|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the three-piece band that played during GODs performance?
2. What did the astronaut have to say when he got home?
3. Where did the GOD group meet on Thursday night?
4. What did Steve's mom tell him before they left for the concert?
5. What did Steve spend most of his cinema earnings on over the Christmas holiday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the summer before his junior year Steve flies back to Texas for his birthday?
2. Describe the scene at Steve's father's wedding.
3. Describe Steve's reaction to Jacqueline.
4. What has Allison and Steve's relationship evolved into at the end of the story?
5. What happens in Houston Sophomore Year (pp 127-131) when Steve returns home after Christmas break?
6. Since beginning the essay for Mr.DeMouy, Steve has only used drugs once. What happened to cause Steve to resort back to getting high to deal with his emotions the second time?
7. What do Steve and Allison share with each other while on the trip to the Pearl Jam concert?
8. A month before graduation Steve calls his father for what reason?
9. During his junior year, Steve won what award and who went with him to get it?
10. When Steve turns in the last of his essay what do he and Mr. DeMouy talk about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author makes the story seem very realistic.
Part 1) In what ways is the story realistic?
Part 2) In what ways is the story not realistic?
Part 3) Does it make a story better to have it all be realistic? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
It is Steve's drug use that begins the story and sends him on his journey of writing out the events that happened.
Part 1) What other major role do drugs have in the story?
Part 2) What role do the drugs seem to play? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Steve loses interest in school for a period of time.
Part 1) Is there any one thing that can be identified as what causes Steve to regain his interest in school? Explain.
Part 2) Is it easy to identify with Steve's lack of interest in school or suddenly realizing it is something he needs? Explain your answer.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)