|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sarah's letter she tells Steve that someone has a crush on him. Who is it?
2. What did the members of GOD bring with them to dismantle the homecoming float?
3. What was Steve;s motivation for going to school every day?
4. What did Dub and Steve do at the dance?
5. What job did Steve have in the summers in San Diego at his mom's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. The GOD club's float of the hammer garnered much attention and won what award?
2. After having written some of his essay for Mr DeMouy his senior year, Steve becomes very melancholy and does what in San Diego, Senior Year?
3. After the homecoming dance, Steve and Dub talk about their week. What does Dub reveal?
4. According to his letter, what is Doug doing Steve's senior year?
5. Describe the fight at Steve's mother's dinner table.
6. After transferring, Steve is in jeopardy of failing senior year. What is the plan devised by Mr.DeMouy to get Steve to graduate? Why did he devise this plan?
7. What caused Steve York to end up in the senior counselor's office?
8. Who was Toby the Party at Wakefield and why was that his nickname?
9. After the parade the members of the GOD club met to dismantle the float. What happens that night?
10. Describe what happens the night after the completion of the homecoming float between Rhonda and Steve and what are the consequences?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy is found many times throughout the story.
Part 1) Explain how jealousy affects people.
Part 2) Why is jealousy such an overwhelming emotion?
Part 3) What would have been your reaction to finding your boyfriend/girlfriend sleeping with your high school teacher?
Essay Topic 2
Given what is seen in the book, did Steve and his father truly connect and forgive each other? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Steve's father having a small wedding? Why does the small wedding surprise Steve? Does this represent a change in his father's character? Explain.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)