|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Stevens ponder as he drives?
(a) Did he turn off the oven?
(b) Did he polish the silver?
(c) What qualities makes a good butler?
(d) Did he turn in the grocer's order?
2. To what does Stevens compare being asked about a former employer in the presence of a current one?
(a) Being caught shoplifting
(b) A divorced woman with her current husband present
(c) A student in the principal's office
(d) Being stopped by a police officer
3. What beverage do Stevens and Miss Kenton enjoy each evening?
(b) Hot cocoa
4. What do Stevens and Miss Kenton do each evening?
(a) Listen to the radio
(b) Play bridge
(d) Meet to discuss the household
5. How does Stevens react to Lisa's actions?
(a) Tells Miss Kenton that she had worked wonders with Lisa
(b) Derides Miss Kenton for making a poor hiring decision
(c) Tells Miss Kenton that he knew this would happen
(d) Threatens to not give her a positive reference
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stevens try to get Miss Kenton to understand?
2. Stevens believes that the rungs of a social ladder have been replaced by __________.
3. What does the car need?
4. How can Stevens' personality be described?
5. According to Stevens, what is another characteristic of a great butler?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)