|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day Four, Afternoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the ambassador's demeanor?
2. What does Stevens think about in the time before breakfast?
(a) Buying an umbrella
(b) A noise the car made
(c) Miss Kenton's letter
(d) Getting directions
3. What had Stevens said about employment by Lord Darlington when asked by a guest of Mr. Farraday's?
(a) He hated it
(b) He denied it
(c) He is glad it is over
(d) He loved it
4. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
(a) An apple orchard
(b) A church
(c) A barn
(d) A bench
5. How does Stevens recall the time of the conference?
(a) With pride for persevering personally and professionally
(b) Something that he hopes will not be repeated
(c) One of the worst times of his life
(d) With relief that it is over
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stevens secretly think about Lord Darlington?
2. According to Stevens, Darlington Hall hosted ____________________________________.
3. What does Stevens tell his father after the accident?
4. What book does Mr. Stevens consult before leaving on his trip?
5. What happens when Stevens returns to his duties at the conference?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)