|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dub's older sister attends what college?
2. Why did Steve go to Texas after graduation?
3. What did Steve spend most of his cinema earnings on over the Christmas holiday?
4. Why did Steve lose his job?
5. During the graduation prep assembly, what got the students' attention?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Steve tell Dub about the relationship between him and his father?
2. What happens the summer before his junior year Steve flies back to Texas for his birthday?
3. A month before graduation Steve calls his father for what reason?
4. What do Steve and Allison share with each other while on the trip to the Pearl Jam concert?
5. Describe the first assignment in Mr. Waters' Creative Writing class.
6. What is it that Steve discovers at the senior assembly after Mr. DeMouy talks?
7. What does Steve's mother agree to and what stipulations does she put on it?
8. At Steve's graduation who from his family attended?
9. What does Steve find when he returns home from his mother's during Christmas vacation?
10. During his senior year, Sarah and Steve get into a large fight one night while watching videos. What was it about and what was revealed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Steve's father having a small wedding? Why does the small wedding surprise Steve? Does this represent a change in his father's character? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
It is Steve's drug use that begins the story and sends him on his journey of writing out the events that happened.
Part 1) What other major role do drugs have in the story?
Part 2) What role do the drugs seem to play? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on one of the following subjects:
Part 1) The inner turmoil that teenagers feel and the emotional and or physical release that drugs provide.
Part 2) A teenager's need to feel accepted.
Part 3) The importance that music has on young adults.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)