|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ji Li and her classmates point out to each other?
(b) Red Army members.
(d) Four Olds.
2. What was wrong with the song at the beginning of the book?
(a) The timing was off.
(b) There were not enough boys.
(c) All of these.
(d) The lyrics were strange.
3. What was Ji Yung doing when something was stolen from him?
(a) Painting a picture.
(b) Taking a walk.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Catching crickets.
4. How was Grandmother taken to the clinic?
(a) They walked.
(b) They used a litter.
(c) They took a pedicab.
(d) They took the bus.
5. What did search parties look for after the posters went up?
(a) Food storage.
(c) Four Olds.
(d) Dynastic treasures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dad send the children away when Tian was visiting?
2. Where did Jia Hong-yu march?
3. How did Ji Li get inspiration for her assignment when classes were canceled?
4. What were the schools in China supposed to be producing?
5. Where was Ji Li supposed to post advertisements when classes were canceled?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ji Li have to take over the cooking in her house and how did she feel about this?
2. What was Ji Li's living situation at the beginning of the book?
3. What did Ji Li have to do outside of Jiang-Xi's house?
4. How did An Yi's grandmother die?
5. What made Ji Li happy to skip school?
6. Who were the Red Successors?
7. What did Six Fingers take from Ji Li and why?
8. What did the sound of drums and gongs mean?
9. What happened at the Great Prosperity Market and why?
10. How did Ji Li choose what to put on her posters?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)