|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accepted the position of faculty sponsor for GOD?
2. The wedding took place where?
3. What did Danny, Sarah's boyfriend, look like?
4. What did Steve and Dub lose that summer?
5. What did Steve tell the waitress in Cap's he was majoring in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it that Steve discovers at the senior assembly after Mr. DeMouy talks?
2. Describe the GOD meeting in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 112-113).
3. During his junior year, Steve won what award and who went with him to get it?
4. What does Steve's mother agree to and what stipulations does she put on it?
5. As a show of pride for his father, what does Steve do first when he arrives in Yakima?
6. Who does Dub's older sister think the faculty member in charge of GOD should be and why?
7. What do Bill and Holly say when asked how they are going to make their relationship work while they are at different colleges?
8. As he waited in line to walk across the stage to get his diploma what thoughts go through Steve's mind?
9. What icon died and what decision did it push Steve into making?
10. What does Steve find when he returns home from his mother's during Christmas vacation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Steve loses interest in school for a period of time.
Part 1) Is there any one thing that can be identified as what causes Steve to regain his interest in school? Explain.
Part 2) Is it easy to identify with Steve's lack of interest in school or suddenly realizing it is something he needs? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) What did Mr. Waters mean when he told Steve that you cannot write about love until you have had your heart broken?
Part 2) Was it possible that Mr. Waters was contemplating a relationship with Dub at that point?
Part 3) Why did Mr. Waters give Steve a copy of the school yearbook as a gift?
Essay Topic 3
Sarah knew that it had been her mother than had left the marriage and not their father. Speculate on the reasons why she didn't tell Steve until much later.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)