|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sontag notes that images of war most significantly influenced which of the following groups?
(a) Governing officials making war decisions.
(b) Those who had experienced war, and were suffering from post-traumatic stress.
(c) Artists whose work centers on conscientious objection.
(d) Those who had never experienced war first-hand.
2. Sontag references an agreement in which the United States, France, Great Britain, Germany, Italy and Japan came together to renounce war. What is the name of this agreement?
(a) Kellogg-Briad Pact of 1928.
(b) The Treaty of Brandenburg.
(c) The Treaty of Versailles.
(d) The Non-Aggression Pact of 1937.
3. Which of the following included close-up images of soldiers wounded by war in his/her 1938 film?
(a) Virginia Woolf.
(b) Ernst Friedrich.
(d) Abel Gance.
4. After World War I, the general public thought of the War as:
(a) A hopeless waste of human energy and life.
(b) The war to end all wars.
(c) A clean, necessary and effectively fought war.
(d) An atrocity committed on the world stage.
5. Sontag argues that the most extensive kind of censorship is which of the following?
(a) The self-censorship of broadcast companies.
(b) Military censorship.
(c) Government censorship.
(d) The censorship implied by public sensibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ultimately, Sontag claims that war is:
2. Photographic representations of the Vietnam War was essential to promoting:
3. Sontag suggests that the camera always "kept company with _________".
4. Sontag compares the desire for images of people in pain to which other recurrent type of image?
5. How many images did the "Here Is New York" exhibit originally receive?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)