|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Steven York,a senior at Wakefield High, is in jeopardy of having to go to summer school for what reason?
2. What did Steve have for breakfast after coming home drunk?
3. Why was Mr.DeMouy's office in such a disarray?
4. Who gives Steve fashion advice on the morning before the homecoming dance.
5. Why did Steve get called to Mr.Demouy's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene where Sarah asks for Steve's help to gain permission to go the Pearl Jam concert.
2. What are some examples of how Steve garnered his father's disapproval?
3. Describe the scene in Houston, Sophomore Year where Steve comes to the kitchen while his father is there.
4. Steve's sophomore year Doug and Steve formed a new group after they are done with Skate or Die. What was the second club and what did it mean?
5. After the parade the members of the GOD club met to dismantle the float. What happens that night?
6. What was Steve and Dub's first date?
7. The GOD club's float of the hammer garnered much attention and won what award?
8. Doug Chappell is Steve's best friend who has formed a club at school for what reason?
9. The blue envelopes sitting on the bar Steve's senior year are significant why?
10. What differences are obvious between the two Merit Finalists at Wakefield High?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship that Steve has with his father.
Part 1) Describe the relationship between Steve and his father at the beginning of the story. Compare that to the relationship of Steve and his mother.
Part 2) In what way does the relationship between Steve and his father change over the course of the book? What is the reason for the majority of the change?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Steve's personality and the many changes that he goes through. How does Steve change from the beginning of the story until the end of the story? Why does he change in the way that he does?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the purpose of the club that Doug started called GOD. In what ways did the club contradict itself? Explain.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)