|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With his new promotion, what is Steve's new title?
2. What became of the GOD club after the talent show?
3. Who showed up to the party with a date?
4. Why was Steve so happy to find out he was accepted to Harvard?
5. What did Steve get from Mr.Waters for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Allison and Steve's relationship evolved into at the end of the story?
2. During his junior year, Steve won what award and who went with him to get it?
3. Describe Steve's reaction to Jacqueline.
4. What are the Christmas presents Mr. Waters gives the class?
5. Describe the scene in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 139-142) when the GOD group goes for a spring break party?
6. Describe what college Steve wants to get accepted to the most and why?
7. Since beginning the essay for Mr.DeMouy, Steve has only used drugs once. What happened to cause Steve to resort back to getting high to deal with his emotions the second time?
8. After the breakup with Dub, what happened to Steve?
9. As he waited in line to walk across the stage to get his diploma what thoughts go through Steve's mind?
10. When Steve turns in the last of his essay what do he and Mr. DeMouy talk about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Given what is seen in the book, did Steve and his father truly connect and forgive each other? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Divorced families are becoming more common. In what ways is Steve's family typical for a divorced family? In what ways are they atypical?
Essay Topic 3
Steve and Allison like each other but decide that they will just part as friends rather than ruining a good thing by trying to stay together.
Part 1) What does Steve mean when he says it would ruin a good thing by trying to stay together? Do you agree with that statement? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that Allison feels differently or the same?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)