|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toby's nickname?
2. What was GOD's entry of?
3. What color was the envelope that was left on Steve's bar for him and his sister?
4. The day after the homecoming dance, where did Dub and Steve go?
5. Why was Mr.DeMouy's office in such a disarray?
Short Essay Questions
1. Steve had an elaborate plan for homecoming night, so his father wouldn't find out about the dance and his date. What was it?
2. What is Steve's concern in regard to his father meeting Dub?
3. Why does Steve goes to visit his mother at her workplace his senior year?
4. Describe the fight at Steve's mother's dinner table.
5. Who was Toby the Party at Wakefield and why was that his nickname?
6. After the parade the members of the GOD club met to dismantle the float. What happens that night?
7. What was Steve and Dub's first date?
8. Describe what happens the night after the completion of the homecoming float between Rhonda and Steve and what are the consequences?
9. After the homecoming dance, Steve and Dub talk about their week. What does Dub reveal?
10. Describe the scene where Steve first sees Mr. Demouy as a man rather than just a teacher.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Steve to his father.
Part 1) Are the similarities between Steve and his father realistic?
Part 2) Is there anything shown to the reader that shows how much they are alike earlier in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Sarah knew that it had been her mother than had left the marriage and not their father. Speculate on the reasons why she didn't tell Steve until much later.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the purpose of the club that Doug started called GOD. In what ways did the club contradict itself? Explain.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)