|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ji Li respond when she heard someone who disagreed with the New China campaign?
2. What was wrong with the song at the beginning of the book?
(a) The timing was off.
(b) There were not enough boys.
(c) The lyrics were strange.
(d) All of these.
3. How did An Yi comfort Ji Li while she was sick with a fever?
(a) Brought home school work.
(b) Told her the poster would never be noticed.
(c) Told her about a boy who missed her.
(d) Explained the new elections.
4. Why were school classes canceled?
(a) They were getting dangerous.
(b) Mao wanted a parade.
(c) They were creating the wrong kind of students.
(d) Workers were needed in the mills.
5. What did the Red Guard want to borrow from the washboard man?
(a) A bike.
(b) His apartment.
(c) His car.
(d) A hammer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What picture hung on Ji Li's classroom wall at the beginning of the book?
2. Where was the Propaganda Wall placed?
3. What did Ji Li say about Six Fingers?
4. What did the Red Successors lecture Ji Li about?
5. What was Ji Li happy about while she was sick with a fever?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ji Li choose what to put on her posters?
2. What made Ji Li happy to skip school?
3. What happened at the Great Prosperity Market and why?
4. What did Ji Li have to do outside of Jiang-Xi's house?
5. How did An Yi's grandmother die?
6. Why was Ji Li's name included on a poster?
7. What did the sound of drums and gongs mean?
8. What did Six Fingers do in the neighborhood?
9. What kind of honor was Ji Li given at the beginning of the book?
10. What was a Four Old?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)