|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Allison was declined to what college?
(b) John Brown .
2. What did Danny, Sarah's boyfriend, look like?
(a) A preppy.
(b) A jock.
(c) A skinhead.
(d) A nerd.
3. How many points above Steve's score did Allison make on the SATs?
(a) Ten points higher.
(b) One hundred points higher.
(c) Twenty points higher.
(d) Thirty points higher.
4. On the phone, his father asked Steve a favor. What was it?
(a) For Steve to be best man at his wedding.
(b) For Steve to tour NASA with him.
(c) For Steve to go to drug counseling.
(d) For Steve to give his sister a hug.
5. Who was the first person Steve called when he got home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Steve feel so forlorn on the last day of school his sophomore year?
2. Where did Steve and Dub spend Spring Break their Sophomore year?
3. When Steve came home what were his mom and stepdad doing?
4. What did Steve and Dub lose that summer?
5. Why did Steve become tearful?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Steve's mother agree to and what stipulations does she put on it?
2. What do Steve and Allison share with each other while on the trip to the Pearl Jam concert?
3. After the breakup with Dub, what happened to Steve?
4. A month before graduation Steve calls his father for what reason?
5. At Steve's graduation who from his family attended?
6. What are the Christmas presents Mr. Waters gives the class?
7. What has Allison and Steve's relationship evolved into at the end of the story?
8. When Steve turns in the last of his essay what do he and Mr. DeMouy talk about?
9. What do Bill and Holly say when asked how they are going to make their relationship work while they are at different colleges?
10. Since beginning the essay for Mr.DeMouy, Steve has only used drugs once. What happened to cause Steve to resort back to getting high to deal with his emotions the second time?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)