|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the members of GOD bring with them to dismantle the homecoming float?
2. Why was Mr.DeMouy's office in such a disarray?
3. Who was the only athlete in GOD?
4. What is Doug's older brother's name?
5. Steve's favorite place to go after school in San Diego is where?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to his letter, what is Doug doing Steve's senior year?
2. After the parade the members of the GOD club met to dismantle the float. What happens that night?
3. After the completion of the float for the parade, how did the club members celebrate?
4. Describe the float that the GOD club is entering in the homecoming parade.
5. After having written some of his essay for Mr DeMouy his senior year, Steve becomes very melancholy and does what in San Diego, Senior Year?
6. Describe what happens the night after the completion of the homecoming float between Rhonda and Steve and what are the consequences?
7. What was Steve and Dub's first date?
8. After the homecoming dance, Steve and Dub talk about their week. What does Dub reveal?
9. What is Steve's concern in regard to his father meeting Dub?
10. Why does Steve goes to visit his mother at her workplace his senior year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Steve and Allison like each other but decide that they will just part as friends rather than ruining a good thing by trying to stay together.
Part 1) What does Steve mean when he says it would ruin a good thing by trying to stay together? Do you agree with that statement? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that Allison feels differently or the same?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it that Doug and Steve quit being friends for a time? What does it say about Doug and Steve that their friendship becomes so easily strained?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on one of the following subjects:
Part 1) The inner turmoil that teenagers feel and the emotional and or physical release that drugs provide.
Part 2) A teenager's need to feel accepted.
Part 3) The importance that music has on young adults.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)