|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Steve spend most of his cinema earnings on over the Christmas holiday?
2. During spring break of his junior year, what new hobby did Steve learn?
3. Who did Steve meet before Allison left for college?
4. How did Steve and Allison plan on keeping their relationship going when they leave for college?
5. The astronaut called to congratulate Steve for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene at Steve's father's wedding.
2. Allison and Steve start seeing more of each other their senior year, yet Steve doesn't acknowledge her in certain places--where and why?
3. After the breakup with Dub, what happened to Steve?
4. As he waited in line to walk across the stage to get his diploma what thoughts go through Steve's mind?
5. What do Steve and Allison share with each other while on the trip to the Pearl Jam concert?
6. Since beginning the essay for Mr.DeMouy, Steve has only used drugs once. What happened to cause Steve to resort back to getting high to deal with his emotions the second time?
7. During his senior year, Sarah and Steve get into a large fight one night while watching videos. What was it about and what was revealed?
8. What was Mr. Waters' first official duty to perform after signing their charter?
9. Describe the first assignment in Mr. Waters' Creative Writing class.
10. A month before graduation Steve calls his father for what reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it that Doug and Steve quit being friends for a time? What does it say about Doug and Steve that their friendship becomes so easily strained?
Essay Topic 2
Look at divorce.
Part 1) What effect is divorce generally thought to have on students?
Part 2) What is the difference between the way that Steven and his sister react to the divorce?
Part 3) Why does Steven seem to blame his father for the divorce although it was his mother that had the affair?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Mr. DeMouy's character. Why does Mr. DeMouy take such an interest in Steve? How does Steve feel about him in return?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)