|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Grace High,Steve meets what group's president and founder, Doug Chappell?
2. Steve responds to Doug's letter by doing what?
3. What did Dub do when Steve kissed her?
4. What did Steve have for breakfast after coming home drunk?
5. Why did Steve go to his mom's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. At Steve's graduation who from his family attended?
2. Who does Dub's older sister think the faculty member in charge of GOD should be and why?
3. During his junior year, Steve won what award and who went with him to get it?
4. The GOD club's float of the hammer garnered much attention and won what award?
5. What differences are obvious between the two Merit Finalists at Wakefield High?
6. What icon died and what decision did it push Steve into making?
7. Steve had an elaborate plan for homecoming night, so his father wouldn't find out about the dance and his date. What was it?
8. Describe the fight at Steve's mother's dinner table.
9. What are the doubts that Steve begins having about going with Dub to the dance?
10. What happens in Houston Sophomore Year (pp 127-131) when Steve returns home after Christmas break?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the purpose of the club that Doug started called GOD. In what ways did the club contradict itself? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The author makes the story seem very realistic.
Part 1) In what ways is the story realistic?
Part 2) In what ways is the story not realistic?
Part 3) Does it make a story better to have it all be realistic? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Jealousy is found many times throughout the story.
Part 1) Explain how jealousy affects people.
Part 2) Why is jealousy such an overwhelming emotion?
Part 3) What would have been your reaction to finding your boyfriend/girlfriend sleeping with your high school teacher?
This section contains 1,545 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)