|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after the homecoming dance, where did Dub and Steve go?
2. Grace Order of Dadaists begin work on what?
3. Who gives Steve fashion advice on the morning before the homecoming dance.
4. Which member of GOD seems to have a crush on Steve that he doesn't return?
5. What was Steve's first car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Cap's is the place that Steve goes to after school. What is it and why is it good for Steve?
2. Describe the fight at Steve's mother's dinner table.
3. The blue envelopes sitting on the bar Steve's senior year are significant why?
4. After having written some of his essay for Mr DeMouy his senior year, Steve becomes very melancholy and does what in San Diego, Senior Year?
5. What differences are obvious between the two Merit Finalists at Wakefield High?
6. The GOD club's float of the hammer garnered much attention and won what award?
7. Steve's sophomore year Doug and Steve formed a new group after they are done with Skate or Die. What was the second club and what did it mean?
8. What are the doubts that Steve begins having about going with Dub to the dance?
9. Describe the float that the GOD club is entering in the homecoming parade.
10. Describe the scene in San Diego, senior year when Steve is in Mr. Demouy's office and what Mr. Demouy has to say.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Steve and Allison like each other but decide that they will just part as friends rather than ruining a good thing by trying to stay together.
Part 1) What does Steve mean when he says it would ruin a good thing by trying to stay together? Do you agree with that statement? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that Allison feels differently or the same?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on one of the following subjects:
Part 1) The inner turmoil that teenagers feel and the emotional and or physical release that drugs provide.
Part 2) A teenager's need to feel accepted.
Part 3) The importance that music has on young adults.
Essay Topic 3
Steve loses interest in school for a period of time.
Part 1) Is there any one thing that can be identified as what causes Steve to regain his interest in school? Explain.
Part 2) Is it easy to identify with Steve's lack of interest in school or suddenly realizing it is something he needs? Explain your answer.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)