|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ji Li learn about her parents when she was not allowed to be in a special group?
(a) They loved her.
(b) They were not perfect.
(c) They felt fear.
(d) They needed her.
2. What did search parties look for after the posters went up?
(a) Dynastic treasures.
(c) Food storage.
(d) Four Olds.
3. Why was Ji Li denied a place in the Red Successors?
(a) Her grandfather was a landlord.
(b) She was of the wrong class level.
(c) Her father was a rightist.
(d) All of these?
4. What was never supposed to compromise political principles?
(b) Family relationships.
(c) Moral values.
(d) Past influences.
5. Why did Ji Li's father not want her to be a part of the group she was selected for?
(a) She would not be trained in mathematics.
(b) There would be a background check on their family.
(c) There would be less money for their stipends.
(d) She would be taken away from the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Song Po-Po try to do while Ji Li was sick with a fever?
2. What did Mom make a comforter out of?
3. What were the schools in China supposed to be producing?
4. How was Grandmother taken to the clinic?
5. Who did not let Ji Li watch search parties?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ji Li start staying home from school in Jr. High?
2. Why was Ji Li's name included on a poster?
3. What did Zhang tell Ji Li when she asked about being chosen to help with the Exhibition?
4. What did Zhang Xin say when he first met Ji Li?
5. How did Ji Li know that her father was hving troubles at work?
6. What was a Four Old?
7. What did Dad do with Grandmother's trunks, and why?
8. Why did Ji Yung get in his first fights?
9. How did Mom preserve her ancestor's clothing?
10. What did Ji Li and her siblings become, and why?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)