Chapters 1 - 3
• NOTE: Citations in this Lesson Plan refer to the following version of the book: Matthews, Jason. Red Sparrow. Scribner, a Division of Simon & Schuster, Inc., 2013. First hardcover edition.
• Red Sparrow is a contemporary spy novel by former CIA operative Jason Matthews.
• The narrative of this novel is related from the perspective of a third-person omniscient narrator.
• Chapter 1 introduces Nathaniel “Nate” Nash, a CIA agent who is running a 12-hour SDR—surveillance detection route—to determine that he is not being followed.
• Nate is meeting a double agent within the SVR, the foreign intelligence agency of Russia.
• MARBLE is the code name of the double agent, who has been working with the U.S. government for 14 years and is now the chief of the Americas Department within the SVR.
• The meeting between Nate and MARBLE is to last just seven minutes, during which time MARBLE passes discs...
This section contains 6,231 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)