|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ji Li learn about the New China campaign?
(a) In books.
(b) At home.
(c) In church.
(d) At school.
2. What did Dad decide to paint?
(a) His table.
(b) His door.
(c) Grandmother's vases.
(d) Leather trunks.
3. What did the Red Guard want to borrow from the washboard man?
(a) His car.
(b) His apartment.
(c) A bike.
(d) A hammer.
4. What picture hung on Ji Li's classroom wall at the beginning of the book?
(a) A photograph of the Great Wall.
(b) A dragon.
(c) Chairman Mao.
(d) A portrait of Tang.
5. Why were school classes canceled?
(a) They were getting dangerous.
(b) Mao wanted a parade.
(c) They were creating the wrong kind of students.
(d) Workers were needed in the mills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ji Li know An Yi?
2. What did Ji Li's family do with old pictures?
3. What physical feat was Ji Li tested for at the beginning of the book?
4. What did Six Fingers run?
5. Where did Dad take the children on a picnic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the sound of drums and gongs mean?
2. Why did Ji Li have to take over the cooking in her house and how did she feel about this?
3. How did Ji Li choose what to put on her posters?
4. What did Dad do with Grandmother's trunks, and why?
5. What happened at the Great Prosperity Market and why?
6. What happened when the Red Guard asked to borrow a bike?
7. Why were classes canceled?
8. What was a Four Old?
9. Where did Ji Li go while her house was searched?
10. What did Six Fingers do in the neighborhood?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)