|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Ji Li born?
(a) Chinese New Year.
(b) The Cherry Blossom Festival.
(c) All Hallow's Eve.
(d) The Full Moon Harvest.
2. How did An Yi comfort Ji Li while she was sick with a fever?
(a) Told her about a boy who missed her.
(b) Told her the poster would never be noticed.
(c) Explained the new elections.
(d) Brought home school work.
3. Where was the Propaganda Wall placed?
(a) At the end of the alley.
(b) In the town square.
(c) In front of the school.
(d) Behind the public offices.
4. What did Ji Li rent from Grandpa Hong?
5. Where was Ji Li supposed to post advertisements when classes were canceled?
(b) Houses of the rich.
(c) The school windows.
(d) Doors of the Army members.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dad send the children away when Tian was visiting?
2. Where did Jia Hong-yu first see Mao?
3. Why did Ji Li's family do what they did with old pictures?
4. How did Tian speak with Dad on his visit?
5. Why did Dad take Grandma on a picnic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the sound of drums and gongs mean?
2. Why did Ji Yung get in his first fights?
3. What did Ji Li do at Grandpa Hong's?
4. What was Ji Li's living situation at the beginning of the book?
5. What kind of honor was Ji Li given at the beginning of the book?
6. Why did Ji Li have to take over the cooking in her house and how did she feel about this?
7. What did Six Fingers do in the neighborhood?
8. Why was Ji Li's name included on a poster?
9. How did Ji Li choose what to put on her posters?
10. Why did Ji Li turn down the honor given her at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)