|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Stevens missed out on a normal life?
(a) He does not drive
(b) He is devoted to his job
(c) He is too shy to get married
(d) He does not like meeting new people
2. Where does Stevens go for help?
(a) A nearby farm
(b) A large Victorian house
(c) The next town
(d) A service station
3. The old man tells Stevens that it may be his last chance to ___________________________.
(a) sleep at his inn
(b) eat at his restaurant
(c) travel on this road
(d) take in such a spectacular view
4. Stevens does not want people to get the idea that he is ___________________ about working for Lord Darlington.
5. What does Lisa leave for Miss Kenton?
(a) A pen
(b) A note
(c) A book
(d) A bouquet
Short Answer Questions
1. Many people associated with the butler profession say that either a man has _______________________ or he does not.
2. When Mr. Stevens encounters an old man on the road, what does the old man say?
3. What does Lisa do in less than a year at Darlington Hall?
4. By what is a great household judged?
5. According to Stevens, what is another characteristic of a great butler?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)