|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what is a great household judged?
(a) How many parties it has
(b) How well the grounds are manicured
(c) Its religious affiliations
(d) Moral fiber and contributions to society
2. On what topic does Miss Kenton chide Stevens?
(a) The new maid, Lisa
(b) The lackluster silver
(c) His new smoking jacket
(d) The errors of the wait staff
3. What does Stevens answer when asked if he had ever worked for Lord Darlington?
(a) He was proud of his service to Lord Darlington
(b) He is currently employed by Mr. Farraday
(c) He was glad to be rid of Lord Darlington
(d) Lord Darlington was always good to him
4. How does Stevens react to Lisa's actions?
(a) Tells Miss Kenton that he knew this would happen
(b) Tells Miss Kenton that she had worked wonders with Lisa
(c) Derides Miss Kenton for making a poor hiring decision
(d) Threatens to not give her a positive reference
5. How does the encounter with the old man at the forest symbolize Stevens' personality?
(a) He can't see the forest for the trees
(b) He is always headed in the wrong direction
(c) He is kind-hearted
(d) He is on the edge of the road
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Stevens bring up with Miss Kenton in the summerhouse?
2. What does Lisa leave for Miss Kenton?
3. Why does Stevens chide Miss Kenton periodically?
4. How can Stevens' personality be described?
5. What does Stevens consider the comments people still make about Lord Darlington?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)