|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr.Waters tell Steve that is required to make high school better than college?
(a) "You've got to put truth behind the language."
(b) "Lots of practice."
(c) "Nothing. Either you got it or you don't."
(d) "Special expensive classes."
2. Dub's older sister attends what college?
(c) UT Austin.
(d) Brigham Young.
3. How many points above Steve's score did Allison make on the SATs?
(a) Twenty points higher.
(b) Ten points higher.
(c) One hundred points higher.
(d) Thirty points higher.
4. What did Steve spend most of his cinema earnings on over the Christmas holiday?
(a) Long distance phone calls to Dub.
(b) A new car.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) New shoes.
5. After a fight with Sarah, what did Steve learn about his mother?
(a) That his parents divorced after his father hit his mother.
(b) That his parents divorced after their mother had an affair.
(c) That his parents divorced after his mother hit his father.
(d) That his parents divorced after their father had an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Steve never get caught when he quit going to creative writing class?
2. The wedding took place where?
3. Why does Steve resent his father so much?
4. Who did Steve call when he got settled at college?
5. How did Steve and Allison plan on keeping their relationship going when they leave for college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What icon died and what decision did it push Steve into making?
2. What do Bill and Holly say when asked how they are going to make their relationship work while they are at different colleges?
3. What do Steve and Allison share with each other while on the trip to the Pearl Jam concert?
4. What is it that Steve discovers at the senior assembly after Mr. DeMouy talks?
5. What does Steve's mother agree to and what stipulations does she put on it?
6. When Steve turns in the last of his essay what do he and Mr. DeMouy talk about?
7. As a show of pride for his father, what does Steve do first when he arrives in Yakima?
8. Describe the scene in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 139-142) when the GOD group goes for a spring break party?
9. During his senior year, Sarah and Steve get into a large fight one night while watching videos. What was it about and what was revealed?
10. Describe the scene at Steve's father's wedding.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)