|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cassette did Steve and Dub play in the car on the way home from the dance?
2. Who gave Steve his first kiss?
3. What is Dub's real name?
4. Where were most of Steve and the astronaut's meals consumed at home?
5. Who is the founder of Dadaism?
Short Essay Questions
1. After having written some of his essay for Mr DeMouy his senior year, Steve becomes very melancholy and does what in San Diego, Senior Year?
2. What icon died and what decision did it push Steve into making?
3. What does Steve's mother agree to and what stipulations does she put on it?
4. Who was Toby the Party at Wakefield and why was that his nickname?
5. Describe the scene where Sarah asks for Steve's help to gain permission to go the Pearl Jam concert.
6. The blue envelopes sitting on the bar Steve's senior year are significant why?
7. What did GOD club do for the talent show and what was the outcome?
8. Describe two members of the GOD club.
9. Steve had an elaborate plan for homecoming night, so his father wouldn't find out about the dance and his date. What was it?
10. Describe the GOD meeting in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 112-113).
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy is found many times throughout the story.
Part 1) Explain how jealousy affects people.
Part 2) Why is jealousy such an overwhelming emotion?
Part 3) What would have been your reaction to finding your boyfriend/girlfriend sleeping with your high school teacher?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Mr. DeMouy's character. Why does Mr. DeMouy take such an interest in Steve? How does Steve feel about him in return?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Steve's father having a small wedding? Why does the small wedding surprise Steve? Does this represent a change in his father's character? Explain.
This section contains 1,570 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)