|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 2, Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Stevens ponder as he drives?
(a) Did he polish the silver?
(b) Did he turn off the oven?
(c) What qualities makes a good butler?
(d) Did he turn in the grocer's order?
2. What does this road trip supply for Stevens?
(a) A shopping excursion
(b) A well-deserved vacation
(c) A chance to meet new vendors
(d) Time alone to ponder and reminisce
3. What happens when Stevens returns to his duties at the conference?
(a) The elder Mr. Stevens dies
(b) The conference ends early
(c) The men take an afternoon break
(d) The delegates leave to play golf
4. What did Miss Kenton call Stevens' father one day?
(a) A tyrant
(d) A nuisance
5. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
(a) He is kind-hearted
(b) He can't see the forest for the trees
(c) He is on the edge of the road
(d) He is always headed in the wrong direction
Short Answer Questions
1. How much has Mr. Stevens traveled in his life?
2. How does Stevens feel about this widely accepted position?
3. What is Stevens able to do in his position of head butler at the conference?
4. Who is the best butler Stevens has ever seen?
5. How long has Miss Kenton been gone?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)