|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day Four, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Stevens recall about the ambassador's visit?
(a) He would sleep past noon
(b) He wanted cognanc and cigars in his room each night
(c) Many people wanted to be dinner guests with him
(d) He was demanding about his clothing
2. What was the ambassador's demeanor?
3. Stevens believes that the rungs of a social ladder have been replaced by __________.
(a) a step stool
(b) a cart
(c) stepping stones
(d) a wheel
4. By what is Stevens conflicted?
(a) Duty and personal observations
(b) Gossip and personal observations
(c) Duty and opinions
(d) Questions and opinions
5. What question does Stevens ponder as he drives?
(a) Did he turn in the grocer's order?
(b) Did he turn off the oven?
(c) Did he polish the silver?
(d) What qualities makes a good butler?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Kenton insinuate in her letter?
2. What does Stevens think about in the time before breakfast?
3. Stevens adamantly denies that Lord Darlington had __________________________.
4. What do Stevens and Miss Kenton do each evening?
5. What does Miss Kenton report upon returning to Darlington Hall that evening?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)