|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical feat was Ji Li tested for at the beginning of the book?
2. How did Ji Li get inspiration for her assignment when classes were canceled?
(a) She viewed some billboards.
(b) She looked at all the other creations.
(c) She asked her parents.
(d) She read some books.
3. What did people use the Propaganda Wall to do?
(a) Learn about new laws.
(b) Send messages.
(c) Confess their guilt.
(d) Turn in law breakers,
4. Where did Ji Li learn about the New China campaign?
(a) At school.
(b) In books.
(c) At home.
(d) In church.
5. What did Mom make a comforter out of?
(a) Grandmother's blouses.
(b) Bibs and rags.
(c) Baby diapers and scarves.
(d) Ancestor clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Ji Li included in a poster?
2. What was wrong with the song at the beginning of the book?
3. Why did Dad decide to paint something in his house?
4. Where did Jia Hong-yu see the largest group of Red Guards?
5. What did the Red Successors lecture Ji Li about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Grandmother feel about the Four lds, and how did Ji Li respond to this?
2. Who were the Red Successors?
3. What did Ji Li do at Grandpa Hong's?
4. What was Ji Li's living situation at the beginning of the book?
5. Where did Ji Li go while her house was searched?
6. What happened at the Great Prosperity Market and why?
7. How did Ji Li respond to the bike incident?
8. Why were classes canceled?
9. What did the sound of drums and gongs mean?
10. What did Dad do with Grandmother's trunks, and why?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)