1. Sontag mentions many factors which influence the way audiences receive war photography. Which of the following was NOT one of those factors?
2. In discussing the difference gender makes in perceptions of war, Sontag agrees with which of the following authors?
(a) Tyler Hicks.
(b) Joyce Carol Oates.
(c) Virginia Woolf.
(d) Henry James.
3. Which Virginia Woolf book does Sontag discuss in detail?
(b) Mrs. Dalloway.
(c) Three Guineas.
(d) The Hours.
4. According to Sontag, why do images of atrocities fail to convey a singular, universal message?
(a) They are inappropriate for mass publication.
(b) They require context and explanation.
(c) They are too graphic.
(d) They inspire only disgust.
5. Audiences may question the veracity of photographs because:
(a) Newspapers and magazines caption the images.
(b) Photojournalists are unreliable.
(c) Images can be staged or manipulated.
(d) Anyone can photograph an event.
This section contains 6,233 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)