|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Down Deep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written on the card Elizabeth receives from her friend?
(a) Drug use is the best abuse.
(b) Getting healthy is for the birds.
(c) 500,000 heroin addicts can't be wrong.
(d) Give me lithium or give me death!
2. What is Elizabeth studying at Harvard?
(a) Comparative Literature.
(c) Creative Writing.
3. What book is the quote from?
(a) The Sun Also Rises.
(b) The Bell Jar.
(c) The Catcher in the Rye.
(d) Moby Dick.
4. What job does Elizabeth take at night while in Harvard?
(a) Playing DJ to a local small club.
(b) Waiting tables two nights a week.
(c) Writing music reviews for the Harvard newspaper.
(d) Working job security two nights a week.
5. What does Elizabeth call Dr. Ira's office?
(a) the Best Place for Drugs and Advice.
(b) the Fifth Avenue Crack House.
(c) High Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book does Elizabeth call a "trippy epic full of Sirens and Lotus-Eaters"?
2. Where does Elizabeth go after Ruby catches her?
3. What does Elizabeth have to give up in order to be "shipped to camp" that summer?
4. What does Elizabeth not plan to do after she finds more coke?
5. What is the name of Elizabeth's friend at camp that she tries to explain her depression to?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)