|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Steve do at Doug's after getting dressed for his date?
(a) Shined his shoes.
(b) Paid the water bill by phone.
(c) Took a nap.
(d) Drink a couple of beers.
2. Steve's little sister's name is what?
3. Who is Dub's best friend?
(a) Samantha Ellis.
(b) Johanna Turley.
(c) Christine Mcafee.
(d) Rhonda Smith.
4. Who gives Steve fashion advice on the morning before the homecoming dance.
(c) The astronaut.
5. What is Toby's nickname?
(a) The weird Kid.
(b) The Pig.
(c) The Party.
(d) The Bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cassette did Steve and Dub play in the car on the way home from the dance?
2. Who was the letter from that Steve's dad gave him?
3. What does Steve's mom, Cindy, do for a living?
4. What was GOD's entry of?
5. Which member of GOD seems to have a crush on Steve that he doesn't return?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the GOD meeting in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 112-113).
2. What differences are obvious between the two Merit Finalists at Wakefield High?
3. What are the doubts that Steve begins having about going with Dub to the dance?
4. Describe the scene in Houston, Sophomore Year (pp. 139-142) when the GOD group goes for a spring break party?
5. What has Allison and Steve's relationship evolved into at the end of the story?
6. According to his letter, what is Doug doing Steve's senior year?
7. What happens in Houston Sophomore Year (pp 127-131) when Steve returns home after Christmas break?
8. Describe the scene where Steve first sees Mr. Demouy as a man rather than just a teacher.
9. What icon died and what decision did it push Steve into making?
10. Describe the fight at Steve's mother's dinner table.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)