|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What baseball team did Steve and his father,"the astronaut" go to see play?
2. Due to his previous grades, Steve is chosen as a what his senior year?
3. In Sarah's letter she tells Steve that someone has a crush on him. Who is it?
4. What does the reporter refer to GOD as?
5. What did Dub and Steve do at the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens the night after the completion of the homecoming float between Rhonda and Steve and what are the consequences?
2. Describe the scene in San Diego, senior year when Steve is in Mr. Demouy's office and what Mr. Demouy has to say.
3. Describe the scene where Steve first sees Mr. Demouy as a man rather than just a teacher.
4. The day before the homecoming dance, what does Steve do to prepare?
5. Steve had an elaborate plan for homecoming night, so his father wouldn't find out about the dance and his date. What was it?
6. After having written some of his essay for Mr DeMouy his senior year, Steve becomes very melancholy and does what in San Diego, Senior Year?
7. Describe two members of the GOD club.
8. What did his father want him to read in Houston, Sophomore Year?
9. After the completion of the float for the parade, how did the club members celebrate?
10. Why does Steve goes to visit his mother at her workplace his senior year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on one of the following subjects:
Part 1) The inner turmoil that teenagers feel and the emotional and or physical release that drugs provide.
Part 2) A teenager's need to feel accepted.
Part 3) The importance that music has on young adults.
Essay Topic 2
Steve and Allison like each other but decide that they will just part as friends rather than ruining a good thing by trying to stay together.
Part 1) What does Steve mean when he says it would ruin a good thing by trying to stay together? Do you agree with that statement? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that Allison feels differently or the same?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Why is Steve seemingly unable to see the similarities between him and his father?
Part 2) Why is Sarah able to see them so easily?
Part 3) Speculate on whether Steve becomes more or less like his father and why.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)