|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the movie, where did Dub and Steve go?
2. Why did Steve throw out the Dartmouth letter?
3. Sophomore year Steve and Doug founded a new club named what?
4. What baseball team did Steve and his father,"the astronaut" go to see play?
5. Grace Order of Dadaists begin work on what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Toby the Party at Wakefield and why was that his nickname?
2. What is Steve's concern in regard to his father meeting Dub?
3. Steve's sophomore year Doug and Steve formed a new group after they are done with Skate or Die. What was the second club and what did it mean?
4. Steve had an elaborate plan for homecoming night, so his father wouldn't find out about the dance and his date. What was it?
5. The blue envelopes sitting on the bar Steve's senior year are significant why?
6. What are some examples of how Steve garnered his father's disapproval?
7. Describe two members of the GOD club.
8. Describe the scene where Sarah asks for Steve's help to gain permission to go the Pearl Jam concert.
9. Doug Chappell is Steve's best friend who has formed a club at school for what reason?
10. Describe the fight at Steve's mother's dinner table.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author makes the story seem very realistic.
Part 1) In what ways is the story realistic?
Part 2) In what ways is the story not realistic?
Part 3) Does it make a story better to have it all be realistic? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Look at divorce.
Part 1) What effect is divorce generally thought to have on students?
Part 2) What is the difference between the way that Steven and his sister react to the divorce?
Part 3) Why does Steven seem to blame his father for the divorce although it was his mother that had the affair?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship that Steve has with his father.
Part 1) Describe the relationship between Steve and his father at the beginning of the story. Compare that to the relationship of Steve and his mother.
Part 2) In what way does the relationship between Steve and his father change over the course of the book? What is the reason for the majority of the change?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)