|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Steve and Dub lose that summer?
2. What did the astronaut have to say when he got home?
3. During the graduation prep assembly, what got the students' attention?
4. Dub's older sister attends what college?
5. What does Doug refer to Dub as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what college Steve wants to get accepted to the most and why?
2. At Steve's graduation who from his family attended?
3. Who does Dub's older sister think the faculty member in charge of GOD should be and why?
4. What does Steve's mother agree to and what stipulations does she put on it?
5. As a show of pride for his father, what does Steve do first when he arrives in Yakima?
6. What icon died and what decision did it push Steve into making?
7. What was Mr. Waters' first official duty to perform after signing their charter?
8. What has Allison and Steve's relationship evolved into at the end of the story?
9. Since beginning the essay for Mr.DeMouy, Steve has only used drugs once. What happened to cause Steve to resort back to getting high to deal with his emotions the second time?
10. What happens the summer before his junior year Steve flies back to Texas for his birthday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the purpose of the club that Doug started called GOD. In what ways did the club contradict itself? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Steve to his father.
Part 1) Are the similarities between Steve and his father realistic?
Part 2) Is there anything shown to the reader that shows how much they are alike earlier in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Mr. DeMouy's character. Why does Mr. DeMouy take such an interest in Steve? How does Steve feel about him in return?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)