|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the other National Merit Finalist at Wakefield High?
2. What job did Steve have in the summers in San Diego at his mom's house?
3. What did the members of Skate or Die do during the homecoming parade?
4. What is the title to GOD's float?
5. How old is Mr.Demouy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first assignment in Mr. Waters' Creative Writing class.
2. Describe what happens the night after the completion of the homecoming float between Rhonda and Steve and what are the consequences?
3. What differences are obvious between the two Merit Finalists at Wakefield High?
4. Who does Dub's older sister think the faculty member in charge of GOD should be and why?
5. According to his letter, what is Doug doing Steve's senior year?
6. Describe the scene where Steve first sees Mr. Demouy as a man rather than just a teacher.
7. Why does Steve goes to visit his mother at her workplace his senior year?
8. What do Bill and Holly say when asked how they are going to make their relationship work while they are at different colleges?
9. The GOD club's float of the hammer garnered much attention and won what award?
10. Steve had an elaborate plan for homecoming night, so his father wouldn't find out about the dance and his date. What was it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the purpose of the club that Doug started called GOD. In what ways did the club contradict itself? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Steve and Allison like each other but decide that they will just part as friends rather than ruining a good thing by trying to stay together.
Part 1) What does Steve mean when he says it would ruin a good thing by trying to stay together? Do you agree with that statement? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that Allison feels differently or the same?
Essay Topic 3
Sarah knew that it had been her mother than had left the marriage and not their father. Speculate on the reasons why she didn't tell Steve until much later.
This section contains 1,562 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)