San Diego, Senior Year (pp. 1-11) | Houston, Freshman Year (pp. 11-17) | San Diego, Senior Year (pp. 17-18)
* Steve York is given the option of writing a 100-page report to acquire the missing credits he needs to graduate.
* Steve decides to write the paper on his own life and heartbreak.
* Steve tells about his father and mother meeting and their divorce.
* Steve has turned in the first few pages of his report and receives it back with green markings on it.
San Diego, Summer Before Sophomore Year (pp. 18-21) | Houston, Summer Before Sophomore Year (pp. 21-23) | San Diego, Senior Year (pp. 23-26)
* Steve goes to live with his father in Houston while his sister goes home with their mother.
* Steve gets a job at a theater.
* Steve and his father go to a ball game.
* Steve is acknowledged as a National Merit Finalist although he doesn't take it seriously...
This section contains 1,844 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)