Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's diagnosis?
2. "And the thing about my mom is that she's totally nuts, but she's very _________."
3. According to Elizabeth, her roommate Samantha is a certain kind of "fucked up" -- what is her ailment?
4. What is the name of Samantha's ex-boyfriend?
5. What do her friends suggest she read instead in order to be happy to be alive?
Why do you think Rafe and Elizabeth's relationship worked as well as it did for a time? Explain why their relationship worked due to Rafe's personal family history and how it fit in with Elizabeth's mental state.
At various points in her life, Elizabeth will feel extreme highs followed by extreme lows. How is this conveyed in the novel? How are the words chosen, descriptions and tone combined together in order to convey the highs or lows of her life at any point in the novel. Use three specific examples to demonstrate an emotional period for her and how the writing helped to demonstrate the emotion during that time.
Elizabeth's writing style in the book is unusual. She will jump from a standard font to an italicized one. What impact does this have for the reader? Does it change the tone of the novel? Why or why not? What contribution does it make for the overall story? Does it encourage the reader to relate more to Elizabeth or feel more disconnected from her? Use specific examples from the novel to support your statements.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)