|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were school classes canceled?
(a) Workers were needed in the mills.
(b) They were creating the wrong kind of students.
(c) Mao wanted a parade.
(d) They were getting dangerous.
2. What was Ji Li most upset about while she was sick with a fever?
(a) Grandpa Hogan's stall.
(b) The poster.
(c) Her confrontation with Jiang Xi.
(d) Her brother joining the Army.
3. What did Ji Li and her classmates point out to each other?
(a) Four Olds.
(d) Red Army members.
4. Who disagreed with the New China campaign?
(a) Ji Li's grandmother.
(b) Ji Li's mother.
(c) An Yi.
(d) Grandpa Hong.
5. What caused Ji Li to take over the cooking in her house?
(a) An Yi moved away.
(b) She came of age.
(c) Song Po-Po was fired.
(d) Her grandmother got sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What announced the search parties?
2. What did Six Fingers run?
3. Where was the Propaganda Wall placed?
4. Where did Jia Hong-yu first see Mao?
5. What did Mom make a comforter out of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was a Four Old?
2. Why did Ji Yung get in his first fights?
3. Why was Ji Li's name included on a poster?
4. What did Ji Li do at Grandpa Hong's?
5. What was the meaning of Ji Li's name?
6. What did Dad do with Grandmother's trunks, and why?
7. Who were the Red Successors?
8. Where did Ji Li go while her house was searched?
9. How did An Yi's grandmother die?
10. Why were classes canceled?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)