|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else will be going to the Pearl Jam concert with Sarah?
2. Who do Allison and Steve double date with often?
3. After a fight with Sarah, what did Steve learn about his mother?
4. The night Allison and Steve cuddle on the beach, what did Allison confide to him?
5. Why did Steve never get caught when he quit going to creative writing class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did GOD club do for the talent show and what was the outcome?
2. A month before graduation Steve calls his father for what reason?
3. Describe the GOD meeting in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 112-113).
4. As he waited in line to walk across the stage to get his diploma what thoughts go through Steve's mind?
5. During his senior year, Sarah and Steve get into a large fight one night while watching videos. What was it about and what was revealed?
6. Describe the first assignment in Mr. Waters' Creative Writing class.
7. As a show of pride for his father, what does Steve do first when he arrives in Yakima?
8. At Steve's graduation who from his family attended?
9. Describe what college Steve wants to get accepted to the most and why?
10. What does Steve's mother agree to and what stipulations does she put on it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mr. DeMouy's character. Why does Mr. DeMouy take such an interest in Steve? How does Steve feel about him in return?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it that Doug and Steve quit being friends for a time? What does it say about Doug and Steve that their friendship becomes so easily strained?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Steve to his father.
Part 1) Are the similarities between Steve and his father realistic?
Part 2) Is there anything shown to the reader that shows how much they are alike earlier in the story?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)