|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this road trip supply for Stevens?
(a) A chance to meet new vendors
(b) A well-deserved vacation
(c) Time alone to ponder and reminisce
(d) A shopping excursion
2. What does Stevens tell Miss Kenton about Lord Darlington?
(a) He has a terminal illness
(b) He is secretly in love with Miss Kenton
(c) He admits to the injustice of dismissing the two maids
(d) He will be leaving England soon
3. How does Stevens feel about serving at Darlington Hall for so many years?
4. What had Stevens said about employment by Lord Darlington when asked by a guest of Mr. Farraday's?
(a) He denied it
(b) He is glad it is over
(c) He loved it
(d) He hated it
5. Stevens believes that the rungs of a social ladder have been replaced by __________.
(a) a cart
(b) stepping stones
(c) a wheel
(d) a step stool
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stevens fear will belie his true feelings about Lord Darlington?
2. What is Stevens content to do?
3. Why has Stevens missed out on a normal life?
4. According to Stevens, what is another characteristic of a great butler?
5. Where does Stevens go to admire some natural beauty?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)