|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Steve buy condoms?
2. On the phone, his father asked Steve a favor. What was it?
3. Why did Steve feel so forlorn on the last day of school his sophomore year?
4. What disbanded in their junior year?
5. What sound interrupted Steve and Dub's making out in his bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the GOD meeting in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 112-113).
2. What happens the summer before his junior year Steve flies back to Texas for his birthday?
3. What does Steve's mother agree to and what stipulations does she put on it?
4. Describe the scene at Steve's father's wedding.
5. What does Steve find when he returns home from his mother's during Christmas vacation?
6. What does Steve tell Dub about the relationship between him and his father?
7. As a show of pride for his father, what does Steve do first when he arrives in Yakima?
8. After the breakup with Dub, what happened to Steve?
9. Describe the first assignment in Mr. Waters' Creative Writing class.
10. What happens in Houston Sophomore Year (pp 127-131) when Steve returns home after Christmas break?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Steve to his father.
Part 1) Are the similarities between Steve and his father realistic?
Part 2) Is there anything shown to the reader that shows how much they are alike earlier in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy is found many times throughout the story.
Part 1) Explain how jealousy affects people.
Part 2) Why is jealousy such an overwhelming emotion?
Part 3) What would have been your reaction to finding your boyfriend/girlfriend sleeping with your high school teacher?
Essay Topic 3
Steve and Allison like each other but decide that they will just part as friends rather than ruining a good thing by trying to stay together.
Part 1) What does Steve mean when he says it would ruin a good thing by trying to stay together? Do you agree with that statement? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that Allison feels differently or the same?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)