|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the teens get their pictures taken at semi-formal dances?
2. How did the Gods receive their money for most original float?
3. What color was the envelope that was left on Steve's bar for him and his sister?
4. What started the fight between Sarah and her mother?
5. Who is Dub's best friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the homecoming dance, Steve and Dub talk about their week. What does Dub reveal?
2. Steve's sophomore year Doug and Steve formed a new group after they are done with Skate or Die. What was the second club and what did it mean?
3. What was Steve and Dub's first date?
4. After transferring, Steve is in jeopardy of failing senior year. What is the plan devised by Mr.DeMouy to get Steve to graduate? Why did he devise this plan?
5. What are the doubts that Steve begins having about going with Dub to the dance?
6. After the completion of the float for the parade, how did the club members celebrate?
7. What differences are obvious between the two Merit Finalists at Wakefield High?
8. Describe the scene where Steve first sees Mr. Demouy as a man rather than just a teacher.
9. Steve had an elaborate plan for homecoming night, so his father wouldn't find out about the dance and his date. What was it?
10. What did his father want him to read in Houston, Sophomore Year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at divorce.
Part 1) What effect is divorce generally thought to have on students?
Part 2) What is the difference between the way that Steven and his sister react to the divorce?
Part 3) Why does Steven seem to blame his father for the divorce although it was his mother that had the affair?
Essay Topic 2
The author makes the story seem very realistic.
Part 1) In what ways is the story realistic?
Part 2) In what ways is the story not realistic?
Part 3) Does it make a story better to have it all be realistic? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the purpose of the club that Doug started called GOD. In what ways did the club contradict itself? Explain.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)