|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Steve go to Texas after graduation?
2. What did they have on the beach that night?
3. How many points above Steve's score did Allison make on the SATs?
4. What did Steve tell the waitress in Cap's he was majoring in?
5. Since becoming an item, who has Steve been avoiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Steve's reaction to Jacqueline.
2. Allison and Steve start seeing more of each other their senior year, yet Steve doesn't acknowledge her in certain places--where and why?
3. What did GOD club do for the talent show and what was the outcome?
4. Describe the scene at Steve's father's wedding.
5. What do Bill and Holly say when asked how they are going to make their relationship work while they are at different colleges?
6. What is it that Steve discovers at the senior assembly after Mr. DeMouy talks?
7. Describe the first assignment in Mr. Waters' Creative Writing class.
8. What icon died and what decision did it push Steve into making?
9. What happens in Houston Sophomore Year (pp 127-131) when Steve returns home after Christmas break?
10. Who does Dub's older sister think the faculty member in charge of GOD should be and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy is found many times throughout the story.
Part 1) Explain how jealousy affects people.
Part 2) Why is jealousy such an overwhelming emotion?
Part 3) What would have been your reaction to finding your boyfriend/girlfriend sleeping with your high school teacher?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Steve to his father.
Part 1) Are the similarities between Steve and his father realistic?
Part 2) Is there anything shown to the reader that shows how much they are alike earlier in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship that Steve has with his father.
Part 1) Describe the relationship between Steve and his father at the beginning of the story. Compare that to the relationship of Steve and his mother.
Part 2) In what way does the relationship between Steve and his father change over the course of the book? What is the reason for the majority of the change?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)