|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Steve so happy to find out he was accepted to Harvard?
2. During Steve and Sarah's argument, what did Sarah do?
3. What disbanded in their junior year?
4. What college did Steve choose?
5. What was the name of the three-piece band that played during GODs performance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Dub's older sister think the faculty member in charge of GOD should be and why?
2. A month before graduation Steve calls his father for what reason?
3. Describe what college Steve wants to get accepted to the most and why?
4. After the breakup with Dub, what happened to Steve?
5. Describe the GOD meeting in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 112-113).
6. What has Allison and Steve's relationship evolved into at the end of the story?
7. At Steve's graduation who from his family attended?
8. What do Bill and Holly say when asked how they are going to make their relationship work while they are at different colleges?
9. During his senior year, Sarah and Steve get into a large fight one night while watching videos. What was it about and what was revealed?
10. Describe Steve's reaction to Jacqueline.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) What did Mr. Waters mean when he told Steve that you cannot write about love until you have had your heart broken?
Part 2) Was it possible that Mr. Waters was contemplating a relationship with Dub at that point?
Part 3) Why did Mr. Waters give Steve a copy of the school yearbook as a gift?
Essay Topic 2
Steve realizes he doesn't want to be one of the stoners any longer while at the wake for Kurt Cobain.
What is significant about this realization? What does it mean for the main character? How would the story have been different without this realization?
Essay Topic 3
Why is it that Doug and Steve quit being friends for a time? What does it say about Doug and Steve that their friendship becomes so easily strained?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)