|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day Four, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quality does Stevens thinks makes a good butler?
2. How many dignitaries are expected?
3. According to Stevens, Darlington Hall hosted ____________________________________.
(a) anyone who wanted an invitation
(b) only the noblest people from British and world society
(d) an occasional Nazi
4. To what does Stevens compare himself?
(a) His mentor
(b) The Queen's butler
(c) The great butlers of the past
(d) His father
5. Why does Stevens' answer put Mr. Farraday in an awkward spot?
(a) Mr. Farraday had told his guests about Stevens' career with Lord Darlington
(b) Mr. Farraday did not like Lord Darlington
(c) Mr. Farraday does not want Stevens speaking to his guests
(d) The staff should not speak unless spoken to
Short Answer Questions
1. By what is a great household judged?
2. Why does Stevens awaken early?
3. Why does Stevens begin to doubt that Miss Kenton will show up?
4. How does the answer to #125 react?
5. By what is Stevens conflicted?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)