|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Stevens' father's profession?
2. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
(a) He is kind-hearted
(b) He is always headed in the wrong direction
(c) He is on the edge of the road
(d) He can't see the forest for the trees
3. What incident does Stevens recall?
(a) Lord Darlington gets a serious disease
(b) Two maids are dismissed because they are Jewish
(c) The elder Mr. Stevens gets cancer
(d) Miss Kenton takes a leave of absence
4. According to Stevens, a good butler is probably born with ______________, as it is something that cannot be taught.
(d) Good taste
5. Many people associated with the butler profession say that either a man has _______________________ or he does not.
(a) the proper credentials
(b) the dignified qualities necessary
(c) the right clothes
(d) a sense of humor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the car need?
2. To what issue does Stevens return in his thoughts?
3. What is the nature of Miss Kenton's family?
4. By what is a great household judged?
5. How does Stevens feel about serving at Darlington Hall for so many years?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)