|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ji Li happy about while she was sick with a fever?
(a) She got to be with her mother.
(b) She got to miss school.
(c) She got sleep.
(d) She didn't have to petition.
2. Where did Dad take the children on a picnic?
(a) An empty lot.
(b) The school yard.
(c) A park.
(d) The country.
3. What picture hung on Ji Li's classroom wall at the beginning of the book?
(a) A dragon.
(b) Chairman Mao.
(c) A portrait of Tang.
(d) A photograph of the Great Wall.
4. How did Ji Li know An Yi?
(a) They were co-workers.
(b) They were cousins.
(c) They were neighbors.
(d) They were friends.
5. What Committee was over education when the schools re-opened?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Red Successors lecture Ji Li about?
2. Where did Jia Hong-yu first see Mao?
3. Where did Ji Li hide after turning down the chance to be part of a special group?
4. Why did Dad take Grandma on a picnic?
5. What made Ji Li lonely?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ji Li have to do outside of Jiang-Xi's house?
2. What did Ji Li hear her father say the night before Chinese New Year?
3. Who were the Red Successors?
4. What was a Four Old?
5. What happened on the morning of the opening of the Exhibition?
6. How did Ji Li get injured in the rice fields?
7. What bothered Ji Li most about the officials of the Cultural Revolution?
8. What caused Ji Li's father to be released?
9. What did Dad do with Grandmother's trunks, and why?
10. What did Ji Li and her siblings become, and why?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)