|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who showed up to the party with a date?
2. Why did Steve go to Texas after graduation?
3. What became of the GOD club after the talent show?
4. What became the "center of GOD universe"?
5. Who was the first person Steve called when he got home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Steve's mother agree to and what stipulations does she put on it?
2. During his junior year, Steve won what award and who went with him to get it?
3. Describe what college Steve wants to get accepted to the most and why?
4. Allison and Steve start seeing more of each other their senior year, yet Steve doesn't acknowledge her in certain places--where and why?
5. Describe the GOD meeting in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 112-113).
6. What is it that Steve discovers at the senior assembly after Mr. DeMouy talks?
7. What icon died and what decision did it push Steve into making?
8. Describe the scene in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 139-142) when the GOD group goes for a spring break party?
9. What does Steve tell Dub about the relationship between him and his father?
10. What are the Christmas presents Mr. Waters gives the class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Given what is seen in the book, did Steve and his father truly connect and forgive each other? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
It is Steve's drug use that begins the story and sends him on his journey of writing out the events that happened.
Part 1) What other major role do drugs have in the story?
Part 2) What role do the drugs seem to play? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the purpose of the club that Doug started called GOD. In what ways did the club contradict itself? Explain.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)