Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Frieda?
2. Why did Mr.Demouy's office stink?
3. What board game does Steve keep his marijuana stash in?
4. At Grace High,Steve meets what group's president and founder, Doug Chappell?
5. What was GOD's entry of?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the parade the members of the GOD club met to dismantle the float. What happens that night?
2. After transferring, Steve is in jeopardy of failing senior year. What is the plan devised by Mr.DeMouy to get Steve to graduate? Why did he devise this plan?
3. What are the doubts that Steve begins having about going with Dub to the dance?
4. Describe the first assignment in Mr. Waters' Creative Writing class.
5. The GOD club's float of the hammer garnered much attention and won what award?
6. Who does Dub's older sister think the faculty member in charge of GOD should be and why?
7. Describe the float that the GOD club is entering in the homecoming parade.
8. After the completion of the float for the parade, how did the club members celebrate?
9. When Steve turns in the last of his essay what do he and Mr. DeMouy talk about?
10. During his junior year, Steve won what award and who went with him to get it?
Given what is seen in the book, did Steve and his father truly connect and forgive each other? Explain your answer.
Write an essay on one of the following subjects:
Part 1) The inner turmoil that teenagers feel and the emotional and or physical release that drugs provide.
Part 2) A teenager's need to feel accepted.
Part 3) The importance that music has on young adults.
Steve realizes he doesn't want to be one of the stoners any longer while at the wake for Kurt Cobain.
What is significant about this realization? What does it mean for the main character? How would the story have been different without this realization?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)