|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the teens get their pictures taken at semi-formal dances?
2. What time did Steve pick up Dub for the homecoming dance?
3. How long has Steve gone without getting busted at school for drugs?
4. Who did Dub ask out after Steve kissed Rhonda?
5. Where does Doug go to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. The blue envelopes sitting on the bar Steve's senior year are significant why?
2. After the completion of the float for the parade, how did the club members celebrate?
3. Describe two members of the GOD club.
4. After having written some of his essay for Mr DeMouy his senior year, Steve becomes very melancholy and does what in San Diego, Senior Year?
5. Describe the scene in San Diego, senior year when Steve is in Mr. Demouy's office and what Mr. Demouy has to say.
6. What are the doubts that Steve begins having about going with Dub to the dance?
7. What are some examples of how Steve garnered his father's disapproval?
8. After the homecoming dance, Steve and Dub talk about their week. What does Dub reveal?
9. Who was Toby the Party at Wakefield and why was that his nickname?
10. Describe the scene where Sarah asks for Steve's help to gain permission to go the Pearl Jam concert.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) What did Mr. Waters mean when he told Steve that you cannot write about love until you have had your heart broken?
Part 2) Was it possible that Mr. Waters was contemplating a relationship with Dub at that point?
Part 3) Why did Mr. Waters give Steve a copy of the school yearbook as a gift?
Essay Topic 2
Given what is seen in the book, did Steve and his father truly connect and forgive each other? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Steve and Allison like each other but decide that they will just part as friends rather than ruining a good thing by trying to stay together.
Part 1) What does Steve mean when he says it would ruin a good thing by trying to stay together? Do you agree with that statement? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that Allison feels differently or the same?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)