|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 2, Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Stevens' father's profession?
2. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
3. What is Stevens able to do in his position of head butler at the conference?
(a) Control who sleeps in the different rooms
(b) Arranges for evening entertainment
(c) Garners information from all the dignitaries
(d) Have some brandy with the men after the meeting ends
4. What does Miss Kenton insinuate in her letter?
(a) That she has three children
(b) That she has always loved Stevens
(c) She may want to return to work at Darlington Hall
(d) That her husband has committed adultery
5. What can be enjoyed at the top of the hill?
(a) A concert
(c) The most beautiful view in England
(d) Poetry reading
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Stevens consider critical to his work?
2. What is the topic of the conference?
3. What did Mr. Stevens receive from Miss Kenton?
4. The Prologue is written about what time?
5. What is the state of Miss Kenton's marriage?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)