|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Allison Kimble chose what college?
2. What does Steve believe the astronaut did to his mother while they were still married?
3. After the assembly, what does Steve do?
4. What college did Steve choose?
5. What is Veg's idea for the talent show?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what college Steve wants to get accepted to the most and why?
2. What icon died and what decision did it push Steve into making?
3. What do Steve and Allison share with each other while on the trip to the Pearl Jam concert?
4. What happens in Houston Sophomore Year (pp 127-131) when Steve returns home after Christmas break?
5. What did GOD club do for the talent show and what was the outcome?
6. When Steve turns in the last of his essay what do he and Mr. DeMouy talk about?
7. At Steve's graduation who from his family attended?
8. Describe the GOD meeting in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 112-113).
9. What do Bill and Holly say when asked how they are going to make their relationship work while they are at different colleges?
10. What are the Christmas presents Mr. Waters gives the class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship that Steve has with his father.
Part 1) Describe the relationship between Steve and his father at the beginning of the story. Compare that to the relationship of Steve and his mother.
Part 2) In what way does the relationship between Steve and his father change over the course of the book? What is the reason for the majority of the change?
Essay Topic 2
Steve realizes he doesn't want to be one of the stoners any longer while at the wake for Kurt Cobain.
What is significant about this realization? What does it mean for the main character? How would the story have been different without this realization?
Essay Topic 3
Steve loses interest in school for a period of time.
Part 1) Is there any one thing that can be identified as what causes Steve to regain his interest in school? Explain.
Part 2) Is it easy to identify with Steve's lack of interest in school or suddenly realizing it is something he needs? Explain your answer.
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)