|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Steve throw out the Dartmouth letter?
(a) His mother wants him to go there.
(b) It's too far from home.
(c) It's cold in New Hampshire in the winter.
(d) His father will not be there.
2. After three weeks of dating Dub, who asked to meet her?
(a) Steve's Mother.
(b) Steve's Guidance Couselor.
(c) Steve's Sister.
(d) Steve's Father.
3. What job did Steve have in the summers in San Diego at his mom's house?
(a) Cook at Taco Bell.
(b) Mowed lawns, pruned trees, and weeded flower beds.
(c) Cashier at McDonald's.
(d) Gas station attendant.
4. Who gave Steve his first kiss?
5. Who is Frieda?
(a) Steve's boss.
(b) Doug's mother.
(c) Sarah's grandmother.
(d) The astronaut's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the GODs win for most original float in the homecoming parade?
2. What color was the envelope that was left on Steve's bar for him and his sister?
3. The day after the homecoming dance, where did Dub and Steve go?
4. Why did Steve get called to Mr.Demouy's office?
5. Who had invited Dub and Steve to a party after the homecoming dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene where Sarah asks for Steve's help to gain permission to go the Pearl Jam concert.
2. Steve's sophomore year Doug and Steve formed a new group after they are done with Skate or Die. What was the second club and what did it mean?
3. Describe the scene in Houston, Sophomore Year where Steve comes to the kitchen while his father is there.
4. What are the doubts that Steve begins having about going with Dub to the dance?
5. What are some examples of how Steve garnered his father's disapproval?
6. The blue envelopes sitting on the bar Steve's senior year are significant why?
7. What is Steve's concern in regard to his father meeting Dub?
8. According to his letter, what is Doug doing Steve's senior year?
9. What did his father want him to read in Houston, Sophomore Year?
10. Steve had an elaborate plan for homecoming night, so his father wouldn't find out about the dance and his date. What was it?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)