|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the mop on the balcony mean?
(a) Food was low.
(b) There was danger ahead.
(c) Someone had died.
(d) It was safe to come home.
2. How old was Ji Li when the Cultural Revolituion began?
3. Who disagreed with the New China campaign?
(a) Ji Li's grandmother.
(b) Ji Li's mother.
(c) Grandpa Hong.
(d) An Yi.
4. What did Ji Li rent from Grandpa Hong?
5. How was Grandmother taken to the clinic?
(a) They used a litter.
(b) They took a pedicab.
(c) They took the bus.
(d) They walked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical feat was Ji Li tested for at the beginning of the book?
2. How was Ji Li related to Tian?
3. What did Ji Li's father once do that made him looked down on?
4. Where was the Propaganda Wall placed?
5. How did Ji Li respond when she heard someone who disagreed with the New China campaign?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were classes canceled?
2. Why did Ji Li smell smoke in her house one night?
3. How did An Yi's grandmother die?
4. What did Dad do with Grandmother's trunks, and why?
5. Why did Ji Yung get in his first fights?
6. Why was Ji Li unable to be in the Red Successors?
7. How did Mom preserve her ancestor's clothing?
8. What kind of honor was Ji Li given at the beginning of the book?
9. How did Grandmother feel about the Four lds, and how did Ji Li respond to this?
10. What was a Four Old?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)