|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Steve;s motivation for going to school every day?
(a) To skip fourth period.
(b) To sit behind Dub in Geometry.
(c) To hang out wtih Doug.
(d) To meet with the other members of GOD.
2. Steve responds to Doug's letter by doing what?
(b) Sending him a postcard.
(c) Roadtripping to see him in Texas.
(d) Calling him.
3. Grace Order of Dadaists begin work on what?
(a) A carwash fundraiser.
(b) A pie auction.
(c) A concession stand.
(d) A float for the homecoming game.
4. What does Sarah's boyfriend want to do upon graduation?
(a) Work in radio.
(b) Do other people's taxes.
(c) Be a lawyer.
(d) Sing in a rock band.
5. Why did Mr.Demouy's office stink?
(a) There was a skunk out his open window.
(b) The janitor sprayed for roaches.
(c) He had bad gas.
(d) Someone vomited in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Steve have in the summers in San Diego at his mom's house?
2. Steve said that his sister "might sign a pact with the devil", but who would she check him out with first?
3. In college, what instrument does Doug play in a rock band?
4. What is Steve's stepfather's name?
5. How long has Steve gone without getting busted at school for drugs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Toby the Party at Wakefield and why was that his nickname?
2. What differences are obvious between the two Merit Finalists at Wakefield High?
3. The day before the homecoming dance, what does Steve do to prepare?
4. Why does Steve goes to visit his mother at her workplace his senior year?
5. According to his letter, what is Doug doing Steve's senior year?
6. Steve had an elaborate plan for homecoming night, so his father wouldn't find out about the dance and his date. What was it?
7. Describe two members of the GOD club.
8. Describe the scene in Houston, Sophomore Year where Steve comes to the kitchen while his father is there.
9. What caused Steve York to end up in the senior counselor's office?
10. What has Allison and Steve's relationship evolved into at the end of the story?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)