|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Grace High,Steve meets what group's president and founder, Doug Chappell?
2. As a couple, what activities did Dub and Steve spend their time on?
3. What is Toby's nickname?
4. What was GOD's entry of?
5. Why didn't Dub and Steve go to the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the homecoming dance, Steve and Dub talk about their week. What does Dub reveal?
2. What are some examples of how Steve garnered his father's disapproval?
3. Cap's is the place that Steve goes to after school. What is it and why is it good for Steve?
4. The day before the homecoming dance, what does Steve do to prepare?
5. The blue envelopes sitting on the bar Steve's senior year are significant why?
6. What are the doubts that Steve begins having about going with Dub to the dance?
7. Describe two members of the GOD club.
8. Who was Toby the Party at Wakefield and why was that his nickname?
9. Describe the fight at Steve's mother's dinner table.
10. Describe the scene where Sarah asks for Steve's help to gain permission to go the Pearl Jam concert.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Steve's father having a small wedding? Why does the small wedding surprise Steve? Does this represent a change in his father's character? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Sarah knew that it had been her mother than had left the marriage and not their father. Speculate on the reasons why she didn't tell Steve until much later.
Essay Topic 3
Look at divorce.
Part 1) What effect is divorce generally thought to have on students?
Part 2) What is the difference between the way that Steven and his sister react to the divorce?
Part 3) Why does Steven seem to blame his father for the divorce although it was his mother that had the affair?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)