|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after the homecoming dance, where did Dub and Steve go?
2. When is the astronaut's wedding slated for?
3. Where were most of Steve and the astronaut's meals consumed at home?
4. Why did Steve go to his mom's office?
5. What are Dub's parents' names?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some examples of how Steve garnered his father's disapproval?
2. Describe the scene in Houston, Sophomore Year where Steve comes to the kitchen while his father is there.
3. What caused Steve York to end up in the senior counselor's office?
4. What was Steve and Dub's first date?
5. Doug Chappell is Steve's best friend who has formed a club at school for what reason?
6. What did his father want him to read in Houston, Sophomore Year?
7. Steve had an elaborate plan for homecoming night, so his father wouldn't find out about the dance and his date. What was it?
8. Describe the fight at Steve's mother's dinner table.
9. After the completion of the float for the parade, how did the club members celebrate?
10. The GOD club's float of the hammer garnered much attention and won what award?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Steve to his father.
Part 1) Are the similarities between Steve and his father realistic?
Part 2) Is there anything shown to the reader that shows how much they are alike earlier in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the purpose of the club that Doug started called GOD. In what ways did the club contradict itself? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Look at divorce.
Part 1) What effect is divorce generally thought to have on students?
Part 2) What is the difference between the way that Steven and his sister react to the divorce?
Part 3) Why does Steven seem to blame his father for the divorce although it was his mother that had the affair?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)