|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Allison afford college?
2. What does Steve believe the astronaut did to his mother while they were still married?
3. How did Steve and Allison plan on keeping their relationship going when they leave for college?
4. Allison was declined to what college?
5. What college did Steve choose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Christmas presents Mr. Waters gives the class?
2. When Steve turns in the last of his essay what do he and Mr. DeMouy talk about?
3. Allison and Steve start seeing more of each other their senior year, yet Steve doesn't acknowledge her in certain places--where and why?
4. What happens in Houston Sophomore Year (pp 127-131) when Steve returns home after Christmas break?
5. Describe the scene at Steve's father's wedding.
6. After the breakup with Dub, what happened to Steve?
7. Describe the first assignment in Mr. Waters' Creative Writing class.
8. Describe the scene in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 139-142) when the GOD group goes for a spring break party?
9. What icon died and what decision did it push Steve into making?
10. Describe what college Steve wants to get accepted to the most and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Divorced families are becoming more common. In what ways is Steve's family typical for a divorced family? In what ways are they atypical?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship that Steve has with his father.
Part 1) Describe the relationship between Steve and his father at the beginning of the story. Compare that to the relationship of Steve and his mother.
Part 2) In what way does the relationship between Steve and his father change over the course of the book? What is the reason for the majority of the change?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Why is Steve seemingly unable to see the similarities between him and his father?
Part 2) Why is Sarah able to see them so easily?
Part 3) Speculate on whether Steve becomes more or less like his father and why.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)