|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth agree to go to Stillman again?
2. To whom does Elizabeth lose her virginity?
3. Who does Elizabeth meet when she arrives in London?
4. Which one of these is NOT a couple that Elizabeth mentions always falling for one another?
5. People taking MAOIs cannot eat which of the following foods?
Essay Topic 1
Elizabeth and her mother have a conversation after Elizabeth returns home to take care of her mother after she is attacked. What is the conversation about and what do you think its impact is for Elizabeth?
Essay Topic 2
At various points in her life, Elizabeth will feel extreme highs followed by extreme lows. How is this conveyed in the novel? How are the words chosen, descriptions and tone combined together in order to convey the highs or lows of her life at any point in the novel. Use three specific examples to demonstrate an emotional period for her and how the writing helped to demonstrate the emotion during that time.
Essay Topic 3
Elizabeth realizes she has fallen in love with her depression. Explain this statement, including why she needs her depression so much at this point in her life.
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)