|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Lord Darlington's girlfriend?
(a) Miss Kenton
(b) Princess Margaret
(c) Marlene Dietrich
(d) Carolyn Barnet
2. What does the old man say is at the top of the hill?
(a) An apple orchard
(b) A church
(c) A bench
(d) A barn
3. How does Stevens feel about this widely accepted position?
4. By what is a great household judged?
(a) Moral fiber and contributions to society
(b) How many parties it has
(c) Its religious affiliations
(d) How well the grounds are manicured
5. What does Stevens answer when asked if he had ever worked for Lord Darlington?
(a) Lord Darlington was always good to him
(b) He was glad to be rid of Lord Darlington
(c) He was proud of his service to Lord Darlington
(d) He is currently employed by Mr. Farraday
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Lord Darlington asked Stevens to do?
2. How can Stevens' father's demeanor best be described?
3. Stevens' behavior indicates that he is haunted by ______________________.
4. Who is the maid that Miss Kenton hires despite Stevens' misgivings?
5. Why does Stevens' answer put Mr. Farraday in an awkward spot?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)