|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Allison was declined to what college?
2. How many times did Dub call Steve while he visited his mother for Christmas?
3. What does Steve believe the astronaut did to his mother while they were still married?
4. What did Steve get from Mr.Waters for Christmas?
5. Who did not attend Steve's graduation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Steve find when he returns home from his mother's during Christmas vacation?
2. Describe the scene in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 139-142) when the GOD group goes for a spring break party?
3. Describe the GOD meeting in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 112-113).
4. Describe what college Steve wants to get accepted to the most and why?
5. What are the Christmas presents Mr. Waters gives the class?
6. At Steve's graduation who from his family attended?
7. During his junior year, Steve won what award and who went with him to get it?
8. Since beginning the essay for Mr.DeMouy, Steve has only used drugs once. What happened to cause Steve to resort back to getting high to deal with his emotions the second time?
9. As a show of pride for his father, what does Steve do first when he arrives in Yakima?
10. What icon died and what decision did it push Steve into making?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) What did Mr. Waters mean when he told Steve that you cannot write about love until you have had your heart broken?
Part 2) Was it possible that Mr. Waters was contemplating a relationship with Dub at that point?
Part 3) Why did Mr. Waters give Steve a copy of the school yearbook as a gift?
Essay Topic 2
Look at divorce.
Part 1) What effect is divorce generally thought to have on students?
Part 2) What is the difference between the way that Steven and his sister react to the divorce?
Part 3) Why does Steven seem to blame his father for the divorce although it was his mother that had the affair?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship that Steve has with his father.
Part 1) Describe the relationship between Steve and his father at the beginning of the story. Compare that to the relationship of Steve and his mother.
Part 2) In what way does the relationship between Steve and his father change over the course of the book? What is the reason for the majority of the change?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)