|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the students told to make when classes were canceled?
(b) Storage units.
(c) Warm clothing.
(d) Bomb shelters.
2. How did Ji Li feel about taking over the cooking in her house?
(a) She was annoyed by this.
(b) She was happy to do it.
(c) She was confused.
(d) She was worried about it.
3. What was never supposed to compromise political principles?
(a) Past influences.
(c) Moral values.
(d) Family relationships.
4. What picture hung on Ji Li's classroom wall at the beginning of the book?
(a) Chairman Mao.
(b) A portrait of Tang.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A photograph of the Great Wall.
5. What made it hard for Jia Hong-yu to march?
(a) Her leaders didn't trust her.
(b) She looked like a man.
(c) Her parents forbade it.
(d) She was so young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Propaganda Wall placed?
2. Why was Ji Li included in a poster?
3. Where was a sign being broken according to An Yi?
4. What did the mop on the balcony mean?
5. Who did not let Ji Li watch search parties?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Ji Li get a lecture from the Red Successors?
2. Why did Ji Li smell smoke in her house one night?
3. Why were classes canceled?
4. What did Six Fingers do in the neighborhood?
5. What happened when the Red Guard asked to borrow a bike?
6. How did An Yi's grandmother die?
7. What kind of honor was Ji Li given at the beginning of the book?
8. Why did Ji Li have to take over the cooking in her house and how did she feel about this?
9. What did the sound of drums and gongs mean?
10. What was a Four Old?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)