|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. People taking MAOIs cannot eat which of the following foods?
2. Who is Rhoda Koenig?
3. What is one of the excuses Elizabeth does NOT use with Dr. Sterling to account for the accidental blowjob?
4. Which character does Elizabeth envy sexually?
5. What is Elizabeth biggest problem with Prozac initially?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elizabeth react to her miscarriage afterwards?
2. How do the doctors react when Elizabeth is brought into the hospital covered in blood?
3. Why does Elizabeth refuse to appear on the Oprah! show?
4. What does Barnaby expect because he shows her around town and picks her up from the airport?
5. What does Elizabeth's mom tell her that makes her disease become a reality to her?
6. Why does Elizabeth finally learn her diagnosis now?
7. Describe the apartment that Elizabeth moves into after her stay in Dallas.
8. Elizabeth is finally diagnosed with atypical depression. Describe what this disease is.
9. Describe Elizabeth's first conversation with Rafe on the phone. Why does she say she's calling him? Why do they continue talking?
10. What does Elizabeth find ironic about her decision to find a new psychologist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Elizabeth's diagnosis as having atypical depresion. Review her diagnosis against her actions in the book. Name three specific examples that explain her behavior in relation to her mental illness.
Essay Topic 2
Secondary characters play a large role in Elizabeth's life at various times. Choose at least 5 different secondary characters and explain their significance at crucial moments in Elizabeth's life. What would have changed for Elizabeth if they had not been there? Were they positive influences or negative ones? Do you think they understood how sick Elizabeth truly was with depression at the time? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Elizabeth and her mother have a conversation after Elizabeth returns home to take care of her mother after she is attacked. What is the conversation about and what do you think its impact is for Elizabeth?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)