|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Propaganda Wall placed?
(a) In the town square.
(b) Behind the public offices.
(c) At the end of the alley.
(d) In front of the school.
2. Where did Ji Li go to watch the sign being broken down?
(a) Nanhong Corridor.
(b) Nappa Lane.
(c) Nanjing Street.
(d) Nallbelow Road.
3. What did Grandma do to make her suspicious to the Red Guard?
(a) Married a land lord.
(b) Hoarded money.
(c) Wrote a rebel book.
(d) Took pictures off the Propaganda Wall.
4. Where did Jia Hong-yu see the largest group of Red Guards?
(a) Shang Hai.
(c) Hong Kong.
5. What happened to Grandpa Hong's stall when classes were canceled?
(a) It was painted over.
(b) It was postered.
(c) It was destroyed.
(d) It was bankrupted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Ji Li sick with a fever?
2. What were the Red Successors?
3. What did people use the Propaganda Wall to do?
4. Where did Jia Hong-yu first see Mao?
5. Who went with Ji Li to hear Jia Hong-yu?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the Red Guard asked to borrow a bike?
2. What did Ji Li do at Grandpa Hong's?
3. What made Ji Li happy to skip school?
4. What was Ji Li's living situation at the beginning of the book?
5. Why did Ji Li have to take over the cooking in her house and how did she feel about this?
6. How did Ji Li respond to the bike incident?
7. What did the sound of drums and gongs mean?
8. Why did Ji Li smell smoke in her house one night?
9. Why were classes canceled?
10. How did Grandmother feel about the Four lds, and how did Ji Li respond to this?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)