|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of GOD seems to have a crush on Steve that he doesn't return?
2. During a game of "I Never" Doug gives Steve what Indian warrior name?
3. As a couple, what activities did Dub and Steve spend their time on?
4. Who is the founder of Dadaism?
5. After the movie, where did Dub and Steve go?
Short Essay Questions
1. The GOD club's float of the hammer garnered much attention and won what award?
2. What was Steve and Dub's first date?
3. Describe the scene in San Diego, senior year when Steve is in Mr. Demouy's office and what Mr. Demouy has to say.
4. Cap's is the place that Steve goes to after school. What is it and why is it good for Steve?
5. The day before the homecoming dance, what does Steve do to prepare?
6. Describe the float that the GOD club is entering in the homecoming parade.
7. What caused Steve York to end up in the senior counselor's office?
8. The blue envelopes sitting on the bar Steve's senior year are significant why?
9. Doug Chappell is Steve's best friend who has formed a club at school for what reason?
10. Describe what happens the night after the completion of the homecoming float between Rhonda and Steve and what are the consequences?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Steve realizes he doesn't want to be one of the stoners any longer while at the wake for Kurt Cobain.
What is significant about this realization? What does it mean for the main character? How would the story have been different without this realization?
Essay Topic 2
Look at divorce.
Part 1) What effect is divorce generally thought to have on students?
Part 2) What is the difference between the way that Steven and his sister react to the divorce?
Part 3) Why does Steven seem to blame his father for the divorce although it was his mother that had the affair?
Essay Topic 3
Steve loses interest in school for a period of time.
Part 1) Is there any one thing that can be identified as what causes Steve to regain his interest in school? Explain.
Part 2) Is it easy to identify with Steve's lack of interest in school or suddenly realizing it is something he needs? Explain your answer.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)