Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Frieda?
2. Why did Mr.Demouy's office stink?
3. What board game does Steve keep his marijuana stash in?
4. At Grace High,Steve meets what group's president and founder, Doug Chappell?
5. What was GOD's entry of?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the parade the members of the GOD club met to dismantle the float. What happens that night?
2. After transferring, Steve is in jeopardy of failing senior year. What is the plan devised by Mr.DeMouy to get Steve to graduate? Why did he devise this plan?
3. What are the doubts that Steve begins having about going with Dub to the dance?
4. Describe the first assignment in Mr. Waters' Creative Writing class.
5. The GOD club's float of the hammer garnered much attention and won what award?
6. Who does Dub's older sister think the faculty member in charge of GOD should be and why?
7. Describe the float that the GOD club is entering in the homecoming parade.
8. After the completion of the float for the parade, how did the club members celebrate?
9. When Steve turns in the last of his essay what do he and Mr. DeMouy talk about?
10. During his junior year, Steve won what award and who went with him to get it?
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy is found many times throughout the story.
Part 1) Explain how jealousy affects people.
Part 2) Why is jealousy such an overwhelming emotion?
Part 3) What would have been your reaction to finding your boyfriend/girlfriend sleeping with your high school teacher?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Steve's personality and the many changes that he goes through. How does Steve change from the beginning of the story until the end of the story? Why does he change in the way that he does?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Mr. DeMouy's character. Why does Mr. DeMouy take such an interest in Steve? How does Steve feel about him in return?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)