|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the New China campaign trying to stomp out?
(a) The old ways.
(b) All of these.
(c) The Japanese influences.
(d) The dynastic ideas.
2. Why were school classes canceled?
(a) Mao wanted a parade.
(b) Workers were needed in the mills.
(c) They were creating the wrong kind of students.
(d) They were getting dangerous.
3. Why was Ji Li included in a poster?
(a) She was a favorite student.
(b) She was a bad student.
(c) She was related to a teacher.
(d) She didn't make any of her own posters.
4. What did Mom make a comforter out of?
(a) Bibs and rags.
(b) Ancestor clothing.
(c) Baby diapers and scarves.
(d) Grandmother's blouses.
5. What was Song Po-Po's occupation?
(d) Land lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went with Ji Li to hear Jia Hong-yu?
2. What kind of clothes did Jiang Xi wear?
3. Where did Jia Hong-yu march?
4. Why did Dad take Grandma on a picnic?
5. How old was Ji Li when the Cultural Revolituion began?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the Red Successors?
2. What did the sound of drums and gongs mean?
3. What did Six Fingers do in the neighborhood?
4. Why did Ji Yung get in his first fights?
5. What did Dad do with Grandmother's trunks, and why?
6. How did Mom preserve her ancestor's clothing?
7. Why was Ji Li unable to be in the Red Successors?
8. Why did Ji Li have to take over the cooking in her house and how did she feel about this?
9. How did An Yi's grandmother die?
10. Why was Ji Li's name included on a poster?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)