(c) A noisy neighbor
(d) A rooster crowed
2. By what is Stevens conflicted?
(a) Questions and opinions
(b) Duty and opinions
(c) Gossip and personal observations
(d) Duty and personal observations
3. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton about Lord Darlington?
(a) He has a terminal illness
(b) He will be leaving England soon
(c) He admits to the injustice of dismissing the two maids
(d) He is secretly in love with Miss Kenton
4. What is the profession of Lord Darlington's godson?
5. What had Miss Kenton brought to Stevens' office at Darlington Hall one day?
(b) New curtains
(d) Fresh flowers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor do after attending to the elder Mr. Stevens?
2. What does Stevens consider the comments people still make about Lord Darlington?
3. According to Stevens, a butler must have ________________________ as well as a working knowledge on a number of subjects.
4. Many people associated with the butler profession say that either a man has _______________________ or he does not.
5. What does the road trip allow Stevens to do?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)