|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Doug go to college?
2. Why did Steve get called to Mr.Demouy's office?
3. What baseball team did Steve and his father,"the astronaut" go to see play?
4. Why was Mr.DeMouy's office in such a disarray?
5. How many pages must his paper be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fight at Steve's mother's dinner table.
2. What are the doubts that Steve begins having about going with Dub to the dance?
3. What caused Steve York to end up in the senior counselor's office?
4. Describe the scene in Houston, Sophomore Year where Steve comes to the kitchen while his father is there.
5. What are some examples of how Steve garnered his father's disapproval?
6. What was Steve and Dub's first date?
7. The blue envelopes sitting on the bar Steve's senior year are significant why?
8. Describe the scene where Steve first sees Mr. Demouy as a man rather than just a teacher.
9. Describe the scene in San Diego, senior year when Steve is in Mr. Demouy's office and what Mr. Demouy has to say.
10. Doug Chappell is Steve's best friend who has formed a club at school for what reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it that Doug and Steve quit being friends for a time? What does it say about Doug and Steve that their friendship becomes so easily strained?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on one of the following subjects:
Part 1) The inner turmoil that teenagers feel and the emotional and or physical release that drugs provide.
Part 2) A teenager's need to feel accepted.
Part 3) The importance that music has on young adults.
Essay Topic 3
Look at divorce.
Part 1) What effect is divorce generally thought to have on students?
Part 2) What is the difference between the way that Steven and his sister react to the divorce?
Part 3) Why does Steven seem to blame his father for the divorce although it was his mother that had the affair?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)