|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where doe Elizabeth live after Dallas?
2. What famous band does Elizabeth interview while in Deep Ellum.
3. What reruns does Elizabeth watch late at night?
4. What does Elizabeth immediately think when she wakes up in blood.
5. What is one of the excuses Elizabeth does NOT use with Dr. Sterling to account for the accidental blowjob?
Short Essay Questions
1. Elizabeth cries over a movie when she is younger. What is the movie? Why does she cry after this movie? What is her mother's reaction? Is her mother's interpretation correct? Why or why not?
2. What does Elizabeth believe one of the terrible fallacies of contemporary psychotherapy is?
3. Elizabeth says there are two types of dysfunctional families. What are they?
4. What does Elizabeth find ironic about her decision to find a new psychologist?
5. Elizabeth is finally diagnosed with atypical depression. Describe what this disease is.
6. Elizabeth starts to cry continuously with Rafe. While talking with Dr. Sterling, what do they decide the reason for this is?
7. Why does Elizabeth say she carries a lot of stuff with her at all times?
8. What does Dr. Sterling think that Elizabeth must continue to do while at Stillman Infirmary?
9. Why does Dr. Sterling give Elizabeth Mellaril, the antipsychotic known to help schizophrenics?
10. What does Elizabeth's mom tell her that makes her disease become a reality to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elizabeth attributes the fact that she is alive thanks to Dr. Sterling's determination and dedication of allowing her to stay in the Stillman Infirmary rather than be fully committed at the McLean Institution. What does Dr. Sterling do to help Elizabeth throughout her recovery process? Why does Elizabeth believe staying at Stillman helped to save her life?
Essay Topic 2
Elizabeth fixates on her Space, Time and Motion papers. What do these papers suddenly symbolize for Elizabeth? Why is it ironic that the class is called Space, Time and Motion? Why do you think she fixates on this class?
Essay Topic 3
Elizabeth says the suicide attempt startles even her. Describe the situation leading up to the suicide attempt and her life immediately afterwards.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)