|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dad decide to paint?
(a) Grandmother's vases.
(b) His door.
(c) His table.
(d) Leather trunks.
2. Where did Jia Hong-yu first see Mao?
(a) City Hall in Hong Kong.
(b) The Japanese front.
(c) Tiannemen Square.
(d) Shang Hai.
3. What did Ji Li and her classmates point out to each other?
(a) Red Army members.
(d) Four Olds.
4. What did Ji Li do after being lectured by the Red Successors?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Listened intently.
(c) Spit at them.
5. Why did Ji Li's family do what they did with old pictures?
(a) They were tired of the connections.
(b) They wanted to preserve the past.
(c) They were bad evidence.
(d) They were Four Olds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the New China campaign trying to stomp out?
2. What was Ji Yung doing when something was stolen from him?
3. Where did Jia Hong-yu march?
4. How did Ji Li feel about being part of the New China campaign?
5. Why did Ji Li's father not want her to be a part of the group she was selected for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was a Four Old?
2. Why did Ji Li turn down the honor given her at the beginning of the book?
3. What happened when the Red Guard asked to borrow a bike?
4. What did Ji Li do at Grandpa Hong's?
5. Why did Ji Li smell smoke in her house one night?
6. Why were classes canceled?
7. Who were the Red Successors?
8. Where did Ji Li go while her house was searched?
9. What was the meaning of Ji Li's name?
10. Why did Ji Yung get in his first fights?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)