|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the teens get their pictures taken at semi-formal dances?
2. What was GOD's entry of?
3. How did the Gods receive their money for most original float?
4. What did the envelopes contain?
5. What did the members of GOD bring with them to dismantle the homecoming float?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene where Steve first sees Mr. Demouy as a man rather than just a teacher.
2. Describe two members of the GOD club.
3. Who was Toby the Party at Wakefield and why was that his nickname?
4. What is Steve's concern in regard to his father meeting Dub?
5. After the parade the members of the GOD club met to dismantle the float. What happens that night?
6. Cap's is the place that Steve goes to after school. What is it and why is it good for Steve?
7. Doug Chappell is Steve's best friend who has formed a club at school for what reason?
8. What are some examples of how Steve garnered his father's disapproval?
9. What was Steve and Dub's first date?
10. Describe the scene in San Diego, senior year when Steve is in Mr. Demouy's office and what Mr. Demouy has to say.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the purpose of the club that Doug started called GOD. In what ways did the club contradict itself? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on one of the following subjects:
Part 1) The inner turmoil that teenagers feel and the emotional and or physical release that drugs provide.
Part 2) A teenager's need to feel accepted.
Part 3) The importance that music has on young adults.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Steve's personality and the many changes that he goes through. How does Steve change from the beginning of the story until the end of the story? Why does he change in the way that he does?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)