|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the mop on the balcony mean?
(a) It was safe to come home.
(b) Food was low.
(c) Someone had died.
(d) There was danger ahead.
2. Who went with Ji Li to hear Jia Hong-yu?
(a) Ji Yung.
(d) An Yi.
3. How long was Ji Li sick with a fever?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 14 days.
4. What was stolen from Ji Yung to get him in a fight?
(a) An instrument.
(b) His cap.
(c) A book.
(d) His canvas.
5. What was painted on the Propaganda Wall?
(a) Posts about imposters.
(b) A picture of Mao.
(c) A timeline of the old days.
(d) Statements from the Officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ji Li feel about taking over the cooking in her house?
2. What was Long's occupation?
3. What was the sign finally broken with?
4. What was Ji Li happy about while she was sick with a fever?
5. Where did Jia Hong-yu see the largest group of Red Guards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Ji Li was injured in the fields?
2. What made Ji Li so nervous about presenting at the Class Education Exhibition?
3. How did Grandmother feel about the Four lds, and how did Ji Li respond to this?
4. How did Ji Li know that her father was hving troubles at work?
5. Why were classes canceled?
6. What did Zhang Xin say when he first met Ji Li?
7. What did Zhang tell Ji Li when she asked about being chosen to help with the Exhibition?
8. What kind of honor was Ji Li given at the beginning of the book?
9. What did Ji Li hope to achieve at the Exhibition?
10. What was the meaning of Ji Li's name?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)