|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the movie, where did Dub and Steve go?
2. Who is the other National Merit Finalist at Wakefield High?
3. What club does Doug's band play in?
4. Who is Frieda?
5. Why did Steve get called to Mr.Demouy's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe two members of the GOD club.
2. The GOD club's float of the hammer garnered much attention and won what award?
3. The day before the homecoming dance, what does Steve do to prepare?
4. What are the doubts that Steve begins having about going with Dub to the dance?
5. What was Steve and Dub's first date?
6. Steve had an elaborate plan for homecoming night, so his father wouldn't find out about the dance and his date. What was it?
7. After the parade the members of the GOD club met to dismantle the float. What happens that night?
8. What caused Steve York to end up in the senior counselor's office?
9. Steve's sophomore year Doug and Steve formed a new group after they are done with Skate or Die. What was the second club and what did it mean?
10. What differences are obvious between the two Merit Finalists at Wakefield High?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy is found many times throughout the story.
Part 1) Explain how jealousy affects people.
Part 2) Why is jealousy such an overwhelming emotion?
Part 3) What would have been your reaction to finding your boyfriend/girlfriend sleeping with your high school teacher?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the purpose of the club that Doug started called GOD. In what ways did the club contradict itself? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Why is it that Doug and Steve quit being friends for a time? What does it say about Doug and Steve that their friendship becomes so easily strained?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)