Prologue: I Hate Myself and I Want to Die
• Elizabeth has taken herself off lithium cold turkey because she fears she has Graves' disease.
• She is having recurring nightmares and wants to have a life free from drugs.
• She and her roomates are having a party at their apartment, but her cat is accidentally let out and she begins to fear the strangers.
• Her friend Jethro gets her cocaine to loosen her up for the party.
• Elizabeth is the life of the party on cocaine, but as soon as it wears off, she begins to crash hard.
• She cannot find any more drugs and spirals downward.
• She ends up on the bathroom floor, sobbing uncontrollably for hours.
• She remembers her first overdose at summer camp at age 12.
• She visits Dr. Ira who assures her that she needs the lithium and does not have inoperable brain cancer from Prozac...
This section contains 2,598 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)