|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pages must his paper be?
2. After three weeks of dating Dub, who asked to meet her?
3. Why did Mr.Demouy's office stink?
4. How d Steve and his father communicated in their house?
5. How long has Steve gone without getting busted at school for drugs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What differences are obvious between the two Merit Finalists at Wakefield High?
2. Steve's sophomore year Doug and Steve formed a new group after they are done with Skate or Die. What was the second club and what did it mean?
3. What was Steve and Dub's first date?
4. After the parade the members of the GOD club met to dismantle the float. What happens that night?
5. Doug Chappell is Steve's best friend who has formed a club at school for what reason?
6. The day before the homecoming dance, what does Steve do to prepare?
7. Describe two members of the GOD club.
8. What are the doubts that Steve begins having about going with Dub to the dance?
9. Describe the scene in Houston, Sophomore Year where Steve comes to the kitchen while his father is there.
10. What caused Steve York to end up in the senior counselor's office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Why is Steve seemingly unable to see the similarities between him and his father?
Part 2) Why is Sarah able to see them so easily?
Part 3) Speculate on whether Steve becomes more or less like his father and why.
Essay Topic 2
Steve and Allison like each other but decide that they will just part as friends rather than ruining a good thing by trying to stay together.
Part 1) What does Steve mean when he says it would ruin a good thing by trying to stay together? Do you agree with that statement? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that Allison feels differently or the same?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Mr. DeMouy's character. Why does Mr. DeMouy take such an interest in Steve? How does Steve feel about him in return?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)