|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Samantha's ex-boyfriend?
2. Which drug does Dr. Sterling give her for her anxiety while at Stillman?
3. What happens in the world simultaneously when Elizabeth wakes up in blood?
4. Which drug does Dr. Sterling put Elizabeth on next due to her mental state?
5. What does Elizabeth move to Texas to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elizabeth believe one of the terrible fallacies of contemporary psychotherapy is?
2. Describe Elizabeth's first conversation with Rafe on the phone. Why does she say she's calling him? Why do they continue talking?
3. Elizabeth is finally diagnosed with atypical depression. Describe what this disease is.
4. What does Dr. Sterling think that Elizabeth must continue to do while at Stillman Infirmary?
5. Describe the apartment that Elizabeth moves into after her stay in Dallas.
6. What happens as soon as Elizabeth lands in Gatwick?
7. How do the doctors react when Elizabeth is brought into the hospital covered in blood?
8. Elizabeth says there are two types of dysfunctional families. What are they?
9. Why is Archer the perfect person for Elizabeth to visit after a breakup?
10. Elizabeth says if she had any purpose at all, what would she do in London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Rafe and Elizabeth's relationship worked as well as it did for a time? Explain why their relationship worked due to Rafe's personal family history and how it fit in with Elizabeth's mental state.
Essay Topic 2
Elizabeth and her mother have a conversation after Elizabeth returns home to take care of her mother after she is attacked. What is the conversation about and what do you think its impact is for Elizabeth?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Elizabeth after the Prozac kicks in. What are her moods like? What is so conscious of all the time?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)