|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
(a) He is always headed in the wrong direction
(b) He is kind-hearted
(c) He can't see the forest for the trees
(d) He is on the edge of the road
2. What literary device does the author use when describing Stevens' last chance to see a spectacular view?
3. How does Stevens react to Lisa's actions?
(a) Threatens to not give her a positive reference
(b) Tells Miss Kenton that he knew this would happen
(c) Tells Miss Kenton that she had worked wonders with Lisa
(d) Derides Miss Kenton for making a poor hiring decision
4. What does Stevens try to get Miss Kenton to understand?
(a) Her household budgets are exceeding their limits
(b) The butlers are within his domain, not hers
(c) The maids are wearing their uniforms too short
(d) Personal feelings have no place in the running of the household
5. By what is a great household judged?
(a) Its religious affiliations
(b) Moral fiber and contributions to society
(c) How many parties it has
(d) How well the grounds are manicured
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stevens feel about this widely accepted position?
2. What is Stevens doing in the butler's pantry when Miss Kenton enters one evening?
3. Where does Stevens go for help?
4. To what issue does Stevens return in his thoughts?
5. What does Stevens fear will belie his true feelings about Lord Darlington?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)