|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jia Hong-yu see the largest group of Red Guards?
(a) Hong Kong.
(b) Shang Hai.
2. What did Six Fingers' group do?
(a) Turned names into the Black Category.
(b) Wrote out propaganda.
(c) Investigated rumors to seek the truth.
(d) Took over landowners.
3. What did search parties look for after the posters went up?
(a) Four Olds.
(c) Food storage.
(d) Dynastic treasures.
4. What announced the search parties?
(a) Drums and Gongs.
(b) Knockers on doors.
(c) Loud speakers.
(d) Schedules placed on doors.
5. Why did Dad take Grandma on a picnic?
(a) To hide her from the search.
(b) To help her relax.
(c) To let her see her home.
(d) To get her outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What picture hung on Ji Li's classroom wall at the beginning of the book?
2. What was wrong with the song at the beginning of the book?
3. Why were school classes canceled?
4. What did Ji Li say about Six Fingers?
5. What did Ji Li have a hard time thinking of when classes were canceled?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ji Li smell smoke in her house one night?
2. What did Six Fingers take from Ji Li and why?
3. What was a Four Old?
4. How did Mom preserve her ancestor's clothing?
5. Why was Ji Li unable to be in the Red Successors?
6. What was Ji Li's living situation at the beginning of the book?
7. Where did Ji Li go while her house was searched?
8. How did Ji Li choose what to put on her posters?
9. Why did Ji Li have to take over the cooking in her house and how did she feel about this?
10. What happened at the Great Prosperity Market and why?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)