|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ji Li know An Yi?
(a) They were co-workers.
(b) They were friends.
(c) They were cousins.
(d) They were neighbors.
2. Where did Jia Hong-yu march?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The Japanese front.
(c) The beach.
(d) Shang Hai.
3. What did Ji Li and her classmates point out to each other?
(b) Red Army members.
(c) Four Olds.
4. What Committee was over education when the schools re-opened?
5. How did Ji Li feel about taking over the cooking in her house?
(a) She was happy to do it.
(b) She was annoyed by this.
(c) She was confused.
(d) She was worried about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was stolen from Ji Yung to get him in a fight?
2. What did Ji Li rent from Grandpa Hong?
3. Where did Ji Li learn about the New China campaign?
4. How did An Yi comfort Ji Li while she was sick with a fever?
5. What did Ji Li's family do with old pictures?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did An Yi's grandmother die?
2. What did the sound of drums and gongs mean?
3. What kind of honor was Ji Li given at the beginning of the book?
4. Why did Ji Li smell smoke in her house one night?
5. Why did Ji Li have to take over the cooking in her house and how did she feel about this?
6. What was a Four Old?
7. Who were the Red Successors?
8. Where did Ji Li go while her house was searched?
9. What made Ji Li happy to skip school?
10. What did Six Fingers do in the neighborhood?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)