|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the excuses Elizabeth does NOT use with Dr. Sterling to account for the accidental blowjob?
2. Where doe Elizabeth live after Dallas?
3. What does Elizabeth really want her friends to bring her while at Stillman?
4. What does Dr. Sterling talk about with Elizabeth's father?
5. How does Elizabeth describe her life in Cambridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Elizabeth's mother disappointed in her when she comes to visit her in Dallas?
2. Why does Elizabeth finally learn her diagnosis now?
3. Elizabeth says there are two types of dysfunctional families. What are they?
4. Describe the apartment that Elizabeth moves into after her stay in Dallas.
5. Elizabeth starts to cry continuously with Rafe. While talking with Dr. Sterling, what do they decide the reason for this is?
6. How does Elizabeth react to her miscarriage afterwards?
7. What happens as soon as Elizabeth lands in Gatwick?
8. Why does Dr. Sterling give Elizabeth Xanax instead of an antidepressant, which she believes is more appropriate for her issues?
9. What does Elizabeth's mom tell her that makes her disease become a reality to her?
10. What does Elizabeth's Space, Time and Motion class become symbolic of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elizabeth realizes she has fallen in love with her depression. Explain this statement, including why she needs her depression so much at this point in her life.
Essay Topic 2
Secondary characters play a large role in Elizabeth's life at various times. Choose at least 5 different secondary characters and explain their significance at crucial moments in Elizabeth's life. What would have changed for Elizabeth if they had not been there? Were they positive influences or negative ones? Do you think they understood how sick Elizabeth truly was with depression at the time? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Elizabeth fixates on her Space, Time and Motion papers. What do these papers suddenly symbolize for Elizabeth? Why is it ironic that the class is called Space, Time and Motion? Why do you think she fixates on this class?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)