|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What recipe concludes Chapter Chapter 34?
2. At what bed and breakfast do Nate and Benford stay while investigating the Electric Boat Shipyard?
3. What word from Chapter 25 means unwilling to spend money or use resources?
4. What is the Neo-Baroque All-Russia Insurance Company building in Moscow that Benford has a photograph of on his office wall?
5. How much money does Volontov give to Bullard as a "downpayment" for the manual until they can verify its authenticity in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about Zyuganov's character in Chapter 30?
2. What is Nate's new assignment in Chapter 22?
3. Who is Stephanie Boucher? What is her position? What are her motivations?
4. What happens as a result of the FBI's actions in Chapter 20?
5. How is the apartment of Jennifer Santini described?
6. What information is Dominika instructed to pass to Egorov in Chapter 37?
7. How is Jennifer Santini described? How does she die?
8. What is the secret swap that Dominika performs in Chapter 20?
9. What leads to the FBI's confrontation with Boucher? What does she do?
10. What information does the reader learn from Egorov's meeting with Putin in Chapter 26?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Dominika's experiences at the Sparrow School. What is the focus of this institution? How many students attend with Dominika? What do the lessons consist of?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the character of Nate Nash in Red Sparrow. What are Nate's objectives in the novel? What obstacles does he face? How does he overcome those obstacles? How would you describe Nate's character arc?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the rivalries between the FBI and CIA that appear in Red Sparrow. What are the origins of these rivalries? How do they play out in the plot? Do you think that the rivalries presented in the text are indicative of true rivalries within these organizations? Why or why not?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)