|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Red Successors lecture Ji Li about?
(a) Her class level.
(b) Her devotion to past teachers.
(c) Her family ties.
(d) Her friends.
2. How did Ji Li feel about taking over the cooking in her house?
(a) She was happy to do it.
(b) She was annoyed by this.
(c) She was worried about it.
(d) She was confused.
3. What were the schools in China supposed to be producing?
4. What was the sign finally broken with?
(a) Machine guns.
(b) Flame throwers.
(c) An axe.
5. How did Tian speak with Dad on his visit?
(a) In angry spats.
(b) In hushed tones.
(c) In quiet calm moments.
(d) In written notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went with Ji Li to hear Jia Hong-yu?
2. What did Jiang Xi do that was shocking to Ji Li?
3. What did Ji Li's father once do that made him looked down on?
4. Where did Jia Hong-yu march?
5. What did Ji Li and her classmates point out to each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
2. Why did Ji Li turn down the honor given her at the beginning of the book?
3. Why were classes canceled?
4. What did Ji Li and her siblings become, and why?
5. What did Comrade Ma say when Ji Li asked to have her name changed?
6. What did Ji Li find when she woke up on Chinese New Year?
7. What made Ji Li get a lecture from the Red Successors?
8. Why did Lin Lin come to visit Ji Li?
9. Where did Ji Li go while her house was searched?
10. How did Ji Li choose what to put on her posters?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)