|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the other National Merit Finalist at Wakefield High?
2. Why did Steve go to his mom's office?
3. After three weeks of dating Dub, who asked to meet her?
4. Who did Dub ask out after Steve kissed Rhonda?
5. Who did Sarah enlist in the campaign to try to convince her mother to let her go to the concert in L.A?
Short Essay Questions
1. During his senior year, Sarah and Steve get into a large fight one night while watching videos. What was it about and what was revealed?
2. Describe what happens the night after the completion of the homecoming float between Rhonda and Steve and what are the consequences?
3. After the parade the members of the GOD club met to dismantle the float. What happens that night?
4. What caused Steve York to end up in the senior counselor's office?
5. What was Steve and Dub's first date?
6. Describe Steve's reaction to Jacqueline.
7. What was Mr. Waters' first official duty to perform after signing their charter?
8. After transferring, Steve is in jeopardy of failing senior year. What is the plan devised by Mr.DeMouy to get Steve to graduate? Why did he devise this plan?
9. After having written some of his essay for Mr DeMouy his senior year, Steve becomes very melancholy and does what in San Diego, Senior Year?
10. Allison and Steve start seeing more of each other their senior year, yet Steve doesn't acknowledge her in certain places--where and why?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Steve to his father.
Part 1) Are the similarities between Steve and his father realistic?
Part 2) Is there anything shown to the reader that shows how much they are alike earlier in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Steve loses interest in school for a period of time.
Part 1) Is there any one thing that can be identified as what causes Steve to regain his interest in school? Explain.
Part 2) Is it easy to identify with Steve's lack of interest in school or suddenly realizing it is something he needs? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on one of the following subjects:
Part 1) The inner turmoil that teenagers feel and the emotional and or physical release that drugs provide.
Part 2) A teenager's need to feel accepted.
Part 3) The importance that music has on young adults.
This section contains 1,614 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)