|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Doug put in the stepping stones for his walkway he made?
2. Steve said that his sister "might sign a pact with the devil", but who would she check him out with first?
3. How d Steve and his father communicated in their house?
4. Steve brings Mr.DeMouy what?
5. What started the fight between Sarah and her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some examples of how Steve garnered his father's disapproval?
2. The GOD club's float of the hammer garnered much attention and won what award?
3. Doug Chappell is Steve's best friend who has formed a club at school for what reason?
4. What differences are obvious between the two Merit Finalists at Wakefield High?
5. What did his father want him to read in Houston, Sophomore Year?
6. The day before the homecoming dance, what does Steve do to prepare?
7. After the parade the members of the GOD club met to dismantle the float. What happens that night?
8. What was Steve and Dub's first date?
9. What are the doubts that Steve begins having about going with Dub to the dance?
10. Describe the scene where Steve first sees Mr. Demouy as a man rather than just a teacher.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Steve and Allison like each other but decide that they will just part as friends rather than ruining a good thing by trying to stay together.
Part 1) What does Steve mean when he says it would ruin a good thing by trying to stay together? Do you agree with that statement? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that Allison feels differently or the same?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on one of the following subjects:
Part 1) The inner turmoil that teenagers feel and the emotional and or physical release that drugs provide.
Part 2) A teenager's need to feel accepted.
Part 3) The importance that music has on young adults.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Steve to his father.
Part 1) Are the similarities between Steve and his father realistic?
Part 2) Is there anything shown to the reader that shows how much they are alike earlier in the story?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)