|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ji Li's father not want her to be a part of the group she was selected for?
(a) There would be a background check on their family.
(b) She would not be trained in mathematics.
(c) She would be taken away from the family.
(d) There would be less money for their stipends.
2. What were the Red Successors?
(a) The new teacher foundation.
(b) The young version of the Red Guard.
(c) The opposition to the Red Guard.
(d) The female sector of the Red Guard.
3. What kind of clothes did Jiang Xi wear?
4. Where did Jia Hong-yu first see Mao?
(a) The Japanese front.
(b) City Hall in Hong Kong.
(c) Tiannemen Square.
(d) Shang Hai.
5. How did Tian speak with Dad on his visit?
(a) In angry spats.
(b) In written notes.
(c) In hushed tones.
(d) In quiet calm moments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Song Po-Po try to do while Ji Li was sick with a fever?
2. What were the schools in China supposed to be producing?
3. How was Ji Li related to Tian?
4. What Committee was over education when the schools re-opened?
5. What physical feat was Ji Li tested for at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ji Li have to take over the cooking in her house and how did she feel about this?
2. What did Ji Li have to do outside of Jiang-Xi's house?
3. What did the sound of drums and gongs mean?
4. What did Dad do with Grandmother's trunks, and why?
5. What was a Four Old?
6. How did Grandmother feel about the Four lds, and how did Ji Li respond to this?
7. What was the meaning of Ji Li's name?
8. What did Six Fingers take from Ji Li and why?
9. What did Ji Li do at Grandpa Hong's?
10. How did Ji Li respond to the bike incident?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)