Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's diagnosis?
2. "And the thing about my mom is that she's totally nuts, but she's very _________."
3. According to Elizabeth, her roommate Samantha is a certain kind of "fucked up" -- what is her ailment?
4. What is the name of Samantha's ex-boyfriend?
5. What do her friends suggest she read instead in order to be happy to be alive?
Essay Topic 1
Elizabeth's writing style in the book is unusual. She will jump from a standard font to an italicized one. What impact does this have for the reader? Does it change the tone of the novel? Why or why not? What contribution does it make for the overall story? Does it encourage the reader to relate more to Elizabeth or feel more disconnected from her? Use specific examples from the novel to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Elizabeth attributes the fact that she is alive thanks to Dr. Sterling's determination and dedication of allowing her to stay in the Stillman Infirmary rather than be fully committed at the McLean Institution. What does Dr. Sterling do to help Elizabeth throughout her recovery process? Why does Elizabeth believe staying at Stillman helped to save her life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Elizabeth after the Prozac kicks in. What are her moods like? What is so conscious of all the time?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)