|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Steve title his essay for Mr.DeMouy?
2. Who went on stage at the talent show before GOD?
3. What did Danny, Sarah's boyfriend, look like?
4. Dub's older sister attends what college?
5. What college did Steve choose?
Short Essay Questions
1. As he waited in line to walk across the stage to get his diploma what thoughts go through Steve's mind?
2. What icon died and what decision did it push Steve into making?
3. At Steve's graduation who from his family attended?
4. What did GOD club do for the talent show and what was the outcome?
5. Describe Steve's reaction to Jacqueline.
6. Describe the scene at Steve's father's wedding.
7. What do Bill and Holly say when asked how they are going to make their relationship work while they are at different colleges?
8. What has Allison and Steve's relationship evolved into at the end of the story?
9. What do Steve and Allison share with each other while on the trip to the Pearl Jam concert?
10. Describe the scene in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 139-142) when the GOD group goes for a spring break party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Steve to his father.
Part 1) Are the similarities between Steve and his father realistic?
Part 2) Is there anything shown to the reader that shows how much they are alike earlier in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Steve's personality and the many changes that he goes through. How does Steve change from the beginning of the story until the end of the story? Why does he change in the way that he does?
Essay Topic 3
The author makes the story seem very realistic.
Part 1) In what ways is the story realistic?
Part 2) In what ways is the story not realistic?
Part 3) Does it make a story better to have it all be realistic? Explain.
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)