|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who showed up to the party with a date?
2. Who was the senior who didn't graduate?
3. What did Steve spend most of his cinema earnings on over the Christmas holiday?
4. Dub's older sister attends what college?
5. During the graduation prep assembly, what got the students' attention?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Steve's mother agree to and what stipulations does she put on it?
2. What is it that Steve discovers at the senior assembly after Mr. DeMouy talks?
3. What do Bill and Holly say when asked how they are going to make their relationship work while they are at different colleges?
4. What happens the summer before his junior year Steve flies back to Texas for his birthday?
5. After the breakup with Dub, what happened to Steve?
6. What icon died and what decision did it push Steve into making?
7. What happens in Houston Sophomore Year (pp 127-131) when Steve returns home after Christmas break?
8. What does Steve find when he returns home from his mother's during Christmas vacation?
9. When Steve turns in the last of his essay what do he and Mr. DeMouy talk about?
10. Describe the scene in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 139-142) when the GOD group goes for a spring break party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Steve loses interest in school for a period of time.
Part 1) Is there any one thing that can be identified as what causes Steve to regain his interest in school? Explain.
Part 2) Is it easy to identify with Steve's lack of interest in school or suddenly realizing it is something he needs? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on one of the following subjects:
Part 1) The inner turmoil that teenagers feel and the emotional and or physical release that drugs provide.
Part 2) A teenager's need to feel accepted.
Part 3) The importance that music has on young adults.
Essay Topic 3
Divorced families are becoming more common. In what ways is Steve's family typical for a divorced family? In what ways are they atypical?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)