|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 - 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how old is MARBLE said to be in Chapter 1?
(a) In his seventies.
(b) In his forties.
(c) In his sixties.
(d) In his fifties.
2. In a particular SDR from Chapter 33, Golov makes it appear that what location is his destination?
(a) Mt. Vesuvius.
(b) Mt. Lawrence.
(c) Mt. Vernon.
(d) Mt. Shasta.
3. By what nickname is Socrates Burbank referred to among the Orions?
(a) The Dreamer.
(b) The Designer.
(c) The Philosopher.
(d) The Mathematician.
4. What is the vermilion lamb stew called that Gable orders at the restaurant in Chapter 16?
(a) Pytt i panna.
(b) Rogan josh.
(c) Caviar torte.
5. At what hotel does the swap take place in Chapter 20?
(a) The Four Seasons.
(b) The Kämp Hotel.
(c) The Hotel Amsterdam.
(d) The White Horse Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Nate use in Chapter 16 to describe "The whole national myth--the Motherland, the soil, the hymns, chasing Nazis across the steppes" (204)?
2. What does the word "razdelenie" translate to in English (216)?
3. Who was the initiator of creation of the State Committee on the State of Emergency during the August Coup of 1991?
4. What does Dominika translate the word "zalozhnica" to in English in Chapter 16 (206)?
5. Where does John Paul Bullard work?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)