|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Frieda?
2. Why did Mr.Demouy's office stink?
3. What board game does Steve keep his marijuana stash in?
4. At Grace High,Steve meets what group's president and founder, Doug Chappell?
5. What was GOD's entry of?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the parade the members of the GOD club met to dismantle the float. What happens that night?
2. After transferring, Steve is in jeopardy of failing senior year. What is the plan devised by Mr.DeMouy to get Steve to graduate? Why did he devise this plan?
3. What are the doubts that Steve begins having about going with Dub to the dance?
4. Describe the first assignment in Mr. Waters' Creative Writing class.
5. The GOD club's float of the hammer garnered much attention and won what award?
6. Who does Dub's older sister think the faculty member in charge of GOD should be and why?
7. Describe the float that the GOD club is entering in the homecoming parade.
8. After the completion of the float for the parade, how did the club members celebrate?
9. When Steve turns in the last of his essay what do he and Mr. DeMouy talk about?
10. During his junior year, Steve won what award and who went with him to get it?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Steve to his father.
Part 1) Are the similarities between Steve and his father realistic?
Part 2) Is there anything shown to the reader that shows how much they are alike earlier in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Sarah knew that it had been her mother than had left the marriage and not their father. Speculate on the reasons why she didn't tell Steve until much later.
Essay Topic 3
Look at divorce.
Part 1) What effect is divorce generally thought to have on students?
Part 2) What is the difference between the way that Steven and his sister react to the divorce?
Part 3) Why does Steven seem to blame his father for the divorce although it was his mother that had the affair?
This section contains 1,539 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)