|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was wrong with the song at the beginning of the book?
(a) The lyrics were strange.
(b) There were not enough boys.
(c) The timing was off.
(d) All of these.
2. Where did Ji Li go to watch the sign being broken down?
(a) Nallbelow Road.
(b) Nanhong Corridor.
(c) Nappa Lane.
(d) Nanjing Street.
3. What happened to Grandpa Hong's stall when classes were canceled?
(a) It was destroyed.
(b) It was postered.
(c) It was bankrupted.
(d) It was painted over.
4. What did Six Fingers' group do?
(a) Turned names into the Black Category.
(b) Took over landowners.
(c) Investigated rumors to seek the truth.
(d) Wrote out propaganda.
5. How did Ji Li know An Yi?
(a) They were co-workers.
(b) They were cousins.
(c) They were neighbors.
(d) They were friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was stolen from Ji Yung to get him in a fight?
2. Where did Jia Hong-yu see the largest group of Red Guards?
3. How was Grandmother taken to the clinic?
4. What was Ji Li most upset about while she was sick with a fever?
5. What made it hard for Jia Hong-yu to march?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Zhang tell Ji Li when she asked about being chosen to help with the Exhibition?
2. What did Ji Li hear her father say the night before Chinese New Year?
3. Why did Ji Li have to take over the cooking in her house and how did she feel about this?
4. What made Ji Li yell at her mother?
5. What caused Ji Li's father to be released?
6. Why did Ji Li start staying home from school in Jr. High?
7. What happened on the morning of the opening of the Exhibition?
8. Why were classes canceled?
9. How did Ji Li choose what to put on her posters?
10. What was the meaning of Ji Li's name?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)