|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 2, Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accident does the elder Mr. Stevens have one day?
(a) He sets fire to the drapes
(b) Falls while carrying a tray of food for guests
(c) He is hit by a bicyclist
(d) Trips and falls on an icy sidewalk
2. What does this road trip supply for Stevens?
(a) A well-deserved vacation
(b) A chance to meet new vendors
(c) Time alone to ponder and reminisce
(d) A shopping excursion
3. What has been the nature of Mr. Stevens' trips?
(a) Outings for professional duties
(b) Family vacations
(c) Annual vacations
(d) Family holidays
4. Under whom did Stevens train as a butler?
(a) The Queen's butler
(b) His own father
(c) His grandfather
(d) A professional services organization
5. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality does Stevens thinks makes a good butler?
2. According to Stevens, a butler must have ________________________ as well as a working knowledge on a number of subjects.
3. Who is Miss Kenton?
4. Who is Mr. Stevens' current employer?
5. What question does Stevens ponder as he drives?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)