|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sarah's letter she tells Steve that someone has a crush on him. Who is it?
2. What did Dub and Steve do at the dance?
3. What did Steve do when Rhonda tried to kiss him at the movies?
4. After getting very drunk, who drove Steve home?
5. What is Steve's stepfather's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene where Sarah asks for Steve's help to gain permission to go the Pearl Jam concert.
2. Steve had an elaborate plan for homecoming night, so his father wouldn't find out about the dance and his date. What was it?
3. Cap's is the place that Steve goes to after school. What is it and why is it good for Steve?
4. What are some examples of how Steve garnered his father's disapproval?
5. The GOD club's float of the hammer garnered much attention and won what award?
6. Steve's sophomore year Doug and Steve formed a new group after they are done with Skate or Die. What was the second club and what did it mean?
7. After having written some of his essay for Mr DeMouy his senior year, Steve becomes very melancholy and does what in San Diego, Senior Year?
8. What was Steve and Dub's first date?
9. Describe the fight at Steve's mother's dinner table.
10. The blue envelopes sitting on the bar Steve's senior year are significant why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at divorce.
Part 1) What effect is divorce generally thought to have on students?
Part 2) What is the difference between the way that Steven and his sister react to the divorce?
Part 3) Why does Steven seem to blame his father for the divorce although it was his mother that had the affair?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on one of the following subjects:
Part 1) The inner turmoil that teenagers feel and the emotional and or physical release that drugs provide.
Part 2) A teenager's need to feel accepted.
Part 3) The importance that music has on young adults.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Steve's father having a small wedding? Why does the small wedding surprise Steve? Does this represent a change in his father's character? Explain.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)