|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Think of Pretty Things.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of these is NOT something Dr. Isaac says to Elizabeth?
(a) You are a fragmented person.
(b) You have a split foundation.
(c) You are too young to feel all of this misery.
(d) You're very precocious and sensible.
2. Where do Elizabeth and her mother move to?
(a) The Upper West Side.
(b) The Bronx.
(d) New Jersey.
3. What is Rafe's profession?
(a) He is a playwright.
(b) He is an actor.
(c) He is a student.
(d) He is a writer.
4. Why can Elizabeth not see Dr. Saltenstahl?
(a) Dr. Saltenstahl is overbooked at Harvard and her private practice.
(b) Elizabeth wants someone to give her drugs and Dr. Saltenstahl will not give her any.
(c) She doesn't believe Elizabeth is sick enough to need her services.
(d) She doesn't believe Elizabeth can pay her bills on time.
5. Which book does Elizabeth call a "trippy epic full of Sirens and Lotus-Eaters"?
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) The Illiad.
(c) Alice in Wonderland.
(d) The Jabberwoky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of these things is not one of the things that drives someone to depression, according to Elizabeth?
2. What is Elizabeth's diagnosis?
3. Which of these is NOT a side effect associated with drugs created to treat depression?
4. Which concert do Elizabeth and her new boyfriend attend together?
5. Where is she dropped off after the break up?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)