|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Steve get from Mr.Waters for Christmas?
2. Where did Steve buy condoms?
3. How did Allison afford college?
4. What was Steve's winning essay about?
5. What did GOD have to provide to be recognized as a school club?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Houston Sophomore Year (pp 127-131) when Steve returns home after Christmas break?
2. What does Steve's mother agree to and what stipulations does she put on it?
3. What does Steve find when he returns home from his mother's during Christmas vacation?
4. Describe the GOD meeting in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 112-113).
5. At Steve's graduation who from his family attended?
6. Describe the first assignment in Mr. Waters' Creative Writing class.
7. During his junior year, Steve won what award and who went with him to get it?
8. What was Mr. Waters' first official duty to perform after signing their charter?
9. Describe the scene in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 139-142) when the GOD group goes for a spring break party?
10. Since beginning the essay for Mr.DeMouy, Steve has only used drugs once. What happened to cause Steve to resort back to getting high to deal with his emotions the second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author makes the story seem very realistic.
Part 1) In what ways is the story realistic?
Part 2) In what ways is the story not realistic?
Part 3) Does it make a story better to have it all be realistic? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
It is Steve's drug use that begins the story and sends him on his journey of writing out the events that happened.
Part 1) What other major role do drugs have in the story?
Part 2) What role do the drugs seem to play? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Steve loses interest in school for a period of time.
Part 1) Is there any one thing that can be identified as what causes Steve to regain his interest in school? Explain.
Part 2) Is it easy to identify with Steve's lack of interest in school or suddenly realizing it is something he needs? Explain your answer.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)