|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the world simultaneously when Elizabeth wakes up in blood?
2. What has really happened to Elizabeth?
3. Which one of these is NOT a couple that Elizabeth mentions always falling for one another?
4. Which of these is NOT a side effect associated with drugs created to treat depression?
5. How much time passes before Elizabeth and Rafe talk again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Elizabeth says there are two types of dysfunctional families. What are they?
2. Why is Archer the perfect person for Elizabeth to visit after a breakup?
3. Describe Elizabeth's first conversation with Rafe on the phone. Why does she say she's calling him? Why do they continue talking?
4. What does Barnaby expect because he shows her around town and picks her up from the airport?
5. Describe the apartment that Elizabeth moves into after her stay in Dallas.
6. Elizabeth cries over a movie when she is younger. What is the movie? Why does she cry after this movie? What is her mother's reaction? Is her mother's interpretation correct? Why or why not?
7. Why does Dr. Sterling give Elizabeth Mellaril, the antipsychotic known to help schizophrenics?
8. Why is Elizabeth's mother disappointed in her when she comes to visit her in Dallas?
9. Why does Elizabeth finally learn her diagnosis now?
10. How does Elizabeth react to her miscarriage afterwards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elizabeth begins to take Prozac but has a great deal of trouble with it at first. Why is this and how does having enough energy relate to her problems at this time?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Rafe and Elizabeth's relationship worked as well as it did for a time? Explain why their relationship worked due to Rafe's personal family history and how it fit in with Elizabeth's mental state.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Elizabeth after the Prozac kicks in. What are her moods like? What is so conscious of all the time?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)