Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Frieda?
2. Why did Mr.Demouy's office stink?
3. What board game does Steve keep his marijuana stash in?
4. At Grace High,Steve meets what group's president and founder, Doug Chappell?
5. What was GOD's entry of?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the parade the members of the GOD club met to dismantle the float. What happens that night?
2. After transferring, Steve is in jeopardy of failing senior year. What is the plan devised by Mr.DeMouy to get Steve to graduate? Why did he devise this plan?
3. What are the doubts that Steve begins having about going with Dub to the dance?
4. Describe the first assignment in Mr. Waters' Creative Writing class.
5. The GOD club's float of the hammer garnered much attention and won what award?
6. Who does Dub's older sister think the faculty member in charge of GOD should be and why?
7. Describe the float that the GOD club is entering in the homecoming parade.
8. After the completion of the float for the parade, how did the club members celebrate?
9. When Steve turns in the last of his essay what do he and Mr. DeMouy talk about?
10. During his junior year, Steve won what award and who went with him to get it?
Essay Topic 1
Steve and Allison like each other but decide that they will just part as friends rather than ruining a good thing by trying to stay together.
Part 1) What does Steve mean when he says it would ruin a good thing by trying to stay together? Do you agree with that statement? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that Allison feels differently or the same?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship that Steve has with his father.
Part 1) Describe the relationship between Steve and his father at the beginning of the story. Compare that to the relationship of Steve and his mother.
Part 2) In what way does the relationship between Steve and his father change over the course of the book? What is the reason for the majority of the change?
Essay Topic 3
The author makes the story seem very realistic.
Part 1) In what ways is the story realistic?
Part 2) In what ways is the story not realistic?
Part 3) Does it make a story better to have it all be realistic? Explain.
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)