|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Steve so happy to find out he was accepted to Harvard?
2. Why did Steve never get caught when he quit going to creative writing class?
3. When Steve came home what were his mom and stepdad doing?
4. What did GOD have to provide to be recognized as a school club?
5. How did Allison afford college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Dub's older sister think the faculty member in charge of GOD should be and why?
2. A month before graduation Steve calls his father for what reason?
3. What happens the summer before his junior year Steve flies back to Texas for his birthday?
4. What does Steve's mother agree to and what stipulations does she put on it?
5. During his senior year, Sarah and Steve get into a large fight one night while watching videos. What was it about and what was revealed?
6. At Steve's graduation who from his family attended?
7. What does Steve tell Dub about the relationship between him and his father?
8. What does Steve find when he returns home from his mother's during Christmas vacation?
9. Describe what college Steve wants to get accepted to the most and why?
10. As he waited in line to walk across the stage to get his diploma what thoughts go through Steve's mind?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sarah knew that it had been her mother than had left the marriage and not their father. Speculate on the reasons why she didn't tell Steve until much later.
Essay Topic 2
Divorced families are becoming more common. In what ways is Steve's family typical for a divorced family? In what ways are they atypical?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Why is Steve seemingly unable to see the similarities between him and his father?
Part 2) Why is Sarah able to see them so easily?
Part 3) Speculate on whether Steve becomes more or less like his father and why.
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)