|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the GODs win for most original float in the homecoming parade?
2. Steve said that his sister "might sign a pact with the devil", but who would she check him out with first?
3. What is Dub's real name?
4. Steve's little sister's name is what?
5. Why did Mr.Demouy's office stink?
Short Essay Questions
1. The GOD club's float of the hammer garnered much attention and won what award?
2. Describe the scene where Steve first sees Mr. Demouy as a man rather than just a teacher.
3. Describe the scene where Sarah asks for Steve's help to gain permission to go the Pearl Jam concert.
4. Describe two members of the GOD club.
5. What was Steve and Dub's first date?
6. Who was Toby the Party at Wakefield and why was that his nickname?
7. The day before the homecoming dance, what does Steve do to prepare?
8. After transferring, Steve is in jeopardy of failing senior year. What is the plan devised by Mr.DeMouy to get Steve to graduate? Why did he devise this plan?
9. Why does Steve goes to visit his mother at her workplace his senior year?
10. According to his letter, what is Doug doing Steve's senior year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Given what is seen in the book, did Steve and his father truly connect and forgive each other? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why is it that Doug and Steve quit being friends for a time? What does it say about Doug and Steve that their friendship becomes so easily strained?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Steve to his father.
Part 1) Are the similarities between Steve and his father realistic?
Part 2) Is there anything shown to the reader that shows how much they are alike earlier in the story?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)