|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ji Li happy about while she was sick with a fever?
(a) She got to be with her mother.
(b) She got to miss school.
(c) She got sleep.
(d) She didn't have to petition.
2. What picture hung on Ji Li's classroom wall at the beginning of the book?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A photograph of the Great Wall.
(c) Chairman Mao.
(d) A portrait of Tang.
3. Where did Ji Li hide after turning down the chance to be part of a special group?
(a) Under the deck.
(b) Behind a tree.
(c) In her room.
(d) In a cave.
4. Why did Ji Li's father not want her to be a part of the group she was selected for?
(a) There would be a background check on their family.
(b) She would not be trained in mathematics.
(c) There would be less money for their stipends.
(d) She would be taken away from the family.
5. What physical feat was Ji Li tested for at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did not let Ji Li watch search parties?
2. How old was Ji Li when the Cultural Revolituion began?
3. What did Six Fingers' group do?
4. What made Ji Li lonely?
5. What were the Red Successors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ji Li smell smoke in her house one night?
2. What did Six Fingers take from Ji Li and why?
3. How did Mom preserve her ancestor's clothing?
4. Why did Ji Li turn down the honor given her at the beginning of the book?
5. Who were the Red Successors?
6. Where did Ji Li go while her house was searched?
7. What made Ji Li happy to skip school?
8. What was a Four Old?
9. What did Dad do with Grandmother's trunks, and why?
10. What made Ji Li get a lecture from the Red Successors?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)