|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The wedding took place where?
2. Holly and Bill have been accepted to colleges far apart. What are they going to do about their relationship?
3. What does Steve believe the astronaut did to his mother while they were still married?
4. What does Doug refer to Dub as?
5. Who did not attend Steve's graduation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Steve tell Dub about the relationship between him and his father?
2. Describe the scene at Steve's father's wedding.
3. At Steve's graduation who from his family attended?
4. Describe the scene in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 139-142) when the GOD group goes for a spring break party?
5. During his junior year, Steve won what award and who went with him to get it?
6. During his senior year, Sarah and Steve get into a large fight one night while watching videos. What was it about and what was revealed?
7. What does Steve's mother agree to and what stipulations does she put on it?
8. What happens the summer before his junior year Steve flies back to Texas for his birthday?
9. A month before graduation Steve calls his father for what reason?
10. What did GOD club do for the talent show and what was the outcome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Steve realizes he doesn't want to be one of the stoners any longer while at the wake for Kurt Cobain.
What is significant about this realization? What does it mean for the main character? How would the story have been different without this realization?
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy is found many times throughout the story.
Part 1) Explain how jealousy affects people.
Part 2) Why is jealousy such an overwhelming emotion?
Part 3) What would have been your reaction to finding your boyfriend/girlfriend sleeping with your high school teacher?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on one of the following subjects:
Part 1) The inner turmoil that teenagers feel and the emotional and or physical release that drugs provide.
Part 2) A teenager's need to feel accepted.
Part 3) The importance that music has on young adults.
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)