|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes before Elizabeth and Rafe talk again?
2. Which of these is NOT a book that Elizabeth is taking with her?
3. Who wrote "Love is not a victory march / It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah."
4. Which one of these is NOT a couple that Elizabeth mentions always falling for one another?
5. What is Elizabeth studying at Harvard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Elizabeth after the Prozac kicks in. What are her moods like? What is so conscious of all the time?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe Elizabeth uses hyperbole in her novel? Why or why not? Use three specific examples from the novel to support your theory. What impact does this have for the reader of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Elizabeth says the suicide attempt startles even her. Describe the situation leading up to the suicide attempt and her life immediately afterwards.
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)