|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 2, Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Stevens missed out on a normal life?
(a) He does not drive
(b) He is too shy to get married
(c) He is devoted to his job
(d) He does not like meeting new people
2. How much has Mr. Stevens traveled in his life?
(a) Once a month
(b) Very little
(c) Once every six months
3. What is the current number of staff at Darlington Hall?
4. What is the overall goal of the conference?
(a) Discuss the demise of the British monarchy
(b) Establish the United Nations
(c) Freeze German reparation payments and withdraw French troops
(d) Determine who should be the next ruler of Germany
5. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
(a) He can't see the forest for the trees
(b) He is always headed in the wrong direction
(c) He is kind-hearted
(d) He is on the edge of the road
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Stevens consider critical to his work?
2. According to Stevens, a butler must have ________________________ as well as a working knowledge on a number of subjects.
3. Under whom did Stevens train as a butler?
4. What is the state of Miss Kenton's marriage?
5. Who is in charge of staffing at Darlington Hall?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)